• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The magical painter from the stars, Adeleine for Smash Wii U/3DS!

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I wonder what Sakurai would think if he saw a single vote for Adeleine in the Smash Ballot....

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I wonder what Sakurai would think if he saw a single vote for Adeleine in the Smash Ballot....
She's got more than just A single vote sure!
Anyways, with the way he buffed his precious Kirby characters in Brawl, he'd probably have a heyday~

I like Adeleine WAAAY better than that stupid Waddle Dee thing... it's just a common enemy! it's like asking for a Goomba to be playable wtf!?
Adeleine is much more unique~ :love:

FUN FACT: Back when I played SNES, before Crystal Shards, I thought Adeleline was a boy! :laugh:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Iko MattOrr would you pretty please put me up on the supporters list? :3
Offcourse!

There will be more than just one single vote, I read of some people who voted for her. There are also people voting for Ribbon as well.

The goal is to get as many votes as we can, so that they can see that fans are still interested in this character. It's obvious that there are many other characters who are a lot more popular, but we must keep our hopes and insist until Adeleine will be back.
Stopping to support a character because "it has no chances" and supporting another character just because it's more popular, or appeared more recently, or anything else is stupid; if you like a character you should support it, no matter how much likely it is.
I think that the more unpopular a character is, the more it needs to be supported.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Geez, when I said "single vote" I was referring to the first vote that he'd see, not trying to say that Adeleine has got only one vote, I'm sure she has multiple!
I like Adeleine WAAAY better than that stupid Waddle Dee thing... it's just a common enemy! it's like asking for a Goomba to be playable wtf!?
I feel the same. Just don't tell the Bandana Dee thread I said that though, lol.
Offcourse!
The goal is to get as many votes as we can, so that they can see that fans are still interested in this character. It's obvious that there are many other characters who are a lot more popular, but we must keep our hopes and insist until Adeleine will be back.
Stopping to support a character because "it has no chances" and supporting another character just because it's more popular, or appeared more recently, or anything else is stupid; if you like a character you should support it, no matter how much likely it is.
I think that the more unpopular a character is, the more it needs to be supported.
True, and I admire this sentiment. When speculation overlaps with want, when what's "likely" is what you want, rather than just what you expect, then you never really deserved to vote anyway. I admire character fanbases like Adeleines because the only thing that truly keeps them alive is the love for the character, rather than just a list of credentials and "relevance" ticked off by that character. Though I'd admit Adeleine being leaked and such a thing as Adeleine bandwagoners appearing would be quite amusing :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I feel like I am missing the joke. Is there a rumor about another Sonic character ?
Nope, just joking about the fact that many fans would vote for a Sonic character after the news of Ryu's leak. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that really were the case. :troll:

Troykv

Smash Master
Nope, just joking about the fact that many fans would vote for a Sonic character after the news of Ryu's leak. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that really were the case. :troll:
Anyway, the votes are only to Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and maybe Eggman

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
*Dashes off to go tattle tale on you to the Waddle Dee boards* :lick:
Geez, when I said "single vote" I was referring to the first vote that he'd see, not trying to say that Adeleine has got only one vote, I'm sure she has multiple!

I feel the same. Just don't tell the Bandana Dee thread I said that though, lol.

True, and I admire this sentiment. When speculation overlaps with want, when what's "likely" is what you want, rather than just what you expect, then you never really deserved to vote anyway. I admire character fanbases like Adeleines because the only thing that truly keeps them alive is the love for the character, rather than just a list of credentials and "relevance" ticked off by that character. Though I'd admit Adeleine being leaked and such a thing as Adeleine bandwagoners appearing would be quite amusing :laugh:
Anyways, with the way he buffed his precious Kirby characters in Brawl, he'd probably have a heyday~

FUN FACT: Back when I played SNES, before Crystal Shards, I thought Adeleline was a boy! :laugh:
Little Question is that the only "argument" you guys can use?
Also....Adeleline is a artist not that unique.
Saying Stupid Waddle Dee thing regardless of knowing what it's called is just a bit rude..it's like me calling Adeleline stupid artist boy.
We are actually nicer than you rather than secretly trash talking you behind your back if you want to insult us come to our thread feel free.(http://smashboards.com/threads/band...im-on-smashbros-com-deelc-can-be-real.324430/)
Also at least read deeply into a character before you trash talk (Your using the generic "argument").

random rendum

Smash Journeyman

you dont have to be rude...

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Saying Stupid Waddle Dee thing regardless of knowing what it's called is just a bit rude..it's like me calling Adeleline stupid artist boy.
We are actually nicer than you rather than secretly trash talking you behind your back if you want to insult us come to our thread feel free.(http://smashboards.com/threads/band...im-on-smashbros-com-deelc-can-be-real.324430/)
Also at least read deeply into a character before you trash talk (Your using the generic "argument").
Recently, someone brought in the Adeleine topic in the Bandana Dee thread, (and wasn't me), and a couple of users had fun trolling, saying "when irrelevant characters started being competitors" or something like this, or even "You shouldn't troll Adeleine fans, not too much, troll them just a little".
So sorry, I don't support trolling other people, I think everyone should respect other people, but I don't think you are any nicer, not refered to you as a person but Bandana Dee supporters in general.
Also, he said that a character is stupid, he offended a character, not you.

Please, can we stop fighting about Bandana Dee and return talking about Adeleine?

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I've continued the Bandana Dee vs Adeleine discussion in the BD thread, I suggest anyone who wants to give their thoughts on this matter to go to the BD thread as it's more related to BD and because that place has more activity.
Please, can we stop fighting about Bandana Dee and return talking about Adeleine?
Gladly.
So there's strong evidence that Dreamland 64 will be in Sm4sh. Shows Sakurai's still pumping out old Kirby stuff, so sort of good for Adeleine I guess.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
ISo there's strong evidence that Dreamland 64 will be in Sm4sh. Shows Sakurai's still pumping out old Kirby stuff, so sort of good for Adeleine I guess.
Probably it's just considered a retro stage, so I don't think it will mean anything to Kirby representation. Dreamland 64 is a very popular stage because it was the Battlefield of Smash 64.
Battlefield and Final Destination were in Smash 64, but they were not selectable in versus mode, Dreamland was the only option.
Anyway, it's still a Kirby related thing and related to the 64 era, so who knows.

Yesterday I found this post on Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjsu1R4iw
It says that the keychains are inspired by Kirby 64, and that Satoshi Ishida's favorite keychains are the Golden Egg Statue, Marx's Soul and Boss Butch.
Boss Butch has Ado in!
I hope this means something

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Probably it's just considered a retro stage, so I don't think it will mean anything to Kirby representation. Dreamland 64 is a very popular stage because it was the Battlefield of Smash 64.
Battlefield and Final Destination were in Smash 64, but they were not selectable in versus mode, Dreamland was the only option.
Anyway, it's still a Kirby related thing and related to the 64 era, so who knows.

Yesterday I found this post on Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjsu1R4iw
It says that the keychains are inspired by Kirby 64, and that Satoshi Ishida's favorite keychains are the Golden Egg Statue, Marx's Soul and Boss Butch.
Boss Butch has Ado in!
I hope this means something
Isn't Boss Butch the keychain of DL3's Bosses?
I think you're looking a bit too into it, he could just like it because of DL3 or it looks good or he had fun overseeing it or because it contains the bosses of DL3 which is pretty damn cool.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Recently, someone brought in the Adeleine topic in the Bandana Dee thread, (and wasn't me), and a couple of users had fun trolling, saying "when irrelevant characters started being competitors" or something like this, or even "You shouldn't troll Adeleine fans, not too much, troll them just a little".
So sorry, I don't support trolling other people, I think everyone should respect other people, but I don't think you are any nicer, not refered to you as a person but Bandana Dee supporters in general.
Also, he said that a character is stupid, he offended a character, not you.

I think that was a joke any character can be competition

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Some Adeleine awesomeness:
Adeleine keychain from a Kirby 64 keychain set

The back of the cover of a yonkoma manga based on Kirby 64

Kirby 64 minigames were very fun (except the hop one).
I'm actually working on a drawing inspired by the Bumper Crop Bump minigame in Art Academy Sketchpad.
Also, it's the minigame that made me wanting Adeleine in smash; the gameplay has some similarities with the rolling/grab mechanics of Smash... not really, it's a bit different but they feel similar in a way.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Sorry, I didnt mean to start anything... just joking around a little...
I wouldnt mind you calling Adeleline stupid artist boy at all :smirk: they're just video game characters at the end of the day and you're entitled to speak your opinion on something just as much as me.
I cant help how I feel about whatever characters based on my own personal tastes ya know?
And I'm gonna have to decline taking you up in argument over there, I'm not the clever or debating type-
and how could I ever win an argument about something as opinionated as this anyways? :surprised:

you dont have to be rude...
Again, Sorry :(
At least I didn't go and say this over on the Bandana Dee boards asking for trouble; just stating my opinions bout how I feel about em' :nervous:

@ Iko MattOrr Iko MattOrr : I'd love to own that Adeleine keychain! :chuckle:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
@ Iko MattOrr Iko MattOrr : I'd love to own that Adeleine keychain! :chuckle:
Yeah, it's ADOrable XD (lol)

Speaking of keychains, I just found a nice fanart:

It's nice to see classic characters and recent characters all together, I'd like if it was so in the next Kirby games as well.
With the return of the Mirror world in Triple Deluxe, I think anything could happen in the future.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3

http://41.media.tumblr.com/fcf214c49df73f44c3f2f8d8a75ac3e4/tumblr_nn093dGQor1tp596eo1_1280.jpg

It's nice to see classic characters and recent characters all together, I'd like if it was so in the next Kirby games as well.
With the return of the Mirror world in Triple Deluxe, I think anything could happen in the future.
the Gooey and the pink haired fairy from Crystal Shards... it must be painful hanging by just your tongue or wings! :(
But they dont look upset; only one who looks grumpy is DDD :laugh:

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I really adore this stamp here:
and would love to use it in my signature, but Smashboards tells me I'm not allowed to use more than 5 images per siggy.

Can anyone here who's good with digital art teach me how to gather multiple stamps, and then save them all as one picture for a signature pretty please? :lol:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I theorically can do it, but I see that some of your stamps are animated... I'll do what I can; if anything, I could merge the static stamps into a single image and keep the animated ones separate.
It's a problem if I merge them with no space between them, or do you want the same amount of transparent pixels they have in the actual signature? (in the current signature, there is a space between them, but I think that you can delete it by editing the signature; the site automatically creates that space after you put a picture in a post).

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I theorically can do it, but I see that some of your stamps are animated... I'll do what I can; if anything, I could merge the static stamps into a single image and keep the animated ones separate.
It's a problem if I merge them with no space between them, or do you want the same amount of transparent pixels they have in the actual signature? (in the current signature, there is a space between them, but I think that you can delete it by editing the signature; the site automatically creates that space after you put a picture in a post).
Aww really? :love: I can just replace some of the animated stamps with their regular versions if that's the only problem.
I can replace the two animated ones, and have them all squeezed together too~

Just give me untill tomorrow to this, I have to get off shortly in moment but I'll be back tomorrow :)

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

At the end I did it with the spaces, because it was nicer (the stamps are different, someones are bigger; this way it's harder to see the issue). The animated ones are separate (I haven't modified them, I just placed them aside to see the result)
I loaded it using postimage.org, if you know any better service for uploading pictures you can download it and re-upload.
I don't know for how much time they will keep it in their servers (they say no time limit though).
If there is something wrong, I can still modify it, it's not difficult, I can do it in a couple of minutes or less.

I don't know why, but the space between the animated stamps and the static stamps is different, I counted 3 pixels from a screenshot...

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Thank you so, SO much! :love::love:

I need to learn how to this myself, Postimage.org you say? thanks for the info~
I'll prolly be adding on to my siggy later when I can ^_^

The Adeleine stamp looks so crisp and cute~ Did you make this by yourself? :o

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Thank you so, SO much! :love::love:

I need to learn how to this myself, Postimage.org you say? thanks for the info~
I'll prolly be adding on to my siggy later when I can ^_^

The Adeleine stamp looks so crisp and cute~ Did you make this by yourself? :o
No, it was already done. If it was made by me, I would have changed the colors of the artwork... the original artwork is too much desaturated and dark, I don't like its colors -.- the character looks a lot more bright and colorful ingame!

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

That's exceptional fan art! But yeah, a Kirby game with characters from all over the series would be amazing. Someone on the BD thread suggested "Kirby Generations"(as in, like Sonic Generations), and that would be pretty ideal for Kirby fans in general.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'd like to talk about a couple of things:
The first one is about Miiverse.
There is a Miiverse user who is doing some drawings of the possible newcomers for Smash. Those drawings usually get a lot of comments and are often in the popular thread section. If you want to help me with the support, I ask you if you can vote for Adeleine in those polls. Currently the author made 2 drawings, Shantae and Shovel Knight, and i'ts possible to request a character in the comments of both images. It's a small thing, but it could give a little boost of popularity to the character.
If she doesn't win, we can vote again in the next drawing/s.
I'd be glad if some of you would like to help me.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjwqKGhTw
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjxJ6eY0Q
I don't know how much time the votation in those pictures will remain open, since they are up by a lot of time now, but as I said, we can still try with the next one.

The second thing I'd like to talk about, is the voice.
Since every Kirby character in Smash got a voice, what do you think Adeleine's voice should sound like?
I think it should be an high pitch voice, but not too much (as much as it would not be annoying); at the same time, it should sound a bit "alien" like, I don't know how to explain... you know, Dedede's voice (still in Smash)... it sounds so unnatural... something like that. That's because I want that her voice would sound cute, but it should sound evil and creepy when she goes on rage.
Another option would be something like Jill's voice from Drill Dozer, or a mix between the two ideas... I don't think all that shouting that Jill does would feel a calm and shy character like Adeleine though.
Also, because of her calm nature, she should be heard very few times, she should be a very silent character, but still not mute. Unless she's on rage, then she could do all the noise she wants XD

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
There is a Miiverse user who is doing some drawings of the possible newcomers for Smash. Those drawings usually get a lot of comments and are often in the popular thread section. If you want to help me with the support, I ask you if you can vote for Adeleine in those polls. Currently the author made 2 drawings, Shantae and Shovel Knight, and i'ts possible to request a character in the comments of both images. It's a small thing, but it could give a little boost of popularity to the character.
I don't know how much time the votation in those pictures will remain open, since they are up by a lot of time now, but as I said, we can still try with the next one.

Since every Kirby character in Smash got a voice, what do you think Adeleine's voice should sound like?
I think it should be an high pitch voice, but not too much (as much as it would not be annoying); at the same time, it should sound a bit "alien" like, I don't know how to explain... you know, Dedede's voice (still in Smash)... it sounds so unnatural... something like that. That's because I want that her voice would sound cute, but it should sound evil and creepy when she goes on rage.
Another option would be something like Jill's voice from Drill Dozer, or a mix between the two ideas... I don't think all that shouting that Jill does would feel a calm and shy character like Adeleine though.
Also, because of her calm nature, she should be heard very few times, she should be a very silent character, but still not mute. Unless she's on rage, then she could do all the noise she wants XD
I feel like she should have the voice of a very sweet and energetic little girl, not so annoying, but still really cute to hear. Ever since I first saw Adeleine, I always thought of her as very cute and very sweet, and somewhat shy around everyone, so I've pictured her having a somewhat quiet and calm voice, though she gets loud if she's excited.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

I think it should be like the voice of Jill like you said.
I don't mind how long she talks, could be a rambling artist or a sweet painter and I wouldn't care. Given mostly silent characters became not-so-silent when they got into Smash, and of course Adeleine's silence in Kirby 64, both ways are alright.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I have a theory; it's not official, it's just a fan theory, keep this in mind.

http://tabebuia.deviantart.com/art/Canvas-Curse-293150871

Was Adeleine truly missing from Kirby Canvas Curse?

The story of Canvas Curse involves Drawcia transforming Dreamland into a drawing, and Kirby into a ball. Kirby touches the Magical Paintbrush (or Power Paintbrush) and it teleports to... you.
You is refered to the player.
There is this "you" that's involved in the plot of the game, and it's mentioned in the ending cutscene too.
This is just breaking the 4th wall I assume, but I wonder, in the canon of Kirby, who could this "you" be, who helped Kirby using the Power Paintbrush?
Well, there isn't any official proof, but I like to think that in the canon, Adeleine was the artist who held the Power Paintbrush and helped Kirby to defeat Drawcia.
Because she's "human", and the player is human; because Paint Roller is shown in the game as enemy, and him and Adeleine were the only artists introduced in the franchise when the game came out, leaving Adeleine as the only other option avaliable.
It's also true that there is a cutscene showing that those bosses are just drawings of Drawcia, and not the real ones... but I think it would be hard for that mysterious "you" to be Paint Roller, a random boss that has never been an ally of Kirby, rather than one of the characters who have been part of the group of heroes who saved the world from Dark Matter in one of the close prequels, and a friend of Kirby.
I like to think that during the events of Canvas Curse, there is Adeleine from the other side of the canvas, drawing rainbow lines for Kirby; it would make sense especially because in the Paint Roller minigame, where you need to actually paint in order to win, the sound effects of correct or wrong drawing are taken from the minigames of Kirby's Dreamland 3, just like if it was a reference to Ado (who was the painter in that game).

Related to this, I don't know how many people got the Canvas Curse reference in my new signature/miiverse drawing, looks like nobody noticed it...

EDIT: We need more new supporters and more active people! Any idea?

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I have a theory; it's not official, it's just a fan theory, keep this in mind.

http://tabebuia.deviantart.com/art/Canvas-Curse-293150871

Was Adeleine truly missing from Kirby Canvas Curse?

The story of Canvas Curse involves Drawcia transforming Dreamland into a drawing, and Kirby into a ball. Kirby touches the Magical Paintbrush (or Power Paintbrush) and it teleports to... you.
You is refered to the player.
There is this "you" that's involved in the plot of the game, and it's mentioned in the ending cutscene too.
This is just breaking the 4th wall I assume, but I wonder, in the canon of Kirby, who could this "you" be, who helped Kirby using the Power Paintbrush?
Well, there isn't any official proof, but I like to think that in the canon, Adeleine was the artist who held the Power Paintbrush and helped Kirby to defeat Drawcia.
Because she's "human", and the player is human; because Paint Roller is shown in the game as enemy, and him and Adeleine were the only artists introduced in the franchise when the game came out, leaving Adeleine as the only other option avaliable.
It's also true that there is a cutscene showing that those bosses are just drawings of Drawcia, and not the real ones... but I think it would be hard for that mysterious "you" to be Paint Roller, a random boss that has never been an ally of Kirby, rather than one of the characters who have been part of the group of heroes who saved the world from Dark Matter in one of the close prequels, and a friend of Kirby.
I like to think that during the events of Canvas Curse, there is Adeleine from the other side of the canvas, drawing rainbow lines for Kirby; it would make sense especially because in the Paint Roller minigame, where you need to actually paint in order to win, the sound effects of correct or wrong drawing are taken from the minigames of Kirby's Dreamland 3, just like if it was a reference to Ado (who was the painter in that game).

Related to this, I don't know how many people got the Canvas Curse reference in my new signature/miiverse drawing, looks like nobody noticed it...

EDIT: We need more new supporters and more active people! Any idea?
I recommend a support video. (I don't want to see a Kirby contende die even if it's not one I like.)

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I recommend a support video. (I don't want to see a Kirby contende die even if it's not one I like.)
EDIT: Anyway, thank you for reviving the thread!

(I hope someone will reply after this or I'll be stuck again -.-)
Unfortunatelly I'm very busy... :crying: I wanted to do one but I don't have enough time. Maybe this summer I'll find some, around July.
Another problem is that I'm not very good at speaking in English and I don't even have a god microphone. The voice is not necessary for a support video, but it would help to increase the quality.
I'd like to suggest my moveet in the Super Smash Bros Crusade forum soon, but I noticed that a former Adeleine thread got locked, I hope my thread will not recive the same treatment (looks like the guy who opened it was a spammer).

I'll use the opportunity of this post, to share some cute and awesome Adeleine related fan arts:

Epic Yarn?

This is awesome, and it's exactly what I want Adeleine to represent in Smash.
Anyway, I think that Yin Yarn can be considered an artist as well, even if he doesn't paint.

Last edited:
Top Bottom