• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

Yep. I recommended it months ago. It can be done, but you need to stall for time to get the bomb to almost blow up. In other words, it isn't AS convenient as any of the safe spike methods up here, which can be done at any time.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Yea, the timing is too precise, only time I'd even consider mucking around with that is onstage.
Pulling that offstage seems way unlikely, by the time you have a bomb and wait for the correct time the opponent would be back onstage lol.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
Going to ask if the Bomb intercepted by Uair Kill can be posted up here.

Especially since I don't really see it mentioned anywhere else and it seems worth knowing.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah your right... It would appear that Sasuke has removed/deleted all his vids. I'll ask him about it before I remove them. There isn't much I can do if he doesn't want them up there for us to view, I definitely can't repair them (XD) if he's deleted them. Also, Pho's vid is down. I'll check with him what's happening there as well.
It'd be a shame if we can't get Sasuke's vids back. I mean, there's so many, not to mention they cover a lot of the techs that aren't covered in any other vids. It could just be something simple though so we'll see.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Yeah your right... It would appear that Sasuke has removed/deleted all his vids. I'll ask him about it before I remove them. There isn't much I can do if he doesn't want them up there for us to view, I definitely can't repair them (XD) if he's deleted them. Also, Pho's vid is down. I'll check with him what's happening there as well.
It'd be a shame if we can't get Sasuke's vids back. I mean, there's so many, not to mention they cover a lot of the techs that aren't covered in any other vids. It could just be something simple though so we'll see.
he deleted his yt account

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
can anyone help me with instant bomb throwing. i use the c stick to do the throw out of air dodge
i can only do it sometimes do it. most of the time when i try to instant bomb throw i zair instead.
its getting annoying, can anyone tell if im doing some sort input wrong or timing wrong?

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
when i catch an item with the air dodge do i keep holding the shield button down or do i let go of it before press the C stick?

It doesn't matter if you hold dodge or not, as long as you flick the C stick instantly after.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
About instant bomb throw, can you do it out of airdodge (As in during the middle of it)? or does it HAVE to be during the start?

If you guys didn't already know, we have an infinite on Wario in Luigi's Mansion. I'm pretty sure this is already known, but I'm just saying it so it can be put up on the list.

Basically, you just stand on the bottom of the level, grab him, pummel once, air release, he'll get stuck on the ceiling (which will make him not go up as high), and as he comes down, you can just grab him again.

It's a reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally slow infinite (like +1%) but it can be done, and legally under 300%.

At 0% he's gonna ground release. At 1% - 99% percent, IDK.
At around 100%+, you can air release him pretty much always. It gives you the free nair, fair, and usmash.

In LM, well, I just explained it.

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i just thought it was always a ground release, since tink has dem stubby little legs. That seems like it would help the wario matchup a lot, but I guess getting a grab on wario is also a lot harder than it sounds, considering they're always jumpin around in the air.

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
I was just messin around with it. Only way to trigger air release on wario is over the ledge or if you don't pummel and they mash out. High level warios know not to mash out of grabs :/

But if you get someone who does mash out, you can do an infinite that does no damage on mansion lol, dunno at what point that would become stalling, as you would end it eventually, but it will also never get him to 300%.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Lol.
I'm pretty certain we can't force an air release on Wario in any normal situation. Last time I checked, it works like this...

If a character is able to hold another character in the grab with their feet not touching the ground, it will always force an air release. But, if the one who is holding the opponent pummels at the exact moment that the opponent would normally air release, it will ground release. This is easier for taller characters, but it can be done with smaller characters as well, as long as you grab them off the edge or on a slanted platform (so they are off stage or on the lower side of the platform). If none of the above requirements are met, (i.e., Toon Grabs Wario on a flat surface not near the edge) then it will only air release if while trying to get out, the opponent hits Jump (or up? I can't remember...). If the opponent doesn't hit Jump while mashing, it will always ground release.

So, just to re-cap for the situation that we are talking about. Wario will only air release in that situation if he hits jump while mashing and if Toon isn't pummeling when Wario is released.

I think the problem here is that it was tested in training mode against a CPU who is dumb and probably always mashed jump. This is also why it didn't "work" at 0% because Toon tried to pummel once but it wasn't quick enough so it forced a ground release.

Jeez guys XD.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Almost right. EITHER jump or up will force an air release but it has to be a recent input. Like u cant get grabbed at 200%, push jump once and then wait and it will air release. Wont happen. You need to push it not long before you are released.

Everything else you said is correct.

KunaiX

Smash Cadet
I have a new Combo against Snake, someone should test how frame save this is o,o

I will post it today or next day.

The Combo makes 40 % damage if you can land a grab =D

KunaiX

Smash Cadet
Ive seen several TLs do this. I even do it but I don't thnik most TLs rely on landing this combo. It just happens if it happens tbh.
Do you know how to force the animation on 1:18 ? After the first Dair Hit?

Edit:
I wanted to say that Zair to Footstool DAir works too, Should upload the video too >.<

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
Not too sure, but I'm guessing the Dair has a set chance of tripping people.

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
Hey,

dunno if this is the right thread for this, but I figure this is more appropriate than the matchup thread, and the meta knight thread isn't on the front page anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKHf2SgsaDs

at about 3:25 in that video, MJG makes zair clash with tornado, stopping metaknight. Granted, it doesn't go through tornado, and metaknight still has an advantage coming out of it, it still might be another option against tornado if we can figure out how to make that continue happening.

First time I've seen that happen, sorry if this is already known.

A lot of things can break a tornado while it's starting up, since it has very little priority at that time. The priority of MK's tornado increases the more you push the B button, so after a while, things won't be able to break it.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
Nado also gains priority depending on whether its aerial or grounded.

Grounded has crap not-as-broken-as-MK's-other-moves priority.

Aerial has really broken priority =P.

EDIT : Answer to both, run away or chuck a bomb.

Top Bottom