• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
i'd love to do hero mode, but i'm out of batteries and i strongly dislike motion control.
Except the motion controls in this game are sick! They're far from perfect, but they're still pretty good.
**** the harp

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I don't know, hero mode disappoints me. It has ng+ with your items carrying over, the master sword being a laser cannon, and double damage, but that's it. The whole game is the same...just kinda like meh :/

theeboredone

Smash Legend
How would it render it useless? You're still swinging form point A to point B to create a "direction."

And it's a moot point, since I thought MQ simply mirrored the world, when it actually changed the puzzles and dungeon layouts. Been too long.

Hero mode feels like a bit of a joke. The main difference is that I actually have to use healing items from time to time. Even then, the chairs are spread out enough that I could find one to sit on by the time I usually needed a chair.

Also, I am not really sure why it mattered so much to make sure that Link was left or right handed to fit the majority of people who used motion controls. Some people I know who are left handed play with the wiimote in the left hand and it does not bother them that Link is right-handed while they do controls inverted from others. They hardly even notice anything different.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, to be honest I got so many games going on idk if I'mma even do hero run. As a hardcore Zelda fan I want too, but it just doesn't interest me.

That being said, close to finishing the game, definitely the best Zelda yet. I was a little shaky on the controls, but they grew on me fast. They really need to take a page out of every game and make a difficulty setting instead of making you beat the game beat it again.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Hero mode feels like a bit of a joke. The main difference is that I actually have to use healing items from time to time. Even then, the chairs are spread out enough that I could find one to sit on by the time I usually needed a chair.

Also, I am not really sure why it mattered so much to make sure that Link was left or right handed to fit the majority of people who used motion controls. Some people I know who are left handed play with the wiimote in the left hand and it does not bother them that Link is right-handed while they do controls inverted from others. They hardly even notice anything different.
yea, handedness doesn't matter since the sword play isn't true 1:1. Since items are centered when you select them, aimed items shouldn't be a problem either.

And yea, MQ wasn't mirrored. They just changed the puzzles in the temples and removed like half of the enemies lol. MQ was more puzzle based, OOT was more combat/puzzle

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
hmmm... The double damage thing hardly matters in SS since you have Skyward Strike. the bosses would be tougher I imagine, but that hardly merits a whole extra playthrough. D:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
[COLLAPSE="Spoilers, I guess? Don't read this if you haven't gotten to the first temple LOL."]Lol...so I went back to Faron Woods, I think I was looking around for goddess cubes or something and I noticed that next to the forest temple, there's a little tablet that says.
"Look to the star that the bird rising heavenwards gazes upon, and aim your shot there"

I looked around for a bird rising heavenwards that gazes upon a star and the only bird I could find was the statue..the one that allows you to save and enter the sky and what not. At the time, the tiny drawing of a bird on the bottom of the statue was facing the sun. So I figured that it was a reference to OoT, and that I was supposed to shoot an arrow into the sun like in OoT (in OoT if you do this you get the Fire Arrows.) I tried, and nothing happened.

I tried multiple times, and nothing happened. Then later on I found out that you can climb on top of the forest temple (to some extent) so I tried that and shot from there, but still, nothing happened. I was just wasting arrows.

It kept me confused and slightly frustrated for quite a while until I finally decided to look it up on the internet (I wanted to finish the entire game on my own, without looking at any clues/walkthroughs online). There it told me that you're supposed to look at the bird on the door of the temple, it's looking upwards, you look up and hit that red crystal thingy and it opens up the forest temple for you.

I ****ing fail at life.[/COLLAPSE]

Orboknown

Smash Hero
[COLLAPSE="Spoilers, I guess? Don't read this if you haven't gotten to the first temple LOL."]Lol...so I went back to Faron Woods, I think I was looking around for goddess cubes or something and I noticed that next to the forest temple, there's a little tablet that says.
"Look to the star that the bird rising heavenwards gazes upon, and aim your shot there"

I looked around for a bird rising heavenwards that gazes upon a star and the only bird I could find was the statue..the one that allows you to save and enter the sky and what not. At the time, the tiny drawing of a bird on the bottom of the statue was facing the sun. So I figured that it was a reference to OoT, and that I was supposed to shoot an arrow into the sun like in OoT (in OoT if you do this you get the Fire Arrows.) I tried, and nothing happened.

I tried multiple times, and nothing happened. Then later on I found out that you can climb on top of the forest temple (to some extent) so I tried that and shot from there, but still, nothing happened. I was just wasting arrows.

It kept me confused and slightly frustrated for quite a while until I finally decided to look it up on the internet (I wanted to finish the entire game on my own, without looking at any clues/walkthroughs online). There it told me that you're supposed to look at the bird on the door of the temple, it's looking upwards, you look up and hit that red crystal thingy and it opens up the forest temple for you.

Theres a spoilers thread in the Stickied list on this forum

Spire

III
BRoomer

I never figured out what that statue meant. I too drew a connection to the fire arrows, but of course not. In fact, after completing every side quest I still ventured back to Faron Woods to discern this puzzle. Until literally right now, I had no idea what it meant.

A shame I figured it out oblivious to this plaque :mad:

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I'm having trouble picking this game back up.. stopped after I got the water dragon scale. Does it get better soon? I heard it has a slow start but jeeeeeeeez

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, gets much better. But get a bit accustomed to swimming already.

:phone:

kupo15

Smash Hero
isn't the song pieces like the last part of the game? I just beat Demise for the 2nd time and have a hard time picking it back up myself.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well...yeah it's more of the same old, same old...and you will get annoyed by the Water Dragon part....but eh....yeah if you're already having a hard time, I don't know what to say to keep you pressing on forward.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
I'm having trouble picking this game back up.. stopped after I got the water dragon scale. Does it get better soon? I heard it has a slow start but jeeeeeeeez
Take a break. I took a 1.5 month skyrim break for mostly the same reason. Oh unless you've already been breaking, then play some other games that have very little puzzles and dint worry about getting rusty at the game. There's a reason u start with 6 hearts and can ask fi for synopsis and re current goal.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I took a big break for Hero Mode as well, as I kept getting my *** kicked. Then, I learned not to be ******** about the Motion Plus controlls, and stop waggling like in TP through most of my fights. That was a guilty plessure of mine...

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I personally liked the 4th temple, which is where I'm guessing you are. The stuff leading up to the 5th temple is cool, the 6th temple sucks however after the 6th temple I was blown away straight to the end, save for a couple trips to
the sealed grounds.

Melty Venus

Smash Cadet
I'm playing Skyward Sword right now and I really like it! I just got to Lanayru.

The first Ghirahim battle was extremely frustrating at first, haha.

Fluid_Drip

Smash Cadet
I got a wii for brawl but thinking of getting skyward sword. Is it worth it? Ive heard mixed feelings about it but I havent played it myself.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I got a wii for brawl but thinking of getting skyward sword. Is it worth it? Ive heard mixed feelings about it but I havent played it myself.
Most of it's flaws are easily forgiven on the first playthrough, but make it a very difficult game to replay. Worth playing once for sure but probably not worth $50 IMO. If it weren't the most recent console Zelda I'd even say hold out for the HD remake that may fix some of it's glaring issues, but that's probably not happening for a long time

Top Bottom