• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The magical painter from the stars, Adeleine for Smash Wii U/3DS!

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Count me as a supporter, I'm a staunch supporter of most Kirby newcomers, though most of my Kirby support goes toward Magolor. But, by all means, Adeleine would be interesting to see on the battlefield. I haven't played Crystal Shards myself, but I have watched the cutscenes several times on YouTube for aid in developing my Kirby Timeline, and I developed a particular fondness for Adeleine watching the cutscenes she was in, even though I never played the game and didn't know her name. But, all the same, I'm a supporter of this.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Add me to the list of supporters please!

I think today is the day the Game Grumps reach the final boss of The Rainbow Curse, can't wait to see their reaction to the ending.
I forgot to reply: Thank you and welcome! I added you

Count me as a supporter, I'm a staunch supporter of most Kirby newcomers, though most of my Kirby support goes toward Magolor. But, by all means, Adeleine would be interesting to see on the battlefield. I haven't played Crystal Shards myself, but I have watched the cutscenes several times on YouTube for aid in developing my Kirby Timeline, and I developed a particular fondness for Adeleine watching the cutscenes she was in, even though I never played the game and didn't know her name. But, all the same, I'm a supporter of this.
I'm going to add you as well! Thank you too!

I'm not sure if I will be able to do it or not, but I'd like to try making a 3D model of Adeleine... something inspired by Kirby's actual character design from Triple Deluxe, a redesigned version of her.
It's not easy and I've never modeled a character before, so I don't have much experience, but I will probably try soon.
If the project will fail, I'll return on my pixel-art sprites. :kirby:
Don't count on it too much, I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it and if I have enough free time to do it, for now it's just an idea.

A 3D model of Adeleine would be very useful for Brawl mods, and it would help the character to get more popularity. Now, the closest things we have are a retextured Toon Link and a direct port from Kirby 64.

Last edited:

AniMariBro

Smash Rookie
YES!
Finally, I find people who think like me!
(I swear, it's like having human characters in the Kirby series is blasphemous or something....)
I'm just gonna put this out there:
Adding Waddle Dee into the roster would kinda feel wrong, given that Dedede used to throw them about nonchalantly in Brawl.
But I digress.
I'd like to be added to the support list, because first of all, Adeleine deserves some spotlight time, second, the Kirby series would receive huge potential for Adeleine's return, and third, it's
Adeleine, for crying out loud!
So, yeah, Adeleine in Super Smash Bros would benefit players and developers alike.

Again, I support this entirely.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
There's a thread for Adeleine?
Why have I not been notified of this sooner?
something.png

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
New supporters, yeah! Thank you!
I'm adding AniMariBro; what about SmashRiver64, do you want to be added to the list as well?

Also, I read somewhere that Kirby 64 is planned to be released on USA's Virtual Console as well this week, right?
:colorful:
In Europe it's already out but I haven't bought it yet because I have about 6€ on my Nintendo account and I'm waiting to see who are the next newcomers in Smash before deciding what to do with those moneys.
I'll eventually get it in the future anyway, so the Shimomura/Dark Matter trilogy will be complete (I got Dreamland 2 on 3DS and Dreamland 3 on WiiU already, and I have more than 100 hours on Dreamland 3, due to my crazy challenges like go through every zone of the game without losing any health point, or defeat a specific boss with an uneffective ability - Acro with Nago+Cutter for example).

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
@ smashkirby smashkirby That picture was posted in the general Kirby characters thread (that's closed now), and some people complained about it being too much "revealing"; It honestly bugs me too.
Sure, Adeleine is cute, and for sure she needs a redesign, but I doubt they will make her more like an anime girl. I think that if she will come back in Kirby, she will be like a Poppy Bros. but with a cone instead of an egg as body.
This because the style of that artwork (the second one), while is cute, I think it doesn't fit the actual look of the Kirby franchise.
Anyway I appreciate the fact that the Adeleine thread became an art thread, full of drawings; It fits the character!

Now, I said that I had a little surprise for today:

This is made by me using Art Academy sketchpad, to show my support for Adeleine.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAtVHhnBHQ_uA

It's based on the minigame "Bumper Crop Bump" from Kirby 64, and I got inspired by this:

http://chenanigans.deviantart.com/art/Kirby-Challenge-13-Sub-Game-394521648

and this:

http://25x100.deviantart.com/art/Kirby64-minigame-515570309

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today we can vote for Adeleine in this thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...veterans-return.398604/page-193#post-19630265
This is the perfect occasion for supporting Adeleine!
I wrote a very long post for the occasion, and I'll eventually copy the content of it into this thread soon.
I'm thinking that it could replace the actual op, since it's better written and more optimized... I'll decide what to do with it in the future.
Now I need to sleep, I stayed awake all the night in order to post it as soon as possible.
nice art, also I agree about adeeline's deesign, sakurai also said no humans, anime doesn't fit the style of the franchise , and one day (god forbid) some idiot director might come and make kirby flooded with humans... that's unlikely though.
This is a very appreciated invite, and I accept it for sure, but unfortunatelly I'm super busy right now, until wednesday of the next week I won't be able to do anything, due to 2 very tough university exams (projects with a lot of work to do).

This is a very sad day, because of what happend to Iwata; I'm very sad for it, and I will always remember all those unpredictable surprises he made during his leadership and during his work at HAL.

Though, I'm very satisfied of Adeleine's result in the Rate Their Chance thread;
33.24% is not a top tier score, but it's a very solid score, especially for a so much underrated and overlooked character.
Many people mentioned the fact that she's overshadowen by Magolor and Dark Matter, but in reality, she got a want score that's superior to both (and even to Chorus Kids').
I hope this will finally make people accept her as a valid contender for the ballot, and a valid character for smash in general.
I want to thank every user who voted with a positive score (50 and above), but also who does not have interest in the character but voted 25 or 30 for her potential, and even those who decided to abstain instead of killing her with a zero just for the sake of it, like many others have done.
that's a solid response, 30 is EXTREMELY good for a character that isn't in recent games but... that assumes she has 1/3 chance, that's a bit exaggerated...
YES!
Finally, I find people who think like me!
(I swear, it's like having human characters in the Kirby series is blasphemous or something....)
I'm just gonna put this out there:
Adding Waddle Dee into the roster would kinda feel wrong, given that Dedede used to throw them about nonchalantly in Brawl.
But I digress.
I'd like to be added to the support list, because first of all, Adeleine deserves some spotlight time, second, the Kirby series would receive huge potential for Adeleine's return, and third, it's
Adeleine, for crying out loud!
So, yeah, Adeleine in Super Smash Bros would benefit players and developers alike.

Again, I support this entirely.
its a different waddle dee, and he doesn't throw them anymore, :ohwell:that's the first of the arguments like that I saw, I'm not gonna argue, I probably cant change your opinion, this is the Ado thread, not the waddle dee thread, so im not going to say anymore so i don't get reported for off topic :4ness:, theason human characters are "blasphemous" is because sakurai said no human characters, which lowers her chances, he might change his mind, but I don't know, I dont know the source, but that's what I've heard.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It doesn't matter if it is a different Waddle Dee, it still is a Waddle Dee. Adeleine, Dark Matter or hell, even Galacta Knight would be better new Kirby reps.

Anyways, nice to see Adeleine getting more supporters!

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
So because he is a Waddle Dee he is a bad choice...ok let's apply that to other situations shall we?

Adeleine is a bad choice because she is just another human to the roster.

Dark Matter is a bad choice because he is just a dark blob and is nothing but another sword wielder.

See. What you said is actually extremely irrational and a terrible argument...in other news

I'm warming up to the idea of Adeleine in Smash...but I have a really hard time dealing with her fanbase...not only here but on Gamefaqs to....maybe the next time Smash speculation comes around the fanbase will...mature (I guess is the word) a bit.

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet
Count me in as a supporter.
I could post an alternate moveset for her, but my computer is wrecked so I'll have to wait until it's fixed.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Count me in as a supporter.
I could post an alternate moveset for her, but my computer is wrecked so I'll have to wait until it's fixed.
Great, are you the one who does custom sprites on the Super Smash Flash site? Or it was Crusade? I can't remember... I alredy seen you somewhere XD

I'm trying to create a 3D model of Adeleine but I'm so noob at modeling characters... on the other hand, I'm learning a lot about the subject, it's just that I will never make it in time before the ballot will close :(

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet
Great, are you the one who does custom sprites on the Super Smash Flash site? Or it was Crusade? I can't remember... I alredy seen you somewhere XD

I'm trying to create a 3D model of Adeleine but I'm so noob at modeling characters... on the other hand, I'm learning a lot about the subject, it's just that I will never make it in time before the ballot will close :(
Yes, I'm from Mcleodgaming.
I swear I have seen you somewhere in that site tho...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This place could use a thread bump. It's so barren here.
True, since she's in the Top 50 according to PushDustIn's new results. Seeing the fact that Magolor and Dee are heavily requests (with Adeleine and Galacta Knight as decent requests) is proof that even Japan feels that Kirby is underrepresented to this day. Three of them would be good choices as DLC while I'm not really feeling GK since he's sort of redundant IMO.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Yes, I'm from Mcleodgaming.
I swear I have seen you somewhere in that site tho...
I never joined that community, it's not me..... but I lurked both Mcleodgaming and the Crusade communities a bit.

True, since she's in the Top 50 according to PushDustIn's new results. Seeing the fact that Magolor and Dee are heavily requests (with Adeleine and Galacta Knight as decent requests) is proof that even Japan feels that Kirby is underrepresented to this day. Three of them would be good choices as DLC while I'm not really feeling GK since he's sort of redundant IMO.
top 50 is a great goal, especially since many of those 50 are from third party I assume!
It's great, I hope it's true!
Adeleine has so much potential, and I'll be completely honest here, I do care more about having Adeleine back in the Kirby universe than having her in Smash... so even if she will not become a fighter because Magolor and Bandana Dee are more requested, showing all the support toward Adeleine is still useful in order to have her back in Kirby, and if it will become real, I'd be happy anyway.
And if Adeleine will ever return as a main character in Kirby, the road to Smash is really short and simple, anyway.

(and by the way, why can't Kirby have 5/6 characters? Fire Emblem has 5, Kirby has a huge cast of awesome and original characters, with a lot of variety and moveset potential, it's a waste that only the very main 3 are in Smash; I know that other series need representation as well, but having more Kirby characters does not exclude other franchises to have more representation as well).

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Magolor's popularity positively surprises me. I wouldn't mind having him as the 4th Kirby rep, if Adoleine isn't a possibility.
(and by the way, why can't Kirby have 5/6 characters? Fire Emblem has 5, Kirby has a huge cast of awesome and original characters, with a lot of variety and moveset potential, it's a waste that only the very main 3 are in Smash; I know that other series need representation as well, but having more Kirby characters does not exclude other franchises to have more representation as well).
As I said in the Bandana Dee thread, the roster of Smash is already massive. It is a competitive fighter, that needs a balanced roster and the bigger the roster is, the harder it is to balance. There are not many balanced fighting games with as many characters as Smash 4, which is why the idea of Kirby having 5 or 6 character is extremely unlikely, especially when a 3rd Donkey Kong rep is so heavily request, as well as characters like Inkling. Yeah, Fire Emblem have 5 reps and that is a shame, I would much rather have 2 or 3 Fire Emblem reps and 5 Kirby reps, but that is not how it is, unfortunately. The only way I could see Kirby getting this many reps is if Nintendo throws the competitive aspect of Smash out of the window and/or start cutting veterans from the roster.

If Smash was a MOBA, the roster size would be less of an issue, since MOBAs often have over 100 characters in the roster... But it isn't.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Magolor's popularity positively surprises me. I wouldn't mind having him as the 4th Kirby rep, if Adoleine isn't a possibility.

As I said in the Bandana Dee thread, the roster of Smash is already massive. It is a competitive fighter, that needs a balanced roster and the bigger the roster is, the harder it is to balance. There are not many balanced fighting games with as many characters as Smash 4, which is why the idea of Kirby having 5 or 6 character is extremely unlikely, especially when a 3rd Donkey Kong rep is so heavily request, as well as characters like Inkling. Yeah, Fire Emblem have 5 reps and that is a shame, I would much rather have 2 or 3 Fire Emblem reps and 5 Kirby reps, but that is not how it is, unfortunately. The only way I could see Kirby getting this many reps is if Nintendo throws the competitive aspect of Smash out of the window and/or start cutting veterans from the roster.

If Smash was a MOBA, the roster size would be less of an issue, since MOBAs often have over 100 characters in the roster... But it isn't.
Well the 5th character is literally a Alt Custom with some altered stats, otherwise Fire Emblem has 1 character for game (except maybe Roy in Melee that still has a lower development time).

But talking about Kirby... Japan loves Kirby and believe that is underrepresented (but the complains are less than the DK's)

Ado anon

Smash Rookie
I voted for her, and got about a dozen of my friends and a few strangers to do the same.

Also you people want Adeleine to win just to see her again, right? For her to appear and/or be playable in new Kirby games?
Beg HAL for a Crystal Shards remake with extra content and the beta elements restored. Waddle Dee got to be a playable main character because he was in a remake, same could happen with Adeleine.
Here is their email address. Spread the word, keep the emails coming. Let them know there is demand for this.
webmaster@hallab.co.jp

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I voted for her, and got about a dozen of my friends and a few strangers to do the same.

Also you people want Adeleine to win just to see her again, right? For her to appear and/or be playable in new Kirby games?
Beg HAL for a Crystal Shards remake with extra content and the beta elements restored. Waddle Dee got to be a playable main character because he was in a remake, same could happen with Adeleine.
Here is their email address. Spread the word, keep the emails coming. Let them know there is demand for this.
webmaster@hallab.co.jp
This is awesome!
Thank you!
With your contribute, I don't think there is the need of asking, I'll add you in the supporters list :)

The ballot is almost closed, Adeleine apparently got a decent amount of votes and support, but there are Bandana Dee and Magolor who got a lot more votes... at this point, the ballot is not very important anymore, we should continue with the support in any possible way, mails, social network posts, fan arts, etc.
Adeleine must come back, I'll never let her to be forgotten forever.
The support is constantly growing, slowly but it's growing; a year ago, nobody cared about her, now she's apparently 42 in the top 50 of the most supported characters in Japan, and if the ballot would have been open for more time, I'm sure that her support would have grown even more.

Go Adeleine, you can do it!

http://drawr.net/show.php?id=5623061
(the kawaii level of this picture is over 9000)

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Adeleine Mii Fighter outfit, anyone?:ohwell:
If that was her only way of making it to Smash 4 I would totally take a Adeleine Swordfighter Mii costume. I would just have to make the Mii's face to resemble her as close as possible and spread the QR code like a plague.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm completely honest, at this point I'd be perfectly fine even with just a trophy.

What I want is that they finally stop neglecting her existence, and even a trophy with her name and a small description is fine to finally end this situation.

Well I still hope for her to be playable, but I'm ok with anything.

I support!!!
I'm adding you, thank you!

EDIT: Anyway, even after the ballot will be closed, I'll continue with the support of this character, I'll do anything I can do.
I just want her to comeback in Kirby.

Last edited:

Ado anon

Smash Rookie
If that was her only way of making it to Smash 4 I would totally take a Adeleine Swordfighter Mii costume. I would just have to make the Mii's face to resemble her as close as possible and spread the QR code like a plague.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Hey there. I thought you might be interested in this here picture I made to celebrate the end of the Smash Ballot.

Adeleine took the longest.

From left to right:

Galacta Knight, Magolor, Bandana Dee, Adeleine, Dark Matter
It's awesome!
I want all of them, it would be definitive!
I want a Kirby themed Smash Bros with every Kirby character in the roster, including Gooey, Prince Fluff, Daroach and others! Kirby Fighters 2, please HAL! :kirby:

I gave up with the 3D model, I'm too noob with 3D Studio Max. I modeled the head, but I had some problems with the smoothing of the eyes and I was unable to repair it. Also, I'm not even sure if the way I did the eyes would look good on the final model, so, maybe I'll retry in the future when I will have more skills, it's too much for me with my actual knownledge.
(I should try modelling a redesigned version of her paintbrush using Rhinoceros, at least I'm good at modeling objects and that should be fine for me).

Troykv

Smash Master
It's awesome!
I want a Kirby themed Smash Bros with every Kirby character in the roster, including Gooey, Prince Fluff, Daroach and others! Kirby Fighters 2, please HAL! :kirby:

I gave up with the 3D model, I'm too noob with 3D Studio Max. I modeled the head, but I had some problems with the smoothing of the eyes and I was unable to repair it. Also, I'm not even sure if the way I did the eyes would look good on the final model, so, maybe I'll retry in the future when I will have more skills, it's too much for me with my actual knownledge.
(I should try modelling a redesigned version of her paintbrush using Rhinoceros, at least I'm good at modeling objects and that should be fine for me).
I want a Kirby Fighters with more characters too!

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
It's awesome!

I'm sure you could do it. Up until recently I hadn't drawn in years, and I'd never used any of the tools I do now. I'm obviously not the greatest but I get the results I do by taking my time and going through the motions, line work, tracing said line work, coloring and so on. 3d modeling must be a lot more complicated but I'm sure the same basic principals still apply. I bet if you really put your mind to it, you could create something you're happy with. I'd love to see it too.

I want a Kirby Fighters with more characters too!
If we got a Kirby Fighters U with more refined gameplay and it became competitive like Smash Brothers, that would be both fantastic and hilarious.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The ballot is closed? Who cares, let's continue the support!

By HeroLinkTriforce

http://herolinktriforce.deviantart.com/art/The-Cure-All-Tomato-549145627

Please, don't stop the support. It's not just for Smash, Adeleine has been neglected for too much time, and she needs us to eventually appear in a future game. If people won't ask for her, HAL will never bring her back again.
We are in the age of the social medias, companies actually listen to their fans/customers/users, let them at least know that Adeleine has some fans, and that she deserves to come back.
Human or not, I don't care, that's the lamest excuse* for excluding Adeleine from the franchise; she's an awesome character full of potential for both story and gameplay (I'd like to extend this to the animal friends as well).

* :GCD:

Stylized "humans", except Bonkers that's an humanized monkey, but still more human than monkey.
If you ask me, Bonkers is the one who looks out of place the most, but he's still pretty recurring.

Adeleine is 142/438 in this poll
http://smashboards.com/threads/indi...g-edition-1800-votes-results-are-here.417135/
Not the best result, but it's still a lot more than half chart.
Let's consider that in Japan she's 40 (42 but Roy and Ryu are out now so 40), that's a very cool result.

With a bit of support, her chanches can rise a bit, maybe in the second wave of DLC characters (if they don't just count the number of votes).
Anyway, as I said before even a Mii outfit or a trophy are fine, we just need something. Playable is the best solution but everything else is fine too, as long as it's something.

And let's hope for a 3DS remake of Kirby 64, it would really help a lot! (and it's very likely if they follow the pattern they started on GBA, Nightmare in Dreamland and Superstar Ultra).

This is my Adeleine Mii. She looks different but that's the best I have been able to do.

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
The ballot is closed? Who cares, let's continue the support!

By HeroLinkTriforce

http://herolinktriforce.deviantart.com/art/The-Cure-All-Tomato-549145627

Please, don't stop the support. It's not just for Smash, Adeleine has been neglected for too much time, and she needs us to eventually appear in a future game. If people won't ask for her, HAL will never bring her back again.
We are in the age of the social medias, companies actually listen to their fans/customers/users, let them at least know that Adeleine has some fans, and that she deserves to come back.
Human or not, I don't care, that's the lamest excuse* for excluding Adeleine from the franchise; she's an awesome character full of potential for both story and gameplay (I'd like to extend this to the animal friends as well).

* :GCD:

Stylized "humans", except Bonkers that's an humanized monkey, but still more human than monkey.
If you ask me, Bonkers is the one who looks out of place the most, but he's still pretty recurring.

Adeleine is 142/438 in this poll
http://smashboards.com/threads/indi...g-edition-1800-votes-results-are-here.417135/
Not the best result, but it's still a lot more than half chart.
Let's consider that in Japan she's 40 (42 but Roy and Ryu are out now so 40), that's a very cool result.

With a bit of support, her chanches can rise a bit, maybe in the second wave of DLC characters (if they don't just count the number of votes).
Anyway, as I said before even a Mii outfit or a trophy are fine, we just need something. Playable is the best solution but everything else is fine too, as long as it's something.

And let's hope for a 3DS remake of Kirby 64, it would really help a lot! (and it's very likely if they follow the pattern they started on GBA, Nightmare in Dreamland and Superstar Ultra).

This is my Adeleine Mii. She looks different but that's the best I have been able to do.

At least she did better than Dark Matter... heh. If a Kirby character gets in, there's a possibility they'll add some Kirby related costumes, kind of like when they release costumes of a bunch of fighting game characters when Ryu got in. There's always that to look forward to.

A Kirby 64 remake would be really great. A lot of the game's visuals focus on taking advantage of the N64 to produce some really nice 3D stages and backgrounds. It look even better on 3DS. Unfortunately we already have Triple Deluxe, which kind of does the same thing.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Kirby 64 was my favorite out of the Shimomura directed Kirby titles and Adeleine is my favorite character. We need a painter and old man Vince might not be cut out for the job. Plus, she is among one of the cutest female Kirby characters next to Sectonia and ChuChu.

Also, I myself thought the whole Ado vs. Adeleine issue was prett ridiculous back in the day. Some fan works make the character male just because they want more cute boys in the Kirby universe or were flat out ignorant of her gender. I've always knew that both characters were the same and female to begin with despite the other fans believing in mistranslations.

So minirant aside, you can add me to the support list. :p

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
So the Characters section is going to be closed soon... :(
This thread has been cool, it started as a very small thread but with some time it got some supporters, we reched 31 that's not bad for a character that's not very mainstream (it's impressive since this character was completely absent for 2 and half generations and she still has supporters, competing with Dark Matter, Prince Fluff and Galacta Knight - and here in occident, with Magolor too).
Also, most, if not all (not sure) of the posts on this thread are in topic, and that's great.
It's a pity that it had so few activity, most people who supported Adeleine also supported other characters, or they simply left after a week... well, if there was more motivation and more support we could have got a lot of better results, but anyway it's not bad considering that we started from nothing.
I hope this thread managed to help Adeleine's chances to appear again in a new game, be it a Smash game or a Kirby game.
This is sad, but I won't stop, I have some Adeleine-related projects still in work and while I'm busy right now, I'll work on them in the future; I'm planning to finish the animated sprite I was working on some months ago, and to make a full moveset out of it. Also, I'm on The Kirby Club if you are interested to join a dedicated all-around Kirby community.
I'll eventually come back on Smashboards when I'll have some free time and when I'll return playing online, maybe, but well, without the Adeleine thread it's not the same thing anymore, that's basically the main reason why I joined this community.

I hope Nintendo will hear me in some way, I'm still hopeful, with the appearances and references of Ado/Adeleine in some of the most recent games (the keychains in Triple Deluxe, Ado's bossfight in Amiibo Tap, and Elline that is a clear reference of Adeleine and Ribbon at the same time) and the chances of getting a remake of Kirby 64 on 3DS being high enough, I'm almost sure that we will be rewarded sometime soon.

Farewell Adeleine's support thread, I hope to see this thread revived soon, maybe after an awesome DLC announcement! :sadeyes:

http://lucyann-san.deviantart.com/art/Shiver-Star-Remix-502492408

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
So the Characters section is going to be closed soon... :(
This thread has been cool, it started as a very small thread but with some time it got some supporters, we reched 31 that's not bad for a character that's not very mainstream (it's impressive since this character was completely absent for 2 and half generations and she still has supporters, competing with Dark Matter, Prince Fluff and Galacta Knight - and here in occident, with Magolor too).
Also, most, if not all (not sure) of the posts on this thread are in topic, and that's great.
It's a pity that it had so few activity, most people who supported Adeleine also supported other characters, or they simply left after a week... well, if there was more motivation and more support we could have got a lot of better results, but anyway it's not bad considering that we started from nothing.
I hope this thread managed to help Adeleine's chances to appear again in a new game, be it a Smash game or a Kirby game.
This is sad, but I won't stop, I have some Adeleine-related projects still in work and while I'm busy right now, I'll work on them in the future; I'm planning to finish the animated sprite I was working on some months ago, and to make a full moveset out of it. Also, I'm on The Kirby Club if you are interested to join a dedicated all-around Kirby community.
I'll eventually come back on Smashboards when I'll have some free time and when I'll return playing online, maybe, but well, without the Adeleine thread it's not the same thing anymore, that's basically the main reason why I joined this community.

I hope Nintendo will hear me in some way, I'm still hopeful, with the appearances and references of Ado/Adeleine in some of the most recent games (the keychains in Triple Deluxe, Ado's bossfight in Amiibo Tap, and Elline that is a clear reference of Adeleine and Ribbon at the same time) and the chances of getting a remake of Kirby 64 on 3DS being high enough, I'm almost sure that we will be rewarded sometime soon.

Farewell Adeleine's support thread, I hope to see this thread revived soon, maybe after an awesome DLC announcement! :sadeyes:

http://lucyann-san.deviantart.com/art/Shiver-Star-Remix-502492408
I was one of those people you mentioned, who supports another character but still posts here for some reason. It was still a fun thread, you did a great job with the OP and you always put a lot of thought into every post. I also have this thread to thank for one fifth of the inspiration of the drawing I did a couple days ago.

Best of luck. I hope some finally comes your way.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I was one of those people you mentioned, who supports another character but still posts here for some reason. It was still a fun thread, you did a great job with the OP and you always put a lot of thought into every post. I also have this thread to thank for one fifth of the inspiration of the drawing I did a couple days ago.

Best of luck. I hope some finally comes your way.
Well, I was refering to those people who requested of being added in the supporter list and then disappeared, you never did that... but I think it's a normal behaviour, I did the same in other threads, I'm not blaming anyone.
anyway, I'm glad this thread inspired you!
Well, I can say that I was a bit inspired by Bandana Dee's thread in making this one, and even if I'm not a supporter of him, it helped motivating me to never give up

Rick roll :088:
I commented on that thread as well but it was impossible to not start a walltext fight with Kirby Queen each time XD
At the end, that was fun too.
I appreciated your comments and the inclusion of Adeleine in your drawing, and to be honest, I hope this rivality between the fans of the various characters will end soon; maybe the end of the support threads will help.

EDIT: It looks like it's not the end after all, there is a social group for supporting the characters. I can still open a new thread in that place and continue the support!
Since it requires some effort and I'm currently very busy, I think I will wait a bit to open the new thread (probably this will be already closed when I'll open the new one.

EDIT2: Here we go!
http://smashboards.com/threads/adding-adeleine-adeleines-new-support-thread-work-in-progress.421625/

Last edited:
Top Bottom