• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Luigisama

Smash Champion
sama if your first fsmash misses do it again
lol yeah. But I tend to miss it a lot.

Edit
so I just noticed some Luigis are using certain colors. From what I know
Green luigi(no one)
Pink Luigi(Zhao)
Blue luigi(no one)
Fire luigi(Thunderstrom, Hype%)
Orange luigi (Yoshq)
Purple Luigi(Koro, Crodd)
I think it's cool

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
P3 you are bad. Just go back to CF. You could have had a name for yourself.

CRODD

Smash Apprentice
Big lou and player 3 luigi dittio mm 1$? Ill mm anyone else too at whobo(until i run out lol).

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
I was just trying to figure out how to do tornado of souls out of side B. Do I need to buffer the command or is it a certain timing? Also, is there any other rising form besides that and the apex of the second jump? Thanks.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I was just trying to figure out how to do tornado of souls out of side B. Do I need to buffer the command or is it a certain timing? Also, is there any other rising form besides that and the apex of the second jump? Thanks.
I think it is a certain timing.

rising? as in rising back onto the stage?

BSP

Smash Legend
I've never heard "tornado of souls" before. Is that another name for Luigi's down B?

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
I think it is a certain timing.

rising? as in rising back onto the stage?
Yeah, I've always seen it as a recovery technique. They would use Side B then tornado up without the jump. around :38 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1OQOvS-syU

Also, I've seen a different version of it when all the guy was doing was BAir at 1:37 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptdf8lTY2ko&feature=related

I've never heard "tornado of souls" before. Is that another name for Luigi's down B?
Yeah, funny enough that's what I always heard it called; I forget where though.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Yup. Spamming it is a ridiculously effective strategy I am known for using.

BSP

Smash Legend
MK is going to wreck your recovery no matter what imo

Your best bet is this, it's what Boss did vs. M2K a while back

When you're hit, momentum cancel, then start charging missile. When you're a little bit below the ledge, release, then use jumpless rising nado to make it closer to the ledge. Then, recover.

Hope that MK doesn't wreck you during this entire process.

Any missile above the ledge is asking to get shuttle-looped.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
the same three recoverys work, but depends on the situation.
on smashville recovery low with side b and jump to up b because Luigi can up b low and still grab the ledge on smashville.

Recovery really high like cyclone for your life. Jump to cyclone or cyclone to jump side b and be smart about how you land by using smart airdodges or landing with cyclone.

just side b to the ledge. Some mks who try to reverse shuttle loop to get a "nairo loop" will miss the ledge because you grabbed it before they did.

edit

you could also be fancy or idk what it would be called. Cyclone fireball twice to force mk to release the ledge and do what you please from there. If the fireball hits go for a upair or fair and it might stage spike mk or just get back on the stage.

BSP

Smash Legend
The only problem with Side B'ing to the ledge is that if the MK sees you sitting back and waiting to be level with the ledge, he can grab it and invincible nair you after.

What exactly does B reversing our Nado do? And how exactly do you do it? I feel like I know what people are talking about it when they say it, but I'm not sure.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
The only problem with Side B'ing to the ledge is that if the MK sees you sitting back and waiting to be level with the ledge, he can grab it and invincible nair you after.

What exactly does B reversing our Nado do? And how exactly do you do it? I feel like I know what people are talking about it when they say it, but I'm not sure.
I'm not quiet sure myself either. Maybe the back of cyclone has some more priority or range?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion

Is it what I do here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvtqeVPYeXE#t=1m35s

I think it's just because it comes out fairly fast on the ground so it's harder to react to.

And idk how to feel about my sktar pool :/

And if you respond about my pool don't post names from it for people to search lol xD

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Is it what I do here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvtqeVPYeXE#t=1m35s

I think it's just because it comes out fairly fast on the ground so it's harder to react to.

And idk how to feel about my sktar pool :/

And if you respond about my pool don't post names from it for people to search lol xD
well they could just namesearch your name and find out who you use. Also they could youtube search you're name tag as well.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
lol so I go into the sktar stream chat. This guy Iamlegend says does someone want to wifi? I felt like playing with him and so we play. I don't really care since it's wifi so I start going mario, samus and other characters. Just having fun, but this guy is going so hard. And he really wants to win like he picks wolf and starts camping with laser. his signature move laser on shield to fsmash like really? lol so at this point I think that he thinks I'm bad so every now and then I beat him with Luigi to show him "this is what happens when I use my main".

Then eventually I beat him with bowser v.s ZSS and then he got really mad and went mk. I go luigi, lost on halberd, but then next match I think I 3 stocked him or jv 3 stocked him on Delfino and saved the replay.

Then I go my pocket yoshi and 2 stock his mk. Then for the last two games since I figure he's just mad I try to time him out with Yoshi against his wolf, but I died before I could and then we go FD time him out with Luigi against his wolf. Then I just d/c since I didn't want to play with him anymore if he's going to mad like that. lol I'll be uploading the replay soon where I beat his mk.

Wifi players. XD

Top Bottom