• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

I would love the Miis in, they would be interesting to play as in terms of moveset and then there is the fact you would be able to use one of the Miis your created.

Speculator

Smash Ace
The other issue I see regarding Miis is the idea of beating up "real" people, which Sakurai might not be too fond of.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Miis definitely have the iconness and fame to be in the game. They are right now the center of the Nintendo universe.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
My problem with miis being iconic and therefore worthy of being in smash is that they didn't really earn it.

Its almost like they cheated their way into that position. Wii sports came with the console, and the mii itself was just there. They never had to rely on receiving praise from the fans because their presence didn't depend on that. They're famous just because Nintendo decided to use them as a tool to showcase motion gaming capabilities and to include some sort of profile support. I guess you could say they were shoved down our throats, we never had a choice.

But, I suppose to some people this still doesn't mean they should be ignored in brawl.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well, I guess that just means everyone just swallowed them up, didn't they?

Anyway, didn't Miyamoto create Miis? I'm sure Shorts would love to hear that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
According to the Wikipedia page on Miis, the concept for Mii had been in Miyamoto's mind since the days of the Famicom.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, the Miis were forced into the position they were in originally, but it's not like they weren't well received afterwards. If they had received tons of backlash Nintendo would've dropped them after the Wii instead of including them on the 3DS and Wii U. And Microsoft wouldn't have copied them.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Waluigi is arguably the best Mario rep out there; and there really aren't many to stand much of a threat
notsureiftrolling.jpg

Is he likely? Possibly. Would people enjoy him? Probably, yeah. But BEST? That's a powerful word to use, and behind characters like Toad and Bowser Jr. I hardly think he's the most deserving nor the one who would most accurately represent the series. But given Sakurai's logic, I guess I wouldn't put it past Waluigi to make it in.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Mii's would be the Mr. Game & Watch of today and would make a great addition.
Using attacks that use moves from the various games they have been in.

At the character selection screen, a simple way to change their colours by clicking on their shirt, and a simple way to change which Mii you want to use by clicking on their face. This would open up a small panel over your character spot at the bottom of the screen and you can choose from the Mii's that are favourited. That way you don't have the Mii selection screen taking up the whole screen and forcing other people selecting their characters to wait. This way each player can sort through pages of Mii's without changing the page for everyone.

Attach a certain Mii to a nickname so it automatically chooses it when you use that name.

Hate them or not, Mii's are the future of Nintendo and are already playing a huge role with the Wii, Wii U and 3DS. And I would be surprised if they aren't playable.

If not, I can definitely see a Mii based stage that features your consoles Mii's, or Mii assist trophy.

Marddo

Smash Rookie
I love my mii's and really hope i can play mine in the next game. The few big Nintendo characters left to add means hes got a great chance

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I would love to see myself kicking Bowser's ass.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One idea I had for the Mii is for them to use all Nintendo's peripherals as weapons. But Nintendo might object to them using Nunchucks as actual ones. Especially after everyone and there grandma put a Wiimote through the TV.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
One idea I had for the Mii is for them to use all Nintendo's peripherals as weapons. But Nintendo might object to them using Nunchucks as actual ones. Especially after everyone and there grandma put a Wiimote through the TV.
Although you are right, it would be funny as heck to see my Mii slam a Wii U controller into another Reggie Fils-Aime Mii.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I was honestly surprised Miis weren't in brawl. maybe because back then I was stupid, but now it's entirely possible.

MIIs for SMASH

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I was honestly surprised Miis weren't in brawl. maybe because back then I was stupid, but now it's entirely possible.

MIIs for SMASH
If I'm not mistaken, Sakurai had finalised the Brawl roster at around the time the Wii was released meaning there was nowhere near enough time for them to have established their status and popularity to justify selection.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If I'm not mistaken, Sakurai had finalised the Brawl roster at around the time the Wii was released meaning there was nowhere near enough time for them to have established their status and popularity to justify selection.
I know, that's why I said back then I was stupid. lol

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If Mii's get in, I can only imagine the massive amount of butt hurt "hardcore" Nintendo fans that will show up to rant about how Mii's "ruined" Smash. It will be glorious and it will be hilarious.

And the funniest part is, despite Mii's being "Casual", they would be added to the most well balanced Smash game ever, something "hardcore" fans would be into.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

I really like this idea. Nunchuck as a nunchuck, power glove punches, NES lightgun shots... the N64 could be used as a grappling hook, ha.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Problems with that idea: 1-Power Glove was 3rd party. 2-Nintendo already has Captain N as a guy that peripherals as weapons. (& yes Nintendo does owns the rights to him, even if they don't remember).

Personally I think the Find Mii game should be the basis of Mii's moveset. My mii with a sword & shield sounds badass.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Problems with that idea: 1-Power Glove was 3rd party. 2-Nintendo already has Captain N as a guy that peripherals as weapons. (& yes Nintendo does owns the rights to him, even if they don't remember).

Personally I think the Find Mii game should be the basis of Mii's moveset. My mii with a sword & shield sounds badass.

Yeah, Power Glove was made by Mattel... but I do suspect they don't really care about that at the moment and could easily release it.

I love Captain N, but you know who doesn't? Japan. He was North America only, I believe (Both his cartoon and Nintendo Power). So, as 80's awesome as he was, I don't think he's even on the Smash developers' radar.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the show aired in a number of countries. I've seen the opening in a number of languages on youtube & japanese fan art of him before.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I normally tend to not go into char threads that i hate or despise said char to not flame and be reasonable and respect other PeePz opnions RealTalk i am abit of a nice guy :)

But i have no Sympathy/Respect for this thread...**** mii we already got WTF so no Mii please.

NO ****ING Mii

(no offense to OP)

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind playing as a Mii, since that literally opens up the Character Roster to a whole new dimension.

I don't think it's going to happen, since Wii Fit Trainer chick is in, and I doubt Nintendo is going to force another straight up Nintendo character.

(What I mean by "straight up Nintendo" is that it's not part of a particular franchise/series)

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
The thing about Mii, even ignoring that the only other obvious "avatar" character (Villager) exists, is that his moveset is quite limited by the addition of Trainer and Villager. Trainer uses some sport related stuff on specials while Villager takes a lot of the gimmicky props that Mii could have used (he even stole the boxing gloves!)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I honestly think that Sakurai will probably Captain Falcon the Mii. (Give them a completely original moveset) Thats IF he chooses to add them.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
While I'm not a big fan of having a Mii as a fighter in Smash, I have to say it does make sense considering how Nintendo likes shoving Mii's everywhere.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Mii has been Confirmed by the leak if you believe it.
Before E3 someone claimed that the WF Trainer, Villager, Megaman, Pac Man, Little Mac and Mii will be announced for SSB4.
Probably not a coincidence.

The thing about Mii, even ignoring that the only other obvious "avatar" character (Villager) exists, is that his moveset is quite limited by the addition of Trainer and Villager. Trainer uses some sport related stuff on specials while Villager takes a lot of the gimmicky props that Mii could have used (he even stole the boxing gloves!)
Sakurai talked about having a customisable character for SSB4.
Mii would be the most logical characterisation of the customisable character. This would make him very very unique from them.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They were in one of the Sonic games that wasn't a racer. I think it was COLORS. :rolleyes:
I've personally never played colors and was amused watching footage of this after I read your post.

Okay, screw it, count me in for Mii support.

Mii has been Confirmed by the leak if you believe it.
Before E3 someone claimed that the WF Trainer, Villager, Megaman, Pac Man, Little Mac and Mii will be announced for SSB4.
Probably not a coincidence.
As far as I've ever cared, unproven leaks are still rumors to me, but Little Mac and Mii would be interesting nonetheless.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Little Mac might be in....i will say that. Only because the boxing ring might be a smashifyde Punch Out stage. (like Smashville)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I agree.... about rumors with no proof.
However this one attained some proof when the Villager, WF Trainer and Megaman were confirmed.
Still room for some doubt but it seems legitimate.
If I may derail slightly, until I see the source of this rumor and until one more character from this list is revealed, I won't believe it.
The only surprising thing is that WF Trainer was correct, but if I remember yesterday correctly, everyone was noting about how nobody was expecting it. Either this rumor wasn't popular or it came about afterwards.

Or maybe it's true. Who knows?

EDIT: Just saw the source of this.
Slightly starting to believe it.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Hey, hopefully we'll see by tomorrow. The Mii announcement seems like something that'd go in the middle of E3... it can be sold as a "feature", more than a "character"... and that fits a game unveiling.

Sigh, I'm sad that we didn't get any info today...

I do agree that the leak seems legitimate and I am expecting Little Mac, Mii, and Pac Man now, but all the same I guess it's bad form to admit that? Whatever.

I don't care if people call me casual or whatever, I'm totally looking forward to getting wasted and playing as my Mii to piss off my friends. My friends also hate the idea of the Mii, which will make it all the more hilarious.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
So I was thinking about Miis, and the more I thought about them, the more opposed I became. The problem isn't just that they don't fit the aesthetic that well and that they're generic and kinda boring looking, and so are most of the games they're in. The novelty of customizing their appearance would wear off quickly, making one of the positives not THAT amazing. For those reasons I was always lukewarm on them.

But the problem that occurred to me is more conceptual. It has to do with the move set.

Your Mii is your avatar. It doesn't represent Wii Sports, or Wii Party. It represents you. When you're playing a game where everyone does basically the same thing (Wii Sports, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros, etc.), conceptually it's like "you" are bowling, or playing tennis. Or "you" are inside a Super Mario Bros game. Or "you" are a Mario Kart racer.

The problem is that if you give them a move set from Wii Sports and call it a day, it severs that connection. It wouldn't feel like "you" are in Smash Bros, fighting against Nintendo characters. It would barely be different from playing as Mario or Link or Pikachu. Your Mii would be representing Wii Sports, not you. You would be playing as the character "Wii Sports Mii", not inserting yourself into the game via your Mii avatar. So not only does the Mii have some problems fitting into Smash Bros aesthetically, IMO, but Smash Bros would kind of make your Mii not your Mii anymore.

So, I was thinking... How could he retain the feeling that this is your avatar? Well, the other characters all bring in moves from their universe. And your universe is real life. And what do you assuredly do in real life if you're playing Smash Bros? You play video games!

So, in other words, give the Mii a move set based around being a video game player. You use video game controllers and things to play video games, so that's what your Mii should use in the game.

So the Mii would attack using anything like the Wii Remote + Nunchuk, the NES Zapper, the Superscope (although I guess that's already in use), Power Pad, Wii Remote + Nunchuk, Balance Board, Game Boy, Rumble Pak, etc. And they could even work in some things from Wii Sports or whatever as long as it was based around that. The video game experience is created for you through the use of video game hardware, so that's how it should be represented in the game. You could use a move based on Wii Sports Resort Swordplay, or Wii Bowling, or Wii Tennis, but the attack has to be generated by the Wii Remote, just as the virtual experience is generated through it in reality.

And that opens up the door for a really amusing Final Smash, imo. The camera would pull back to reveal that your Mii is actually playing Smash Bros on a TV or arcade machine (or a Wii U GamePad or 3DS), and you're able to somehow manipulate the game from there. I'm sure we'd all call it Smashception.

Probably they wouldn't do this because they really, really don't want to ever have news reports about children injuring themselves swinging a Wii Remote + Nunchuk around like an actual nunchaku, but I would actually enthusiastically support Miis being in the game if that was how their move set worked.

Top Bottom