• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Hylian Nightmare": A Link Combo Video by The GERM.

Smash Lord
Can i ask how the neutral kick in the air is followed directly by a double back kick without landing? Is it just L-canceling? By the way the video rocks!! (nice music too)

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
Exellent a forum for Germ's video..I had found the vid a week or two before I found this Forum. :laugh: . Anyways..I was wondering how exactly do you recover. When I say this I mean how exactly does your Link jump and then attack right from the edge (without that recovery attack)? :laugh:

EDIT: What was the first Song called? :laugh:

Larsixo

Smash Rookie
game_freak8000 said:
Can i ask how the neutral kick in the air is followed directly by a double back kick without landing? Is it just L-canceling? By the way the video rocks!! (nice music too)
It's can't be. If you try to L-Cancel in the air, you'll air dodge.

GERM, I was watching the video, and one thing stuck out at me. It seemed like when you started your combo, the people you were playing against just put the controller down and watched you demolish their character. And after you killed them, they would get a hit in on you. And tell me, how is it possible for you to have over 100% damage, then not get hit at all? These are just some things that stuck out at me, and struck me as odd.

Cry_Of_Dissonance

Smash Rookie
game_freak8000 said:
I don't recall that being done in the video; I only remember The GERM doing a Double Kick (B-air) followed by a Hylian Kick (N-air). If you try to do that, I'm sure you'll be able to do the same.

Maelstrom said:
Exellent a forum for Germ's video..I had found the vid a week or two before I found this Forum. :laugh: . Anyways..I was wondering how exactly do you recover. When I say this I mean how exactly does your Link jump and then attack right from the edge (without that recovery attack)? :laugh:

EDIT: What was the first Song called? :laugh:
He was Edge-Hopping. When hanging off an edge, press down and then quickly jump to get back onto the stage. It's a great way to attack from an edge-hang.

Smash Lord
Larsixo said:
It's can't be. If you try to L-Cancel in the air, you'll air dodge.
ya i know, when i posted this i thought l-calceling could be done in the air. Now i'm not a total loss. Sorry about that.

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
Cry_Of_Dissonance said:
He was Edge-Hopping. When hanging off an edge, press down and then quickly jump to get back onto the stage. It's a great way to attack from an edge-hang.
Ya..I figured that out..but I assumed it was something else too because when I do it Link only gets up some of the time. But thanks anyway :laugh:

Y

YoungLinkRox

Oh My GOD.

Germ, you rock!!! You are THE best Link player. I've watched it so many times and I still go WOW. I like to take pointers too :laugh:

By the way, nice hair. :dizzy: I also like your NES controller tattoo. :chuckle: :dizzy: :dizzy:

gn0m

Smash Cadet
Well finally I have seen ur vid and I have to say that it was great. Really impressing combos. And yes, the tatoo was sweet to. -_-

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
gn0m said:
Well finally I have seen ur vid and I have to say that it was great. Really impressing combos. And yes, the tatoo was sweet to. -_-
Thought I've seen the vid many, many, many, months ago..Its the reason why I play Link today (not as a main but as a secondary at the least). This video along with the others from D.B.R. are truly inspiring vids. :laugh:

Shukudai

Smash Apprentice
well, germ, in case you haven't had enough of the endless props, here's another big fat kudos for you from australia... ****in awesome vid man, i watch it at least once everyday, and i keep getting more and more ideas and inspiration from it. I thought linkology was pretty good but this blew me away. i'm the main link player in my region, and within a week of downloading the video i went from being evenly matched, to beating everyone with 3 lives remaining.

hope to see more stuff from you soon, keep up the good work.

p.s your edgeguarding/hogging/jumping is crazy!

The GERM

Smash Ace
Hylian Nightmare 2 starting soon....

I just wanna say thanx to everyone who's ejonyed the video, it really means a lot to me and keeps me playing this game. I've gathered enough recent footage to make new ones, this time with actual tournament match combos, combos on players from out of state and other crews around Norcal, and against a wider variety of characters and stages. So I'ma start on Hylian Nightmare 2 very soon so be ready for that one....

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
The GERM said:
I just wanna say thanx to everyone who's ejonyed the video, it really means a lot to me and keeps me playing this game. I've gathered enough recent footage to make new ones, this time with actual tournament match combos, combos on players from out of state and other crews around Norcal, and against a wider variety of characters and stages. So I'ma start on Hylian Nightmare 2 very soon so be ready for that one....
Oh my gosh, you are the best GERM. The DBR videos are incredible, they are so entertaining. Now a video with recent Link owning is going to be nuts. We shall all wait patiently, thanks a lot for the videos by the way!

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
dark_dragon8 said:
Oh my gosh, you are the best GERM. The DBR videos are incredible, they are so entertaining. Now a video with recent Link owning is going to be nuts. We shall all wait patiently, thanks a lot for the videos by the way!
word. cant wait to see how awsome this vid is gonna be.

Cry_Of_Dissonance

Smash Rookie
The GERM said:
That's awesome news. Keep up the good work.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
When you said it keeps you playing the game with everything people say, I bet it feels just as good to hear people saying I play Link now because of you or I picked Link up again. I know I did.

boogeyman

Smash Cadet
You've probably got enough props already, but here goes. Germ you have the best Link. Period. You actually got me to pick up Link next to my Ganondorf. I hope to one day be as good as you. I watch Hylian Nightmare all the time. You make Link look top tier. Can't wait till the next one comes out. Hopefully someday I can go down there and play against you and the rest of dbr.

ValiantDeftone

Smash Apprentice
new to the board and boards in general. i've been playing Super Smash Bros. since the N64 days and i've always played as Link. I've fought alot of people over the years and have never gone against another Link. people always say Link is too slow and other characters can run circles around him. but they usually end up eating their words after they try to keep up with me. once i got into the message boards, i find out that im pretty much a noob compared to the stuff on here. amazing. GERM is truly a master at Link. amazing. major props.

\m/

Sm00th_Crim1nal

Smash Ace
The GERM said:
Oh Hell yah, kick ***!

eugey

Smash Journeyman
He already has one. It's "Death From Above"
There's also "Shined Blind" "Overdose" and "Pure Nastyness" (Fox, Doc, and Samus)

AndyS.

Smash Cadet
Hey Germ,

I noticed a while back that you said you live 40 minutes from San Francisco. Does this happen to be the Marin/San Rafael/Santa Rosa area? I've been looking for somebody good to smash with, but there's no NorCal events.

Nice vids!

Liku

Smash Journeyman
Man that hair and tattoo were sure hardcore! Being morbid's awesome. </sarcasm>

Awesome video though, holy ****.

iLLu5ioN

Smash Rookie
Hello Germ. I saw this video on MLGpro.com and it was amazing. I'm still trying to learn how to master link. Great job and you are a major inspiration.

That was the best video I have seen! You could beat me but from the looks of your freinds you didn't have much compitition. That was great though.

Smash Lord
[Silent_Wolf] said:
You could beat me but from the looks of your freinds you didn't have much compitition. That was great though.
Take a look at some of his friends' matches and you will see how wrong you are. D.B.R is amazing my friend.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
telling people that my name is pronouced &quot;Typ
Hey, look guys, sorry GERM, but I don't think he's THE BEST LINK IN THE WORLD! Or the best SSBM player in the world. Keep in mind these were edited out from videos, and there were plenty of times when he got his a** *****. Again, sorry GERM, althouhg I know you are a REALLY good link player.

iLLu5ioN

Smash Rookie
Tipo mastr said:
Hey, look guys, sorry GERM, but I don't think he's THE BEST LINK IN THE WORLD! Or the best SSBM player in the world. Keep in mind these were edited out from videos, and there were plenty of times when he got his a** *****. Again, sorry GERM, althouhg I know you are a REALLY good link player.
He is a Tournament player and he IS the best Link in the US.

Echo

Smash Champion
Yeah, i've watched this Movie about 397 times, and every time i watch it, it makes me want to take up link completely, i always thought so low of Link before this vid. But, i cant expect anything less from another D.B.R. vid, they're all so god **** amazing lol. I've learned a couple things off of the Mike Nasty vid, as i play Samus, but thats besides the point....

Point is, the GERM is by FAR the greatest Link i've ever seen played, which goes out further than the U.S.

Great Vid, Hope to see more! ^^

ThePROMINENCE

Smash Rookie
I really enjoyed your vid GERM. I admire the freestyling method that you use in battle. Something that I find myself using alot. Although I do have my own strategies and techniuqes. Question though, do you have any tips on L- Canceling. THANKS......

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Awesome job, GERM

I'm curious, GERM, do you ever play with Young Link? Ever? What is your opinion of Young Link? You clearly prefer big Link so I am very curious.

The video is awesome, dude. You really demonstrate some true skill all over the place. I remember talking about this video over on Zelda Universe's forum (www.zeldauniverse.net). Everyone on there was like, "Man this guy sux. He staged everything. His friends let him do combos. I could waste him." For a second, I was so confused. I was thinkin', "Either these guys are REALLY good or I REALLY suck. What's the deal?" Everyone kept agreein' with each other! "Yeah GERM sux. He is a noob. Blah blah blah..." Then I started pokin' through some user profiles. Yeah, they were all under the age of 15... They had nothin'...

GERM, you inspire me. :)

Zodiac

Smash Master
The GERM said:
I've been playing Link since day fu**ing 1, I've heard so much sh** from people over the last couple years telling me that Link is crap and that I should just pick up some high tier character so I can win tournaments, All I said to them was, "fu** you, let's fu**ing play right now and I'll show you how fast I can **** you." The point is, playing Link is an art, and getting really good doesn't come easy, so ever since I started playing this game back when I was a Lil' Amoeba, I've tried to help out as many Link players as I can, "rival" or not. Again, thanx to everyone who watched the vid, I hope you benefit from it in any way possible.QUOTE]

Well Said! You the best Link player(And melee player at that!) I've ever seen! I was at a tourny a few months ago and I heard somone say they regretted underestimating Link!

And also! Would anyone mind telling me what FC3 is? Im pretty sure its a tournament and since I can find any, I'd Like to know where.

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
First of all, GERM, thanks for the the awesome video. And it's awesome you're makin another one, can't wait!

Secondly, the DC++ hub is down for some unexplicable reason (or at least it looked like it). So I want Linkology so I went to google to try to get it. I can't go on. I have to wade through forums where guys are trying to say how he DBR vids are so "n00b" and how Link is "unimpressive" because he's only playing his friends and computer players and so forth... I can't do this anymore... I'm still shaking, it's so painful.

What I'm trying to ask is if anyone has a url to the video "Linkology" or if you know if the DC hub is not down. Thanks in advance.
EDIT: LOL, it's on DBR's official website. I feel like an idiot now. NM thanks anyway.

ZxC

Smash Rookie
One word, WOW! :p
How can you be that good with link, i mean... WDF!

Top Bottom