• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *NEW* Ice Climbers Stage Discussion Topic

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
THE *NEW* ICE CLIMBERS STAGE DISCUSSION TOPIC

With these boards in need of new stage discussion thread, I have decided to take over this project and it done correctly. As needed, we start discussing stages one by one and go in depth about whether these stages are beneficial or not and why. Below is the format for the summary of each stage (will be updated as we go along)

[collapse=The Format]

FINAL DESTINATION
[ Starter Stage ]

[collapse=Summary]*Insert Summary Here* [/collapse]

[collapse=Characters to Take Here]*Insert Characters Here* [/collapse]

[collapse=Characters to Avoid Here] *Insert Characters Here*[/collapse]

[collapse=Notable Quotes] *Insert Notable Quotes Here*[/collapse]

[collapse=Ratings] *Insert Ratings Here*

Ratings Format

5: A top notch stage for Ice Climbers. This stage enables/enhances the staples of our gameplay and gives us a major advantage. If this isn't banned we should definitely Counterpick this stage.

4: A good stage for Ice Climbers. This gives us a solid advantage in most cases. Definitely worth going to if our best option(s) is not available.

3: An average stage for Ice Climbers. This stage doesn't particularly benefit us or perhaps it does marginally in some matchups. This stage may also have some attributes that nullify some advantages we might have here.

2: A bad stage for Ice Climbers. This stage has some attributes/hazards that limits our ability to operate efficiently. We should consider banning this stage in many situations.

1. A terrible stage for Ice Climbers. This stage has attributes/hazards that completely or almost completely limit our options and prevent us from being able to operate to our full potential. We will more than likely ban this stage in a set.

[/collapse]

[/collapse]

We will generally go by a voting process to determine which stage we will be discussing. Since this thread has been revamped, it is now open and ready for use. So guys which stage should we discuss first?

:popo:

Roller

Smash Legend
You literally need a separate section for every character on each stage. Meaning, when playing vs Falco on this stage, use ... to your advantage, Watch out for..., playing campy/aggressive is best vs this character on this stage because... Be extra cautious on this transformation as they can do this here...

Not just Characters that are good/bad to take here. With a general statement for the stage to encompass all matchups.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Why do you already have Listings for MK/Falco/Peach on where they rate on FD without discussion?

That's inherent bias on your part :\

Needs more collapse tags.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Its an example, I just clicked random faces.
We will do separate sections for characters, but I wanna start with overall.
Discuss FD.
Overall do we like it as a stage?
Then what characters would we like to take, what characters do we not want there, and what characters could we care less about at the stage?

:phone:

DeLux

You should get rid of the clutter of the other future stages until we get around to discussing them. For now it just looks ugly :\

And you should post directoins for discussion in the OP like you did in your previous post.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
We beat every character but Snake and Diddy very very badly here. Not much needs to be said. Snake can use the size of the stage to camp and Diddy loves flat spaces as much as we do.

An IC main will never get to play here, ever.

DeLux

I think we beat both Diddy and Snake here. Just not as badly as a lot of character.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Thanks for the suggestions!
See, now I know how to make one of theese better!
I put MK, cause I thought he can't platform camp.
I put falco, cause he's easy to chaingrab, but his lasers can get us good.
And I put peach because it's peach.
There now there's reason.
I'll edit it all soon.

Blissard

Smash Lord
I am so ready for this thread.

But on a serious note, listen to what VanilLux and Roller are saying about organization, cause I had to scroll through a catastrophic mess of dark blue crap to reach other people's posts.

DeLux

Why are the characters still listed incorrectly despite you editing it? :(

DeLux

Any other level in the Ditto lol

And according to our discussion so far, it's a bad counterpick against Peach. That's what the OP told me :)

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
There how's that?
Now if you take my little example as true, you can read right under it and stfu.
No issues.
Freaking discuss. Overall it's a good stage right? Lots of room to CG and no one can PC to get away from us.
I don't like taking tink here, he has good use of projectiles, and you can't CG him past like 12% or something crazy like that.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
What are you even talking about? FD is by far our best option v TL. I even go ICs on FD v TL if they let me, and I go MK on TL 90% of the time. We can CG anyone at any % and nobody has landing options on this stage, which is why we **** so hard here.

Next stage.

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm really not trying to be rude.

However:

You haven't done anything to the Original Post to improve the quality of the thread.You have still tainted it with unproven bias bull**** by saying that this is a bad stage against Peach. You haven't even included a picture or a brief description of the stage.

And on top of all of that: ITS FINAL DESTINATION. This is the LAST stage we need to discuss. And the only way an IC will ever play on this stage in tournament is if you pocket them (pretty much what Cheese said).

You should have started off with a community vote first before doing this. Or at least start with something more interesting..that we can actually discuss.

Don't get mad that your thread isn't living up to the community's standards because you decided to half *** this project. That's why Lux was voted to spearhead this.

And I still will do this Lux doesn't want to. I know I could do a better job than this. No offense.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
None takin.
It's not any oppinion.
Infact, below the example, it's says "this is INCORRECT information, not mine or any other IC's oppinion."
but whatever, I gave it a shot, shut it down

Roller

Smash Legend
Yo, Guest (Hospes) inb4'd this happening so hard.

Also. Don't lock the thread, just transfer the OP to Lux/Tech, and the second post to Tech as well if he winds up spearheading this.

DeLux

Tech should do it. It'll keep him motivated to play ICs :)

Drop King 1.0 GPA already lol

ZTD | TECHnology

LOL he may be ******** but he's still fun :D

Also I'm totally doing the Cheese method.

And alright I'll get this up and running Sunday since I have a tournament to host tomorrow.And Lux I knew you were doing to pass this off to me..for that exact reason lol

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
>FD discussion
>ICs forum

:laugh:

Seriously, is there any other stage you should even consider as a counterpick if you can pick this? In any matchup?
Well considering the only way we're ever EVER are going to go to FD is:
A) Someone with no experience whatsoever in the MU and has been living under a rock doesn' stage strike it
or B) Its Icies dittos and neither you or the opposing IC would want to strike it.

Also, we don't lose a single matchup on FD, period. Its just that powerful for us. We can go even with Snake/Diddy, but we don't lose the matchup to anyone.

Blissard

Smash Lord
Aww man it's already over? I missed out on all the action :(

Now if you take my little example as true, you can read right under it and stfu.
Wait, why would you post incorrect info just to say to ignore it?

you can't CG him past like 12% or something crazy like that.

Sorry, I know everyone here is being harsh on you, but really. This is why you leave the actual thread making to a more experienced player. Partially I feel bad cause I know everyone here is milking you for lols cause they know you're inexperienced, but you should've saw it coming. It was clearly impossible for you to lead a discussion about something which you clearly don't know much, if anything, about. Creating the OP isn't just summarizing stuff and maiking things pretty; you actually have to lead discussion, and it's pretty hard to take seriously with some of your posts, like the above 2 that I quoted.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Wait, why would you post incorrect info just to say to ignore it?

Sorry, I know everyone here is being harsh on you, but really. This is why you leave the actual thread making to a more experienced player. Partially I feel bad cause I know everyone here is milking you for lols cause they know you're inexperienced.
it's a freaking example. NOT part of the discussion, Not true. Just showing what the plan is and what it will look like.
Also, I made this just to see what it's like to make this. I didn't expect it to survive, and know nothing about the stage MU's
but if I remember correctly, I was told to "not even try to CG toon link, it might as well be impossible" the thread wouldve helped me learn them as well.

B0NK

Smash Lord
but if I remember correctly, I was told to "not even try to Grab toon link, it might as well be impossible" the thread wouldve helped me learn them as well.
Fixed. And even then I don't agree with that, but at least it's makes semi-sense to me >.>

Unlike anything else you post.

Just listen to everyone, they are truly trying to help. But it seems you are making them frustrated by being stubborn.

Also IC don't have a problem with any character on FD... of all things to discuss >.<

Seriously... no platforms for your opponent to run away to or semi-protect there landing from a grab??? (remember... a lot of moves have that 2-frame to 4-frame landing lag.... sometimes more [exceptions of course being like grenade, aura sphere charging, z-airs, etc.])

I cosign everyone's post in this thread, except mr. game and watch (obv).

Won't be posting here again until it's under new management, I suggest everyone else does the same =)

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Rude. I'm not being stubborn, and ilisten to all of em. But if I don't see an issue, I'm not gonna let everyone be right for everything. I respect all of your gameing skills, but I don't have to agree to posting situations on every occasion.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Worked my magic.

Sorry it took so long.

Top Bottom