• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
wow no stage? no character? What a strange and disappointing week.

Fawriel

Smash Master

"Q: Why does it say MOTHER on this item?
A: Is there anything WRONG with having an item that says that?"

Come on, Saki, we all know what it means. ^_~

Earthbound confirmed, biatches!

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
****..2 Items? I should be happy, but I'm tired of items!! They're the last thing I want!

I guess Earthbound is now confirmed, though. So, that's good. Nice item. It'll work like Fox's reflector but without having to do anything.

But, come on. 2 items, no new character, no new stage, no new at? WTF, Sakurai.

Oh, and LMAO @ Come on, now! Where are you sticking that thing?

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Temporary reflector for everybody? Good idea. You know, I wonder whether fans like us would actually come up with the stuff Sakurai and the gang has. I mean, with every new item they seem to get it down pat, mixing quirks (Kirby is always a bit kooky) with new, clever ideas (capacity to bounce on others, ATs).

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Bummer on no Peach update. Oh well,we'll get her soon enough! This bage thing seems really useful,and might be one of the best items revealed so far!(The Banana Peel and Smoke Ball probably being the worst)

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
This is the one item I actually like so far. Imagine Marth, if he was in, being invicible to projectiles. Marth + immunity to SHL = GOD.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Looks like it'll be alot of fun, but what if you play a character that doesn't use any projectiles?

I'm thinking it reflects all and any projectiles... including other items, since Fox's reflector could do that in the other games.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
hm. I guess we are gonna see Ness after all, I could be wrong maybe Lucas which would be better imo
I don't get it,what's the difference between Ness and Lucas? Also,when do you think we'll see any of the old items returning?

Star105

Smash Journeyman
well i didn't expect any thing good this week compared to last week where we had great updates so this week was expected to be bad.

the frankiln badge seems cool though

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Yup,The Frankin badge seems preey decent. Wh know,s maybe the EB fans will get to have heart-attacks if Ness is revealed on Monday.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nope, that's just a common and untrue rumor. However, the original 8+original secret 4 will probabl return, we're just lacking ALL the secret 4=no one doubts Capt. Falcon, Luigi, Ness, or Jiggs [well maybe Jiggs] really. ;)

On-topic: Love the Kid Icarus music, that MADE ME SUPER HAPPY! :) Hearing classic tunes redone is like seeing your favorite retro characters, CLASSIC, AMAZING, and makes you want to wavedash to Spain and back! :laugh: Seriously though, it's like the Zelda II theme, Venom theme, Zebes theme, Rainbow Cruise theme, EarthBound theme, Mother 1 theme, Fourside theme, Pokemon theme, Corneria theme, Yoshi's Story theme, SM World 2 theme, DKC themes, Zelda main theme, and Saria's Song redone: EPIC, FUN, and CLASSIC! :) Makes me real happy! :)

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
BUMP.

No way! The Pokémon Trainer has finally arrived. And it looks like he doesn’t do his fighting directly.

Instead, he uses the three Pokémon with him—Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard—to do the fighting for him.

The Pokémon Trainer watches from the background.

Is... Is he issuing commands?!

He needs to use his three Pokémon to fight. So the only ones who fight directly are the
Pokémon.

I guess you could say using this character is like playing three for the price of one!

And the Pokémon Trainer uses a special move called Pokémon Change to switch between them.

<Down Special Move: Pokémon change>

They all share the same damage meter, so they don’t recover from damage during Pokémon Change. But they also have another stat, which you might call stamina.

If you keep fighting with the same Pokémon, or if you change them out too often, it’s not so good for the Pokémon.

If you want to be a good Pokémon Trainer, you’ll need to learn these kinds of ins and outs.

Not all photos. Discuss.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I guess the stamina thing is because Charizard would pwn way too hard otherwise

Fawriel

Smash Master
I've already said everything elsewhere, so I'll say this here:

I love the last line.

"If you want to be a good Pokémon Trainer, you’ll need to learn these kinds of ins and outs."

That's so appropriate for the game it's insane.
What a genius.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
omg I almost die seeing this update in Smashbros.com its amazing!!! u can control the 3 starter pokemons!!! wow!!!!! the trainer just use DownB so that leave, NeutralB, UpB and SideB to use in each pokemon!!!! so u can see hydropump, flamethrower, and more!!! omg!!!! and changing the pokemon will be very strategic to survive!!!! wow... I didn't imagine this coming!! We knew Pokmon trainer fighting by himself would be a terrible idea but... a Pkmn Trainer throwing 3 pokemons to fight in the battlefield!! omg!!!!

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
omg I almost die seeing this update in Smashbros.com its amazing!!! u can control the 3 starter pokemons!!! wow!!!!! the trainer just use DownB so that leave, NeutralB, UpB and SideB to use in each pokemon!!!! so u can see hydropump, flamethrower, and more!!! omg!!!! and changing the pokemon will be very strategic to survive!!!! wow... I didn't imagine this coming!! We knew Pokmon trainer fighting by himself would be a terrible idea but... a Pkmn Trainer throwing 3 pokemons to fight in the battlefield!! omg!!!!

I NEVER SAZ THEES COMEN GUYZ OMGZ LULZ 1111ONEONEELEVEN!!!!!!!!ONWONW!!!!!!!!1ONE!!1111ONE!!!!!

Sorry, but that IS all I saw in that there post.

Kidding.

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
I seems that stamina, as was said a few posts up, was implemented to keep the character(s) from becoming broken. It could be assumed that one of the three is better than the other two (such as Shiek/Zelda), and perhaps would have lower stamina, so you would have to switch them out every so often.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Actually, i suppose each pokemon could have their own FS... that'd be neat

****it! this update makes me want to play Brawl even more than before! i didn't think that was possible

Edit: is it me, or does Red look like he's made out of clay? i know it's the lighting, it just looks...weird

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
Dunno if anyones said already but have you noticed metaknight has gone of the player list?

Probibly a glitch I guess.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Of course not. lol.

All joking aside... how the heck is an apprentice better than a journeyman? Discuss. lol.

But still... I'm still hoping for more info to my boy Meta.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Well, before I tried to advertise the AWESOME AD IN MY SIGNATURE, my sig was Pit and Meta in a dramatic background looking at eachother, and in the middle it says Let's Brawl! .
Anyways, the reason that was my sig was because I'm looking forward to playing as Pit and Metaknight the most so far...well, now Pokemon Trainer has me the most excited.
Well, since we've already seen alot of Pit, I'm REALLY hoping for a Metaknight update.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
Devil/AT

It’s the devil from the NES game, Devil World! This particular game was never released in the United States, actually.

Anyway, when this evil guy shows up, you know it’s time for... What does he do again?

Well, he certainly appears to be in good shape.

After he ascends with his bat wings, he’ll move to a determined spot on the screen. Then he’ll jab his fingers up over his head!

To the side! He’s pointing to the side!

And now the screen scrolls!
In Smash Bros., going off the screen means you’re out of the ring, and breaking that rule is very problematic.

So what happens then? Extreme panic and new strategies.

Maybe something like this!

Here’s an Assist Trophy that throws common sense out the window. I mean, he’s not assisting at all!

Anyone know about this Devil guy? I could swear I've seen him before somewhere.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sakurai is defenestrating all conventions and including everything we couldn't even imagine with our minds still stuck with Melee.

That guy looks crazy fun. =D

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_World
Yeah, had a look on it right after my other post.

I totally forgot Tamagon was from Devil's World. I'm starting to get the idea all AT's will be either videogame franchise allies/enemies, or their own NES game's villains/heroes. And yes, crazy funs. Crazy funs.

..JUST AS CRAZY AS THES:

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Yeah, had a look on it right after my other post.

I totally forgot Tamagon was from Devil's World. I'm starting to get the idea all AT's will be either videogame franchise allies/enemies, or their own NES game's villains/heroes. And yes, crazy funs. Crazy funs.

..JUST AS CRAZY AS THES:
I don't know why, but that made me laugh really,REALLY,hard! Devil makes the second update in a row involving cool characters that do something innovative. These two things are just one of the many reasons Brawl=best game ever.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
About that AT Demon guy, I really don't know what to say..........it's o..k I guess. That Pokémon Trainer has really top it over, that Pokémon Trainer was the best update by far. I'm done for the week, Pokémon Trainer update was too good.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
About that AT Demon guy, I really don't know what to say..........it's o..k I guess. That Pokémon Trainer has really top it over, that Pokémon Trainer was the best update by far. I'm done for the week, Pokémon Trainer update was too good.
Yeah that update automatically made it an A ranked week

Top Bottom