• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Starter Guide and Minor Database

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
At what point do we become not CGable? Like what % (it can't be that high, can it)? It might be good to just let ourselves get hit with lasers until that %.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Lol, thats not the point. It was asked if we can get chainned grabbed, it was answered. Although still winnable, it should be known.
it ws in response to Aurasmash saying we lost an advantage match-up

I don't even think a CG matters much in that MU anyway.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's not as bad as in other MUs though.

and yes, x3 is the amount. It's not exactly true that "we don't get CG'd", but it's far less than most, plus it's not to the point where you Falco can reliably end offstage dairing you (even though that too is avoidable). It's semantics I guess, the point is, the CG is meh. We've been able to be CG'd by falco at least twice since the discovery of the CG itself, so I guess in the literal sense, we do get CG'd.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yet another cool idea to get this thread more attention.

"Wise words" section

featuring all the win posts made by several of how to up your game, the "pep talks", the "wake up calls" as long as they aren't too extreme, it'll be something people can look to I guess as an alternative resource when factual stuff sometimes isn't enough.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
We totally need a pic of Lucario standing on the icicle peak in that meditative pose to lead off that section.

I'm also trying to give a pep talk in the GD, but ;_;

iRJi, when you get a chance could you please add a link to the Aura priority thread (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=250225) in the OP? As it can be particularly useful in some match-ups.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yargh, zombie (necro) post, but would it be possible to update the guide with hitbubbles?

At the very least, a lot of the links in the first post need severe updates...

iRJi

Smash Champion
If you guys want, just have someone compile all the links into one post exactly how they want it to show in the front page, and i will just swap them. I don't look on here enough, so i miss a lot of stuff now.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
List of Lucario's reliable/semi reliable options out of a Short hop:
fair -> dair
fair -> nair
fair -> uair
fair -> fair (bad on landing except when maybe juggling snake lol)
fair -> primed FP (works best when fair is delayed a little for timing purposes)
fair -> AD
uair -> primed FP
uair -> AD
uair -> nair
uair -> dair (great for frame traps)
AD -> nair (have to buffer the AD, nice little surprise zoner like a weaker version of TL zair for higher percents)
AD -> primed FP
AD -> dair
dair -> anything but bair
fair -> B-reversed AS
uair -> slight B-reverse AS

anything else is unable to be performed while landing or is garbage lol

Just a list I thought I'd make since some of these are less frequent but are still useful, and I'm a firm believer in knowing your options, maybe add this to the guide?

edit: actually I don't think I even tested dair -> bair, might be a cool mixup.

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
(There's a warning about bumping, but I hope that doesn't matter since this is a sticky anyway?)

Quick question (sorry if this has been mentioned here, but I haven't seen it) on the Reverse Aura Sphere. Your description says to flick the control stick then hit B for the Sphere, but the video that you linked to says to do those in the opposite order. Which is correct? I think the one in the video is the one that works.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
then go with that one. I find my self flcking the analog stick first. It really doesn't matter as long as you are executing it correctly Good luck

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
(There's a warning about bumping, but I hope that doesn't matter since this is a sticky anyway?)

Quick question (sorry if this has been mentioned here, but I haven't seen it) on the Reverse Aura Sphere. Your description says to flick the control stick then hit B for the Sphere, but the video that you linked to says to do those in the opposite order. Which is correct? I think the one in the video is the one that works.
Depends what you mean by reverse AS, do you mean turn-around AS where you only reverse your direction, or wave-bounced/b-reverse AS where it reverses direction and your movement/momentum.

LucarioPuppy

Smash Rookie
*The younger Lucario slowly peaks around a corner and blinks a few times.* "Hewwo..? I'ma new Lucario player and I was wondewin'.. Is dah Lucario community fwiendly?" *asks innocently* *The younger Lucario's father shows up behind her and wraps a protective paw around the smaller one*

('scuse the intro.. Just wanted to act cute =^.^= )

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
That cute intro got me wondering about something I've never been able to understand.

Do baby pokemon all start out as their first possible evolution and then evolve with age, or are some pokemon born as the later evolution and just become older versions of that pokemon (e.g. "lucario puppy")

????

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Nahhh.
They all start at there lowest form when born.

Although they don't have to evolve, so theoretically you can have a Riolu thats way older then a fully evolved Lucario.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
See pikachu, snorlax, and roselia. They are all evolved pokemon that can be bred into an evolved form. I.e. pikachu with light ball brreds to pichu etc.

:phone:

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
phi1ny3 says AD in his list of lucario short hops and I was wondering, what does AD stand for? it doesn't say in the **Abbreviations You Must Know** section of the guide

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Thanks man but I ended up figuring that out for myself a long time ago. Still, keep that there for anyone new that doesn't know what it means.

Top Bottom