• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ice Man. Rundas Metroid Prime 3, Corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Sometimes, it seems like he just gets a list of all the characters people want in, spreads the names on the floor. And then throws darts in the air until some darts land on names.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Except when he calls the shots, the most wanted characters are left out, like Ridley
That's hardly true considering we're now scraping the bottom of the barrel for character ideas after Brawl included so many big name characters. IT SUCKS RIDLEY WASN'T IN BRAWL, but considering his competition it is at least understandable why he wasn't included back then. Some may say that Ridley and K. Rool would have been better than Wolf and Lucas or SOMETHING, but really he reached a nice balance of popular and lesser-known characters that are all interesting.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I guess, but i still cant believe how the Metroid series hasn't gotten at least another character in, because i am counting Zero Suit as half a character because of how all her moves are made up. Pokemon and Mario have like 6 characters each, and people still want more, Legend of Zelda has 5 and people now want Ghirahim, people want a 4th Star Fox character even though they are all the same.
It goes to show that even though the characters in Metroid are all unique, it still hasn't gotten filled out because of low popularity, despite having some 11 games, (Metroid, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Super Metroid, Metroid: Fusion, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime Pinball, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid: Other M) the low popularity is holding them back in Smash.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Problem is that, dspite having so many games, there aren't a whole lot of characters, other than Samus and her recurring foes, that would make good characters in a game like Smash. The other hunters introduced in Hunters and Corruption would probably be the series's best bets.

I almost want Gandryeda, because she'd be able to showcase powers of her own, alongside powers from Ghor and Rundas, and maybe even ape Samus's moves.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Problem is that, dspite having so many games, there aren't a whole lot of characters, other than Samus and her recurring foes, that would make good characters in a game like Smash. The other hunters introduced in Hunters and Corruption would probably be the series's best bets.

I almost want Gandryeda, because she'd be able to showcase powers of her own, alongside powers from Ghor and Rundas, and maybe even ape Samus's moves.
I would think a couple of her moves would be like the stuff she does normally, like the pink discs she throws, but one of her moves would be to lunge forward and grab onto an enemy like she does to you, but then she would turn into that character for say like 10-15 seconds or after taking a certain amount of damage she would turn back, and she of course would look different, probably slightly darker.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Alternatively, some of her moves could have her shapeshift for just long enough to fire off the attack.

Like, her recovery would have her turn into Rundas, ride the ice upwards, and then transform back. Or a smash attack where she turns into Ghor's mech.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Maybe pop into the boost ball and zip around, or fire off the beam she used as Samus, the think laser one.
And when she does this moves you would see like a shadow of the character around her, it is an interesting thought,

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Gandrayda would be like the Shang Tsung of the series because of her morphing ability. Kinda like the idea in concept, even though it won't happen.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I just want another metroid character and because of the arguments against ridley and DS, rundas is the next best choice in my opinion.
Rundas is no where near that high up on the... eh, priority list? All you could really say is that "his ice type attacks would be unique," but that doesn't get him or anyone very far at all. TO BE MORE ACCRUATE, it would be Samus > Zero Suit Samus > Ridley > Dark Samus > No one.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I can't remember, does Dark Samus use the abilities of the hunters she absorbs in Corruption in the final battle? Because, if failing at getting Rundas or Gandreyda, Dark Samus could act like Gandreyda would, if that's the case.

^Kind of a cynical list...

D

Deleted member

She does. I remember her being able to use ice pillars after absorbing Rundas.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Well, if nothing else, then perhaps we'd be able to see Rundas's moves if Dark Samus were to get in.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Rundas is no where near that high up on the... eh, priority list? All you could really say is that "his ice type attacks would be unique," but that doesn't get him or anyone very far at all. TO BE MORE ACCRUATE, it would be Samus > Zero Suit Samus > Ridley > Dark Samus > No one.
I'm saying in my opinion, and of course samus and zero suit are going to return but there a lot of critics against Ridley and Dark Samus, and since there are no other characters (that i can think of) that could work in SSB4, Rundas would be my next choice.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Being criticized for various issues doesn't mean they are unlikely.

I mean, Sonic was heavily criticized as well for various reasons prior to his reveal for Brawl, and he still made it.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Well I think he has a lot of potential for getting in, an because of his ice abilities, they could put in new moves that he didn't use in prime because the ice thing isn't explored, if you want and example of made up moves take Captain Falcon.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm saying in my opinion, and of course samus and zero suit are going to return but there a lot of critics against Ridley and Dark Samus, and since there are no other characters (that i can think of) that could work in SSB4, Rundas would be my next choice.

Rundas would be criticized more than Ridley and Dark Samus combined, lol.

D

Deleted member

The problem is, though, and this is what everyone is saying:
While Rundas may have the qualifications to fit in Smash, so does Ridley and Dark Samus, and they're higher up on the food chain. MUCH higher. So higher that if in fact, neither of those two make it, there should be no Metroid Newcomer at all.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The problem is, though, and this is what everyone is saying:
While Rundas may have the qualifications to fit in Smash, so does Ridley and Dark Samus, and they're higher up on the food chain. MUCH higher. So higher that if in fact, neither of those two make it, there should be no Metroid Newcomer at all.

D

Deleted member

Anthony is on the same level as Rundas.
If neither Ridley nor Dark Samus make it, no one else should.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anthony is on the same level as Rundas.
If neither Ridley nor Dark Samus make it, no one else should.

Though the elephant in the room is Ridley. As long as he's in, it doesn't matter who gets in next between Dark Samus, Rundas, or Anthony.

If not him, then Dark Samus is a must. Then comes Rundas or Anthony but only if Dark Samus comes.
*completely misses the joke*

D

Deleted member

Nah, I got the "Remember Me" bit.

I just wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't making a joke.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
So at least Dark Samus or Ridley will get in, because I want them above Rundas, but if possible Rundas would be good too.
And it is good to see that the thread is getting at least some views.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
If any other humans get in, it should be Admiral Dain. Final Smash would be inexplicable acid rain, while Dain uses his ship as an umbrella.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
What about my joking?

Yes, I am. Just a bit of fun. Dain is cool, but he's definitely not Smash material
good, because he would just end up being like snake, a normal human being overloaded with guns and explosives. And if you are going to joke, incorporate ice puns and jokes

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
True, true. If they actually made him, I'd be as shocked as anyone else.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
She does. I remember her being able to use ice pillars after absorbing Rundas.
Yep, and she also used Ghor's version of the Plasma Beam and Gandrayda's ground wave attack or whatever.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
So her abilities would be stuff she uses in the final battle as well as some of the other hunters attacks
But that stuff should be saved for the Enter The Darkness Thread.
This is about Rundas and his abilities and potential

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
But if they have to put in another character besides Ridley, since he is the most demanded, it will probably be Dark Samus, but if she gets rejected because of people saying she is a clone, then i am voting for Rundas.
Which is why i made this thread, he would make a good Metroid rep. after Ridley or Dark Samus.

NeoRidley

Smash Rookie
I would support and play as Rundas. i think Ridley will get in, he just seems a little awkward to play as.
I like the hunters from the Metroid games, they have cool abilities and they are all different. I saw the Ghor/Gandrayda thread and then came here. I think he would be an awesome character to play, further complementing the Metroid franchise, along with either Dark Samus or Ridley.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I like the hunters too, Sylux and Rundas mainly. Gandrayda,Ghor, and the other Hunters from the DS game are too different. Rundas has extremely large arsenal of Ice attacks available, along with those claws on his hands

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
What do you mean by too different exactly? And I'm not sure I would call those claws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom