• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE Mario Guide (LEDGE TRICKS/PLANKING FINISHED [i think])

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
in the guide you should fix the definition of sheild breaking better
something along the lines of :continously reflecting a projectile with your special move will break your reflector and leave you in a stunned state ; or some thing
and does mario have a grab release on G&W? I think yuo put that in their as chain grab or something
btw, awesome guide good stuff there 101

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I usually Bair right before I land. It replaces the RCO lag with the Fastfalled Bair lag, which is virtually nothing. It's not save though since you're generally facing the wrong way when you ledgehop. Nair and Uair do the same thing.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Is there a way to cut the RCO lag ? ._. This is so annoying with Mario oO
DAMMIT WHERE IS MY TOPIC WHEN YOU NEED IT?

So anyhow, someone put this up please:

Ways to work around Mario's RCO lag:
*Do an aerial and land with it (don't autocancel). B-air, N-air, and U-air work best. You can ledgehop B-air by doing a Cape and then ledgehopping with your back facing the stage.
*Ledgehop autocanceled Fireball. This only ignores RCO lag and doesn't use it up. Next time you land you have to deal with it.
*Ledgehop FLUDD charge stance (when you use this, wait til you land on stage, then you get to shield or roll. This is the fastest way to initiate a shield or roll upon doing a ledgejump. This doesn't use up your RCO lag either keep in mind, just bypasses it).

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
....I seriously hate this lag more and more everytime I play. Mario's options from the ledge are already terrible as it is without making him immobile for half a second.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
....I seriously hate this lag more and more everytime I play. Mario's options from the ledge are already terrible as it is without making him immobile for half a second.
Actually I find Mario's edge options are above average. Mario is one of the better characters at safely stalling at the ledge, and ledgehop B-air is simply great and if you know how to space it, you can either choose to land with it, or autocancel it with another edge grab. Mario is also able to autocancel Fireballs at the edge.

The RCO lag just means you have to be smart about ledge getups. Honestly, once I make it to the ledge, I really don't have trouble getting back up safely against most characters. It's about knowing your opponent's ledge trap options.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
On most stages I just wall jump immediately after releasing the ledge and buffer the wall jump into a Bair; takes a little bit of practice to get the timing down to do a wall jump immediately after a ledge drop, but not that hard and worth learning.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
On most stages I just wall jump immediately after releasing the ledge and buffer the wall jump into a Bair; takes a little bit of practice to get the timing down to do a wall jump immediately after a ledge drop, but not that hard and worth learning.
I think I'll steal this

10larcenys

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Honestly, it's not worth wall jump ledgehopping except on Yoshis. And of course you can't even do this on stages without a wall leading up to the ledge.

It's much safer to just do a Cape and ledgehop B-air.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Honestly, it's not worth wall jump ledgehopping except on Yoshis. And of course you can't even do this on stages without a wall leading up to the ledge.
Actually, you can; I'm talking about a wall jump as soon as you release the ledge, like at about the same time you release the ledge. This trick works on all stages other than stages with pass-through ledges, like the main platform on Deflino.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hmmm...I gotta try this out sometime then.

And of course we gotta see if Boss knows about it. =P

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
oh yeah..I know what you're talking about. I do it alot on the waiting room on wifi. You can do it every time?

I can't do it anywhere else.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
oh yeah..I know what you're talking about. I do it alot on the waiting room on wifi. You can do it every time?

I can't do it anywhere else.
Yah, it works on most stages; BF, FD, and Smashville to name a few. I've even done it on Lylat a few times, although it's pretty hard to do on that particular stage...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

Just found this floating around on one of Matador's vids, and this is a good example of how much range F-smash has.

Rizen

Smash Legend
In item options, you can disable pity final smashes by turning off the smashball item specifically but 'all items off' will only stop the smashball's appearance.
You could add this to your smash terms. Otherwise great guide.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
In item options, you can disable pity final smashes by turning off the smashball item specifically but 'all items off' will only stop the smashball's appearance.
You could add this to your smash terms. Otherwise great guide.
That's not really necessary because I don't think any of us actually play with items. And, setting all items to "Off" and "None" stops Pity Final Smashes too.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
This is a really good guide, thanks to all that contributed<3

Top Bottom