• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That moveset was bland? Just think about the movesets of characters we actually have. By those standards, Mario is boring as **** and needs completely changed.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Thank you! I actually tried quite hard at getting a good move-set, and personally that move-set would be the only way I want Miis in, and an exact copy is impossible.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i just felt like bumping this thread up just cause i feel that Mii's stand a very good shot at making it into Smash due to the Mii's actually being one of the biggest new franchises to come out of Nintendo for the Wii. Mii's actually have a lot of potential for a moveset with all the different games they've starred in. and regardless of how we may personally feel about Mii's, it can't be ignored that it is a pretty substantial addition to the Nintendo brand and is only growing.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I think that Miis are almost certainly going to be in, and probably as characters. Given all of the games they've been in, there are lots of possibilities for the moves, and there could be some fun customizability options.

Even if they DON'T show up as playable, however, I think it's safe to assume that they will at least be background characters on a stage or something. A trophy is practically a given.

Ultimate kaos

Smash Cadet
I agree that they might be in it in some way, but I really hope not as a playable character. It would be... Weird... I do think they will be a trophy, or even a sticker(if stickers are in the new game). Miis could be really overpowered, considering you could possibly input their height and weight. But I doubt they could get that overpowered. IMO miis are just not the character for smash bros XD

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I don't know about this... It seems as Miis would be somewhat similar to Game & Watch, using a whole bunch of random items.

:phone:
which isn't really a bad thing, although Mii's do have more than enough to work with than Game & Watch had.

they are far more deserving then a lot of other franchises. a stage or 2 is definite if you ask me. Whether it's Wuhu island or Nintendoland that's an almost guarantee. as for the character, i can see peoples apprehension to including them but it really all depends on how Sakurai chooses to present them

ShinyLucario1000

Smash Rookie
which isn't really a bad thing, although Mii's do have more than enough to work with than Game & Watch had.

they are far more deserving then a lot of other franchises. a stage or 2 is definite if you ask me. Whether it's Wuhu island or Nintendoland that's an almost guarantee. as for the character, i can see peoples apprehension to including them but it really all depends on how Sakurai chooses to present them
A Nintendo Land stage would be cool, with all the different attractions.

grizby2

Smash Lord
if we're going to have a character that uses sports equipment as its main way of attacking, we might as well use someone else whos been using sports equipment longer than they have....

ShinyLucario1000

Smash Rookie
if we're going to have a character that uses sports equipment as its main way of attacking, we might as well use someone else whos been using sports equipment longer than they have....
Except that there are a lot better Mario reps, and Waluigi isn't a Wario character...

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Except that there are a lot better Mario reps, and Waluigi isn't a Wario character...

Waluigi is arguably the best Mario rep out there; and there really aren't many to stand much of a threat

then he can be a Waluigi character :troll:
I endorse this post :awesome:

Mii(s) would most likely be the background audience cheering, wireframes/dummy fighters/sandbags; or at the very most those "personal customizable characters" for the 3DS version. At least that's what I can theorize

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I'm sorry that everyone hates Miis, but they're kinda integral to the Nintendo experience. When Sakurai was developing Brawl, they were easy to ignore, but now they're not.

Nobody's a shoe-in, but there's just not any logical reason to exclude them besides personal taste. They're eponymous with Nintendo's systems.

And considering their exploits, imagine the degree of freedom Sakurai would have with making their movesets.

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
I don't think they'll be a "Shoe-In" for a playable character. and I have some legitimate reasoning!

Reason?

Read the Iwata asks for "Wii Party":

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/iwata/iwata_asks_-_wii_party_19091_19092.html

Nintendo is VERY strict when it comes to Mii's being used, as told by the devs of "Wii Party."

Nintendo seems to be very strict on Mii use. Maybe they feel that Mii's "fighting" with eachother, getting "beat up" may very well be "misrepresentational" .
Best response in this thread, and I agree.

If Mii's are in, though, they'll have very ridiculous and maybe unrealistic attacks, though, so as not to make it 'violent' but in the same way as Wii boxing isn't violent, but more silly and ridiculous.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I don't think the miis will be playable characters. I have no doubt at all they'll be in the game in a stage or as an avatar or something. But as playable characters? No. This thread would do more purpose under the general ssb4 discussion section.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Now what if the miis worked like mokugen(im sure i spelled that wrong) in tekken. Where he comes out able to fight like another character on the roster. And each time he dies and comes back he's a different character. Like let's say u choose him and first he plays like Mario. Ur opponent knocks u out and u come back using links moveset. U could tell the difference because his outfit would change to reflect the character he's mimicking. Idk it's just a thought that I think some people could b happy with

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Now what if the miis worked like mokugen(im sure i spelled that wrong) in tekken. Where he comes out able to fight like another character on the roster. And each time he dies and comes back he's a different character. Like let's say u choose him and first he plays like Mario. Ur opponent knocks u out and u come back using links moveset. U could tell the difference because his outfit would change to reflect the character he's mimicking. Idk it's just a thought that I think some people could b happy with

That sounds awesome. He'd be difficult to main, that's for sure

volbound1700

Smash Master
I wonder what their movesets would be like, unless their movesets are also customizable. If that's the case, would they even be tournament legal, seeing as their weight would vary with each individual Mii, and if their movesets can be customized, that makes Miis very unpredictable and competitively potentially "unfair" because the opponent wouldn't know what to expect, thus going well beyond the realm of mindgames and into the realm of mindscrews.

This is merely a theory of course.
This has to be the dumbest mentality ever and it is why I don't like the Tournament crowd sometime. Put that rule in any sport.

Hey in football you can only run the Pro Set, No option, No spread, No WestCoast Offense, etc. Stupid.

Basketball you can only run 2-3 Defense and 4-1 Offense. Once again very stupid.

Every Sport I know have mind games that coaches/players use to overcome their opponent and yet you don't want that in Smash?

Age of Empires (another video game often played in tournaments) had tons of different and unique strategies and rushes. Wow... just wow.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I would love Miis but I don't want or expect customizable moves partly because it would be near impossible to do on Smash. It would be nice if possible but that alone would add likely months of development time to the game. It would also make all the other characters irrelevant as everyone would play Miis.

I would love to see Miis use movesets from the large number of Wii Franchises (Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Play, Wii Parade, Wii Party, Wii Fit, etc.). Boxing moves and hitting people with bats/racks will likely be included although other Smash characters already have that (Peach and Ness).

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
Making customisable Mii movesets from existing characters seems like a huge waste of dev time (Who would be the demographic for something like that anyway), and I'd find a sports related moveset really boring. Maybe in the 3DS version we might see Miis, but I'd call them pretty unlikely for SSB4.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I think Miis should be a playable character... let me explain.

In story mode you should start off with your Mii with the basic moveset. As you continue throughout story mode you can unlock new movesets so you can customize your Mii. Choose each special move separately or from a set. The movesets won't be copies of existing characters. Some may be based on existing characters, but with a Nintendo gimmicky twist to them.

As for multiplayer, I think you should be able to battle with a Mii too. You can register a moveset to each Mii and choose whichever one you'd like. There could be a separate option to customize Miis for multiplayer battle where you can only use the movesets you have unlocked.

A good way to keep things fair would be to have every Mii have normal attacks, and only customize their specials. But you would choose from a 4-special move set, not being able to choose your B, up B, side B and down B separately. That way you can have a set with a good up-B attack, but the other 3 are weaker. Or a really powerful normal B move, but bad recovery with the up B. Or keep the basic moveset with balanced everything.

This way you wouldn't have everyone playing as Miis using the same combination of the strongest of each specials. It would be a preference.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I think Miis should be a playable character... let me explain.

In story mode you should start off with your Mii with the basic moveset. As you continue throughout story mode you can unlock new movesets so you can customize your Mii. Choose each special move separately or from a set. The movesets won't be copies of existing characters. Some may be based on existing characters, but with a Nintendo gimmicky twist to them.

As for multiplayer, I think you should be able to battle with a Mii too. You can register a moveset to each Mii and choose whichever one you'd like. There could be a separate option to customize Miis for multiplayer battle where you can only use the movesets you have unlocked.

A good way to keep things fair would be to have every Mii have normal attacks, and only customize their specials. But you would choose from a 4-special move set, not being able to choose your B, up B, side B and down B separately. That way you can have a set with a good up-B attack, but the other 3 are weaker. Or a really powerful normal B move, but bad recovery with the up B. Or keep the basic moveset with balanced everything.

This way you wouldn't have everyone playing as Miis using the same combination of the strongest of each specials. It would be a preference.
I like this idea for multiplayer. :)

Although I would prefer the story mode not to be completely Mii centered.

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
Keeping something like that balanced would be a nightmare. Those Miis would be banned at tournaments immediately. Too many variables involved. I mean how many different combinations are we talking here? Again, something like this would be a pain for the dev team. It is, however, a little more realistic than other proposed Mii movesets I've seen.

And to expand on a previous point, I don't think there's a big demographic for something like a customisable character system. Casuals will think it's too complicated and hardcore gamers will dismiss it, probably. I mean I'd find it a lot of fun but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority when it comes to the entire Smash Bros fanbase. :(

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Since the Miis are customizable, wouldn't it be better if they become 3ds exclusives which can then be transferred to Wii U?

Junahu

Smash Ace
Keeping something like that balanced would be a nightmare. Those Miis would be banned at tournaments immediately. Too many variables involved. I mean how many different combinations are we talking here?
Custom Miis would be impossible to even bring to a tournament, because they'd be using different Wii U's. There would definitely be a default moveset in place for when the players just want to play as their Miis in a hurry, and that moveset would be balanced for higher play.

And to expand on a previous point, I don't think there's a big demographic for something like a customisable character system. Casuals will think it's too complicated and hardcore gamers will dismiss it, probably. I mean I'd find it a lot of fun but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority when it comes to the entire Smash Bros fanbase. :(
I have to disagree with you here. Customisation is a heavily attractive feature for any fan who enjoys the speculative nature of a mascot fighter. Done correctly, moveset customisation would get players to spend much more time with the game, crafting expressive and dynamic fighters to pit against one another.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think Miis could appear in the background of, say, a Nintendo Land stage. And the Mii AT sounds nifty.

peeup

Smash Lord
I honestly would be happy with a really simple character creator option.

Pick which Mii you want to fight.
Spend a limited number of points by putting them into categories like weight, speed, etc.
Choose a basic fighting style: strong, jack of all trades, fast
Choose 4 special moves from the rest of the cast.

Obviously a character creation thing will never be tournament viable. But hey, most of Smash is NOT played in a tournament setting. And as someone who knows lots of casual gamers and non-gamers, the ability to customize and create characters is SICK.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
On the other, other hand...

I think Miis could appear in the background of, say, a Nintendo Land stage.
That seems like the most logical representation.

Honestly, I'm nonplussed about the inclusion of Miis.

On one hand, I'd love to pit myself against the likes of Nintendo characters. I'd be a lot of fun to battle a menacing Bowser, teaming up with Sonic, making a dramatic comeback of ledge grabs and Smash Balls, and fight my friends' Miis online to see who would actually win in a fight...er, in a make-believe world.

On the other hand, they're really not necessary for a roster spot, and I feel they would--in some way--diminish the "legendary" battles of what would have been a host of videogame icons. Also, although I like playing as Miis in Wii Sports/Fit/Play, I find I never use them much in character-driven games such as Mario Kart and the like.

Whatever happens, I'll be fine with either decision.

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
I have to disagree with you here. Customisation is a heavily attractive feature for any fan who enjoys the speculative nature of a mascot fighter. Done correctly, moveset customisation would get players to spend much more time with the game, crafting expressive and dynamic fighters to pit against one another.
Hmm... really, I think it depends on how complicated the customisation is. At lower levels it could work, but I would like it a lot less. Too complicated means casual gamers with a bunch of friends over for Smash Bros aren't gonna wanna watch their friends spend an hour making their own character before a fight.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'd like the Mii character to be implemented in the most casual way they can. Plus I would like to use my Tingle, Groose, Dexter Morgan and BitF Waluigi Mii online.:awesome:

Top Bottom