• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroQT

Smash Master
*Sigh* & *face palm*

Ok lemme break this down 4 you since your missing the importance of what you just said

They both have a losing record to Esam. - Point 4 No1
Seibrik has win over Hrnut who halberd has a losing record to - Point 4 Brik
Seibrik has a win over masky who halberd has a losing record to - Point 4 Brik
Halberd has a win over mampam who Seibrik has a losing record to - Point 4 Red
Seibrik has a win over Afro who Halberd has a losing record - Point 4 Brik
Halberd has defeated Seibrik in the head to head - Point 4 Red
They both have 4 total losing records

O wait.. U forgot

Seibrik has a losing record 2 CO18 - Point 4 Red or removed from Brik

so it's still 3-3 or 4-4

THEY ARE TIED

in a tie-breaker U gotta look at who beat who between the 2

Your basically using Inui Logic (Gotta love Inui <3)

saying that since Seibrik beat 2 ppl Red lost 2 that Seibrik is better

I'm saying that

Seibrik beating 2 ppl Red lost 2(That were VERY ACTIVE PLAYERS) < Red beating Seibrik and Brik losing to a random

No offense to Red...

But I would choose to have Seibrik on my side in a crew battle over Red

But the FACT is that Red BEAT SEIBRIK let alone it was NOT THAT LONG AGO

Red beat Seibrik head 2 head

Red deserves # 2
Since what i said completely went over your head (i included Co18 but whatever rofl), im not going to truly respond to this.

Red is number 2, Hrnut will be moved down. Alot of new information that was withheld was just given to us.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Damn, now I get to go back and tell all those women I picked up with the "number 3 in FL" line that I'm actually number 2...

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@Red LMFAO

@Afro Didnt see it in ya post(meanin it wasn't there)... I included what you said and CLEARLY you missed out on alot of info but w/e bruh. We just dont see eye 2 eye on dis 1 & I guess we just agree 2 disagree since there is no point in discussin this anymore

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Lol I'm moving down to a set that was agreed between the two players that it wouldn't count a set where two players altered the rules to their liking because they didn't want it to count.

Seibs you guys don't seem to understand...you picking ganon to help dtorr get out of pools was ur decision you sandbagged he picked his character and won, no rules were altered to do this. Did u and dtorr agree before the set that it shouldn't be counted?

Me and mero however completely decided that those matches would be off the record because of how much we altered the ruleset. Two players agreeing on something shouldn't be the equivalent of one player randomly deciding this on his own to sandbag while the other player plays the set seriously to win.

:phone:

AfroQT

Smash Master
Lol I'm moving down to a set that was agreed between the two players that it wouldn't count a set where two players altered the rules to their liking because they didn't want it to count.

Seibs you guys don't seem to understand...you picking ganon to help dtorr get out of pools was ur decision you sandbagged he picked his character and won, no rules were altered to do this. Did u and dtorr agree before the set that it shouldn't be counted?

Me and mero however completely decided that those matches would be off the record because of how much we altered the ruleset. Two players agreeing on something shouldn't be the equivalent of one player randomly deciding this on his own to sandbag while the other player plays the set seriously to win.

Lol, ruleset, we didnt use the same ruleset for any 2 tournaments int he last season (i mean we did, but you get the idea). Some tournaments ha dridiculous rulesets and some had ridiculous rulesets that the TO DIDNT EVEN FOLLOW LOL. Just deal with it man.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I think what Seibrik is trying to say is that if he's willing to take the hit if they count your loss to Mero.

Personally, I, the winner of that match, can personally vouch that it wasn't played seriously. The purpose of our Pound set wasn't for anyone's personal gain other than for me to get into final bracket. No PR nonsense. It shouldn't count for PR. That's how I view it. I don't know about Seibrik.

Your match vs Mero shouldn't count either since you both banned like 33 characters LMAO and you both played it like w/e.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I think what Seibrik is trying to say is that if he's willing to take the hit if they count your loss to Mero.

Personally, I, the winner of that match, can personally vouch that it wasn't played seriously. The purpose of our Pound set wasn't for anyone's personal gain other than for me to get into final bracket. No PR nonsense. It shouldn't count for PR. That's how I view it. I don't know about Seibrik.

Your match vs Mero shouldn't count either since you both banned like 33 characters LMAO and you both played it like w/e.
It should definitely count. Both matches should count, im confused as to why anyone would enter a tournament, then not try, however money is still paid out, and multiple people are entering for the only purpose of doing good. Wtf where was the intelligence in this.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
It should definitely count. Both matches should count, im confused as to why anyone would enter a tournament, then not try, however money is still paid out, and multiple people are entering for the only purpose of doing good. Wtf where was the intelligence in this.
Well Seibrik already 2-0'd everybody in the pool we were in. He was already guaranteed 1st, hence the situation to DELIBERATELY help me out. We would've played our set in a serious manner if otherwise.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Well Seibrik already 2-0'd everybody in the pool we were in. He was already guaranteed 1st, hence the situation to DELIBERATELY help me out. We would've played our set in a serious manner if otherwise.
It doesn't matter rofl
Its still a set, its in tournament, that you paid for. I have no idea why he would sandbag vs you in a tournament setting where your skills are supposed to be tested rofl, or why u would even want that to happen to begin with, but thats not what we are arguing.

All that matters int his case, is that it was a tournament, that you paid for, and you 2 played, and you were the victor.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Well, I still played serious and used ZSS. It is what it is though, I know the true merit of the situation and what not. Good friendlies Seibrik. I'll use the Ganon practice and never lose to any Ganon ever.

If you want to count it, count it. There's no point in beating a dead horse.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
It should not count, I was literally just told by seibrik from masky today that my tournaments won't count due to my ruleset.

Afro you don't seem to understand how much altering you guys are trying to do to push me down four spots.

We should give gdx his wins for beating everyone at the drunk tourney at gallaxfest as well

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol im definitely on the side of if both players agree it shouldnt count then it doesnt count. Only in that scenario is it ok, or at least thats how i feel about it.

and nick, your tourney doesnt count? so im 0-1 instead of 1-2 against you? and my loss to ryo never happened? and i never beat trump? lol thats dumb those sets weren't even effected by your ruleset as we played all normal stages

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Yep I asked they said it doesn't count because of my rules but me and mero heavily alter the rules, agree it won't count, play the match with ******** rules and it counts....yep ryo is getting it this one, gdx win over me means nothing...sigh....my record with kyon is also altered

AfroQT

Smash Master
It should not count, I was literally just told by seibrik from masky today that my tournaments won't count due to my ruleset.

Afro you don't seem to understand how much altering you guys are trying to do to push me down four spots.

We should give gdx his wins for beating everyone at the drunk tourney at gallaxfest as well

what tournaments are you talking about? The ones you are hosting now? Its probably because of the unity ruleset, that doesn't effect last season...And we aren't doing anything to push you down four spots, you are trying to avoid your own just really really terrible decisions rofl. Sorry we are counting every tournament???

And the ruleset at Vipers tournament was altered many many times rofl.
(it still counted)

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
So we aren't counting my rules....but we're counting me & mero's rules....hmmm....

Someone please help me make sense of this

Show me where everyone at vipers agreed that a their sets were not legit, show me where everyone was forbidden to play their mains or secondaries, show me where you guys changed damage ratio to 2.0, played on luigi's mansion or 75m...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i completely have no idea whats going on. with this logic of things counting and not counting and what circumstances which does what, etc.

imma just go back to breeding pokemon guys. take 2 and call me in the morning

Masky

Smash Master
Everything counts as long as the tournament rules are standard and there is money on the line. The rules at Otronicon were standard, you just chose not to follow them.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
What?? Lol that's really your best answer. Yeah we (not me) chose not to follow them, we (not me) decided that due to our rules it would not count. In actuality contrary to what the thread may have you IIRC I believe all stages were legal cecil didn't really run the tournament, they wouldn't let us use our own controllers...standard rules...yep, so if a legit match was played the players decided that, not the actual rules. I'm aware that the rules on the thread say otherwise but they were definitely different from what it was in actuality

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Everything counts as long as the tournament rules are standard and there is money on the line. The rules at Otronicon were standard, you just chose not to follow them.
just seems like a stripping of free will from both players in this scenario

i mean, if one of the two agrees it should count, then clearly it should. but if both players involved say it shouldn't...then i personally dont see why it should. Its the same as people being allowed to break dave's stupid rule as long as both players agree. You cant just tell the two players they must follow the rule even if they both dont want to (as long as it is not effecting the number of stocks). Just seems alittle over the top to me

But again, thats just how i see it.

anyway, back to egg geoncide /pokemon

AfroQT

Smash Master
So we aren't counting my rules....but we're counting me & mero's rules....hmmm....

Someone please help me make sense of this

Show me where everyone at vipers agreed that a their sets were not legit, show me where everyone was forbidden to play their mains or secondaries, show me where you guys changed damage ratio to 2.0, played on luigi's mansion or 75m...

hell man, we dont even decide that rofl, the whole BBR committee thing decided that from now on tournaments wont even be in tournament results (or whatever) unless they use the unity ruleset.

So basically its really us, following them.

Masky

Smash Master
just seems like a stripping of free will from both players in this scenario

i mean, if one of the two agrees it should count, then clearly it should. but if both players involved say it shouldn't...then i personally dont see why it should. Its the same as people being allowed to break dave's stupid rule as long as both players agree. You cant just tell the two players they must follow the rule even if they both dont want to (as long as it is not effecting the number of stocks). Just seems alittle over the top to me

But again, thats just how i see it.

anyway, back to egg geoncide /pokemon
It wouldn't be fair if that was possible. For instance what if I (an unranked player) had beaten Seibrik, but the both of us decided to agree it doesn't count so that Seibrik could advance a position on the PRs (over RedHalberd for instance)?

People should just not sandbag in tournaments.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
If consistency was the ONLY thing that mattered, then Xaltis would be number 1.

Consistently losing to everyone puts his consistency score above everyone else.

And its not complete bs to value wins and losses differently based on the players placings and scores. Losing to randoms definitely hurt more than losing to a ranked player.

And all matches should count due to the disrespect Shaky and I were shown when we didn't want to be counted for the PRs.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
I see what ur saying masky but if the rules were changed to alter both players ability to play a legit set that's another story.

If the players on their own free will prior to the tournament set decide that they are going to alter the rules so that it would not count, it shouldn't be counted. Now if its an after the fact thing that's another story.

The scenario u present masky is an after the fact scenario

Masky

Smash Master
After the fact/before the fact is irrelevant. Like hypothetically what if me and Seibrik both somehow knew Seibrik was gonna lose the set beforehand because I 3 stocked him repeatedly in a MM or something? (Obviously hypothetical rofl) Or just in general if the higher ranked player isn't feeling confident and he's friends with the unranked player?

As far as I can tell, the most fair way is to just have everything count. And that's what we're doing.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
lol you would say that xaltis :)

I still think its dumb tho that seibrik has a loss on dtorr considering he used ganondorf... I mean PR's are supposed to try its best to give an accurate representation of rankings. Seibrik can easily beat dtorr with mk, to count the set against him because he was trying to help FL out is ridiculous.

damnit masky, ur supposed to post after me so my post is coherent.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I still think its dumb tho that seibrik has a loss on dtorr considering he used ganondorf... I mean PR's are supposed to try its best to give an accurate representation of rankings. Seibrik can easily beat dtorr with mk, to count the set against him because he was trying to help FL out is ridiculous.
That's what I was trying to say.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Pretty much ^

Like at that point at nationals, it becomes something greater than the PR. I'm pretty sure everyone here would take a loss for someone else if it meant they could enter the bracket at a national unless they were a straight up dyick. This probally only applies to pools unless you intentionally try to rig that bracket by forfeiting in bracket but I won't touch on that.

Like why should that count, theres a difference between sandbagging and trying to help a friend fulfull his 200$+ travel expense to its full potential, no1 wants to lose then sit around the whole day.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
can i laugh and lose at dewdadash's sig?

also why are u all STILL talkin about this. man now i know how xaltis feels about reading long posts

also i second tommy's idea. there are no such thing as state pr's in other serious competitive video game communities. everyone knows whos good and what matters to them is who gets top 3 consistently and who gets the most money

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
bro, I didnt know wtf you posted awhile back but I clicked on it thinking it would be funny. I thought you were trolling xaltis with some pantystocking hentai or some ****.

I proceed and click octopusgirl.....

I don't think I could ever eat sushi again cuz of u lol. Btw was that thing alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom