• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

BSP

Smash Legend
Wario or just get better with GW.
Wario.

Wario is so bad though.

Olimar, or stay Luigi.
No, not stay Luigi. It's so obvious that Luigi holds Boss back, and I hate to see it happen because Boss is such a good player. He could easily hang with top level.

Wario is not bad, especially for someone who's so read oriented like Boss. Waft is so broken.

Player-3

Smash Hero
when i place top 8 at whobo 4 im going to make you eat those words about luigi holding people back bsp

yoshq

Smash Master
lol so I go into the sktar stream chat. This guy Iamlegend says does someone want to wifi? I felt like playing with him and so we play. I don't really care since it's wifi so I start going mario, samus and other characters. Just having fun, but this guy is going so hard. And he really wants to win like he picks wolf and starts camping with laser. his signature move laser on shield to fsmash like really? lol so at this point I think that he thinks I'm bad so every now and then I beat him with Luigi to show him "this is what happens when I use my main".

Then eventually I beat him with bowser v.s ZSS and then he got really mad and went mk. I go luigi, lost on halberd, but then next match I think I 3 stocked him or jv 3 stocked him on Delfino and saved the replay.

Then I go my pocket yoshi and 2 stock his mk. Then for the last two games since I figure he's just mad I try to time him out with Yoshi against his wolf, but I died before I could and then we go FD time him out with Luigi against his wolf. Then I just d/c since I didn't want to play with him anymore if he's going to mad like that. lol I'll be uploading the replay soon where I beat his mk.

Wifi players. XD
ahahahaha. Nice. I played that guy a long time ago, he mained ganon then.

In other news I'm going all or mostly MK next tournament. I, too, feel like Luigi is holding me back.

BSP

Smash Legend
when i place top 8 at whobo 4 im going to make you eat those words about luigi holding people back bsp
I would give you props, but remember that luigis hardest MU by far is banned at whobo, so it won't change my opinion much

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
And he still placed outside the money :/

We need consistency before getting hopes up.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
And he still placed outside the money :/

We need consistency before getting hopes up.

yeah true not to mention for w/e reason WC players/ Tyrant doesn't know a lot about low tiers and mid tiers which is apparently why he lost to mekos.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I would give you props, but remember that luigis hardest MU by far is banned at whobo, so it won't change my opinion much

mk isnt by far worse than marf

oh yeah and lounis said he's going to bring back luigi at whobo 4

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Didn't make it out of pools. The worst part about it was the fact that I didn't go Luigi at all and didn't feel confident using him for the tourney, knowing I'd be playing a sonic r1 and then later finding out I'd probably be playing a mk in losers :[

I'm feeling more motivated now though. I just need to get the practice I need with Luigi and get better in general.

Also watching Boss hardcore sandbag people with Luigi is very entertaining xD

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Didn't make it out of pools. The worst part about it was the fact that I didn't go Luigi at all and didn't feel confident using him for the tourney, knowing I'd be playing a sonic r1 and then later finding out I'd probably be playing a mk in losers :[

I'm feeling more motivated now though. I just need to get the practice I need with Luigi and get better in general.

more like sandbag using Gw. Imo anti and boss didn't start playing good until boss switched.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
^ it's too late there is only 6 solo luigis left and they be young in the teachings of luigi.

@bsp is falco your answer?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
more like sandbag using Gw. Imo anti and boss didn't start playing good until boss switched.
No like, I'd be watching him play friendlies at sktar and he'd turn to me during the games telling me how he's sandbagging the guy and stuff xD

Finished watching that set you linked to Boss. I remember watching parts of that at the venue because I noticed you started using Luigi lol

BSP

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nngC8B_boZc

had to unleash beast mode on WC....didn't want to do it =/
It was so hype when you did though. Props.

Secondary.....

Guys stop giving up on Luigi :(

Go away.

^ it's too late there is only 6 solo luigis left and they be young in the teachings of luigi.

@bsp is falco your answer?
Yes, but I am pretty fickle lol. So yes, for now

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I could see Thunder using Lucario.
I thought about this to, but idk if Thunder will be able to cope with having an up b that doesn't hit.

Regardless do what you want stay sheik or w/e character. Ask Dcold for shiek stuff since he lives closet to you.

Edit: this is definitely old, but I've been experimenting with the ledge and edge guarding against mk. I know we usually don't try to edgeguard, but for a character so light he dies quicky from a dair to stage spike. Not sure when, but I'll complie some info on the invicible frames on luigi as he is on the ledge and possibly some good recovery options against mk. Also some tips on dealing with basic mk things that hinder luigi like dtlit.

edit2: I'll also make sure to test this on good mks. To show that it works.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I can probably deal with an up b that doesn't hit as long as I don't do stupid stuff like I always do. It's more things like mus and stuff that I'm thinking about. For example I hear people saying MK is Lucario's worst mu, or w/e.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
I've always used the normal color Luigi. Also for the next tournament I go to, I'm gunna most likely be using Marth/Snake alot for basically all the MU's I suck at for Luigi, instead of trying to get better at them and not being able to lol. Especially with MK being no longer banned.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
BSP is black, so Falco is his ethnic main. It can't be helped.

Napos

Smash Ace
Just put in non-stop work into Luigi. Something good is bound to happen.

Loved boss and anti team!

holyv

Smash Journeyman
We had this discussion long ago, remember, bc?

fire luigi ftw

oh and luigi sucks and i'm sad because of that :((

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
We had this discussion long ago, remember, bc?

fire luigi ftw

oh and luigi sucks and i'm sad because of that :((
It's like rice. If you eat it everyday won't you eventually get bored of it? Same thing. If you use Luigi everyday eventually you will realize hes bad.

Top Bottom