• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Last Bill - Chapel Hill, NC- April 24/25 - Brawl, Brawl+, Melee

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
RESULTS POST:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10124595&postcount=1991

==================================================
==================================================​

The Last Bill​

Thats right folks its the next/last Billfest! Everyone get hyped because its gonna be amazing.

This Billfest will be a little bittersweet... allow me to explain. I will be moving to Spokane, Washington around the 1st of May and so this tournament may be the last time some/most of you see me. The trip is gonna cost me a lot of money that I will be working as hard as possible to come up with but I will also have a box where people can donate to my trip if anyone would like to. Any and all help, no matter how small will help me make the trip (I'm gonna be scrounging to make it) so please donate a little... call it a going away present or a Birthday present (my Birthday is April 30th). Either way I'm really gonna miss everyone so if you can come to this tournament then you need to so that we can all have one last billfest.

Heres the info:

Don't show up late. We are starting on time and we will start without you if need be. Please call if you are going to show up late, my cell phone is listed below.

Rules for all events:-
- If you are late and you want to stay in the bracket you will have to pay a $2 fee (which will be put in the pot) to stay in the bracket. More then 45min. late and I may have to kick you out (or give you a loss) even if you have payed the fee. Don't freaking show up late.

-All semi-final's and final's matches will be recorded. I don't care if you don't want your matches recorded, it is not up to you to decide.

-Pausing without warning or acceptance from the opponents will result in a lose of that round.

Location/Contact info:
425 Hillsborough St. Apt 6d
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Contact info:
-Heres my number: (980) 254-6422. Call me if you get lost or you have any questions or if you are going to show up late.

Setups:
We need setups so... If you bring a full setup you will get out of the door fee. To qualify for this you must bring a full setup (tv, system, game) however since we have a few spare tv's I will consider the first 3 half setups through the door to be full setups and the person bringing it will recieve such benefits.

Pricing/Prize:
$3 door fee - Will be charged for each day. As in if you payed on Sat. you still have to pay on Sun.
Brawl singles: $7
Melee singles: $7
Brawl+ singles: $7
Brawl doubles: $15 per team
Melee doubles: $15 per team
Brawl+ doubles: $15 per team

Pot split for all events will be 60/30/10

Schedule:
4/24
11:00 Registration opens
12:00 Brawl doubles starts
3:00 Brawl singles starts
6:00 Food Break
7:00 Brawl+ doubles starts
8:30 Brawl+ singles starts
After Brawl+ ends people may stay as late as they like and we will have housing for everyone that needs it. There will be some tv's running all night.

4/25
11:00 Registration opens
12:00 Melee doubles starts - we can start later if people have church jones, let me know.
3:00 Food Break
4:00 Melee singles starts

I will be purchashing drinks (soda, water, etc.) which I will charge as little as possible for, likely 50 cents a piece.

Melee Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)
- Pokemon Stadium (Doubles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokemon Stadium
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar

Banned:
everything else

Brawl Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* King Dedede's Standing Infinite is banned.
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 35 ledge grabs and you lose the match.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

Brawl+ Rules:

* We will be using the latest Build and I will post a link to it later
* Items off.
* First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 50 ledge grabs and you lose the match.

Neutral:
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Frozen)
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat
Wario Ware (Frozen)

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
4 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
---------------------------------------------

We need setups as always. Please post if you plan to bring anything and post what you plan on bringing so we can organize ahead of time.

Setups:
- NC-Billbro/Lord Karn: 2 Brawl's, 2 melee's, 4 tv's

Totals:
-Brawl setups:
-Melee setups:
-Brawl+ setups:

----------------------------------------------

Please post if you will need housing or if you are willing to offer housing I will list everything below.

Those offering housing:
At venue- NC-Echo, Lord Karn, Mullins

---------------------------------------------

Please post if you will need a ride or will be willing to offer rides so that we can make sure everyone comes to this.

Needs a ride:

Offering rides:
NC-Echo (for people close to the venue as a last resort since I need to be at the venue running the tournament)

--------------------------------------------
Nearby Food

Below I will post nearby restaurants and their numbers so that people may coordinate their food breaks.

McDonalds
409 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC 27516-2314
(919) 967-5788

B ski's
147 East Franklin Street, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 969-9727 <----- They Deliver

Qdoba
100 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 929-8998

Chipotle
301 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 942-2091

Franklin St. Pizza & Pasta
163 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 933-5277

Quiznos
169 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 929-2395 <----- They Deliver

Subway
122 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 967-5400

Gumby's Pizza
306 W Franklin St # A, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 968-3278 <----- They Deliver

Jimmy John's
306 W Franklin St # C, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 968-7827 <----- They Deliver

---------------------------------------

Interested/Confirmed attending
1. NC-Echo
2. Lord Karn
3. Mullins
4. Tho

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
WOOOOO BILLFEST

=( at last one though.

Does this mean you'll actually be on here some, Bill? I don't think we saw much of you in the previous Billfest thread.

WHY ARE ALL OF THOSE STAGES LEGAL IN MELEE? lol

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Haven't looked at the melee stage list in a while. It's the one I've always used. I'll have Alex fix it later tonight or tomorrow. In answer to your question, I do hope to be on the forums more but it will be difficult since I'm gonna be working round the clock to make this move happen. There is a lot that needs to happen. I'll do my best to pop in as often as possible.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I don't even need to say I'll be at this. I've been bugging you about it since forever.

I will miss you when you go to Washington Billbro.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Bill you know i will be at this.

I am very sad to hear about you moving though man =(

Ill be sure to make this thing as epic as i can. Coming out on top with a victory boys!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Wow this is epic... I hope I can make it but sadly no promises.

Bill, it's too bad you're moving so far away, but hopefully that means you found a great job!

I love you man.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
haha yeh

it all started for me with billfests...

i remember when i first came to the door with the, "shoes off" sign...

inside was not what i expected at all, turns out is was better :)

BEHR

Smash Hero
Tell me how Washington is..I wanna live around that area as well. :]

Cant wait for this.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I think my first toruney was at plurs, buts thats because my friend in that neighborhood told me about it, it was before i knew about smashboards. Billfest was my first toruney once i knew about the competitive scene.

lord karn

Smash Master
Hype!!!

Unfortunately for melee, it makes most sense for overall attendance and other reasons for Brawl/b+ to be on Saturday. All you melee people better still come!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
=(

Yeah Melee gets *****, but I hope that we can at least top 15(or it'll just be like a duke).....

Brawl's attendance will be mad legit though.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
oh my god.

last billfest. ;_;

this **** is going to be so good. oh my god so many good tournaments coming up soon.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Count on me being here.

I'll enter + doubles if I get a partner (If you're coming to this Yay, we can make good on us teaming).

Bill, best of luck on your trip, and tell Mullins to get his Tager ready.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yea, everyone enter +, i know i will. and i guess i'll win Brawl singles while im at it... :/

*cracks shady's spine*

Top Bottom