• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Murdok

Smash Cadet
Mrudok pleeeeeeease let there be Brawl. I will run it if need be. We can meet up and talk it over lunch or something but please let there be Brawl! Also you should make a smashboards tournament link so we can put it on here
I was referring to the Shreveport Melee tourney this weekend...whenever we get our west Monroe tourney (venue we had fell through) we will Definately have brawl.

D

Deleted member

okay im a huge liar. i cant do the shrimp 003 nov 23. didnt realize it was an lsu home game and i cant get off work. i know its a little short notice but can anyone make it on novemeber 16?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
sup fagtz. I'll be in Houma from the 2nd to 6th. Not enough time to see everyone, but a Dibbz visit might be possible. I haven't done any smashing (outside 64), but it'd be nice to see people and have a few games/drinks.
Hows the scene these days?

Edit: + fagtz

Curlz

Smash Lord
Is there another tournament this weekend aside from the Shreveport one? If not, would anyone wanna meet up for friendlies? I need to get my grind on for Apex.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I too will be hosting an event on the 16th. I booked the Open World Game Cafe for my new set of monthlies. I'll be making the thread and stuff soon.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I too will be hosting an event on the 16th. I booked the Open World Game Cafe for my new set of monthlies. I'll be making the thread and stuff soon.
Add me on 3ds. Just had a tight match with xkcp. Clutch bulky pokemon at the end won it for me

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to get a toxic on you so bad! If that had happened and you hadn't switched klefki out against charizard (lol, my charizard is special attack EV so flamethrower is uber good with him) I probably would have had you. It was pretty great. I still need scyther to be a scizor too. It proved to me how awesome tyranitar is.

EDIT: If you play Melee, go to Taylor's streaming party thingy this weekend.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I wanted to get a toxic on you so bad! If that had happened and you hadn't switched klefki out against charizard (lol, my charizard is special attack EV so flamethrower is uber good with him) I probably would have had you. It was pretty great. I still need scyther to be a scizor too. It proved to me how awesome tyranitar is.

EDIT: If you play Melee, go to Taylor's streaming party thingy this weekend.
Tyranitar is already broken, I see no reason why there was a need for Mega Tyranitar. XD

Are there even any hard counters for him? Maybe something Fairy typed?

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
My guess is that Azumarill would do well against Tyranitar. I have my Azumarill left over from main game but he isn't reconditioned with EVs yet so I didn't use him against you. He's a bulky physical and has double type advantage now so he would probably have been useful.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
My guess is that Azumarill would do well against Tyranitar. I have my Azumarill left over from main game but he isn't reconditioned with EVs yet so I didn't use him against you. He's a bulky physical and has double type advantage now so he would probably have been useful.
I wasn't the one who battled you, I wasn't there. I was just really curious because Tyranitar has always been a Pokemon that wrecked me. Thanks for the tip, Azumarill is definitely a good counter now due to Fairy :)

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Oh, sorry about that. It was RuslinJimmies. I'm being lazy.

EDIT: I think I will team up with Wiggins if I go to Game Clash tomorrow. I'm bored, so it's likely.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
NO BRM THIS WEEKEND

Sorry for the last minute cancellation but I nor my brother got around to posting a thread. I've almost forgot entirely about smash due to my two jobs as of late. Thank god I'm training and playing again these days. We'll be working on reformating the circuit with the new events going on. Looking forward to seeing you guys next month and make sure to make it out to Taylor's event for a grand time this weekend.

http://smashboards.com/threads/streaming-melee-for-charity-nov-2-6-00-pm-from-baton-rouge-la.341902/

sup ***tz. I'll be in Houma from the 2nd to 6th. Not enough time to see everyone, but a Dibbz visit might be possible. I haven't done any smashing (outside 64), but it'd be nice to see people and have a few games/drinks.
Hows the scene these days?
We should definitely play some n64 at johnny's then. He's an NO player who lives right next to Dibbz. That is if your both up for it.

-Erick

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Tyranitar is already broken, I see no reason why there was a need for Mega Tyranitar. XD

Are there even any hard counters for him? Maybe something Fairy typed?
I don't use megas that often. Especially not megattar. I want mine specially bulky to live certain things and ko back. What I want my final initial team to be is tyranitar, skarmory, quagsire, dugtrio, rotom, and klefki/noivern

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Ahh, I see. :0 I didn't think you used Mega Tyranitar, I just meant that I don't see why they felt he needed a mega in the first place XD

Noivern is awesome though. Skarmory too

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Southern Game Clash Results for Melee (9 or 10 man bracket):
1. XKCP
2. DrinkingFood
3. Wiggins
4. Murdok
I don't know the rest

Shoutouts to:
DrinkingFood - those were some good sets. I wish I had brought recording stuff for the later matches of the tournament. Being lazy is awful. If I hadn't played Jiggly, you would have won.
Wiggins - Seriously. 3rd? Scrub, plz. We didn't get to team up and that was sad. I think we would have had a lock on 1st in Dubz tho.
Murdok - thanks for coming out to this. It was great meeting you and hopefully we can play some more in the future.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
rest is the stupidest move
Southern clash was fun tho, you guys need to have stuff like that up there more often, and I'll be there
and bring ur recording stuff next time lol, I've never gotten to watch my own gameplay and I think it'd be good to rewatch these sets that I'm losing

btw how many people do you have in shreveport that would car pool with us down to BR for events and stuff? that shrimp 003 thing is on the 16th, I'll go if enough people will split gas with us lol
you could even spend the night here if you want to make the drive easier overall on you guys

and mr. murdok, and nathan if you ever see this
show up again, the more the merrier

We are definitely going to need to play more project:m also
A game of project:m a day keeps the brawlimars away

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Tha Shrimp 003 would probably only be Wiggins and I unless somebody from Monroe/Ruston was interested. It's not too bad that would we need to sleep over, but thanks anyways. It would mainly help to split the gas cost. Also, if you can make it down there, Taylor would be willing to help you out I'm sure. He offered me to stay at his place if I needed to do so last time; I just couldn't make it out there.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
I live in pineville but it's out of the way and my friends down here are waayyyy too casual to go. I could provide gas to Shreveport people if they are heading straight down 49 (I would win it back in money matches) lol i consider muskeg good in all 4 games

D

Deleted member

Shrimp 003 is indeed on the 16th. Starts at noon. Anyone from outside of Baton Rouge is welcome to stay the night. I'm making the thread and fb event when I get home.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'll be at The Shrimp 003. I wanted to come last night but like I said before I was at my mom's. I think IceMann wanted to come cause he txt'd me asking for your address but I had no idea what it was lol.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I still live with my grandparents right now and they make the rules. They have been giving me more freedom recently but going to a tourney held in a guy's house I don't know (even if I tell them you're Sudai's friend) would probably be a bit much. Their house, their rules, and I can't pay rent elsewhere so... yeah.

D

Deleted member

its nice of you not to lie.

every time i try to put the stream url for our LA melee twitch account in the "stream url" spot of a post, it says "couldn't find channel" and doesnt work. anyone know?

Top Bottom