• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
if theres any brawl tourneys going on in nassau county someone, anyone PLEASE PM ME!!

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Umm... what's with the "please tell me about it" stuff? Why not just look for them on your own? It's not like I expect people to just call me or PM me or e-mail me about an upcoming tournament all the time. There's plenty of info on smashboards about upcoming tournaments all over the place in Tournament Listings... so yea.

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
iight so check it. who ever wants to play jus hit GMoney up on his pimp *** cell phone. he will answer whenever his not pimpin ho's. ask for Gordon. this way i will keep ur guys names and numbers down and KEEP U WELL INFORMED on any smash activities in the smash community. i can wipe ur *** too if u want. but with all seriousness, do call. my number is 516 850 8078. i will keep in touch with u can try to set something up. i feel that way is more effective and than trying to unanimously agree on the boards.

P.S. first 10 callers will recieve a 5 dollar check in the male within 5 business days

CALL!!!... and tell ur friends to call to. i would just like to know how many people are interested

Ryan-K

Smash Master
hey guys just checking in so you know im still alive...

ill be back on the 22nd of july but ill probly stay at my dads for a week, but by the 22nd /23rd my cell will work at home so like yeah. i really wanna play melee or brawl. also wow at the smashfest thing lol li sucks

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
hey guys just checking in so you know im still alive...

ill be back on the 22nd of july but ill probly stay at my dads for a week, but by the 22nd /23rd my cell will work at home so like yeah. i really wanna play melee or brawl. also wow at the smashfest thing lol li sucks
so will u be able to come to the tounry if it's on the 23

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
also i haven;t been recieving any calls long island. do u guys just want smash to die out? come on and post or give me a call.
once again my number is 516 850 8078. ask for gordon
i'm doin all within my power to get this tourny running on august 23. it's going to be at this placed called The Game Table, it's near where parallax used to be. for info about the place u can go to thegametableonline.com or call me. i spoke to these guys already and i decided to make a brawl melee tourny so that everybody may be accomodated.

SO NOW IT'S UP TO YOU!! hype this up, tell a friend, say that ur coming. do any little thing. dont let smash die in L.I.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
also i haven;t been recieving any calls long island. do u guys just want smash to die out? come on and post or give me a call.
once again my number is 516 850 8078. ask for gordon
i'm doin all within my power to get this tourny running on august 23. it's going to be at this placed called The Game Table, it's near where parallax used to be. for info about the place u can go to thegametableonline.com or call me. i spoke to these guys already and i decided to make a brawl melee tourny so that everybody may be accomodated.

SO NOW IT'S UP TO YOU!! hype this up, tell a friend, say that ur coming. do any little thing. dont let smash die in L.I.
hey i went to the game table to see if i could run a tourny there and they said ok but they wanted to ask if you were ok with it since you asked first, i came a day later then you. so is it cool if i run one there the 9? it will be a brawl tourny.

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
hey i went to the game table to see if i could run a tourny there and they said ok but they wanted to ask if you were ok with it since you asked first, i came a day later then you. so is it cool if i run one there the 9? it will be a brawl tourny.

hey y dont we just try to make it all on the same day. if u wanna do the 9th das fine but we could just try to make everything on the same day. u said u wanted a brawl tourny and i had told them to male a brawl melee tounry so are u ok with doin both the brawl and melee. i was tryin to get more ppl with both games and i know alot of melee ppl. so tell me what u think about that

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
hey y dont we just try to make it all on the same day. if u wanna do the 9th das fine but we could just try to make everything on the same day. u said u wanted a brawl tourny and i had told them to male a brawl melee tounry so are u ok with doin both the brawl and melee. i was tryin to get more ppl with both games and i know alot of melee ppl. so tell me what u think about that
i don't think holding mine the 9th will affect how many people come to yours plus the more we hold the better for the smash community so if you don't mind i think i will do mine the 9th.

Also doing a brawl/melee tourny is a very good idea and i will be coming to the brawl part of yours

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
i am afraid that if we run them too close together like that people wont have time/money to go to both. also after talkin with multiple people in the smash community from different states, there are about 2-3 major Oos (Out of State) so if we were to have it on the 9th the attendance rate will not be as high as if we had it on the 23. so unfortunatley i will have to stick to having mine on the 23 and if u feel that having ur's on the 9th will yield a positive out come then by all means please do and i will gladly attend, i'm am all for a better smash community but with my insight on the situation i will stick with my plan. i already have about 20-25 people coming for sure (they are all bringing people with them) and i haven't gotten to everyone yet.

if u feel differently about it please post or call me at ur earliest convinience. 516 850 8078

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i don't think that this will affect who will come besides the out of state people. some places have bi weeklys all the time so i don't were the problem would be.

also if you don't mind can you try to get people you know to come to my tourny i will do the same for yours

here is the link to the tourny

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183968

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
ATTENTION

There is a location in Deer Park (Yay Suffolk) that has asked me to help them put on a brawl tourny to kind of get them on their feet.

The place is a 'teen hangout', but they have computers, DDR stations and a decent size gaming area.

A year ago, the guy mentioned to me what he was opening and I told him we had a decent tourny scene on LI.

http://www.teenmindblaster.com/

If there are people interested and we can get some bodies to fill the place up, maybe he'll let me run a monthly or a bi-monthly out of there.

If you're interested, be sure to let me know.

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
is it really called Teen Hangout? >_>

I'll go, depends on the date and price, and whether or not it's a front for a...****...house. (do those exist?)

EDIT: what's a thimble?

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Nah, it's not a **** house.

The guy just wanted to make a place where younger teens with working parents could go and not end up on drugs. Cute idea, but good luck with that, lol.

And hey, be honest: What could be more fun than a good Brawl tourny and a thimble full of ****?

Date's not set yet, and pricing will be standard: Either $10 or $15 for singles, the place takes half, the other half goes into the pot for the tourny.

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
Nah, it's not a **** house.

The guy just wanted to make a place where younger teens with working parents could go and not end up on drugs. Cute idea, but good luck with that, lol.

And hey, be honest: What could be more fun than a good Brawl tourny and a thimble full of ****?

Date's not set yet, and pricing will be standard: Either $10 or $15 for singles, the place takes half, the other half goes into the pot for the tourny.
sounds like a **** house to me

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
You're out of town for all of September?

Because ideally, I'm looking for late August. 29th or 30th would be my choices, but I have to work it out with the owner.

If we can get a running list of interested people, that'd be great.

Myself, obviously.
Darkest
Rongod22

Feel free to add yourselves, please.

Rongod22

Smash Rookie
Dix Hills, New York (for the Summer, at least)
Actually, I'm going back to Boston for College in September, possibly earlier, so I wouldn't be back until Thanksgiving. My choices would be any time after the 21st of August, but before the 31st. I'll let you know if plans change. (If I have to leave earlier or if I can stay longer). If I can make it, that would be great, but you don't have to completely rearrange what you have planned on my account. Just keep me posted. We'll see what happens.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Yes they do.

The guy basically opened it with his savings, I think.

I have a better DDR mat, lol.

Thank you Parallax [RIP :(]

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
in the tourny i am hosting there is a very good chance i will be able to record matches. i should be able to get one recorder o problem and i might be able to get a 2nd one as well and if i get the 2nd one many matches can and will be recorded if i only get one i will record the big matches maybe final 8 or 4

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
in the tourny i am hosting there is a very good chance i will be able to record matches. i should be able to get one recorder o problem and i might be able to get a 2nd one as well and if i get the 2nd one many matches can and will be recorded if i only get one i will record the big matches maybe final 8 or 4
how much will yours cost to enter?

Top Bottom