• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exdeath

Smash Master
The rules were inconsistent/vague at Holy Smash, and because of the change in consistency I can see why the tournament wouldn't count. It isn't because any wins/losses were illegitimate (my wins and losses were legitimate and I don't think that it), but because one part of the tournament used some rules, and another part of the tournament used different rules.

To give a more clear example of what I'm referring to, look at the No Tripping hack. I have never heard of someone claiming that random tripping adds any depth, enjoyment, or skill into Brawl, nor have I ever heard of someone preferring tripping to be on. Even so, No Tripping is not standard because some tournament matches will have tripping while others won't. Are the matches won with tripping on legitimate? Yes. Are the matches won with No Tripping legitimate? Yes. So why is it bad? Because the tournament matches played will be using different rules in the game. This could be argued to be the same thing as match-ups, except that people choose the stage and characters used. Nobody chooses tripping -- it's a game mechanic. A further clarification would be comparing beating someone in Melee and beating someone in Brawl. Just because your win is legitimate doesn't mean that the tournament results will be.

This tournament had a lot of problems/inconsistencies, but I know that Viper is trying to learn from the mistakes made at this tournament and that he will be using the universal Unified BBR Ruleset for future tournaments. I plan to attend the next Holy Smash and I look forward to it.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
The rules were inconsistent/vague at Holy Smash, and because of the change in consistency I can see why the tournament wouldn't count. It isn't because any wins/losses were illegitimate (my wins and losses were legitimate and I don't think that it), but because one part of the tournament used some rules, and another part of the tournament used different rules.

To give a more clear example of what I'm referring to, look at the No Tripping hack. I have never heard of someone claiming that random tripping adds any depth, enjoyment, or skill into Brawl, nor have I ever heard of someone preferring tripping to be on. Even so, No Tripping is not standard because some tournament matches will have tripping while others won't. Are the matches won with tripping on legitimate? Yes. Are the matches won with No Tripping legitimate? Yes. So why is it bad? Because the tournament matches played will be using different rules in the game. This could be argued to be the same thing as match-ups, except that people choose the stage and characters used. Nobody chooses tripping -- it's a game mechanic. A further clarification would be comparing beating someone in Melee and beating someone in Brawl. Just because your win is legitimate doesn't mean that the tournament results will be.

This tournament had a lot of problems/inconsistencies, but I know that Viper is trying to learn from the mistakes made at this tournament and that he will be using the universal Unified BBR Ruleset for future tournaments. I plan to attend the next Holy Smash and I look forward to it.

I was actually told by Viper that one of the wiis had the "No Tripping Modifier" hack on it. That's not legit for tournament...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I bet outcomes would be different had tripping been on. I was wondering why Ryo never tripped against me or Arctic...
lol are you serious

you tripping against ike is WAY worse for your chances of winning than ike tripping against you. you can never know if the outcomes would be different because youd have no way of knowing when someone would trip...either at an important moment or just when nothing is happening

but having no tripping on at all is pretty illegitimate

Xaltis

Smash Hero
lol are you serious

you tripping against ike is WAY worse for your chances of winning than ike tripping against you. you can never know if the outcomes would be different because youd have no way of knowing when someone would trip...either at an important moment or just when nothing is happening

but having no tripping on at all is pretty illegitimate
anyone tripping against falco is bad for them. If they trip its auto CG for me.

OverLade

Smash Hero
anyone tripping against falco is bad for them. If they trip its auto CG for me.
Yeah but people dont always trip into things. Sometimes people trip out of things, sometimes they trip randomly but out of distance and it just messes up the momentum of the match.

And sometimes you trip into Ike's Fsmash or Foxes Usmash... so yeah. Tripping could mess up your Bdacus etc etc. If there's anyone I wouldn't wanna trip against it'd prolly be ike or DK.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if someone trips against falco and theyre over 30, you get *enter smash here*, and unless theyre pretty high % or bad DI, they wont die

if you trip against ike at about 30% or higher, and you get fsmashed...you're pretty ****ed

but again, theres no way to determine what outcome would be different if there was no tripping, especially since its random. For all you know, you could've random tripped like 20 times due to bad luck and into like 6 ike smashes and got jv 2 stocked.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
You guys don't realize that I have the best luck in video games. So tripping on is auto good for me. Ask afro/nick riddle/snipa about my video game luck.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well, now that i know its gone to troll post mode, i think my work here is done :laugh:

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
Also...tripping doesn't ALWAYS happen. Who knows maybe I wasn't meant to trip it could of happened. I don't know. All I know is...IKE F UCKING KICKS ***!!!!

Master Raven

Smash Master
You know what, **** happens. I would be all for a mandatory no tripping codes on all the Wiis in tournies but as it stands everyone's divided on the issue, so **** it. We'll just have to deal with and accept the element of luck.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Ahh I still remember the days when I use to destroy Ted Boosley and Ryo. Money johns prevent me from entering and doing it again.

Ike 0 Tommy 2 or 3

Get at me.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You don't defend yourself, you say you are trolilng >_>

Putting you on the ignore list was pointless lol, I still look at all of your posts.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
You don't defend yourself, you say you are trolilng >_>

Putting you on the ignore list was pointless lol, I still look at all of your posts.
Your just saying the same lies Justin said. That's not even what I do. I'm not HRnut. But like I said...

DFEAR

Smash Hero
honestly. you're all bad at what u all do. so it doesnt matter. continue your lifes and just keep ****ting on people or gettin **** on whatever rocks your ****ty boat

AfroQT

Smash Master
Just got the last achievement in Super Meat Boy...every stage A+, all bandages collected, im a golden god

--Afro, Golden God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom