• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Curlz

Smash Lord
All they have is the collector's addition which is $70. I don't have enough for it. I'll stop by tomorrow if I don't go to the tournament. I could go to walmart but I don't get a discount. :-/

Arcadia, do you play Halo? xD

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Oh how this place has changed.

Curlz, you be you man, just act like normal. No one here gives a flying fhuck if you try to make people like you.

Lee I would go but im stressed for money right now, it sucks cause I really wanyted to go to that for melee
I think i would have placed in the top 80 percent ohh well. It's not like it's going to be the last.

Or will it.

10ijustlostthegames.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
All that's out is the collector's edition. The standard edition comes out at the end of the month, which will be the same price. I suggest you get one while it's still $60.

FPS? LAWL!!!!

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
All they have is the collector's addition which is $70. I don't have enough for it. I'll stop by tomorrow if I don't go to the tournament. I could go to walmart but I don't get a discount. :-/

Arcadia, do you play Halo? xD
play quakeworld.

It's the best fps ever made.

But you have to know how to scrip/code a little bit. or else you're ****ed. So never mind :p

Curlz

Smash Lord
All that's out is the collector's edition. The standard edition comes out at the end of the month, which will be the same price. I suggest you get one while it's still $60.

FPS? LAWL!!!!
I'll go tomorrow when Gamestop opens. A $60 game for 15% off is $51 right? I'm not good at finding percents.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Lee, Alex and I are 100% going to SNES. We already have plane tickets and hotel. If it's just you coming, let me know, and we might be able to work out sharing a room. We only have it for Friday and Saturday night and we're already sharing it with Reflex and kismet(?), so I can't say anything for sure. Also, I'm looking for a teammate for this: would you be interested? If not, let me know, so I can find someone.

Justin, I'd be glad to give you advice on whatever. After you understand how to seed and stuff, the hardest part is getting people to play their matches and not friendlies.

I'm pretty late, but I'll have something more definite about next week's tourney later tonight.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Randall, do you think you could help me get in touch with the people at MechaCon for the Smash Bros tournament. I want to actually have a good turnout with rules other than FFA and top 2 advance. You're really good at running tournament so I was wondering if you'd be interested in running the MechaCon tourny?

Curlz

Smash Lord
Arcadia, JNig, Batto - Are you guys staying with me for MechaCon? I need to clear it up with my brother.

Anyone else?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Curlz, I'm passing on Mechacon all together. I have no idea who runs the tournament, but it was pretty horrible last year. Smash is pretty much the only thing I'm interested in over there (and maybe the dealer's room), so it's not really worth it for me to go.

If I knew who to talk to, then I'd gladly get you in touch with them. Try sending an email or something to one of the con organizers explaining that you want to talk to whoever is in charge of the game room. Once you get that info, then you can say you're interested in helping with the smash tournament. If they only have 3 hours to do the tournament, then you'll have to do FFAs or something like that. Sorry I can't be any more help on that.

Also, there's a new thread in the Atlantic South area for the Baton Rouge tournaments. Help me keep it active! A link is in my sig.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
No, I'm not going to that. Sunday evening tournaments don't agree with work, especially when they're an hour away. Maybe next time if it starts earlier in the day.

CJ the Illest

Smash Cadet
my friend is interested in selling his basically brand new 360.. willing to make a deal. interested, lemmie kno. comes with wireless wifi. and few games that im uncertain about.

cycleagle

Smash Rookie
**** all you noobs whous whatching this ufc ****????

out of contorll sorry im extramly far gone!!!!!!! love!!!!
lol Henderson, GSP, and Lesnar won. It was a good PPV for the ones I wanted to win.

I probably won't go to the Laffy monthly. I'm just not up for paying 10 to get my *** handed to me this time around.

cycleagle

Smash Rookie
More Lafayette people need to know about this somehow. We had 15 people for Singles and at least half were from out of Lafayette. Will Jeff allow you to make an ad and put it up in the window?

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
lol Henderson, GSP, and Lesnar won. It was a good PPV for the ones I wanted to win.

I probably won't go to the Laffy monthly. I'm just not up for paying 10 to get my *** handed to me this time around.
Wtf. Great job spoiling it for me Flounder. **** you man. <3 I'm over it already. How'd they win? Eh?

RickyB

Smash Cadet
the big guy with a tattoo of a sword on his chest punch the **** out of the guy with curly hair till he passed out. i'm not into ufc at all but it was still pretty cool.

Curlz

Smash Lord
More Lafayette people need to know about this somehow. We had 15 people for Singles and at least half were from out of Lafayette. Will Jeff allow you to make an ad and put it up in the window?
I'm gonna make a bunch of fliers and place them at places such as Gamestop and Tilt Arcade. I was supposed to do that for the last one but my printer wasn't working properly. For the last tournament they made a flier but didn't advertise with it. The only thing they had was the slideshow on the store's moniter (which is how that young Olimar player found out about it).

This one should have a better turnout.

Henderson's knockout was my fave.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Lee, Alex and I are 100% going to SNES. We already have plane tickets and hotel. If it's just you coming, let me know, and we might be able to work out sharing a room. We only have it for Friday and Saturday night and we're already sharing it with Reflex and kismet(?), so I can't say anything for sure. Also, I'm looking for a teammate for this: would you be interested? If not, let me know, so I can find someone.

Justin, I'd be glad to give you advice on whatever. After you understand how to seed and stuff, the hardest part is getting people to play their matches and not friendlies.

I'm pretty late, but I'll have something more definite about next week's tourney later tonight.
Oh cool, I think i have a room with Rogue Pit and i'm probably teaming with ANTI. Thanks though, Randall. :)

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
my friend is interested in selling his basically brand new 360.. willing to make a deal. interested, lemmie kno. comes with wireless wifi. and few games that im uncertain about.
If Arcadia doesn't want to buy the 360, then I might be interested in the hard drive. I bought a used 360 a while back, but I don't have the external hard drive. It's already full and stuff, haha.

Oh cool, I think i have a room with Rogue Pit and i'm probably teaming with ANTI. Thanks though, Randall. :)
That's cool. I'm glad to see someone else from La. going to this, because the whole thing looks like it'll be pretty awesome.

Winnar

Smash Lord
So Arcadia and I are the only two people in LA who has BB? wat

Also I can't go to the rocket's hideout tournament :( I'm going on vacation starting that day yay :D

CJ the Illest

Smash Cadet
He jus told me he wants to sell it. Lol. How much can you buy a used 360 at Gamestop? Cause he would sell it cheaper, cause it would be a deal fo both partys.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I just went go buy my copy of BlazBlue. After the discount kicked in it was $55.83. I only had $55. Thank god my friends work there to give me a dollar or I would have to go look through my sofa for loose change. >.<

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I just went go buy my copy of BlazBlue. After the discount kicked in it was $55.83. I only had $55. Thank god my friends work there to give me a dollar or I would have to go look through my sofa for loose change. >.<
I'm gonna get my copy for $15. Yay hacked xbox.

-Ran

Smash Master
Some people look for loose change when they need money, Curlz's parents are so rich he looks for loose diamonds.

Top Bottom