• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
It's more like 95% of people on smashboards love antagonizing people on the internet but then when you talk to them irl, they cry and run behind their crewmates.

It sucks. People can't just joke around with others. They have to prove their e-peen is the biggest by asserting their superiority. Exhibit 1: Atlantic South You laugh, You lose thread.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
you ****ing suck tommy. ill say it in yo face. ya lookin for man's butt amirite well you're gonna have to get it da hard way YA HUH YA HUH...

*hides behind tommy same time*

OverLade

Smash Hero
I know who but to protect the names of the innocent I will hold the suspense until someone else decides to cut the knot lol.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/207452-throwback-events/
Vote for Brawl. Maybe theyll reconsider it for the circuit.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Brawl being on the circuit is an impossibility.

Honestly if has nothing to do with the M2k/Adhd situation. While i'm sure that didn't help, what's really killing us is Nintendo not letting MLG advertise Brawl in any way at all. MLG can't even stream it at events, or record videos to post on its site. All videos (that i've seen anyway) involving Brawl at a MLG event have been by a competitor attending the event, not by MLG. Basically, all MLG says is "We are having a Brawl event", but they can't have videos, can't advertise, at best they can interview the players.

No one can blame them for dropping it from the main circuit.
Now what we MIGHT see, is Brawl side events, without the huge pot addition but better then nothing. TBH, that's hardly a downgrade for us (well i mean money wise for the winners it is), but we still get to have our game repped at MLG which is important.

At this point, Nintendo is the reason we aren't on MLG...nothing we can really do about it.

--Afro, Golden God

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Brawl being on the circuit is an impossibility.

Honestly if has nothing to do with the M2k/Adhd situation. While i'm sure that didn't help, what's really killing us is Nintendo not letting MLG advertise Brawl in any way at all. MLG can't even stream it at events, or record videos to post on its site. All videos (that i've seen anyway) involving Brawl at a MLG event have been by a competitor attending the event, not by MLG. Basically, all MLG says is "We are having a Brawl event", but they can't have videos, can't advertise, at best they can interview the players.

No one can blame them for dropping it from the main circuit.
Now what we MIGHT see, is Brawl side events, without the huge pot addition but better then nothing. TBH, that's hardly a downgrade for us (well i mean money wise for the winners it is), but we still get to have our game repped at MLG which is important.

At this point, Nintendo is the reason we aren't on MLG...nothing we can really do about it.

--Afro, Golden God
This guy is a GENIUS :sonic:

Masky

Smash Master
Brawl already WAS on the circuit... obviously not impossible since it's been done before

AfroQT

Smash Master
Challenge Accepted.
Haha that's a challenge i'd love for you to conquer. I want Brawl on the MLG Circuit, i plan on attending MLG for Reach as soon as i find a team, OR if they put up FFA...i really hope they put up FFA.

Brawl already WAS on the circuit... obviously not impossible since it's been done before
They tested how it went 1 year, and while it went good, it ran with a few problems and honestly not insanely high attendance. Honestly they might of only put it on just to see what type of attendance they would generate.

I'm guessing they just tested the waters with Brawl this year, they probably hoped for insanely high attendance, that would increase over time, and that's not what happened. Which tbh was logical, we did produce good results, infact i'd say our attendance was great, but it wasn't enough and that coupled with Nintendo being trolls...sadface.

--Afro, Golden God

AfroQT

Smash Master
Its not good for competitive gameplay. I said all shooters, not just halo.
I'll pay your next tournament fee if you can make even a single coherent, logical point as to how shooters are "not good for competitive gameplay".

Inc troll post

AfroQT

Smash Master
Because its just ppl spawn killing. Not even a single chance to fight back.
While i really do respect your attempt, your post only proves that you've either:

1. Never played a recent shooting game (the only halo game where people can get spawn killed for 4 or 5 kills at a time is Halo:CE)
2. Have played a recent shooting game and clearly didn't pay attention to where you spawned at all (I've had some bad spawns, but i've never had the enemy team forcing me to spawn into a single undefendable spot)
3. Trolled me. (fack)

Xaltis

Smash Hero
While i really do respect your attempt, your post only proves that you've either:

1. Never played a recent shooting game (the only halo game where people can get spawn killed for 4 or 5 kills at a time is Halo:CE)
2. Have played a recent shooting game and clearly didn't pay attention to where you spawned at all (I've had some bad spawns, but i've never had the enemy team forcing me to spawn into a single undefendable spot)
3. Trolled me. (fack)

I just think those games should only be allowed for messing around or online competitive play. Not for money competitive play.

So about that entry fee.... :troll:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Competitive Halo is actually 100% balanced. Everything your opponent can do you can do right back and the game won't randomly reward/punish you for...moving.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Your stupid.

I like making blatant accusations without backing too, although my claim has more backing than yours.

:dazwa:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Shooting games are hands down the most balanced competitive type of games. Where everyone can us dmrs, battle rifles, assault, snipes, frags, and the occasional crotch hump against each other with absolutely no excuses or johns, for if there was one it be you being simply worse than the other player.

Good fps id recommend to steer u in the right direction are

Ava
Halo
Gow
Mgo
Cod
Bf
Kz

If I didn't like smash so much and had more friends who like shooters irl I would honestly play shooters instead

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Shooting games are hands down the most balanced competitive type of games. Where everyone can us dmrs, battle rifles, assault, snipes, frags, and the occasional crotch hump against each other with absolutely no excuses or johns, for if there was one it be you being simply worse than the other player.

Good fps id recommend to steer u in the right direction are

Ava
Halo
Gow
Mgo
Cod
Bf
Kz

If I didn't like smash so much and had more friends who like shooters irl I would honestly play shooters instead

Yea yea heard it before troll XD

Master Raven

Smash Master
Dues Ex is the best ****ing game of all time.

I've played nearly all Halo games except for Reach, though I did play a bit of it at a friend's house and it was quite fun. It would really be my only incentive to purchase Xbox Live again honestly.

I also got the Orange Box but I'm gonna wait until I get my computer built before finishing up all the 1-player games on it (I've been playing it on my sister's laptop for now). Half-Life is a ****ing amazing series and anyone who even dislikes shooters should really give it a chance, along with Deus Ex and System Shock 2.

Now back to studying...

*studying for driver's permit test~*

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So....we need one more person from Florida to be in the Pound 5 hotel room

So far it is

ESAM
Afro
Seibrik

Who wants in? First come first serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.