• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Dynamism

Smash Lord
@Scav
Still, you can really complain when every weekday you get a new tidbit about Brawl. Beggers can't be choosers. So maybe some updates are cooler than others (ie: Ike vs. Banana Peel... :p), at least it's something.
Also, I wonder if Sakurai needs clearance from the rest of his team or from Nintendo to reveal this stuff.
I loved the banana...

Lol....

So any predictions for tonight? I think it's definetely Peach.
It's always definately Peach and I will love it soooo much when she uses me tonight...

Please, Someone make a thread explaining the threads! I don't understand.
lol I'm starting to get it. This one is already confirmed stuff, just so ya no.

Yoshi SM all the way to home page smashbros.com

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Yay for Ike's attacks.
It seems slow and powerful characters will have frames of unflinchyness at the beginning of their attacks.
It's a good thing.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Coll! I figured were going to special moves,and I said hopefully Ike's! Well,this means he is definitely not a Marth clone now!

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I really like what they're doing with the slower characters now.

I've said it before around my friends, that making a character like Bowser immune to knock-back (as Yoshi) would make them far more feasable. I feel prophetic...

This will make all the slower characters more effective, without changing their core persona; that being the slow, hard hitting, tanks.

Technically, this provides an increase in game balance.

Before, if you were Bowser vs, say, a Marth; it didn't matter how strong your attacks were, Marth could always hit you before you even execute them, toy you with ariels, and wear you down enough for an eventual K.O. - without getting hit (mostly).

Now, if there's no knock-back on Bowser, he can get that special move in on Marth, because Marth can't interrupt him! There is now a fighting chance for these slow characters!

I'm a big fan.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Hope fully they will give Donkey Kong the ability to wall jump, how is that a monkey that swings from tree to tree jumping off tree branches can't even wall jump

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I really like what they're doing with the slower characters now.

I've said it before around my friends, that making a character like Bowser immune to knock-back (as Yoshi) would make them far more feasable. I feel prophetic...

This will make all the slower characters more effective, without changing their core persona; that being the slow, hard hitting, tanks.

Technically, this provides an increase in game balance.

Before, if you were Bowser vs, say, a Marth; it didn't matter how strong your attacks were, Marth could always hit you before you even execute them, toy you with ariels, and wear you down enough for an eventual K.O. - without getting hit (mostly).

Now, if there's no knock-back on Bowser, he can get that special move in on Marth, because Marth can't interrupt him! There is now a fighting chance for these slow characters!

I'm a big fan.
I almost 100% agree with this. The only thing is, saying a character like Bowser has "no knockback" seems unlikely, and actually completely unfair. I think that as a character like Bowser or DK takes damage, they should be gradually more effected by knockback. They may be flinchless at first, but eventually they have to start getting smacked around. Afterall, you have to knock them off the stage somehow.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Agree with circus in every way...

But that thing about nnot flinching, OMG my bowsers Fsmash can finally LAND on an oponent! XD

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Wait...so we talk about the updates HERE...but when someone makes a topic about the update, discussion HERE about the update is ended?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
since this thread was made for past Dojo updates then I guess i'll talk about Bowser's Final Smash, it definetly is awesome because i can actually control Giga Bowser (muhahahahah) and since i main Bowser i am definetly looking forward to maining him again in Brawl, but Sakurai did mention he would'nt be the same like in melee so I'm wondering what ti wil be, but whatever it is I hope it doesn't make Bowser worse

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
So when you say you main Bowser you're really mean that you lose alot? Just kidding...

I think he'll stay more or less the same though looking at the screens... I bet there will only be very minor adjustments like the invulnerability after certain moves.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I hope so and I can believe that to be true, and as a Bowser player I typically do not lose with him, unless I went up against Gimpyfish

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I like the idea update,mainly becuase I said we would have music yesterday! I'm two for two,baby! Anyway,I think Ike will be really good becuase righ now he seems to be the fastest heavy character,so kind of get the best of both worlds in him.,

Ash Hol

Smash Apprentice
The music was pretty good not the best though. Ike seems to me a good player. He does seem like the fastest heavyweight character, rivaling link.

bored

Smash Ace
I'm SO glad I took my *** to sleep as opposed to staying up for that lame *** update.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I'm SO glad I took my *** to sleep as opposed to staying up for that lame *** update.
Same here. I was planning on staying up,but I fell asleep at around 11:00. I am now glad I did,despite the fact that I don't think this update is all that bad. I'm still guessing either a character update, pokeball,or AT.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
I like to compare this no-flinch ability to that of Broly/SS Trunks/others in DBZ Tenkaichi. Even though these characters are considered cheap in that game, it provides the necessary balance for the large, slow characters. And its not like they wont take damage or have 0 knockback. Good update!

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Wow this thread is going so much slower since the change, not long now.

Fawriel

Smash Master
It has become more quiet... but I'll still post to subscribe in it because I'm too lazy to browse around subforums all the time. Go User CP!

So, Pit's FS.
Amazing goddess.
Lame flying soldier dudes.
In my opinion, the worst final smash so far.

Makes way for more summoning moves, I guess. So far, we haven't seen a single FS that's similar to another... quite a feat. I wonder how long Sakurai will be able to keep this up.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Who knows, those little guys could be a lot more devastating than you think, we will have to see.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
It has become more quiet... but I'll still post to subscribe in it because I'm too lazy to browse around subforums all the time. Go User CP!

So, Pit's FS.
Amazing goddess.
Lame flying soldier dudes.
In my opinion, the worst final smash so far.

Makes way for more summoning moves, I guess. So far, we haven't seen a single FS that's similar to another... quite a feat. I wonder how long Sakurai will be able to keep this up.

I figured Palutena was going to be in Pit's final smash! God,I'm getting good at being right!(even though I didn't except a final smash.)

Anyway,enough of my bragging. Even though I thought Pit's FS would be cooler than this,these little guys don't seem so bad.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Until we see a video, we cant assume too much about this FS, we dont really know how fast those little guys are going, Sakurai said they move at incredible speeds. Plus there could be a lot more than what we see, it's supposed to be an army, not a squadron. Finally, we obvisouly dont know how much damage each one does, so we'll have to wait and see just how good this FS is.

bored

Smash Ace
Wow I guess Sakurai is punishing us with these halfassed updates.. thank god though, I can get more sleep then staying up...

Snakz

Smash Ace
^Well considering we got two huge updates last week, it was gonna happen sooner or later

Stryks

Smash Hero
I like the update, glad we finally see a newcomers FS... but in comparison, this FS fails to intrigue me...

fliying guys that look like popeye aint very exciting, and it seems pelutena is disconfirmed, really after I saw that pic I TOTALLY want her playable...

Fawriel

Smash Master
The reason why people are complaining is simple: It looks lame. And looks are, besides the assurance that these kids are quite fast, all that we have.
It would already help a lot if the centurions were somewhat bigger.
The way they are and how they fall after attacking, really seems about as powerful as throwing rubber duckies.

Not to mention they are kind of an aesthetic let-down after the GiGaGoddess. o_o

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Not to mention they are kind of an aesthetic let-down after the GiGaGoddess. o_o
Honestly, Palutena more than makes up for the lack of aesthetics the centurions have

The only real problem is due to Ike, as being a new character we can't tell if he's blocking/countering or flinching or even attacking, so we can't tell how much force these guys have. They're probably quite powerful, and all that happened is hat Ike was lucky enough to get an attack out on one, causing a glancing hit animation.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Well compared to last weeks updates, this week deffinetly doesn't have the same excitement, but im not complaining (at least im not trying to seem that way).

But like i said, this FS could be a lot better than it looks, well just have to see.

As for Ike, who the hell knows, perhaps the bubble shield really is gone...

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, of course this week doesn't match up to last week... the only thing that prolly will top if is if he either announces a new form of single/multiplayer or some long-battled character, like geno or something.

BTW, Square-Enix is finally making games for VC, so hey, you never know. Off-topic, anyway.

Snakz

Smash Ace
I predict a stage tonight

<off-topic> It's so empty in here without all the spammers, it's pretty refreshing actually, just felt like adding that :) </off-topic>

Top Bottom