• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marth Support Thread - Fire Emblem's First Lord is Confirmed!

Zevox

Smash Lord
All added to the list :) . Good to see others still coming in after that initial rush died. And we've just passed 50 supporters, a nice little milestone on these boards.

And now the waiting game resumes...

Zevox

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
They need to get Marth out of the way.....ya know, to get rid of all this speculation if he will be replaced by Ike or not.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
They need to get Marth out of the way.....ya know, to get rid of all this speculation if he will be replaced by Ike or not.
We know for a fact he was not "replaced" by Ike. The only similarities between the two are that they are from the same game and a whole three attacks (he has more attacks in common with Link, I think that is mentioned in the first post).

Anyway, there is no speculation about him being replaced yet, it's just waiting for his announcement, or another FE character's announcement that has a chance to replace him... say, Roy, Sigurd, or another swordsman that might be fast.

I don't doubt Marth's return in the least, due to his upcoming game, international popularity via Smash Bros, and his popularity just in terms of his own FE games. After all, his game is getting a THIRD remake... how many games get remade three times? Not many :laugh:

Hong

The Strongest
All added to the list :) . Good to see others still coming in after that initial rush died. And we've just passed 50 supporters, a nice little milestone on these boards.
Missed me again. xP

It's funny because I've been reading this topic since it was made but have yet to get on the list of supporters.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Woops :embarrass . Gotcha now. Sorry about that. Probably missed that last post because it was made while I was replying to the same thing you were, and right after posting that reply I had to rush off to work.

Zevox

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
lol these last 2 weeks updates were so rubbish lets hope he comes this week! WE DON'T CARE ABOUT IKE SAKURAI BRING MARTH!!!

Mar~

Smash Apprentice
Today appear the blue Ike in the Smash Bros page, in the Training actualitation.

The sightly similary he has with Marth is terrible.

Dew!

Okysho

Smash Ace
We want Marth! We Want Marth! We Want Marth!!!!

I think we'll have to wait until early january, late december before we start getting any vetran unlockables from the privious smash bros. because of the delay. But I don't doubt that Sakurai will release them before brawl's japanese release

person701

Smash Journeyman

And now the waiting game resumes...

Zevox
Finally. I was wondering when we'd hit 50. As for waiting:

Patience is a virtue, but no one gets anywhere without a little impatience;)

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
We want Marth! We Want Marth! We Want Marth!!!!

I think we'll have to wait until early january, late december before we start getting any vetran unlockables from the privious smash bros. because of the delay. But I don't doubt that Sakurai will release them before brawl's japanese release
My thoughts exactly. As of right now no secret characters from either Smash64 or Melee have been revealed.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
My thoughts exactly. As of right now no secret characters from either Smash64 or Melee have been revealed.
Well, Falcon is pretty much coming up, he was unlockable in the first game but not the second. The only thing that might stand in his way is Sheik who was not unlockable at all. She will probably be revealed along with Zelda's special moves, or Sakurai will avoid her down B... which would almost confirm Sheik, or mindgame us to death.

Marth might end up an unlockable but we can't say for sure. If so, he probably has quite a while before he is revealed. Starter Marth would be awesome though.

EPX2

Smash Ace
I'm fully expecting both Marth and Mr. Game & Watch to become starters for the same reason I suspect Captain Falcon and Ness became starters in Melee. CF and Ness were the sole and main representatives of their respective franchises - every other main representative was given a starring role, so it'd make sense for those two to be bumped up to starting positions as well. Marth is widely considered to be the face of Fire Emblem (making him the main representative), so it's only appropriate that he be bumped up to the starting roster. Mr. Game & Watch is the only representative of his franchise, so it also makes sense for him to be bumped up as well.

I also think Jigglypuff should be bumped up, but just because I don't really see much reason to keep her unlockable. Luigi's moveset, I expect, will still share some similarities with Mario, so chances are that he'll remain unlockable. Not to mention, his entire character has been built on him being the second-string of the Mario franchise, so being a secret character complements him well. Jigglypuff's situation is very different from Luigi's - her moveset is unique and she's not notorious for being more of a background character.

person701

Smash Journeyman
I'm fully expecting both Marth and Mr. Game & Watch to become starters for the same reason I suspect Captain Falcon and Ness became starters in Melee. CF and Ness were the sole and main representatives of their respective franchises - every other main representative was given a starring role, so it'd make sense for those two to be bumped up to starting positions as well. Marth is widely considered to be the face of Fire Emblem (making him the main representative), so it's only appropriate that he be bumped up to the starting roster. Mr. Game & Watch is the only representative of his franchise, so it also makes sense for him to be bumped up as well.

I also think Jigglypuff should be bumped up, but just because I don't really see much reason to keep her unlockable. Luigi's moveset, I expect, will still share some similarities with Mario, so chances are that he'll remain unlockable. Not to mention, his entire character has been built on him being the second-string of the Mario franchise, so being a secret character complements him well. Jigglypuff's situation is very different from Luigi's - her moveset is unique and she's not notorious for being more of a background character.
So, so, so very true.

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
Ike is already a starter is he not? Unless, Ike is a secret character. I can't see them both on the starting roster.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Ike is already a starter is he not? Unless, Ike is a secret character. I can't see them both on the starting roster.
Why not? Ike is a popular FE lord (probably the most popular one from the internationally released FEs) and Marth is the face of Fire Emblem. They're both pretty prominent characters from FE and deserving of starring positions. Besides, it's not entirely unlikely that there will be an additional FE rep (making for a total of three), who would more than likely be a secret character.

Other franchises will have more than one starting character - Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Pokemon, and so on, so why not FE?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Does it really matter? whether they're starter or not? in about a week after getting the game you'll have unlocked them anyways...
As long as Falcon is still a starter I have something to work with since I main both him and Marth. Falcon was the only character I used in both SSB64 and Melee... he figure he will continue that tradition with Brawl.

Here is to Marth not getting completely and totally nerfed like Pikachu and Ness did in the 64-Melee change. *toasts*

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Marth is my main but i got a feeling that he is already in brawl so im not sweating. and if he is out i'll simply find a new main.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
No worries, I can't wait to down B my enemies in brawl with Marth (Even though I'm gonna main Pit).

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

Zevox

Smash Lord
Hey guys have you seen this yet?

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=127033

Either a roster with all characters or a roster with just starting characters will be announced by December 15th.
No, I hadn't seen that. Awesome - either way, it'll be nice to finally get that kind of information. I expect it'll just be the starting roster though; I really don't think Sakurai/Sora/Nintendo would allow a total roster revelation that early. Characters are the biggest hype-generator the Dojo has, after all, so they're going to save at least one big one for near the release.

Zevox

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I can't wait to see the roster (hopefully it will just be the starters, cause don't want to know all of them at once)
heres to Marth's appearence being based off his new game!!!

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Hey guys have you seen this yet?

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=127033

Either a roster with all characters or a roster with just starting characters will be announced by December 15th.
Heh, i'm lucky, I finish with my exams 3 days before that date.

I was kinda expecting this, but I wonder... if in the Dojo... all characters are shown, how we will see them? In the Character's Page or in the Main Page? I mean, the Main Page only shows five updates.

Heh, i'm interested in this.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Incredible! I had no idea that Nintando actually trusted 3rd party magazines! That's a miracle of miracles! I can't wait to see the roster! This is what we've been waiting for!
Actually, not to dissapoint ya, but this could be either good news or bad news, y'know.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Heh, i'm lucky, I finish with my exams 3 days before that date.

I was kinda expecting this, but I wonder... if in the Dojo... all characters are shown, how we will see them? In the Character's Page or in the Main Page? I mean, the Main Page only shows five updates.

Heh, i'm interested in this.
Either he'll add all of their profiles on the site (not very likely, in my opinion), or he'll do something similar to the Melee item update and post a list of all starters.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Wow, it's been a while since I've been on this thread..but now Marth has 50+ supporters at LEAST. That's awesome. I'm sure all of us Marth fans are positive that our favorite swordsman is coming back, but at least we have this thread to reassure any doubt in the Smash community's mind. Memembers of the Marth Support Thread eagerly await Marth's return in Brawl!!

Roy4theBrawl

Smash Cadet
I actually hope Sakurai thinks of some genious way to include Marth AND Roy in Brawl. Until then I can not wait to use Ike.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
its kinda a shame that they didn't make Roy a separate character from Marth in melee, with his own moves and all

Zevox

Smash Lord
its kinda a shame that they didn't make Roy a separate character from Marth in melee, with his own moves and all
True, but given how rushed Melee was, its also understandable. Its incredible what they managed to do with it with under a year to work on it.

Zevox

Zevox

Smash Lord
Rushed? They've been working on it for over two years. Unless the average video game takes longer to develop than I've been under the impression they do, thats not rushed in any sense.

Zevox

EPX2

Smash Ace
True, but given how rushed Melee was, its also understandable. Its incredible what they managed to do with it with under a year to work on it.
Which is why I can't figure out, for the life of me, why people are being so pessimistic in regards to the final character roster. Honestly, over two years to work on the game and people are expecting only 30 or so characters? Come on.

The thing about that is, Brawl is pretty rushed too don't you think? That's probably why there was a delay anyways... because they didin't want to hald *** some of the stuff like in Melee
Uhh... that's pretty contradictory. If Brawl were indeed being rushed, there wouldn't have been any delay. We'd be preparing to play the game in about two weeks, rather than about two and half months.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
yh and the game would suck but we would have marth confirmed earlier

Top Bottom