• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Myth of the Elitist Competitives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samochan

Smash Master
Is it just me, or does misunderstanding someone's intentions or what they're saying around Yuna constitute "stupidity?"

The entire cast of Three's Company must qualify as the dumbest people in history.
Uuum no

Smart people ask to clear it up for them, so they understand the correct meaning. While stupid people believe what they want to believe and then act like morons.

JFox

Smash Hero
Elitists: mew2king, chillindude829, sadaharu_inui, raftbuilder, g-regulate, silentwolf, yuna, dmbrandon, jfox...

Admit it, most people are annoyed by idiots. Most casuals are, in fact, idiots. By idiots, I mean they are ignorrant of smash knowledge. The problem with ignorance is that they are ignorant of their ignorance. They think they know everything, which is really annoying. So because most casuals are annoying, and there are way to many to weed through, and annoyance is what we seek to avoid, we tend to avoid casuals because we assume they are annoying.

I'm not saying its right, I'm sayin it works. And hey, you think you are better than me, or anyone else on the list? Just remember that most of you are no different once you get to be where we are. You become a part of a minority of informed. You don't act this way out of hatred, you act out of irratation, lol. There are just too many dumb people to put on the ignore list.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
Uuum no

Smart people ask to clear it up for them, so they understand the correct meaning. While stupid people believe what they want to believe and then act like morons.
If you misunderstand you usually think you understand. So why would you ask someone to clear it up for you? If you've totally misunderstood you probably don't suspect you misunderstood.

And, it's easy to misunderstand people's intentions whenever generalities and hostility are par for the course. (For instance, your slight, lulzy hostility to a joking post just now.)

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Ow. Wall of Text.

My eyes they burn.

And once again...

Saying you're better than someone else =/= Elitist.

Rubbing that fact in someone else's face with malicious intent = Elitist

Samochan

Smash Master
Why the hell was TheToweringTool's message deleted? That's a plain censor.
Cause he was a troll with 2 accounts and the posted the same thing to another thread, so he got ipbanned. ^_^

And for a reason. He went claiming that our moderators are flawed cause we think the same as Yuna and loads of other bs.

And Bendu, if something is clear as a day there shouldn't be misuderstandings, at least not to this scale. While if something is not as clear, it's obvious to everyone so smart people will ask to clear things up while dumb people believe what they want.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why the hell was TheToweringTool's message deleted? That's a plain censor.
Because he's an obvious troll.That's the 2nd account created today by someone who already has an account here on Smashboards. And he reposted the same inflammatory post he'd already posted in the Luigi's Taunt-thread with a few changes.

Obviously a troll. So I told them to ipban him (I didn't report his 1st post, only his 2nd, for which he made a 2nd account. He obviously knew the mods might not like what he was doing and didn't think of ipbans).

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Oh. It would've been useful weren't it that you post the same post over and over again. Then again, it's weird to delete the first one, as they're valid concerns, even though you don't agree with them.

Samochan

Smash Master
Oh. It would've been useful weren't it that you post the same post over and over again. Then again, it's weird to delete the first one, as they're valid concerns, even though you don't agree with them.
Eh, you don't get it. >_>

The guy simply posts these things to troll, it's not his concern about what the heck has been written, he just wants to troll and post bs like this. Like the one thread, Yuna lolled about Luigi's taunt and he posted this. >_>

This guy's posts are in no way valid cause he's an effing troll. And seeing as he posted again, not ipbanned or different ip..

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Post the same crap again and the staff will be forced to take greater actions. Even though you have a dynamic IP, there are other ways to cease this kind of trolling.

This is your final warning. Three accounts are enough.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Eh, you don't get it. >_>

The guy simply posts these things to troll, it's not his concern about what the heck has been written, he just wants to troll and post bs like this. Like the one thread, Yuna lolled about Luigi's taunt and he posted this. >_>

This guy's posts are in no way valid cause he's an effing troll. And seeing as he posted again, not ipbanned or different ip..
Yeah, he maybe is a troll, but he makes some valid arguments about yuna. And in al seriousness, she is ******** when it comes to "stupid" things...

And it can be seen in so many topics.

(I'm not saying that man isn't a troll, i'm saying that he has little point)

Can yuna explain this?

Samochan

Smash Master
Yeah, he maybe is a troll, but he makes some valid arguments about yuna. And in al seriousness, she is ******** when it comes to "stupid" things...

And it can be seen in so many topics.

(I'm not saying that man isn't a troll, i'm saying that he has little point)

Can yuna explain this?
Maybe if you stopped calling Yuna "she", then he might answer to you lol.

On the other hand, I'm the female here so..

I think you got kinda owned here lolz.:chuckle:

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought I made it clear I'm a man (in fact, several times in this very thread).

I'm "********" when it comes to "stupid things"? Too bad people seem to disagree. I've been told my tone can be kind of harsh, but never that I'm wrong or that what I'm doing is bad by anyone who's a Smashboards veteran, a competitive player or a mod. And a lot of Casual players and new users actually agree with (what I say) me.

I guess it's all a big conspiracy. We're all out to get the Casual players (including some Casual players).

Can yuna explain this?
What? The fact that his big copy + paste consists of mostly lies? Yes, he's a liar. Happy?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Imo why are you using words towards my bf like "********"? He's not at all >.> you guys are just taking things into your own view and spitting it out wrong on others

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
What? The fact that his big copy + paste consists of mostly lies? Yes, he's a liar. Happy?
That's not really an argument. After all, the community IS a bit favoured to the best of the best. It's not odd that someone should point out to moderators that they should look out for not doing so.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Okay, there's just way too much bullcrap going on in here at the moment. Nobody can have a civilized discussion when it comes to competitive/casual. It's just that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom