• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Congratulations, Mega Man fans.

Seems your quest has finally come to an end on good terms.

Dudemaster47

Smash Cadet
I think Flame Blast is his Down Smash, it comes up at both of his sides in the trailer so it would make sense as that.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Shouldn't the name of the topic changed to Megaman Confirmed for SSB4? :p.

It's awesome that he is in, he was in my top 3 list. Now I am basically just waiting for Mewtwo to be confirmed :D.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I am so hyped for this!

So if he's got Rush as an up-B, Buster as a B, and 3-4 types of boss ammo (if not more) that seems like he'll shoot special ammo with side-B and switch ammo types with down-B? Very cool!

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Hello everyone, remember me?
(Probably not...)

Anyway, I just wanted to come here to say that I'm so glad that Mega Man finally made it (I'm screaming like a little girl)!

And since I'm a huge Mega Man fan, I also make REAL NSF (Nintendo Sound Format) chiptunes by using the Famitracker software. To celebrate the new SSB game and that Mega Man has joined the battle, I wanted to share some of my Mega Man chiptunes. I hope you guys enjoy! <3

Since all of these songs are in NSF, they SHOULD work in real hardware.

If you want to listen to more my NSF stuff, I would really appreciate if you visit my Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/seppowarheart

Thank you!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I am so hyped for this!

So if he's got Rush as an up-B, Buster as a B, and 3-4 types of boss ammo (if not more) that seems like he'll shoot special ammo with side-B and switch ammo types with down-B? Very cool!

He actually was never seen summoning Rush.

Rush could technically be an AT, that is if AT's are back which there is no reason why they shouldn't be. (he couldn't be a stage element because there are screenshots of him on other stages).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So will his Up B change from Rush Coil on the ground, and then to Rush Jet in the air? Or will Rush Coil work like Sonic's Up B? And Rush just appears right under Megaman while in the air. Damaging any enemies below rush when he will likely fall.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Congratulations to all Mega Man supporters!

While I wasn't much of a supporter and skeptical on the return of third parties, I am very pleased to see him in SSB4. Given how he was revealed, he seems to have quite the arsenal of moves.

Looking forward to playing as him as well as all other newcomers.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm thinking his recovery is Rush Coil on the ground and then something else in the air.

Air options:
Rush Jet
Beat Whistle
Teleport

PressStart

Smash Cadet
Today is the best day. I'm so happy! Everything in that trailer is so amazing and perfect and right. It's hard to say anything because I just want to keep going back and watching the trailer. Thanks everyone for your support on this! I'm sorry for all those times it got depressing, what an amazing turn around. Thank you fans, thank you Capcom, thank you Nintendo, and thank you Sakurai!

: )))))))))))))))

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I feel that the name of the thread should be changed again. Given that Megaman has been confirmed playable.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
IT JUST. I JUST. MEGA MAN! MEGA MAN! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That reveal had me in tears. I'm not even gonna lie, that was like, the sickest ****ing thing ever. The music, the weapons, just...oh my god. SSBF probably needed a new wardrobe. Speaking of, where's he at? Update the OP, fool!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
He actually was never seen summoning Rush.

Rush could technically be an AT, that is if AT's are back which there is no reason why they shouldn't be. (he couldn't be a stage element because there are screenshots of him on other stages).
Hmm, good point. I'd still be really surprised if Rush wasn't his recovery move.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Well, since Mega Man finally made it as a playable character, I'm sure Ridley will be playable.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Charge shot as a Smash attack was really a clever idea to put an to the Samus clone argument.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
THIS DAY IS AMAZING!

Love the art direction of Wii U. The 3DS comic book style with a thick border seems out of sync with the backgrounds. But I am focused on the Wii U.

Bright, smooth graphics with details up close. Link looks hot, Bowser looks more like his Nintendo incarnations. And he runs and ****-ing DROPKICKS.

Animal Crossing character is amazing. SO is Megaman. Their regular moves are flashy and look like specials. This game is going to be fun and a blast. The new art direction allows a variety of characters. Alot of imagination.

Glad my roster predictions are basically chucked out the window. The Wii Fitness Trainer was not even mentioned on his forums (was it?). She looks fun.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm reallllly liking what they did with Mega Man's attacks. The Charge Shot as a Smash sounds fun.

So, as far as I can tell, his basic Mega Buster is all three of these:
Jab
Side Tilt
Aerial Neutral

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Seems like the top spin is his dash attack. And the slide kick is his Down A attack.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'd say the best looking attack he has so far is the aerial down Hard Knuckle spike. That's... completely brutal.

Do you guys think MM venting after his double-armed attacks is an actual mechanic, or do you think it's just a cool animation?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'd say the best looking attack he has so far is the aerial down Hard Knuckle spike. That's... completely brutal.

Do you guys think MM venting after his double-armed attacks is an actual mechanic, or do you think it's just a cool animation?
It's both.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got some more gameplay video of Mega Man, this time with Sakurai himself at the helm:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah, wow. He looks completely brutal, fun, and different. I love it. He's super mobile and looks hard to approach... oof. Looking forward to playing as him, and I'm super not looking forward to playing against him. :p
... also, Mario still has the crappy FLUDD. Ha... sigh.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got some more gameplay video of Mega Man, this time with Sakurai himself at the helm:

Pretty cool. Looks like Airman's weapon is another aerial attack. And Mario seems to still have FLUDD, not sure how I feel about that. Hopefully it improved in some sort of way.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Didn't notice the Air Shooter until now. lol

Looks like Mega Man has had just about all of his moveset revealed thanks to the Robot Master weapons.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

I agree! I adore the Hard Knuckle meteor!

Would've been awesome to have the Magnet Missile too, it's one of my favorite moves of the whole franchise. But I can't complain.... all of the moves Mega Man got are top choices! Love Crash Bombz!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All in all, most of Megaman's moves look awesome. Though I really, really, really hope his Final Smash is the Super Adapter. I want to shoot rocket fist at everyone. Though I'll be the first to admit that I was expecting/wanting some more of his Normal attacks to be based on his Marvel vs Capcom moveset. Though he still looks really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom