• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ice Man. Rundas Metroid Prime 3, Corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
When you look at the hunters like Spire, Noxus or Trace, they just seem too strange to play as. Sylux and Rundas are more humanoid and seem more like possible characters. Ghor is incredibly tall and thin and most of the time he is in his mech. And Gandeayda is just too random. She would probably be able to shoot those little discs, make a shockwave, a grab similar to Diddy Kong, an then transform.
And I am not sure what to call those things on his hands, daggers, claws?

:phone:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
All the hunters (especially Weavel despite being a cyborg) are humanoid enough when it comes down to it, except like in their alt forms, but the same applies to Samus with the morph ball, so I'm not really seeing the problem there. Noxus and Rundas are similar enough too that they look like they could pass off as brothers, among other examples.

Kinda see what you mean on Ghor though, but by "too different" or "too random", I think what you really mean is, a lot of those hunters would be more unique than your top two favorite ones. :troll:

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
All of the m could technically work, except for maybe Spire, but most of them are little unnatural is what I mean, like they won't fit in.
I could see Kanden, Sylux, Rundas and Weavel. They are all about the right size and would fit in, meaning they aren't really physically strange.
I could see Kanden as the strongest character in smash, stronger than Ganon or snake or Ike

NeoRidley

Smash Rookie
All the hunters are good, and all of them would be either a good character or Assist Trophy.
The only problem is they aren't well known. Most are one game characters and don't have a chance to become popular, except for Sylux if they are launching a game on the WiiU

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Assuming of course whatever Metroid they put on the Wii U (or 3DS) even continues off of Corruption's bonus ending and not some other story/arc of the series, and I wouldn't say Sylux is the only one with potential to become more popular or known just because his ship seemingly made some cameo outside MPH.

@ John: I guess I see where you're coming from on Spire. His magmaul would be hard to hit opponents with if he or the weapon were implemented in Smash because of the way/direction it fires, like a grenade, but his dialanche alt form would be fun to use still, as it's a spiky and lager version of the morph ball. I don't find the other hunters you didn't mention to be really abnormal or strange in the size department or anything though, like Gandrayda. Other than that, I could see Kanden being that physically strong too.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace

Here is a picture of Trace
You can't tell me that he would fit right in. Same with spire and maybe, Noxus. The rest are humanoid, and I guess would work.
I can't remember if they all survived, it's been too long and I lost my game copy. But say some of the hunters, like Sylux come back. Cool, now the problem is a moveset, sure you have the arm cannon, but what else?
But with Rundas, and Gandrayda, you can make a moveset. But with Gandrayda, her mimic is one of her greatest abilities, but we have Kirby. If she was going to be an AT, I would think that would be awesome. Copies the nearest character, and runs around acting like a CPU. But with Rundas, completely unique, and even though he died, I had the most fun in his boss fight. Given how many times Ridley come back, they say the made a clone of him or something like that.
I love Metroid, my favorite series, and given Sakurais comments on Ridley and size, and relatively low popularity of Dark Samus, a hunter is the next choice.

D

Deleted member

You are jumping to conclusions.

There are plenty of other factors other than the flawed size argument that would make Ridley "pretty impossible". Namely the fact that he's been portrayed as both fast and strong, even within Brawl, so by balance purposes if that was left unchanged, he'd be more broken than Meta Knight by far. Hence why Sakurai quickly backtracked his statement into saying that best efforts would make it work, but he'd have to be a little slow.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Here is a picture of Trace

You can't tell me that he would fit right in.
Why not?

Same with spire and maybe, Noxus. The rest are humanoid, and I guess would work.
Noxus isn't any less humanoid than Rundas and company.

I can't remember if they all survived, it's been too long and I lost my game copy.
Presumably they all did.

But with Rundas, and Gandrayda, you can make a moveset. But with Gandrayda, her mimic is one of her greatest abilities, but we have Kirby. If she was going to be an AT, I would think that would be awesome. Copies the nearest character, and runs around acting like a CPU.
Again, she wouldn't have to be another Kirby. Her morphing ability could easily be executed in a different way still, and thus remain unique, as I pointed out in the other thread.

I love Metroid, my favorite series, and given Sakurais comments on Ridley and size, and relatively low popularity of Dark Samus, a hunter is the next choice.
You're selling Dark Samus a little short there. Even if you don't see that much support for her here (which there's plenty of), she's still far from having low popularity.

And what Golden said on the Ridley part. Should've known you'd be another one to have selective reading on that old Sakurai quote. -.-

NeoRidley

Smash Rookie
Spire does look a little odd, what with the pointy limbs and such. Same with Noxus, they aren't quite like the other hunters in shape or size. Gandrayda would be cool, but the argument would be that she would be like Kirby, that would not be true, but in Smash, Copy=Kirby.
And when people say Ridley won't work, judging by the Ridley thread, the argument is size. So when the game developer says Ridley would be hard to fit in, John thought size. I can understand that.
And Dark Samus, her suport is sort of iffy. For those that have played the Prime trilogy, or at least have watched the boss battles and knows what she is, they support her. But the outside, the outside see her as a clone and they don't what their precious paper mario or bowser jr. spots taken up by clones.
Ohh the irony.
So i wouldn't say the support is low, just not the level of Ridley or K.Rool.
and Kanden or Weavel would be cool, with Kanden having a super strong Werlock Punch strong level attack, to go with his cannon. And Weavel could use his turret as a morph mode with limited range firepower.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Spire does look a little odd, what with the pointy limbs and such.
That's about as dumb as using Ridley's spikes as an argument against him.

Same with Noxus, they aren't quite like the other hunters in shape or size.
He has basically the same kind of body build as Rundas, along with similar freezing powers.

And when people say Ridley won't work, judging by the Ridley thread, the argument is size. So when the game developer says Ridley would be hard to fit in, John thought size. I can understand that.
I see, but what Golden said on the Sakurai thing is more likely the case still. Agree with you on the Dark Samus part though.

That is sort of what I meant
And I think you mean trace
Trace I could see working fine (at least more-so than Spire) since his Imperialist fires as a straight red beam/laser, which I'd be cool with firing straightly horizontal in something like Smash even though it was originally a sniper weapon in MPH. Not to mention his triskelion alt form would make for some pretty interesting attacks in his movepool.

FlameSpirit

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6099-0390
I think Rundas would be great addition. He's lesser known than Ridley or Dark Samus, but has much more potential for unique moves. The only characters that use ice in Smash Bros are Ice Climbers. And I never was a big fan of their gameplay style. I think Rundas could be much better than the Ice Climbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom