• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New and Hopefully improved Captain Falcon matchup thread! Discussing : MmmmK

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I really don't think Pikachu is that hard to fight...

Just use your spacing with your tilts, SDI out of Dsmash (you only take like 7%), jab the thunder shocks to cancel them, and know how to airdodge thunder.

Punish skullbash and a missed Dsmash with the knee!

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Sorry I haven't checked in here for a while. Pikachu's jabs I think you can just Falcon Dive. His FSmash very powerful, but if you see him using it from out of range you can get in an aerial falcon kick pretty easily. His DSmash is disjointed above him, which means it wrecks aerial approaches; stay on the ground if he's on the ground. Thunder I'm not too sure what's the best way to punish (I usually either run into the electrified pika before it's done or he's already shielding/rollng) but I think once it hits him it's just one big hitbox, which means it has the same problem as sex kicks; if you shield at the start of the move, you can unshield and won't get hit by the rest, which gives you decent time to punish. Offstage it isn't really a problem, and I think Pikachu is actually better off with other moves for gimping.

I came in here mostly though to make a note about the Luigi matchup that I noticed when playing as Luigi on WiFi: Luigi slides ridiculously far. If you land a smash on his shield, he slides like 10 feet back, so use that DSmash and it's harder for him to punish (charge slightly though because if he spotdodges you might eat an up-b).

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think Falcon has a better air game. Watch out for his dair though. It can be AC'd and therefore can lead directly into dsmash or fsmash,. which I think we all agree are pretty killer.

I was playing with Pikachu recently though and I realized something that we kind of glossed over. His upsmash is very powerful, and it probably more of a threat then his dsmash. It's a wonderful kill move that comes out very fast. Watch out for neutral b > upsmash.

Again, I'd like to point out the threat of his utilt. It's a nice move that comes out fast and can mess with your momentum. The idea of keeping Pika in the air is important, anf can't be stressed enough. Punish his thnuders with running a, and keep you utilt and dtilt handy.

I still think it's 30:70 in Pika's favor.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
if you're gonna try to punish thunder (the version where Pikachu hit himself) you should be carefull since that move stay out a lot longer than it look like (it got invisible hitboxes near the end) making the window of time you can punish actualy pretty short. But thunders that don't hit Pikachu are easier to punish if he does it at a stupid moment.

Also be REALLY careful if you're gonna try to hit Pikachu before thunder reach him, like I've seen suggested at some point earlier. In case you don't know, the explosion as thunder hit Pika have huge knockback and can kill you at very low %

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
So what? Thunder can still give you damage even though you can't see it anymore.....that sucks : (
I think hitting pikachu with a dash attack before the thunder comes is better than waiting

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
The timing is strict but you can punish after Thunder, I promise. It's not really worth mentioning though, because good Pika players use it very sparingly. Only when they know it's going to hit.
Watch some Anther or K Prime.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I camp against pika. being overly agrressive isn't good. he out prioritizes most of falcons move. what I do is wait for an attack of his and punish. bair spam is pretty sexy to use.

edit: quick attack cancel *****, if you've played a pika who is good at it, you'll want to cry. it also comes as a great surprise approach and is hard to read/interupt. and camping against someone with a projectile is very difficult which is why I say its 25/75 or 30/70..falcons favor of course.(joke)

Player-3

Smash Hero
update this later, like a week

im OoS on vacation so figure everything out on your own
srry guize im in flawriduh

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I've still haven't played a jiggly main so I've gots nothings
However, seeing how jiggly is just above falcon in the tier list I don't think she's that bad

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
jiggs ***** my falcon. but its not that bad a match-up. im really defensive against jigginator

Acedude55

Smash Ace
So......we're discussing Pika.

One of my favorite matchups to play, I love the challenge in it.

I reeeeaaaaaaaaaaallly suck at explaining though.........
So maybe i'll get a match on youtube up ....so i can look, and examine.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I've played some decent jigglypuffs'. It's definitely not was bad as the pika match up, but it's still hard, it Jiggs knows what she's doing. That punch breaks through every thing you've got, and you have to shield because it outlasts your spotdodge.

Raptor boost for spiking is also never gonna happen (probably). She's got five jumps and her fair and bair rock.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
raaaaaaawwwwwwwwr........

Most I can say about Jiggly is -Seriously-Space-As-hard-as-you-can-

Her aerials rule falcon all over....though, a good grab game should fix up somethings....

when a good jiggly prefers the air most (like any jiggly would) I'd say outspace, and punish with u-air most the time.
Jiggly has a good grab range though, so if they sheild a u-air, you'd have to space it so that the grab wouldn't of gotten you.

To my suprise b-air does very well against Jiggly btw...wall of pain perhaps?

Overall matchup should be eh....55-45/60-40 Jigglys favor.

lolz
Once again, i suck at explaining.

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
For Jiggs you should probably stay on the offensive most of the game. Uair will destroy her, and a good jab game is necessary. In all, stay under jiggly! She will **** you from the ground under. ...also... RAPTOR BOOST!

Player-3

Smash Hero
if the pika doesnt CG, i like playing the matchup

my friend cant cg when i play his pika, so i usually win

but thats fiendlies

decide a ratio, this thead is for the people by the people amirite

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Can I possibly get all the discussed match-up conclusions? I'm working on making a chart based on everything said in each board to have a comprehensive look at what the players have said. In ONE glance! Anyways, if it's somewhere in the CF board, please redirect me to it!

Acedude55

Smash Ace
lul
Im trying to get a CF v.s Pika video up
So we canz liek. examinez it. O_O

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Oh come on now guys, CF deserves you all work on him
Are there really 16 pages of people THINKING about discussing Pikachu? lol
Discuss character, 2-3 a week if you all can, lay down some stats, I make a chart, you all get cookies<3

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
But with my cookies I also have a bag full of MANLINESS. Pure manly manliness. Oh also a bunch of YESZ!

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Wat pikachu...

I almost had the chance to play anther.

Almost.

So I'm still useless :3
YAAY
All I know is that his chaingrab works on falcon better than normal... or something like that.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
CF V.s Pika overall has to be 65-35 / 70-30 Pika's favor. durr.
Pika's keep away game wrecks. Plus that CG is like..... ..... ......>_>

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Pika is done. I'm accepting 30-70 for the ratio. If anyone wants to contest this, PM me.

Right now it's Jigglypuff time.

Also, I'll be messing around with the first post. I'll clean it up a bit and put character summaries and what not. If anyone wants to help with the summaries let me know. I'm think of getting a couple of regulars (like 5-7) to vote on ratios, and those can be the ending statement on the match-up. Let me know what you guys think.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I suck against jiggs really. If I play too aggressively I get whooped. I just try out spacing her and playing really defensive.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Jiggly ***** Falcon's air game. Keep jiggly to the ground and beware of that rollout. Jiggly is very light so she dies very early and thats cool since Falcon is king when it comes to killing. However, jiggly out-prioritizes Falcon easily so keep your distance.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
What skip said basically....lol
Playing like that is prolly the only way you shoould play in any matchupo, space and defensive. Imo that is.

Top Bottom