• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Video and Critique Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll troll you in the ditto matchup...all day.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Should have vids of Trela up from Hobo 29 soon and throughout the week. I didn't get any vids of myself, but it doesn't matter.

Expect some up later tonight.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
The one v. Shlike's pretty good too

it's friendlies though lol.

v. Illu was lol first stock, and the ragequit was just funny

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hmm, I guess I'll add that one. It was actually the first match I recorded during the day and I warned Trela if he messed up, I would have it recorded.

At least he doesn't disappoint. ;)

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Trela needs to teach me that Wavebounced Aurasphere charge out of fair

the one without turning around.

also ill wouldn't have gotten bomb-omb gayed if he had that port 4.

GOOD **** ON GETTING THAT PORT 4 TRELA TREY

GET ON AIM PLZ

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
What you do is flick forward + jump, flick backward quickly so that it doesn't cause you to deccelerate or go backwards, then hit B quickly then flick the stick forward after. I can't really do it unless I SH w/o doing any aerial or if it's a fair, I have to FH it lol.

culexus・wau

game1
played 2 passive 1st stock

stop upsmashing you dont know how to use it properly.

cut that falling bair **** out, you never landed it once.

game2
you always get rid of the gyro early, throw it in the air so it can't respawn.

charge upsmash while he's on the ledge... really?

let him recover for free at 1:55

I can finally see that its more that Bees is just impatient then you being too passive @_@

you retreat too much, especially in places you can get free hits or shift the momentum in your favor.

3:50 he baits you but ****s up, CO too good.

good **** at 4:10

downB to momentum cancel... why?

you should wait on the ledge more, you died last stock because you just dropped off immeadiately and bees chased you off and put you into a baaaaaaad position.

Bees is funner to watch then you imo

game 3

hahaha he outstalled your dair stall with upB.

assuming you had no jump.. I would have just upB'd past him in that spot and DI'd towards the stage.

hurrdurr charge fsmash

you never once try to instant throw the top... why :<

stop using upsmash afajifjife

3:50 was tight.

wtf

was 4:30

jump charge as airdodge as he grabs the ledge die.

dont do that ****, you could have at least tried to shoot the damn thing.

not watching game 4

get me vids of you losing to better characters plox

Steam

Smash Hero
I only wanted game 1 because the rest of them were really lamez like lol momentum cancel with DowB. It was just a Friendly and wondered if it could bucket brake.

but thanks flame :3

and flamey, I did shoot the Aurasphere at 4:30 in game 3 :<

So I should be more agressive? (in that MU)

culexus・wau

not really.

just be more aggressive when he gives your opportunities to be pressure him [ie he camps in the side of the stage]

culexus・wau

The object of pressure is to get them afraid of getting hit.

Fear is what makes pressure works.

Lucario has passive pressure via aura.

its what makes him work.

once you get them shielding or spotdodging they'll either try to counterpoke or do another defensive option.

if you smell counterpoke just meaty it with our disjoints, if its another defensive option well... continue pressure.

just charging aurasphere like out of their jab/grab range is amazing pressure.

you can cancel it into any aerial, fire, shield cancel it into ground moves, or even grab

its sooo good

I feel like Aura is the Engine of lucario pressure game and Aurasphere is the gears that makes it shift

culexus・wau

so I can break your spirit

and make you win all the CO tournament so when I go down there I can get 1st for free

Steam

Smash Hero
not the best at critiquing but I'll give the obvious.

WAAAAAAAY too much Fsmash. you're like asking wario to jump over it and punish you for it. Ftilt is infinitely safer and still outspaces wario's stuff. Frame wise Lucario does get an Fsmash on wario if he Fsmashes our shield. But since you didn't Fsmash fast enough I'd recomend punishing with Ftilt or dash grab or maybe even dash attack. though just in general you Fsmashed at everything. Fsmashed should really only be used to outspace spacing moves (like MK Ftilt) and as a killer. But against wario Fsmash is rather bad.

Just a matchup tidbit, if Wario is using his bike low you can get a free footstool when he jumps off the bike for basically a free gimp unless he has a waft to use.

You need to be spacing fairs more/better. It seemed to me you were approaching wario with the lead. Also you need to mix up SH approaches more. I saw too much Fair> Dair on shield. in general there's a lot of Fair>Dair>Nair. Very linear from what I see... be more creative with your stuff.

I swear there were so many times he should have wafted you....

you landed with fair a few times... don't

Why is Jab>Jab> FP working? >.>

you actually landed with Fair a lot. there's basically no reason to ever land with Fair. Use nair instead.

2nd match, your first kill you basically got very lucky. prime example of how you can (and should have been) punished for Fsmash. that waft would have killed too... It was the strongest waft you can get lmao.

FFS stop using so much double Fair. *rage*

In general... you were both playing way too agressive. Especially you being in the lead against Wario and approaching... and spacing poorly while doing so....

everything I didn't say was bad was prolly okay.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman

WAAAAAAAY too much Fsmash. you're like asking wario to jump over it and punish you for it. Ftilt is infinitely safer and still outspaces wario's stuff. Frame wise Lucario does get an Fsmash on wario if he Fsmashes our shield. But since you didn't Fsmash fast enough I'd recomend punishing with Ftilt or dash grab or maybe even dash attack. though just in general you Fsmashed at everything. Fsmashed should really only be used to outspace spacing moves (like MK Ftilt) and as a killer. But against wario Fsmash is rather bad.

Just a matchup tidbit, if Wario is using his bike low you can get a free footstool when he jumps off the bike for basically a free gimp unless he has a waft to use.

You need to be spacing fairs more/better. It seemed to me you were approaching wario with the lead. Also you need to mix up SH approaches more. I saw too much Fair> Dair on shield. in general there's a lot of Fair>Dair>Nair. Very linear from what I see... be more creative with your stuff.

you actually landed with Fair a lot. there's basically no reason to ever land with Fair. Use nair instead.

2nd match, your first kill you basically got very lucky. prime example of how you can (and should have been) punished for Fsmash. that waft would have killed too... It was the strongest waft you can get lmao.

In general... you were both playing way too agressive. Especially you being in the lead against Wario and approaching... and spacing poorly while doing so....

The match was for my lunch. I was hungry and I convinced a scrub to play me. We happened to have a capture card and I played. Didn't need to try to hard to win. Figured I put the vid up for everyone to see.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
The match was for my lunch. I was hungry and I convinced a scrub to play me. We happened to have a capture card and I played. Didn't need to try to hard to win. Figured I put the vid up for everyone to see.

Come to think of it, I have never played a wario or even looked at the mu, I should have tried grab release options. And is grab release to FAS guaranteed? And I think grab release to fair and maybe studderstep upsmash. What are all of them?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah we don't have guaranteed air release unless the wario pressed jump inputs to mash, or if his feet are dangling over (like on a ledge or slope).

This is actually pretty sound advice, I can safely say that especially fsmashing against Wario is a bad thing to do unless they're very limited in options (like when he's on the edge). Against Wario it's lots of aerials for walling and utilt w/ shield mixed in a little.

Top Bottom