• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
Will projectile reflecting/absorbing/countering characters completely counter Mega Man? Or will those shields Ness and Lucas have only activate for a certain amount of time?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Will projectile reflecting/absorbing/countering characters completely counter Mega Man? Or will those shields Ness and Lucas have only activate for a certain amount of time?
You know how Reflect/Absorb-happy ppl get when Samus has charged her Charge Shot, often resulting in them abusing it to the point were they get a disadvantage.
When fighting Mega Man, that bad habit is gonna cripple some ppl 24/7.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
You know how Reflect/Absorb-happy ppl get when Samus has charged her Charge Shot, often resulting in them abusing it to the point were they get a disadvantage.
When fighting Mega Man, that bad habit is gonna cripple some ppl 24/7.
To add to your point, another important thing to remember is angles. No other character can cover the vast amount of angles with different projectiles as Mega Man can. Sure they can reflect it back, but guess what, you're not going to be there anymore.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
FINALLY OTHER PEOPLE SEEM TO REALIZE REFLECTORS AREN'T AUTO-COUNTER TO MEGAMAN

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow they're really betting on the game being a mega hit (no pun intended).

Still the trailer is cute, so if they have some good writers (presumably who are Mega Man fans) I can see this show turning out well. Though I'll have to hear more about the actual game first.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wow they're really betting on the game being a mega hit (no pun intended).

Still the trailer is cute, so if they have some good writers (presumably who are Mega Man fans) I can see this show turning out well. Though I'll have to hear more about the actual game first.
The game itself is getting another kickstarter so they can shove in more content into Mighty No 9. (And I think they underestimated the cost of voice acting since it's one of the first things there.)

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The game itself is getting another kickstarter so they can shove in more content into Mighty No 9. (And I think they underestimated the cost of voice acting since it's one of the first things there.)
Another kickstarter!? Why am I now only hearing about that? lol

Comcept certainly is riding a lot on this game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm mostly just interested in the game. As long as that game gets released when it's supposed to, and I can play it, I'm happy. Didn't think it would get a show though. Comcept really wants Mighty No 9 to be a hit don't they? Hopefully they are at least successful with this project.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Wow. What kind of deal has Nintendo made with Capcom!? Not even SEGA got a Puzzle despite their 3 game & Smash deal.
They only got Mario and Sonic in the London 2012 Olympic Games, and I think that's about it.

One can only wonder....

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's probably been asked before, but... how do you guys feel about Rock being somewhat emotionless?
It's a little strange. Normally Megaman is shown to be a happy kid. Even though he is a robot, he's shown to have some "complex" emotions, well complex enough for a series that doesn't focus on story. Not to say that the Smash incarnation is a bad interpretation of Megaman. Because what expressions he does have, look more like the NES Megaman. In those games, he doesn't emote much, because he doesn't really have to.

In newer pictures you can see that Megaman does smile in his taunts or his winpose. And certain moves have him grit his teeth, so he does emote a little more. But again, this version of Megaman acts alot like the NES version, both with his movements and his expressions.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It's probably been asked before, but... how do you guys feel about Rock being somewhat emotionless?
I don't mind it. He looks just like he looked in the NES games except in HD 3D. Heck, even in Megaman 8, the closest MM game to current gen in terms of graphics, had a pretty serious/emotionless looking Megaman.
So I think he's staying pretty loyal to the games. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but in the victory sequence, he does get happy, and that's a nod to his own victory sequences in MM games, or the cutscenes from MM8.

So... I like him just as he is. Don't know why he should be over-emotional in battle. Being emotionless in the heat of a fight, and then being happy when the battle's over shows exactly what Megaman is. He's a weapon, but he also has a human heart that loves peace.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Moveset Analysis:

Greatest strengths: Long range combat, KO power, range

Greatest weaknesses: Close combat, mobility

For any fans of the Mega Man series, you’ll probably be pleased to know that the Blue Bomber feels exactly how you’d expect him to in Smash. His jumping and shooting movement is very well-imported, and the Robot Master powers represented in his moveset are really cool. Lots of his attacks are projectiles or have disjointed hitboxes (the part of the attack that deals damage isn’t connected to his body), which makes him interesting and somewhat comparable to a character like Link. However, he certainly plays like his own brand of beast. He’s powerful and can fight from a distance, but he’s not too fast at moving around nor adept at fighting up close.

Jab/Forward tilt/Neutral air – Mega Buster – 3 cannon (jab/forward tilt), 4 cannon (neutral air), 2 bullet Mega Man’s jab, forward tilt, and neutral air are merged into one move, which is exactly like what walking/jumping and shooting are in his native series. The bullets travel a pretty short distance and inflict minimal damage/knockback/hitstun, but he can fire three at a time in quick succession. Not having a traditional jab or forward tilt makes it difficult for Mega Man to get opponents off of him at a close distance, but he can use these moves to supplement his keepaway game.

Up tilt – Mega Upper – 17 close, 12 mid, 8 far

Mega Man does his Mega Upper from the Marvel vs. Capcom games. This move is REALLY powerful, especially for a tilt, and he jumps pretty high. The later in his jump that the move connects, the less powerful it is, but that also means it has active hitboxes for a long time.

Down tilt – slide – 9 strong, 5 weak

Mega Man crouches low and slides a bit forward. One of his few close-up tools.

Dash attack –
Top Spin – 10 (mulit-hit)

Mega Man spins and catches opponents in his whirl, hitting them multiple times and then sending them away.

Forward smash – Charge Shot – 12-20

Mega Man fires a huge Buster shot that varies in size, travel distance, and power depending on charge time. This is definitely going to be highly useful since it’s a projectile and a KO move.

Up smash
– Spark Shock – 18-26

Mega Man turns his arms into spark plugs and raises them above his head, creating a strong current. Lots of damage, lots of power, good range.

Down smash – Flame Blast– 17-24

Two fire pillars come out of the ground from Mega Man’s arms. This move is significantly less powerful than people initially estimated from the early Mega Man footage where it did over 40%…just goes to show what can change while a game is still in development!
That said, it still seems potent because it covers both sides of him simultaneously and has solid reach.

Forward air
– Flame Sword – 8

A fire sword comes out of Mega Man’s arm and he slashes the air in front of him. Not particularly powerful, but definitely a good and quick move.

Back air
– Slash Claw – 3, 4, 5

Mega Man slices behind him three times, each with slightly increasing damage. Quick with good range and damage, adding to his already dangerous aerial repertoire.

Up air – Air Shooter – 6 (3 hits)

Slightly akin to Mr. Game & Watch’s up air from Brawl, Mega Man shoots a tornado above his head that travels quite far upward at a slight angle and carries opponents with it. This can be chained repeatedly to carry foes off the top of the screen.

Down air – Hard Knuckle – 14 close, 12 far

Mega Man blasts a mechanical fist below him. The projectile is a meteor smash, and it’s a little stronger if you’re closer to Mega Man. This will likely be a staple in Mega Man’s edgeguarding game, and it will also make him more difficult to juggle.

Neutral B – Metal Blades – 3, 3

The famous Metal Blades are Mega Man’s neutral B, but they’re not as wildly powerful as they were in Mega Man 2. They actually do pretty low damage, but they strike twice when he initially shoots them. The Metal Blades are an item projectile, meaning that they can be caught, picked up, and thrown.

Side B
– Crash Bomber – 4

Another iconic power, Mega Man can stick these to his opponents like Snake’s C4 in Brawl or the Gooey Bomb item. They detonate after a few seconds and inflict minor damage, but they’ll definitely be a very important part of his arsenal because opponents will have to watch their backs as long as there’s a bomb on them.

Up B – Rush Coil – 0

Mega Man calls in his buddy Rush and bounces off a spring on his back. This attack deals no damage, but it also doesn’t put Mega Man in the helpless state, so he can act after springing. He gets a decent boost, so his recovery is pretty good.

Down B – Leaf Shield – 2 per hit rotating, 4 projectile

Pressing down B summons the Leaf Shield, which will eat up a few projectiles and whisk nearby opponents for a little bit of damage. Another press of down B will send the shield flying at opponents, which isn’t particularly strong, but it’s a big projectile nonetheless.
Source: http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/competitive-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds/

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
PLEASE let them buy Megaman.

I love Mighty#9 and all, but I'd still miss the classic blue bomber, you know?
So far SSB4 is the closest we've gotten to a 3D classic Megaman sidescroller game.

...oh right I forgot Powered Up.

AirShad

Smash Cadet
PLEASE let them buy Megaman.

I love Mighty#9 and all, but I'd still miss the classic blue bomber, you know?
So far SSB4 is the closest we've gotten to a 3D classic Megaman sidescroller game.

...oh right I forgot Powered Up.
That and hopefully they can continue legends... I mean it's 2014 we need a full 3D world for Rock.

Iaeyan Elyuex

Smash Rookie
I was overjoyed when this guy was announced. I started geeking out. I'm already pacing waiting for this game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, it'd be cool if they were collaborated on a new Megaman title. Not too sure if it'll happen though. But I would like to think that Capcom understands that the series is popular. They just need go all out for a newer title.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom