• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marth Support Thread - Fire Emblem's First Lord is Confirmed!

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
hehe im definately getting it!! and i saw the trailer and ur right he is still alive! but i heard that he will only be playable on the first part of game:(its a rumor though im not shure yet

Okysho

Smash Ace
hehe im definately getting it!! and i saw the trailer and ur right he is still alive! but i heard that he will only be playable on the first part of game:(its a rumor though im not shure yet
WE can only find out tomorrow.... RADIANT DAWN RELEASED TOMORROWW!!! WOO!!!!

On that note, here's a little side thing I discovered that can happen in book 2 of Fire Emblem 3. Did you know you can change the story's ending by choosing to kill off Marth's sister Elis or not in the last chapter? This would completely alter the end of the story and the ending of FE3 would then vary from player to player.

Isn't that something to think about?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Personally, I too would like to see Roy de-cloned, but I think that because of his japanese popularity, he may be eliminated from the roster... that's just an assumption though...
In my oppinion, Roy got a 50/50 chances of returning, I mean, from the many pages i've seen (japanese, fan-made pages), and his game being the most liked of the GBA generation, we may see him either as an AT or Playable Character.

I have my doubts, it's a 50/50, but yeah he should be decloned.

On another note, I've seen that in FEDS the stylus of the DS is used to command your units around the map... I expected that.

Okysho

Smash Ace
In my oppinion, Roy got a 50/50 chances of returning, I mean, from the many pages i've seen (japanese, fan-made pages), and his game being the most liked of the GBA generation, we may see him either as an AT or Playable Character.

I have my doubts, it's a 50/50, but yeah he should be decloned.

On another note, I've seen that in FEDS the stylus of the DS is used to command your units around the map... I expected that.
I suppose you probably wouldn't be happy if he appeared as an AT, as most fans for a paticular character aren't... but I think that Since Nintendo's main reason for including him in Melee was for advertising, I can't say I really know what his chances are. It most definitely would have to be based on popularity of the character this time.

Having said that, You could totally see the Stylus-type control for Fire Emblem, you only need a directional pad and two or three buttons to play anyways.

As for that, Radiant Dawn uses the Wii mote sideways. Kinda saw that comming too, but I was hoping it'd use the point and click feature for that game

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I suppose you probably wouldn't be happy if he appeared as an AT, as most fans for a paticular character aren't... but I think that Since Nintendo's main reason for including him in Melee was for advertising, I can't say I really know what his chances are. It most definitely would have to be based on popularity of the character this time.

Having said that, You could totally see the Stylus-type control for Fire Emblem, you only need a directional pad and two or three buttons to play anyways.

As for that, Radiant Dawn uses the Wii mote sideways. Kinda saw that comming too, but I was hoping it'd use the point and click feature for that game
Well, I will be dissapointed, but I will still play Brawl, Ike is in, so will Marth, and maybe Sigurd, that at least makes most part of my dream FE reps (My dream FE reps: Marth, Sigurd, Roy and Ike, complete by far: 25%).

The lower area of the DS is used to move the units, and I think the upper area has the stats, displays battle scenes and displays conversations.

I just want a Wii, I don't know many details of the Wii... xD;

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I'm glad they did opt not to use the Wii's motion sensitivity in Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, with how many units you have to move, and remove again it would get rather.....annoying.

-Knight

Zevox

Smash Lord
I'm glad they did opt not to use the Wii's motion sensitivity in Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, with how many units you have to move, and remove again it would get rather.....annoying.

-Knight
Perhaps, but it would have been nice if the motion sensitivity was at least implemented as an option. I'm definitely getting Radiant Dawn tomorrow though regardless - its just too bad it'll probably take me a month to finish, with how much school and work I have. College and a part-time job can be a real pain sometimes.

Anyway, anyone think we ought to start collecting Marth support icons for the first post of the thread? I have the one in my signature, which was open to the public back on the old NSider forums, but no others, and no talent with images to make one myself.

Zevox

Okysho

Smash Ace
I just want a Wii, I don't know many details of the Wii... xD;
all you need to know is that there is motion sensetivity, a joystick attachment and the mote can be used as a cursor. And that the mote can be used sideways as a classing-looking controler, everything else you'll find out when you get the system... btw... isn't wii like.... not sold out everywhere anymore? so wouldn't you be able to get one now?

Kirby knight said:
That's true, but I still wish it were an option, like maybe... you could switch back and forth? not that it matters now... since they can't change the game

Zevox

Smash Lord
btw... isn't wii like.... not sold out everywhere anymore? so wouldn't you be able to get one now?
No, its still pretty well sold out everywhere, at least in my experience. Which is shocking for almost a year after the system's release. Either Nintendo has made far too few of them, or the Wii is just that popular.

Zevox

person701

Smash Journeyman
Man, I need you be more active so reeply some more :ohwell:

neither actually; we're talking about a literal shield.

in Marth's games the Fire Emblem was a shield (it's form is different in every Fire emblem game), which he needed to wield the Falchion. (thus, it would make sense that he would have it in Brawl if he still has the Falchion).

seeing as it's called the "Fire Emblem" wouldn't in make some sense that it would be related to some sort of Fire element? if so, then I think a huge swirling pillar of fire that surrounds him would be awesome... but only if the Fire emblem actually has fire type abilities (or else it wouldn't make sense. still awesome, would wouldn't make sense)
Tru dat^^
I didn't read throught the thread, but it's win.

I fully support this thread.:)
That's a shame. You really should read through it (though it may take some time:laugh:)
That'd be awesome! but apparently, Nintendo doesn't listen to petitions... that's just a rumour...
Not bad - I think I'll put that in the first post. Though it does make me think they probably left it off of him in Melee due to how similar it would look to Link. Its shape is pretty well identical to his Hylian Shield's, and the ruby in the center makes the design somewhat similar too (the Hylian Shield having the Triforce there and all).

Mayhaps his FS could take advantage of Falchion being the "sword of light." I recall that he used its powers to weaken Medeus, so perhaps when he does whatever for his FS, the sword glows and fires off beams of light that damage foes caught in them. Heck, if they did enough damage and went far enough, that could be his FS.

Zevox
You are like the god of ideas Zevox.

That's **** dude. And also, don't you think that would be a bit over powered?

NukeA6

Smash Master
That's **** dude. And also, don't you think that would be a bit over powered?
It is but that's just an example. I just hope Marth doesn't get an Omnislash FS like Link and Ike.

I was thinking of a shorter version of the Blasting Zone Limit Break like that's looks like a powerful version of his Shield Breaker and leaves a trail of blue flames. Hopefully, Sakurai will come up with something more creative like he did with Yoshi and Metaknight.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I approve of this topic. It's got plenty of good reasons as to why Marth should return, and why he's got such a great chance of returning.

Marth for Brawl! (I hope his update is soon.)

Okysho

Smash Ace
No, its still pretty well sold out everywhere, at least in my experience. Which is shocking for almost a year after the system's release. Either Nintendo has made far too few of them, or the Wii is just that popular.

Zevox
Hm... Nope Nintendo is THAT good. I'm actually from Canada, and in the city I'm in, Wiis manage to get around quite nicely, not that there's an enormous surplus, but there are enough satisfied people here that if someone wants a Wii there will be at least two or three in stores!

Ain't we lucky T Maj?

Okysho

Smash Ace
Perhaps, but it would have been nice if the motion sensitivity was at least implemented as an option. I'm definitely getting Radiant Dawn tomorrow though regardless - its just too bad it'll probably take me a month to finish, with how much school and work I have. College and a part-time job can be a real pain sometimes.
Yes, I actually probably won't be able to get it until the beginning of December. I'm in the School musical, which it's last show is Dec 2nd. (If brawl were released on the 3rd like it was planned it would have been a really nice reward for doing so great in the musical) and since I don't have a job yet, it makes the money crunch that much harder, not to mention around that time I'll be getting all my Final projects and will have to start studying for exams soon, luckilly for me, Exams finish right before Brawls release for me (gr 11 high school)

Anyway, anyone think we ought to start collecting Marth support icons for the first post of the thread? I have the one in my signature, which was open to the public back on the old NSider forums, but no others, and no talent with images to make one myself.
I've got the one in my siggy if you want, and I can always make more since I'm pretty good with photoshop!

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap, WHAT AN ARGUMENT. And I thought my pre-AT Goroh essays were good.

Please, sign me up for this support group!

This would probably not count as a miscellaneous subject, but I've got even more proof of Marth's popularity in Japan.

http://sbsearch.tm.land.to/sbros/index

SECOND ONLY TO LINK, Marth has the most websites dedicated to him on this Japanese Smash fan-index. True, it only refers to the number of artists/authors that posted sites about him, but it still seems to say something about his popularity. The top 5 most popular characters are:
Link リンク (168 sites as of 11/04)
Marth マルス (151 sites as of 11/04)
Roy ロイ (147 sites as of 11/04)
Kirby カービィ (144 sites as of 11/04)
Pikachu ピカチュウ (98 sites as of 11/04)
So it isn't necessarily because the artist might find Marth easy to draw (because Kirby is listed there too)- I have trouble drawing him myself!- it's just because he's flat out popular. The 3 Swordsmen are quite popular among worldly smash fans, especially the ladies. Too bad for Roy he's not gonna sit so cozy anymore.

Check out the artwork if you please!
Just take caution (mainly directed at the guys here) because some of the artists do draw shonen-ai/boy x boy love. I probably just changed everyone's minds with that.:laugh: But not ALL of the artists do, and you'll probably be able to tell if it is such a site if only two of their names are listed as keywords and if you can see two of the katakana in their names placed together in the description. リンマル = RinMaru (LinMar)= Link x Marth.

Ehh... I went off topic. Great argument, and PLEASE! Sign me up for the Marth support train. :)

Okysho

Smash Ace
Which look do you suppose they'll use? Something more along the lines of the original FE (i.e. FE3) or more modern like his melee/DS look?

A little side note on that, Taking another look at Sheeda, in FE3 and the anime, she had much bigger eyes, which portrayed the personality of a pampered little princess and somewhat of a ditz. But with this new design, it looks like they've completely changed her personality...

BTW RADIANT DAWN RELEASED TODAY!!! MUAYAYAYAUAAUAUAUAUAUAAUUAUAUA

NukeA6

Smash Master
Which look do you suppose they'll use? Something more along the lines of the original FE (i.e. FE3) or more modern like his melee/DS look?

A little side note on that, Taking another look at Sheeda, in FE3 and the anime, she had much bigger eyes, which portrayed the personality of a pampered little princess and somewhat of a ditz. But with this new design, it looks like they've completely changed her personality...

BTW RADIANT DAWN RELEASED TODAY!!! MUAYAYAYAUAAUAUAUAUAUAAUUAUAUA
Don't you think it is special that one of the updates today is the Fire Emblem theme?

I think Marth would have his Melee look or this:

I am very sure they will never use his FE1 look (the one where he wears a short skirt).

Zevox

Smash Lord
Holy crap, WHAT AN ARGUMENT. And I thought my pre-AT Goroh essays were good.

Please, sign me up for this support group!

This would probably not count as a miscellaneous subject, but I've got even more proof of Marth's popularity in Japan.

http://sbsearch.tm.land.to/sbros/index

SECOND ONLY TO LINK, Marth has the most websites dedicated to him on this Japanese Smash fan-index. True, it only refers to the number of artists/authors that posted sites about him, but it still seems to say something about his popularity. The top 5 most popular characters are:
Link リンク (168 sites as of 11/04)
Marth マルス (151 sites as of 11/04)
Roy ロイ (147 sites as of 11/04)
Kirby カービィ (144 sites as of 11/04)
Pikachu ピカチュウ (98 sites as of 11/04)
So it isn't necessarily because the artist might find Marth easy to draw (because Kirby is listed there too)- I have trouble drawing him myself!- it's just because he's flat out popular. The 3 Swordsmen are quite popular among worldly smash fans, especially the ladies. Too bad for Roy he's not gonna sit so cozy anymore.

Check out the artwork if you please!
Just take caution (mainly directed at the guys here) because some of the artists do draw shonen-ai/boy x boy love. I probably just changed everyone's minds with that.:laugh: But not ALL of the artists do, and you'll probably be able to tell if it is such a site if only two of their names are listed as keywords and if you can see two of the katakana in their names placed together in the description. リンマル = RinMaru (LinMar)= Link x Marth.

Ehh... I went off topic. Great argument, and PLEASE! Sign me up for the Marth support train. :)
Very interesting. I don't suppose you know of where I could find a translated version of the site, to make it easier for people to understand? Regardless, I'll add it as a note to the part about his popularity.

As for which look he'll use, I imagine it will be along the lines of his Melee one or DS one, since the former is what hes known by internationally at present and the latter is what he will be known by once that game comes out. The DS one might help with advertising for that, too, so that could play a role in their decision. Plus some people have said it makes him look less "girly," which was the main issue some people from the US at least seem to have with him (I don't see it doing so myself, but then again I never thought Marth looked like a girl *shrugs*).

Zevox

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
i had this friend that has no clue of fe and he sadly thought marth was a girl in the begining just the way he taunted in melee was...

btw radiant dawn is out but i gotta w8 till it comes to eu:( and my exams finish too just before brawl is released (11th grade hehe same as okysho)

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
yh he looks less girly than in melee the hair makes him look much better then be4

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I've got a Marth sig add-on here. It's not exactly a support for Brawl sig, but it's something.

Code:
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p130/trashydrummer/add-ons/marth.png

person701

Smash Journeyman
Don't you think it is special that one of the updates today is the Fire Emblem theme?

I think Marth would have his Melee look or this:

I am very sure they will never use his FE1 look (the one where he wears a short skirt).
That looks similar to his Melee costume. I'm not big on FE history, so please excuse me.
I've got a Marth sig add-on here. It's not exactly a support for Brawl sig, but it's something.

Code:
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p130/trashydrummer/add-ons/marth.png
I will gladly use:)

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Marth for Brawl. K. Support!

I don't really like how some people want Marth back just because of his [broken] abilities in Brawl... FE is a great series and I really am glad a lot of people want him in because he is such an important character to the series.

Fire Emblem happens to be my favorite series, second only to Smash Brothers XD

GenG

Smash Lord
Fire Emblem happens to be my favorite series, second only to Smash Brothers XD
I share the sentiment.

I'm also deceived with the lack of support the FE Theme had. I don't know what's so great about Rayquaza.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I want Marth to return because he is my favourite character in melee. I am not a professional player so I don't give a **** about tier lists and stuff. I just like his fighting style.

EPX2

Smash Ace
If anything, I'd say CF should finally be updated this week. We've gotten virtually no info regarding the F-Zero franchise.

Top Bottom