• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jigglypuff Matchup Thread (Week 3: ROB, and come on guys contribute)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
This thread is hilarious.

Glick is the only person on this board who has any idea what he is talking about.
LMAO, you're a ****ing *******, Glick has no ****ing clue what he is talking about.

I wish I went to WTON so I could have destroyed you in a jiggs ditto.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
LMAO, you're a ****ing *******, Glick has no ****ing clue what he is talking about.

XD, my boy Legan says otherwise.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
If you knew me, you would know that I sandbag all the ****ing time. I rarely play seriously, even in tourneys. You should ask Legan about how I beat him repeatedly with C. Falcon.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Oh crap. You were sandbagging? Holy crap, this is bad. We have to let everyone know immediately, especially the rest the guys from Michigan. Everyone at WTON was calling me "the best jiggs", under the false impression that I was considerably better than you--obviously, they didn't know that you just sandbagged all the time.

This error has to be corrected immediately.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
**** straight it needs to be corrected and anyways, I haven't played brawl with the people who went to WTON in 4 months.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
**** straight it needs to be corrected and anyways, I haven't played brawl with the people who went to WTON in 4 months.
Saying that you haven't played the better players in your area for 4 months (in a game that has been out for 6) is not a strong argument in your favor.

17th place??? lol, I'm pretty sure I could have placed better than that.
What 13th place (or above) players could you have beaten? I lost to Big C and Smash64, whom there is no way you could have beat. (And I beat Big C in friendlies) I probably would have gotten 13th if I was up against Panda, Dr. X, or Ryzen in brackets instead of people maining vertical KO powerhouses; I can consistently beat every other player who got 17th except maybe Omni and Asdioh, not sure.

Your argument is hilarious. You are claiming that you are better at a video game you haven't played competitively in months without a single shred of evidence, not even a single video or person backing you up. Go ask anyone in the midwest who the best Jiggs is. :chuckle: Go on, anyone. Anyone at all.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I guess my argument is pretty **** weak. I'll play some of the MI guys and get back to you.

Glick

Smash Lord

Bowyer I really think your a great player in general. But you don't really know jiggly puff as well as you should. Also your an *******.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol, I know jiggs a hell of a lot better than you do.
Also, I'm cool with being an *******.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
@Thinkaman:

I probably would have gotten 13th if I was up against Panda in brackets instead of people maining vertical KO powerhouses.
Panda mains snake (ie vertical KO powerhouse). I doubt you could have beaten him with jiggs.

Bowyer is better than Thinkaman said:
I'll play some of the MI guys and get back to you.
I played Rofa in a tournament Wednesday and went 1-1 my jiggs vs his metaknight.

I haven't played anyone else good in my area outside of doubles yet.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
@Thinkaman:

Panda mains snake (ie vertical KO powerhouse). I doubt you could have beaten him with jiggs.
I actually had an easy time with all of Panda's other characters, and although I didn't play his Snake in singles, I did well against his Snake in doubles. His Snake isn't as consistent as Big C's, and while he plays smarter (imo) I don't think I have nearly the trouble some do against that.

Edit: The one video I have up around here is me and a new player fighting Panda as Snake... (and Blood Hawk, whose Lucario gives me far more trouble.)

I played Rofa in a tournament Wednesday and went 1-1 my jiggs vs his metaknight.
Nice, Rofa isn't bad. I think OS and Kel are better, but no one can contest that he is a good Meta Knight.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I actually had an easy time with all of Panda's other characters, and although I didn't play his Snake in singles, I did well against his Snake in doubles. His Snake isn't as consistent as Big C's, and while he plays smarter (imo) I don't think I have nearly the trouble some do against that.

Nice, Rofa isn't bad. I think OS and Kel are better, but no one can contest that he is a good Meta Knight.
Yeah, Panda said he had trouble against you with his other characters, but his snake is definitely his best by far.

Where are you from? You should come back up to Ann Arbor once we get the whole venue problem taken care of and start the UMB's back up. Then we can truly settle this "who has the better jiggs" thing.

Also, I picked up DK Wednesday, and placed 2nd in a tournament that day with him. I'm amazing at this game, lol, :) , except finals when I played the puff for some of it against Rofa's MK.

Also, check out my sexy C. Falcon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWxwS1OZI5g

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Lol, I live in Paducah KY, and go to school in St. Louis. The 11 hour drive to Ann Arbor isn't something I'm keen to repeat anytime soon; even driving 6 to WTON was a bit much.

DK is good stuff too, as Overswarm now knows...

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Bowyer, why don't you just use MK and win every tournament for teh $$z?

Serious question.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
****, that is a bit far.

I heard about OS's encounter with DK. Good ****, lol.
It was so ridiculous... everyone pretty much stopped their matches in all the other pools to watch.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Bowyer, why don't you just use MK and win every tournament for teh $$z?

Serious question.
haha, it's crossed my mind a few times, but there are a couple of problems.

1. I live 20 minutes away from Anther, who is, unquestionably, the best in the midwest, by a long shot, and no matter how good I get, he will always beat me, even if I am MK.

2. MK is seriously gay, which is why I only use the flaming homo metaknight costume when I play him.

3. I'm not too into video games and the sitting and playing them for large amounts of time, so generally speaking, I would rather be doing something else instead of playing in tournaments.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
All I read was "johns johns johns johns" right there.

Also, Thinkaman, there is a big difference from when I'm trying and when I'm not. That may account for any inconsistency you've seen. I don't really try very hard against Jiggs... because its Jiggs. I can just use anything with priority or a disjointed hitbox and she can't really do much about it. Btw, beating my random characters in friendlies vs your main does not actually equate rather well in a tournament setting, FYI.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616

Also, Thinkaman, there is a big difference from when I'm trying and when I'm not. That may account for any inconsistency you've seen. I don't really try very hard against Jiggs... because its Jiggs. I can just use anything with priority or a disjointed hitbox and she can't really do much about it. Btw, beating my random characters in friendlies vs your main does not actually equate rather well in a tournament setting, FYI.
Of course, don't get me wrong. I don't have any delusions about my skill level; for example, I beat Anther's Pikachu in a friendly, but anyone with a brain knows he could two stock me in his sleep, and three stock me if he felt like opening an eye for part of it. I'm not exactly going to go around pretending I'm anywhere close to his level. Besides, if I did get cocky, all anyone would have to do is go G&W on me.

I have a ton of respect for the midwest smashers, great people in and out of the game.

Edit: When I said Big C was more consistent, I mean on a reflexive/technical basis, not game-to-game mental anything. You try to mix up approaches more, while he sticks to tilts and spot dodges.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Fine, you'll see. Next time I come over I play 3 practice matches with MK and then start ****** you from there on out. You won't be able to ****ing touch me kid.

Also, I'm thinking we need to have a thursday tradition of smash, or maybe we just need to smash sometime this week, I haven't really made up my mind.

Also, I continued to get trashed last night until 5:30am, I'm so ****ing tired.

Also, everyone needs to watch my sexy C. Falcon.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
So much Jigglypuff matchup discussion here... :D

Oh well. Pretty much every matchup is bad for her, why did Brawl have to kill Jiggs... D:

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Heh, the only person in my area that plays Luigi even a little bit is Meep, and there's no way I'd use my Jiggz against him, lol. My Wario had a hard enough time.

Soweez! ^.^

Amide

Smash Lord
Heh, the only person in my area that plays Luigi even a little bit is Meep, and there's no way I'd use my Jiggz against him, lol. My Wario had a hard enough time.

Soweez! ^.^
OMG Jeepy that was SO helpful. Thanks again:bee:.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Could we maybe stop talking about who is the better Jiggs and get some matchup discussion in here?

Amide

Smash Lord
Thanks for NOTHING on Luigi matchup Puff players... OK, now let's try to get something out of ROB.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Wow. I thought Sonic boards were bad, lol.

I was quite suprised at IvanEva's chart in Tactical discussion bumping this up to a major disadvantage. I don't agree with it at all, that charts a joke though.
What's difficult against ROB is to approach. Retreating fairs as well as ftilt keep usual bair tactics at bay. It's not like he's approach either, he is the projectile spam prince after all.

ROB is one of those characters you just can't edgeguard. With big distance on his recovery and being able to attack out of it you'll be hard pressed to gimp him. Without these gimps, expect ROB to live for a LONG time.

ROB has a faily easy time killing Jigglypuff. Nair is slow as but dsmash *****.

Thankfully, he's a big target, so dair -> rest is fairly effective, even if he lives higher than most due to his weight.

Also, he's REALLY slow in the air. With the exception of uair and fair all aerials are easily avoidable and punishable. Factor in the horrendous starting and ending lag on his dair, and you'll discover it's a real blindspot. Jiggz' uair isn't great, but oh well you get what you're given.

To be honest, I think this is just a disadvantage, not a big one. Just make extra use of your aerial game and you should be ok. I don't know much about this match-up, as I usually go Sonic against ROB. :\

Lol, I think this is my first post in Puff boards ever even though I second him.

Glick

Smash Lord
Oh was I supposed to say something serious?
Uh. Rob is one of those iffy match ups. I always either find I have the advantage or I have a terrible disadvantage. Jiggz basically sucks against projectiles but if you manage to dodge that rob has a lot of trouble killing you most of the time. If the rob knows what hes doing he'll save nair for the kill. but if he just spams then he really screws himself. Nair is the hardest thing to deal with. You cant approach him from any angle if hes using it. Its really strong and gay.

I think I'm taking jigglypuff less and less serious. That advice is probably not very accurate but I'm not going back to fix it.

Top Bottom