• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the music thread

rudeezy

Smash Journeyman
RANDOM QUESTION

does anyone else have their iTunes (or whatever) in album view?
i like to listen to full albums throughout, and dont use playlists :/

Jun.

Smash Lord
I think I use the album view?

The most annoying part is when you're trying to listen to an album but iTunes stops playback cause you navigated to a different artist or something. So stupid.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
when this album first came out i knew it was one of my top 3 albums of the year. but sorry shad, this is def my favorite / simultaneously the most important album i've heard in at least a decade.

m.i.a. - maya

at the very least it should go down as an absolutely classic dance album (if the world was fair)

i could write a track by track review of how incredible this album is but if you have any interest you should check out steppin' up, born free, meds and feds, and lovalot.

not for the musically faint of heart / anyone not open to trying new things, cause sonically it is very aggressive

Brian

Smash Journeyman
This is one of my favorite songs ever written. Tom Gabel has some of my favorite delivery of all punk vocalists. He's also one of my favorite lyricists.
Against Me! - Tonight We're Gonna Give It 35%

the two other songs that are on that EP are also pretty good:
The Disco Before The Breakdown

Beginning in an Ending

Some other lyricists I've been digging recently:
Craig Finn of the Hold Steady/Lifter Puller:
The Hold Steady - Certain Songs

The Hold Steady - Stuck Between Stations

Townes Van Zandt:
Waiting Around to Die

Pancho & Lefty

Adam M!

Smash Lord
the light sucks imo

but i was re-listening to be and **** that ish is a classic

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
When you're only having seconds,
I'm having 23rds.
When I go to get my shoes shined,
I gotta take their word.

rudeezy

Smash Journeyman
my preorder of Tera Melos' LP Patagonian Rats came in the mail.

needless to say, everyone needs to listen to this album throughout when it officially comes out

Brian

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone seen The Last Waltz? It's the recording of the final concert The Band played, as filmed by Martin Scorsese. It's intercut with interviews and additonal footage with members of The Band. If you like watching highly skilled musicians do what they do best, I don't think you can miss this one.

Example song (one of The Band's two biggest songs):
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down

As you watch these guys play, it's no surprise that a group of rock and roll legends came to play their final concert. The Last Waltz features appearances by Neil Young, Van Morrison, Neil Diamond, Bob Dylan, Muddy Waters and Emmylou Harris (among others).

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
Has anyone seen The Last Waltz? It's the recording of the final concert The Band played, as filmed by Martin Scorsese. It's intercut with interviews and additonal footage with members of The Band. If you like watching highly skilled musicians do what they do best, I don't think you can miss this one.

Example song (one of The Band's two biggest songs):
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down

As you watch these guys play, it's no surprise that a group of rock and roll legends came to play their final concert. The Last Waltz features appearances by Neil Young, Van Morrison, Neil Diamond, Bob Dylan, Muddy Waters and Emmylou Harris (among others).
ill chekc this out later tongiht :)

Top Bottom