• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yessir! I got your guys' back still.

To me it's a no brainer as to whether he should be in the game or not. It's the political BS that's ruining his chances. Is the relationship between Capcom and Nintendo solid enough to where Nintendo would approach Capcom? Would Capcom give Inafune the satisfaction of having his creation in such a popular game like Smash Bros after their rift?

It's sad that those are the factors but they are. I wish I could just worry about whether we were getting classic or X lol
I don't think we should be worried about Capcom in regards to whenever or not Mega Man will be included. Now it's true that they won't be pushing for Mega Man's inclusion, but I doubt Capcom is against having Mega Man in the next Smash. They have, after all, allowed him in Project X Zone and the comic book series Worlds Collide, indicating that Capcom still allows Mega Man in cross-overs.

The question lies in whenever or not Sakurai will go after Mega Man this game. Mega Man has the benefit of being a video game icon, being probably the most wanted newcomer, (though not the same scale of Sonic), his popularity for Smash extending back to pre-Melee time and even some interest from Capcom of Japan (Yoshinori Ono in particular). I'm not sure if this will be enough, but it does give Mega Man a good résumé for a third-party and I'd say he has the best chance out of any new third-party.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
i'm kinda wondering what would his reocovery be?
Meet Beat.
In Mega Man 7, Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10, Beat will appear when Mega Man falls into a pit and carries him for a while. The player must move to a safe area before Beat releases Mega Man, as he can not hold his weight for too long.

So, Beat is literally how Mega Man would recover from falling into pits, and he gets my vote.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I don't think we should be worried about Capcom in regards to whenever or not Mega Man will be included. Now it's true that they won't be pushing for Mega Man's inclusion, but I doubt Capcom is against having Mega Man in the next Smash. They have, after all, allowed him in Project X Zone and the comic book series Worlds Collide, indicating that Capcom still allows Mega Man in cross-overs.

The question lies in whenever or not Sakurai will go after Mega Man this game. Mega Man has the benefit of being a video game icon, being probably the most wanted newcomer, (though not the same scale of Sonic), his popularity for Smash extending back to pre-Melee time and even some interest from Capcom of Japan (Yoshinori Ono in particular). I'm not sure if this will be enough, but it does give Mega Man a good résumé for a third-party and I'd say he has the best chance out of any new third-party.
Agreed. Well that's one hurdle cleared. Other than Pac-Man because of Namco's involvement, I agree he has the best chances.

In regards to his recovery I think there are several options which have been suggested:

1) Rush Coil
2) Rush Jet
3) Rush fusion (jet-pack sort of thing)
4) Beat

Any one of those make sense. I would prefer probably 2 or 3 since I think the Beat recovery might be too slow. But it just depends how they would implement it.

That's the beauty of putting Mega Man in. He has so many moves from his games that naturally fit into Smash move sets.

FourStar

Smash Ace
Meet Beat.
In Mega Man 7, Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10, Beat will appear when Mega Man falls into a pit and carries him for a while. The player must move to a safe area before Beat releases Mega Man, as he can not hold his weight for too long.

So, Beat is literally how Mega Man would recover from falling into pits, and he gets my vote.
OMG I LOVE IT :pikachu:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I could see Beat being used for Megaman's recovery move. And Rush helping with the Final Smash. No real need to have anyone else help Megaman besides those two.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Whatttt, no Eddie?
(I agree).

I always liked Auto
for no particular reason. Probably because I liked his Mega Man X miniboss cameo.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
What about... REGGAE?

Clearly, what should happen is to have Reggae hang out on Mega Man's back and peck at his enemies. Sometimes even Mega Man could ride him.

MEGA MAN KAZOOIE FOR SMASH.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Beat = Up Special
Rush = Final Smash
Proto Man = AT

Mega Man has all the help he needs.
Yeah, I agree with definitely agree with this. Though if by some unlikely reason, It'd be cool if Zero was an Assist Trophy too, though Protoman fits the job pretty well on his own. Speaking of the Megaman X series, you know else could make an interesting AT? Axl. I say this because it'd be cool to see if his copy powers were implemented to help you fight. But that's very unlikely seeing as how that's what Ditto was supposed to be in Melee.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yeah, I agree with definitely agree with this. Though if by some unlikely reason, It'd be cool if Zero was an Assist Trophy too, though Protoman fits the job pretty well on his own. Speaking of the Megaman X series, you know else could make an interesting AT? Axl. I say this because it'd be cool to see if his copy powers were implemented to help you fight. But that's very unlikely seeing as how that's what Ditto was supposed to be in Melee.
dude, technology has gotten better since melee.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
@legendofrob1 Yeah, I know. But seeing as how Ditto(or any other copy characters)weren't implemented in Brawl, I guessing that the whole idea was dropped. Though it'd be cool to see it come to fruition someday.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think it's less a question of technology and more a question of how much work it'd take to implement that... I feel like the designers would want to avoid features that get harder to implement when other features grow. I bet they already dislike how much work they have to do for Kirby's hats.

In the end, it's probably best for Assist Trophies to be fairly simple.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So I know this sin't strictly Smash 4 related, but is there anyone here looking forward to Megaman X: Corrupted?

D

Deleted member

In regards to his recovery I think there are several options which have been suggested:

1) Rush Coil
2) Rush Jet
3) Rush fusion (jet-pack sort of thing)
4) Beat

Any one of those make sense. I would prefer probably 2 or 3 since I think the Beat recovery might be too slow. But it just depends how they would implement it.
I think the fusion with Rush would work better as a Final Smash if you ask me.

My preference is #2 or #4 for his recovery move.
That's the beauty of putting Mega Man in. He has so many moves from his games that naturally fit into Smash move sets.
This. Along with the fundamental moves that he possess (even more if we get to X), Mega Man has a ton of Robot Master moves to work with. Chances are that none of us will figure out how exactly Mega Man will play, which makes things even more excited.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
So I know this sin't strictly Smash 4 related, but is there anyone here looking forward to Megaman X: Corrupted?
I hadn't seen it yet, but it looks pretty awesome. I'll play it for sure, though Flash games like that never feel nearly as good as actually playing them with a controller.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I hadn't seen it yet, but it looks pretty awesome. I'll play it for sure, though Flash games like that never feel nearly as good as actually playing them with a controller.
http://www-en.jtksoft.net/

The OST is amazing. I seriously wish some of the songs could be in Smash 4. This, this, and this are my faves.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Huh, cool- maybe I'll grab a USB controller someday... Heck, I spend a lot of my time programming Flash games, I'd probably enjoy playing my own games more with a controller, hah.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Answer my questions:

1) What think about the Robot Masters being the Polygon Team?
2) Do you watched / played Super Adventure Rockman? A videogame from Sega Saturn. The story mode can fit with this.
3) The E Tanks (from Megaman) could replace the Maxim Tomatoes (from Kirby series)?
4) Why Dr. Wily wasn't in Wreck-it Ralph movie?
5) How must be the plot during the story mode? The player invades the Dr. Wily Fortress?
6) And Megaman during the break the targets?

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
1) That'd be awesome.
2) How so?
3) I don't think they'd replace them- more likely, they'd coexist.
5) That's the most likely plot involving Wily, but its really hard to predict how the adventure mode would go. Even if Mega Man gets in, they're likely to handle him like they did the third parties in Brawl- by completely ignoring their original franchise when it comes to the story mode.
6) What about it?

D

Deleted member

I am going to post the thread on GameFAQs now. Wish me luck (unfortunately I have to edit out the Street Fighter X Tekken section in my fifth counterargument for now since I haven't found anything that wouldn't get easily refuted) and let's hope it turns out more like this thread and less like the hell hole I'm fearing it'lll be.
Answer my questions:

1) What think about the Robot Masters being the Polygon Team?
2) Do you watched / played Super Adventure Rockman? A videogame from Sega Saturn. The story mode can fit with this.
3) The E Tanks (from Megaman) could replace the Maxim Tomatoes (from Kirby series)?
4) Why Dr. Wily wasn't in Wreck-it Ralph movie?
5) How must be the plot during the story mode? The player invades the Dr. Wily Fortress?
6) And Megaman during the break the targets?
1. Would rather have the Robot Masters as mini-bosses in the game and have them as trophies/stickers.
2. No and given it's poor reception, it's probably good it didn't come out of Japan anyway. Inafune even apologized for the game.
3. No. It should co-exist.
4. Not sure. Could be because Capcom decided to pull him out because they were already repped with Zangeif and M. Bison or that Disney decided not to pay for Wily.
5. I think Dr. Wily Fortress can be a stage (although unlikely), but I don't think it should be the main focal point.
6. I'd say it should look like a platform-action stage from Mega Man's titles.

Edit: Thread is posted on GameFAQs. Let's see what happens.

That One Kid

Smash Rookie
Personally, if I had to choose between which Mega Man incarnation to include in Smash 4, It'd be a tossup between X and Volnutt for me.

Why those two?

Well, let's sit back and consider why I'd say Volnutt. Yes, it's partially because I'm a Legends fanboy, and the guy needs some exposure. Has he been on a Nintendo platform? Yes, he had a port of Legends on the N64, aptly named Mega Man 64. Not only that, Legends 3 was SUPPOSED to be released on the 3DS. Would that be good enough to get him in? Who knows; Snake had a port of MGS on the Gameboy Color, and The Twin Snakes on the Gamecube, not to mention the large number of Metal Gear games on the NES, though those are oft-forgotten in comparison to the Metal Gear Solid titles.

Volnutt also had a taste of the Fighting Game scene in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, as well, where his playstyle involved swapping his sub weapons which game him a large variety of specials, finishers and the like. This brings me to my next subject of discussion; Volnutt's moveset.

It'd come as no surprise that his moves would mainly consist of punching and kicking. However, he wouldn't be the kind of character that'd fall under the "Mash A and win" flag. His moves would focus more on pushing back or stunning the opponent, with a strong focus on kicking, as his legs have a far greater reach than his arms do.

His Special Moves would center around the use of his various Sub Weapons, though his Buster Gun would take up the regular B button slot, with the classic 3-shot burst most Mega Men are known for. Since Volnutt's Buster Gun, unlike most of the other series protagonists, is incapable of charging, the individual shots would have to provide a decent amount of punch and knockback, similar to Falco's blaster.

His Smash B would be him rushing forward with his Drill Arm for a set distance, and then stopping to spin the drill itself, which would spin indefinitely until the B button is released. The main objective, when using this move, would be to rush forward, and catch the opponent in the deeper part of the drill's hitbox, as the drill would push the opponent forward, out of the hitbox.

His Down B would be the setting of his Splash Mines, which would work on a timer or contact, and detonate within a small radius the mine itself designed to knock the opponent on their back, allowing the player to either close in for a combo, or make a quick getaway.

His Up B/Recovery gave me a bit of trouble, as Volnutt has no helper animal that can allow him to reach new heights, like Mega Man and Rush. Though Data is his companion, his primary function is (natch) data backup. (That, or being a punching bag, which I'm sure many a player wished they could do to the little monkey sometimes.) So, my first thought was to incorporate Data into the Up B by summoning the little furball, functioning like Mega Man's Mega Ball from MM8 when jumped upon, or acting like a Koopa Shell with limited range when kicked or picked up and thrown.

His Final Smash, assuming they return in Smash 4, would be him equipping the Shining Laser, staying in one place, and firing away with impunity for a set amount of time, causing massive amounts of damage to any poor sap caught in the beam. Thankfully, it can't penetrate walls or platforms, so the best defense against this Final Smash would be to find a wall or platform and hope that the laser can't reach.

==========

On the other end of the spectrum, we have Mega Man X.

He got his start on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, where he went through three games before he migrated to the Playstation with Mega Man X4. He also had two games on the Gameboy Color; Mega Man Xtreme, and Xtreme 2.

A few years later, he had two cross-platform releases on the Playstation 2 and Gamecube with Mega Man X Command Mission and the Mega Man X Collection.

In contrast to Volnutt and his older brother, Mega Man, X himself has had no playable appearances in any Capcom produced or co-produced games, though he has had his fair share of cameos.

Moving on to X's moves, (heh) he would most likely adhere to the classic "punch punch kick uppercut" combo. He'd be speedier than Volnutt, but consequently, would not be able to pack as much of a punch. (heh heh, two for two.)

For his Special Moves, he would use Special Weapons from Mega Man X4. His Standard B move would, of course, be his X Buster, which you could charge. Unlike Samus, you could move while doing so, though the fully charged shot would be smaller and faster than one of Samus' fully charged shots. His mid-charged shot would be, of course, half as strong, but would have an electrifying property to it. Of course, you could forego charging, and spam the lemons, of which there could only be 3 of each of those shots on screen at a time.

For his Smash B, he would fire the Double Cyclone, which, like the actual weapon, would move forward, then curve upward after a set distance. Provided a character is light enough, they may be carried by the wind-based weapon, so it'd be safer to use a heavier character if this weapon is shot at you.

For his Down B, the Ground Hunter special weapon would make the most sense. Up to 3 can be on the screen at the same time, and they can travel down walls, but not up, disappearing upon impact with an opponent or a destructible piece of the environment.

His Up B/Recovery move would be him using the charged version of the Rising Fire special weapon. As such, there would be a couple of seconds before X actually uses the move, where he would be vulnerable to attack.

His Final Smash would be him equipping the Ultimate Armor for a set time, which would decrease the charge time of his X Buster, as well as increasing the size of the Fully Charged shot, and giving it the signature three Plasma Orbs that are left behind as it travels through an enemy or destructible object. His Smash and Down B moves would be the Fully Charged versions of the Double Cyclone and Ground Hunter, respectively, and his Up B would be replaced with the Nova Strike, which, not only would it allow him to move up a little ways, but cover a decent distance in a short time. He would gain a third "jump" in this form, which would come in the form of an ability to hover left and right for a short time thanks to his Hover Boots.

Alternatively, we could go with an X1/X2 inspired moveset for his Special Moves.

His Standard B would remain unchanged, however, his Smash B would be the Hadoken, albeit nowhere near as powerful as it would be in the actual Mega Man X game. His Up B would be the Shoryuken, which, like the actual Street Fighter move, and Luigi's Up B, depending on where the opponent is on impact, the opponent may be engulfed in flames, though unlike Luigi's Up B, this will not send the opponent flying upwards.The Down B would be X firing the Rolling Shield special move, which will roll along the ground until it falls off the stage, reaches a wall, or "explodes" upon hitting an opponent, or destructible piece of the environment. His Final Smash would be the Giga Crash, which would involve him moving to the center of the stage, and several shots being fired from the top and bottom of the screen, These move fast, hit hard, and are unimpeded by obstacles, but are small in size. The best way to avoid this attack would be to time your dodge right, or risk using your shield. If you're in the wrong location, chances are, your shield may be broken, and you'll be left open to attack.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
If you think that Megaman Legends would be in Smash Bros, you're wrong.
Classic Megaman can fit very well in the Super Smash Bros, and everyone agreed with this.
By the way, Super Smash Bros is really astarisborn94 in Capcom forums?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Personally, if I had to choose between which Mega Man incarnation to include in Smash 4, It'd be a tossup between X and Volnutt for me.

Why those two?

Well, let's sit back and consider why I'd say Volnutt. Yes, it's partially because I'm a Legends fanboy, and the guy needs some exposure. Has he been on a Nintendo platform? Yes, he had a port of Legends on the N64, aptly named Mega Man 64. Not only that, Legends 3 was SUPPOSED to be released on the 3DS. Would that be good enough to get him in? Who knows; Snake had a port of MGS on the Gameboy Color, and The Twin Snakes on the Gamecube, not to mention the large number of Metal Gear games on the NES, though those are oft-forgotten in comparison to the Metal Gear Solid titles.

Volnutt also had a taste of the Fighting Game scene in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, as well, where his playstyle involved swapping his sub weapons which game him a large variety of specials, finishers and the like. This brings me to my next subject of discussion; Volnutt's moveset.

It'd come as no surprise that his moves would mainly consist of punching and kicking. However, he wouldn't be the kind of character that'd fall under the "Mash A and win" flag. His moves would focus more on pushing back or stunning the opponent, with a strong focus on kicking, as his legs have a far greater reach than his arms do.

His Special Moves would center around the use of his various Sub Weapons, though his Buster Gun would take up the regular B button slot, with the classic 3-shot burst most Mega Men are known for. Since Volnutt's Buster Gun, unlike most of the other series protagonists, is incapable of charging, the individual shots would have to provide a decent amount of punch and knockback, similar to Falco's blaster.

His Smash B would be him rushing forward with his Drill Arm for a set distance, and then stopping to spin the drill itself, which would spin indefinitely until the B button is released. The main objective, when using this move, would be to rush forward, and catch the opponent in the deeper part of the drill's hitbox, as the drill would push the opponent forward, out of the hitbox.

His Down B would be the setting of his Splash Mines, which would work on a timer or contact, and detonate within a small radius the mine itself designed to knock the opponent on their back, allowing the player to either close in for a combo, or make a quick getaway.

His Up B/Recovery gave me a bit of trouble, as Volnutt has no helper animal that can allow him to reach new heights, like Mega Man and Rush. Though Data is his companion, his primary function is (natch) data backup. (That, or being a punching bag, which I'm sure many a player wished they could do to the little monkey sometimes.) So, my first thought was to incorporate Data into the Up B by summoning the little furball, functioning like Mega Man's Mega Ball from MM8 when jumped upon, or acting like a Koopa Shell with limited range when kicked or picked up and thrown.

His Final Smash, assuming they return in Smash 4, would be him equipping the Shining Laser, staying in one place, and firing away with impunity for a set amount of time, causing massive amounts of damage to any poor sap caught in the beam. Thankfully, it can't penetrate walls or platforms, so the best defense against this Final Smash would be to find a wall or platform and hope that the laser can't reach.

==========

On the other end of the spectrum, we have Mega Man X.

He got his start on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, where he went through three games before he migrated to the Playstation with Mega Man X4. He also had two games on the Gameboy Color; Mega Man Xtreme, and Xtreme 2.

A few years later, he had two cross-platform releases on the Playstation 2 and Gamecube with Mega Man X Command Mission and the Mega Man X Collection.

In contrast to Volnutt and his older brother, Mega Man, X himself has had no playable appearances in any Capcom produced or co-produced games, though he has had his fair share of cameos.

Moving on to X's moves, (heh) he would most likely adhere to the classic "punch punch kick uppercut" combo. He'd be speedier than Volnutt, but consequently, would not be able to pack as much of a punch. (heh heh, two for two.)

For his Special Moves, he would use Special Weapons from Mega Man X4. His Standard B move would, of course, be his X Buster, which you could charge. Unlike Samus, you could move while doing so, though the fully charged shot would be smaller and faster than one of Samus' fully charged shots. His mid-charged shot would be, of course, half as strong, but would have an electrifying property to it. Of course, you could forego charging, and spam the lemons, of which there could only be 3 of each of those shots on screen at a time.

For his Smash B, he would fire the Double Cyclone, which, like the actual weapon, would move forward, then curve upward after a set distance. Provided a character is light enough, they may be carried by the wind-based weapon, so it'd be safer to use a heavier character if this weapon is shot at you.

For his Down B, the Ground Hunter special weapon would make the most sense. Up to 3 can be on the screen at the same time, and they can travel down walls, but not up, disappearing upon impact with an opponent or a destructible piece of the environment.

His Up B/Recovery move would be him using the charged version of the Rising Fire special weapon. As such, there would be a couple of seconds before X actually uses the move, where he would be vulnerable to attack.

His Final Smash would be him equipping the Ultimate Armor for a set time, which would decrease the charge time of his X Buster, as well as increasing the size of the Fully Charged shot, and giving it the signature three Plasma Orbs that are left behind as it travels through an enemy or destructible object. His Smash and Down B moves would be the Fully Charged versions of the Double Cyclone and Ground Hunter, respectively, and his Up B would be replaced with the Nova Strike, which, not only would it allow him to move up a little ways, but cover a decent distance in a short time. He would gain a third "jump" in this form, which would come in the form of an ability to hover left and right for a short time thanks to his Hover Boots.

Alternatively, we could go with an X1/X2 inspired moveset for his Special Moves.

His Standard B would remain unchanged, however, his Smash B would be the Hadoken, albeit nowhere near as powerful as it would be in the actual Mega Man X game. His Up B would be the Shoryuken, which, like the actual Street Fighter move, and Luigi's Up B, depending on where the opponent is on impact, the opponent may be engulfed in flames, though unlike Luigi's Up B, this will not send the opponent flying upwards.The Down B would be X firing the Rolling Shield special move, which will roll along the ground until it falls off the stage, reaches a wall, or "explodes" upon hitting an opponent, or destructible piece of the environment. His Final Smash would be the Giga Crash, which would involve him moving to the center of the stage, and several shots being fired from the top and bottom of the screen, These move fast, hit hard, and are unimpeded by obstacles, but are small in size. The best way to avoid this attack would be to time your dodge right, or risk using your shield. If you're in the wrong location, chances are, your shield may be broken, and you'll be left open to attack.
I do like your idea of Megaman X.Though I had a different idea on how Megaman X could work in Smash Bros. I think that alot of his Punching and Kicking moves would likely be borrowed from Megaman in Marvel vs Capcom and Volnutt in Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Not to say he couldn't have a few normal attacks on his own, because he could. I personally see him using mostly kicks for his A attacks like Fox, for one reason or another. As for his special moves, as I said I do like your ideas but had something different in mind. I also think that the charged Rising Fire could work as his Up-B, obviously working as a recovery attack. His Side-B could be the charged Speed Burner from Megaman X2, I think would act as his main horizontal recovery attack. Down-B could be Frost Tower from Megaman X4, or possibly another force-field weapon. The Frost Tower could have a sweet spot that causes the opponent to freeze even at 0%. His Smash attacks could use a few other weapons in the X series, like Triad Thunder and the Drill Punch(I forget the actual name of it though)from Megaman X3. Though Megaman X's Final Smash should definitely be one of his armors. Most likely the First Armor or Ultimate Armor.

D

Deleted member

If you think that Megaman Legends would be in Smash Bros, you're wrong.
Classic Megaman can fit very well in the Super Smash Bros, and everyone agreed with this.
By the way, Super Smash Bros is really astarisborn94 in Capcom forums?
Doesn't hurt to entertain it though. There's a reason why this thread is about Mega Man in general rather than just Classic Mega Man.

And yes, I am astarisborn94 on Capcom-Unity.

The GameFAQs thread is going really well, which I really like. For now, it's probably for the best to avoid much discussion of Mega Man's chances given how hostile the arguments can get.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Mega Man NEEDS to be in SSB this time. I really hope Capcom approaches with him in mind (it IS Mega Man's anniversary, if they're not going to make a game, at least... borrow his rights for this game).

I'll most likely get really depressed if I see Ryu instead. But.. eh, as far as a game can get me depressed of course. I bet there will be some great 1st party additions (and if not, Samus will always be there).

Anyway:

Final Smash has to be Rush Jet (shooting 3-way plasma bursts) + Auto (wielding a bazooka), + Eddy (dropping bombs) + Beat (shooting straight ahead)
((Taken from Megaman 8, Tengu Man's stage & Wily Stage 2)).

Assist Tropy: Protoman whistles, and teleports in, and starts firing on everyone (Mega Man 3 style).

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Mega Man NEEDS to be in SSB this time. I really hope Capcom approaches with him in mind (it IS Mega Man's anniversary, if they're not going to make a game, at least... borrow his rights for this game).

I'll most likely get really depressed if I see Ryu instead. But.. eh, as far as a game can get me depressed of course. I bet there will be some great 1st party additions (and if not, Samus will always be there).

Anyway:

Final Smash has to be Rush Jet (shooting 3-way plasma bursts) + Auto (wielding a bazooka), + Eddy (dropping bombs) + Beat (shooting straight ahead)
((Taken from Megaman 8, Tengu Man's stage & Wily Stage 2)).

Assist Tropy: Protoman whistles, and teleports in, and starts firing on everyone (Mega Man 3 style).
The proto man AT sounds awesome, It would make people fear his whistle, lol.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
For everyone saying that Sonic is a bad character don't realize that Sonic is really the most balanced character in the game.

If Ryu gets added in the next Smash Bros, not only would it drive me insane but Ryu would be an incredibly boring character and has already been in enough crossover titles and to top it off if Ryu made it in, Mario and Luigi would be clones of Ryu in origin because of their move set similarities and in my opinion Ryu would just be another Mario and since Ryu is technically/basically in every fighting game, Mega Man just makes more sense and is the most deserving Capcom rep.

Viewtiful Joe is more of an emergency back up.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I put a "Megaman for Smash 4" message on the Miiverse, I got 14 yeahs. Looks like there's support there.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ok, not sure if had posted this already but here's some palette swap things I made for Megaman. Each one is based on another Megaman character. Or based on a Power-up he gets in the games.
1. Classic Megaman(Blue Team)
2. Protoman/Scorch Wheel(Red Team)
3. Bad Box-Art Megaman
4. Bass
5. Nature/Wind Weapon(Green Team)
6. Black Hole Bomb
EX1. Megaman X(Blue Team alt)
EX2. Zero (this one didn't come out well.)

I'm thinking I try another one of these. I dunno if I will though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom