• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

etecoon

Smash Hero
wii games can't be patched unfortunately, sucks for anyone who got caught in that glitch

ParaChomp

Smash Cadet
Let's just pray they allow patches and DLC in Wii U games (though I highly doubt it).

Anyone else reminded of Star Bits by the Gratitude Crystals?

Big_R

Smash Champion
Just beast it. Took me foreverrrrr but I think I 100%'d it. Like 56 hours though hahaha. I was taking my time exploring then like 20 hours in I discovered I wasn't making it anywhere and stopped exploring.

Last boss was actualy something I'd expect from another game. Looked kinda cool. I was pumped to get the triforce. Too bad no one knows how to make a wish ever in any game or show no matter what. I can't play games anymore though that took light yrs.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Let's just pray they allow patches and DLC in Wii U games (though I highly doubt it).

Anyone else reminded of Star Bits by the Gratitude Crystals?
last I knew the U wasn't going to have a hard drive, so it's very unlikely. just another reason why the wii is probably the last console I'll buy, PC is a lot more convenient for me now

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
When posting spoilers, post what the spoilers pertain to. That gave us no warning so people aren't going to read it unless they beat the game.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
that isn't funny.

what is funny is that one guy in the bazaar, with the skinny frame and the puffy red cheeks. when you go near him and walk off without buying anything, the way he lets his shoulders hang is hilarious and creepy

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
He's funny, but I actually find Beedle funnier. I'll ring his bell just so I can go in, look at an item and hear him go: "OHHHH!!!", then not buy it and hear him go "OHHHhhh.... :("

TAAAANK YOUU

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
For some reason I loved the strange noises the Potion mixer made to make his baby stop crying, it was like Luigi haha, and my little sister if she was nearby starts to crack up and imitate it. xD And the Fake-Happy merchant also goes like, "Eh? -___-" if you decide not to buy what you select haha and then he quickly laughs to fill up the facade. He felt like the Mask Seller to me from MM. Also always loved revisiting the Item Check girl. ;3 Although, why you would pick her over Zelda is beyond me (dat voice~).

And yeah, Ghirahim was excellent, they need more intense scenes like
when they fought briefly at the Temple of Time and the Demise awakening scene, etc.

The text everytime you received a bug or treasure sometimes would make me avoid collecting things if I wasn't in the mood for all that mess.

kys

Smash Ace
The text everytime you received a bug or treasure sometimes would make me avoid collecting things if I wasn't in the mood for all that mess.
This became more and more of an annoyance, to the point where I think Nintendo needs to address this in further releases down the road. It's a terrible oversight.

A few other complaints:
No map subscreen? C'mon. Dowsing is not an adequate substitute.

No option to customize controls. There's no reason a player shouldn't be allowed to pick and choose what they want motion-controlled.

It's cool that you can only attack certain areas within a certain window of time, but geez, don't make the animation so OBVIOUS AND ROBOTIC. A more flowing animation that presents the openings through a more natural and subtle fighting stance would be a nice addition.

Other than those things, I loved the game. I think the idea of the last dungeon design was spectacular. I'm glad they didn't take the design too far, because it's something that can be used again in a much more complex and sophisticated way.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Despite getting a head start on the game (before release) I just finished this game last saturday. My new favorite Zelda game, and the best one yet imo. I enjoyed this game a lot, and hated not having the time to play it.

Something did confuse me though (heavy end game spoilers. Be warned):
So Zelda has to go to the past to seal Demise and falls in an age-long sleep in order to keep him sealed. She wakes up in the present, when Link wishes Demise away. But then Ghirahim takes her back to the past, to when Demise was still alive, with the intent to make her a sacrifice. So shouldn't there be two Zeldas? the one being killed outside and another one sleeping inside the temple to keep demise sealed? What happened to Zelda 2 when Demise did break the seal? Would be pointless to just keep sleeping. Where was she after Demise was defeated? Link, Zelda and Groose went to her sleeping place to put the Master Sword away too. Why wasn't she there?

Feel free to laugh at me if I'm missing something obvious here. lol

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Despite getting a head start on the game (before release) I just finished this game last saturday. My new favorite Zelda game, and the best one yet imo. I enjoyed this game a lot, and hated not having the time to play it.

Something did confuse me though (heavy end game spoilers. Be warned):
So Zelda has to go to the past to seal Demise and falls in an age-long sleep in order to keep him sealed. She wakes up in the present, when Link wishes Demise away. But then Ghirahim takes her back to the past, to when Demise was still alive, with the intent to make her a sacrifice. So shouldn't there be two Zeldas? the one being killed outside and another one sleeping inside the temple to keep demise sealed? What happened to Zelda 2 when Demise did break the seal? Would be pointless to just keep sleeping. Where was she after Demise was defeated? Link, Zelda and Groose went to her sleeping place to put the Master Sword away too. Why wasn't she there?

Feel free to laugh at me if I'm missing something obvious here. lol
No, you're not, Nintendo just doesn't like making complete and utter sense with the paradoxes time manipulation causes.

I could list an array of things that do not follow from the Temple of Time's 1000 years past and future interaction, but I already know the creators just aren't concerned with that. To them it is like being concerned with the fact that areas are somehow unrealistically formatted as puzzle-filled dungeons. (Not hating on the series, just pointing out they look the other way from such things for the sake of gameplay and convenience)>

Ecks

Smash Lord
Haha, OK then. It was really bugging me.

And as for Zelda sticking with motion controls, I'm fine with it. I'd rather not have them, but judging by SS, it'll yield good results.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well, consider the fact that no one, no one actually knows how time travel works—if it's possible at all. Accept the ending that Nintendo gives us as fact; it's how their time travel system played out. No need to further theorize an extra split timeline or something.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Well, consider the fact that no one, no one actually knows how time travel works—if it's possible at all. Accept the ending that Nintendo gives us as fact; it's how their time travel system played out. No need to further theorize an extra split timeline or something.
That's actually the first thing I thought. Well, actually the first thing I thought was that time doubles/clones could not exist in the Zelda universe, but that just made matters much worse.

So in conclusion, we'll never get it, they won't explain it, we can't prove it wrong, so we just have to deal it.

Edit: Just realized there's a spoiler thread. Sorry. Haven't been here in a while and I just automatically clicked this sticky.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm not going to expand on your response but I am curious to know what other Zelda games you have played and if you played them around the time when they came out. Just really curious.

Obviously not stoked about them keeping the new motion controls. Hopefully the next one will have real 1:1 sword motion if I even get a WiiU in which case I'll be eagerly awaiting a Classic Controller/ Tablet hack to play the game with traditional controllers. The hackers are almost done with a CC hack for SS so I can't wait for that :)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Mind linking us to the hacking sites? Googling "Skyward Sword hacks" (and other related searches) have yet to turn up much interest.

kupo15

Smash Hero
here you go. There are a ton of great codes that will improve the experience of the game without feeling like you are cheating. Things like disabling all the notifications like dowsing, low batt, low health and shield from fi, no stamina, collecting bugs for the first time notice, teleportation system while flying make the game so much more enjoyable. Enjoy :D

http://geckocodes.org/?c=SOUE01

Ecks

Smash Lord
Edit: Oh, theres the link. late post

And I've played pretty much all Zeldas except for ST, GCN Four swords, the NES ones and OoS. I admit I may be overrating the game by saying it's the best one yet, and to be honest ALTTP is my favorite Zelda. I still say this game is marvelous and my favorite of the 3d ones.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Thanks a lot mang! Posting these here for future use:

link clothes color selector [wiiztec]
C21DC044 00000002
3D808000 C06C1830
60000000 00000000
82200004 80001830
28599D0C 00000001
86900004 BD99999A
28599D0D 00000002
86900004 3D99999A
E2000001 00000000
84200004 80001830
E0000000 80008000
use right and left on dpad to adjust color

No Notification The First Time You Collect A Bug Or Treasure [brkirch]
042541C4 60000000

Disable Fi's Low Health Warning [brkirch]
0416C700 4800003C

Disable Fi's Low Shield Gauge Warning [brkirch]
0416C684 4800003C

Disable Fi's Low Battery Warning [brkirch]
0416C744 48000070

Text Speed Modifier (XXXX Times Normal Text Speed) [brkirch]
C2115A00 0000000A
48000009 00000001
7C6802A6 80830000
28040001 4081002C
3884FFFF 90830000
3C60800B 606324A0
7C6903A6 807F0720
38800000 38A00001
4E800421 4BFFFFC4
3880XXXX 90830000
807F0720 00000000

Clawshot Any Surface [Thomas83Lin]
0433BF20 38600001

Clawshot Shoots to almost any Distance [Thomas83Lin]
06577780 00000010
47870000 45336000
45336000 43FA0000
*Ported from James0x57*

I just want to texture hack this game! I've seen some rough texture hacks, nothing too impressive though. I am skeptical of this, but I heard that some hackers are discovering ways to build custom dungeons.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Edit: Oh, theres the link. late post

And I've played pretty much all Zeldas except for ST, GCN Four swords, the NES ones and OoS. I admit I may be overrating the game by saying it's the best one yet, and to be honest ALTTP is my favorite Zelda. I still say this game is marvelous and my favorite of the 3d ones.
Yea, not taking anything away from the 64 ones, I think that Lttp is the best one of the franchise as well
Thanks a lot mang! Posting these here for future use:
No problem. You forgot some though!

Disable Fi's Dowsing Reminder [Anarion]
00955DA0 00000000
(Do you really want to hear that ping sound the second after Fi tells you to use dowsing?)

A Button Text Speed Modifier (XXXX Times Text Speed) [brkirch]
C2115A40 0000000A
48000009 00000002
7C6802A6 80830000
28040001 40810020
3884FFFF 90830000
3C608011 60635A00
7C6903A6 7FE3FB78
4E800420 3880XXXX
90830000 3C608011
60635A50 7C6903A6
4E800420 00000000

The one you posted changes the default text speed, however some ppl like myself feel that the text speed while holding A is barely any faster. Just note that if you want to use either of these text codes, you need to change XXXX to a hex number. The default text speed is 0000

Game Breaking Bug Glitch Fix [Thomas83Lin]
00955D52 00000015
005A9AE2 00000015
*only use this if you get caught in the glitch

I'm assuming that this will prevent the bug from happened?? Maybe it fixes the game when the glitch happens though, not too sure on the specifics

If you need the PAL versions, there is a dropbox in the top right

kys

Smash Ace
I'm pretty stupid with all of this hacking and codes stuff. How do I input these on a normal Wii? Or do I have to play the game on Dolphin? Thanks in advance. This is awesome btw

theeboredone

Smash Legend

I'm not going to expand on your response but I am curious to know what other Zelda games you have played and if you played them around the time when they came out. Just really curious.

Obviously not stoked about them keeping the new motion controls. Hopefully the next one will have real 1:1 sword motion if I even get a WiiU in which case I'll be eagerly awaiting a Classic Controller/ Tablet hack to play the game with traditional controllers. The hackers are almost done with a CC hack for SS so I can't wait for that :)
I'm curious to see what they will do with the tablet if the wiimote+nunchuck are the main way to go.

etecoon

Smash Hero
don't mind them keeping the sword controls but I hope they don't shoehorn motion stuff in where it isn't necessary like flying/swimming again

that being said YESSS codes to fix fi and the text, I tried to start replaying the game the other day and couldn't stomach it by the time I hit faron woods, vanilla SS is much worse after the first playthrough

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm pretty stupid with all of this hacking and codes stuff. How do I input these on a normal Wii? Or do I have to play the game on Dolphin? Thanks in advance. This is awesome btw
You need the homebrew channel with a hacked wii. Although there might be a way to use the homebrew channel without hacking your wii. You could with brawl but I never bothered since mine was already hacked.

Try googling homebrew channel without hacked wii or something

don't mind them keeping the sword controls but I hope they don't shoehorn motion stuff in where it isn't necessary like flying/swimming again

that being said YESSS codes to fix fi and the text, I tried to start replaying the game the other day and couldn't stomach it by the time I hit faron woods, vanilla SS is much worse after the first playthrough
There is also a code that unlocks all areas, at least that is what I think it does. I'll probably give it a try the after I beat the game. The hope is to get a more OOT experience where I can go to those places but cant do anything because I don't have the proper stuff. Also, I would be able to do the 3 areas without going to the goddess shrine every time.

Also
Can skip cutscenes
0895FBE4 FFFFFFFF
20040004 00000000

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I find it hilarious Nintendo didn't attempt to patch this game breaking glitch, but some folks did it themselves.

Good stuff, Nintendo.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Nintendo can't patch the glitch. It's not possible with the Wii's hardware. The methods of patching the glitch that other people used require hacking the console, which Nintendo obviously isn't going to promote.

Ecks

Smash Lord
My rechargeable batteries are so annoying. They last at least 4+ hours but After playing for half an hour I get the damn low battery icon and Fi starts annoying me. And I really hate that Nintendo feels the need to remind me what an amber is, even though I have like 50 of them. I don't bother picking stuff up anymore.

Helpful codes.

I think that next Zelda won't be motion plus exclusive, rather it'll be optional, since they'll want to do something with the controller. I just hope they don't go the PH way.

Also, I think you can load Gecko OS via Brawl's custom stage exploit and then insert SS. I don't know if it'll work, but I see no reason why it wouldn't.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nintendo can't patch the glitch. It's not possible with the Wii's hardware. The methods of patching the glitch that other people used require hacking the console, which Nintendo obviously isn't going to promote.
I understand this.

It doesn't make it any less funny to me.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Update, the code isn't a patch and shouldn't be used as a preventative measure. If you get caught in the glitch, only then use the code. It is made to put you in a state that is before you talk to Golo for the second time.

Top Bottom