• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok my most wanted character is paper mario but I just want to give my respect for this character

bowser jr has a good chance and that's a very good thing because he will stand out and he could bring something different.

now let me explain the situation with the toad chance: bowser jr and paper mario have by this event indirectly more chance (assuming there will be a mario newcomer) I won't explain myself but for some reason, I don't like toad (found it overated) paper mario is, imo, underated but bowser jr is popular and he deserves it I loved sunshine and using the paint brush (tough, I do NOT think we will see shadow mario in his normal moveset) could be cool.

I never talked in this thread but I just want to tell you that even if he's not my most wanted, I will still be happy but unfortunately, sometime I wish we could have both which would be too much optimistic if paper mario doesn't get in, that's fine but if they don't represent more this serie than trophies and sticker, THEN I will be disapointed

So there you have it I support bowser jr

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I actually am in favor of Bowser Junior, now that Toad kind of seems lost. Wasn't there a interview with Sakurai stating that Toon Link, Bowser Junior & Ridley would be in Brawl during the early days of development? Or was that a rumor?

D

Deleted member

Bowser Jr. is my second most wanted newcomer for SSB4. I was disappointed that he wasn't playable in Brawl as I do like the character.

So, count me in as a supporter!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wouldn't exactly count Toad out yet, he could very well appear looking like he does in Super Mario Galaxy and it's sequel.

Things do look very grim for him though, and while I feel bad for Toad supporters, it gives me a little more hope for Bowser Jr.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Yeah...I tried to avoid mentioning it and I'd hoped nobody would notice lol. I thought it'd be more unique if he could hop while using the move, like the way Bowser does in the NSMB U final battle. That way it'd stand out, and be a little more strategic. I was also gonna have it work with my take on his Down Special which I'll talk about later, and I think it's cool to have specials that work off eachother but still have their own use.

This was something I was thinking, I should preface my thoughts that if Bowser Jr. does not use the paintbrush as a major part of his moveset, I think his major theme should be his inexperience mixed with his arrogance.

This move sort of captures that idea. Also, with his appearance in the recent mario and luigi game, he is very reckless with his attacking style and I also think focusing on the inexperience of the character would do a lot in differentiating him in regards to Bowser.

Him holding in the fireball as its slowly becoming to strong for him is just perfect and I think it should end like diddy's peanut popgun (Neutral-b), with him going "ow ow OW!"

Not to mention it would make a great kirby copy move!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Having beat NSMBWii with my friend a couple of days ago, I've much much warmed up Bowser Jr. I support his inclusion! :bee:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I was so disappointed when he wasn't included in Brawl. He's number my third most-wanted newcomer behind Ridley and K. Rool.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the Mario series is at it's limit but if there was another character I'd take BJ over Waluigi and Toad any day.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think the Mario series is at it's limit but if there was another character I'd take BJ over Waluigi and Toad any day.
Melee somehow got away with "5" Mushroom icon reps. Who's to say that that might happen again?

Sadly, it doesn't look like Bowser Jr. will be appearing in Super Mario 3D World, which could work against him as a potential newcomer.

D

Deleted member

Melee somehow got away with "5" Mushroom icon reps. Who's to say that that might happen again?

Sadly, it doesn't look like Bowser Jr. will be appearing in Super Mario 3D World, which could work against him as a potential newcomer.
I'm gonna be optimistic and say that it won't hurt his chances. While he doesn't appear in SM3DW, he did appear in NSMBU which is still very recent.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Reading this thread gets me really excited to see him for Smash 4. I really hope he makes it in. I love the recolors (especially the second and fourth one) on the OP as well as the move-sets. My favorite would be the last one by SmashShadow, but all of you guys did a great job and I'd be happy with any of those or something similar.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I'm gonna be optimistic and say that it won't hurt his chances. While he doesn't appear in SM3DW, he did appear in NSMBU which is still very recent.
And more recent than that, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. Plus, we've far from seen all SM3DW has to offer. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in there considering how prominent he has been.

D

Deleted member

And more recent than that, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. Plus, we've far from seen all SM3DW has to offer. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in there considering how prominent he has been.
Well I hope he is in SM3DW. I was a bit disappointed that he wasn't in SM3DL.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Well, I think you could argue that out of almost every mario sub-character (so not mario bowser peach and luigi, maybe wario), bowser jr has moved up the fastest. Heck, the only thing against him really (aside from whether or not mario gets another rep) is the fact he doesnt have Toad's history.

I think he is likely, he is showing up all the time (maybe more than yoshi now).

grizby2

Smash Lord
id like to see waluigi as a playable character more than Bowser jr, but Bowser jr as a playable would not hurt at all. both are worthy of being playable.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Mario series has 3 good choices for expansion between Bowser Jr., Toad, and Waluigi. All could have unique movesets.

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
Of all the Mario newcomers they could choose; Bowser Jr. is easily the most likely.

He's almost been in every new Mario game since Sunshine and has become the second biggest villain in the entire series. He actually has more screen time than Bowser does! I'd be rather disappointed and surprised if he didn't make it in the game.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
Right, I've an announcement to make...

I'm withdrawing my support for Toad and adding Bowser Jr. instead. I''ve realised Toad is now very unlikely and Bowser Jr. has amazing moveset potential.

So count me as a supporter.

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
I think bowser jr.'s already high chances may have bumped up a little more with today's picture of the day. Having bower jr.'s pirate ship in the background of the galaxy stage, might be an indicator.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think bowser jr.'s already high chances may have bumped up a little more with today's picture of the day. Having bower jr.'s pirate ship in the background of the galaxy stage, might be an indicator.
It's not actually his ship. It's a generic koopa troop air ship that been around since Super Mario bros 3.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I know you guys like Bowser Jr. here, and I'm not trying to start an argument, but I figured I'd drop by here because I have nothing to do.
I don't really like Bowser Jr. He hasn't been around long, and he already replaced many important Mario characters, an example being the Koopalings (although they have returned).
I can see BJ being interesting, but honestly there are a few characters that should come first. Toad is one, Paper Mario is another. Paper Mario is more opinionated though.
BJ is pretty likely from a Mario newcomer standpoint, but there are just characters I would rather see.
Again, I don't want to start a fight or anything, but I saw this thread on the front page so I decided to post my opinion.
That being said, BJ probably has one of the more underrated chances of any newcomers.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I think BJ has a good shot, and since I've supported his inclusion for years, I'm pretty stoked. I'll be able to make my classic Double Dash duo of BJ and Diddy and play as them in two vs. two's. It'd be sweet and stuff.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Junior is the best.

I fully support him.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I don't really like Bowser Jr. He hasn't been around long, and he already replaced many important Mario characters, an example being the Koopalings (although they have returned).
What characters other than the Koopalings has he replaced?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Sorry kid, I guess Rosalina's getting in over you or Toad.

All that's left now is AT ideas I guess, or maybe some boss battle concepts.

D

Deleted member

Bowser Jr. is my second most wanted newcomer. So, seeing Rosalina definitely disappointed me...

I don't think that Rosalina is a waste of a roster spot. But, I can't help but be disappointed because she got in over a newcomer that I wanted.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Bowser Jr. confirmed for SSB5 then?

The rosalina reveal shot his chances but still... now I feel like a Ridley fan

Top Bottom