• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Keepers just being a ****ty little cockweasel for no reason Kline, ignore him.
yea word...Its as I expected lol.

also, do u know who payed for shane's entry to g2, he may need a refund...I talked to boback about it and as long as he is notified no later than thursday he can get refunded. im kinda assuming sharlene was the card holder but I could be wrong. see if u can find any of that out.

:phone:

keeper

Smash Champion
Keeper, do you own a house?

not live in one, but do you yourself, own a house?
I wasn't arguing that I owned one. My family hasn't lived in a house for a long time. It's not like Washington's sales tax is even very high.
I don't see why you need to come into the Oregon thread intermittently just to be a ****. It's like you come in here trying to create **** just to be a little *** so you can then go to tournaments and sit there playing CPUs by yourself practicing useless techs with Mewtwo while being super anti-social.

Also, Gage, I doubt that's you posting, so 'sup, Shane?

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Dunno, might be, Shane's in jail last I heard. And can we stop the **** talking people? No need to start **** and cause strife in a community that's already in need of growth. This is not the way to help melee. Vox/Balloon, expect texts yo, I want to smash once or twice this week. <3

Vox the Fox

Smash Cadet
Thank you, Wad. I can see how that would be annoying (I've moderated chat rooms...nothing is more annoying than a calm, collected, rational troll or trouble maker, and how), but I'm going to side with Infinitora on this one. Let's stop the hate, y'all! There are like...only ten of us as it is... And I'm just starting, so I'd rather not be part of a (another) quickly sinking ship.

I'm just waiting for the call (text), Infinitora. I'll make time, anytime.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
there is no hate, I dislike very few people. lmao keeper always takes it super seriously, and I guess now thinks im anti social lol. but I just like ****in with keeper cuz he don't know no better.

fyi I said not paying SALES tax makes you soft, everything u said from that point keeper was irrelevant, especially since you probably don't pay any taxes on the regular. noob.

and gage or shane, its coo, I talked to the one calling himself eggz and its coo now.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
My personal opinion of sales tax is that children below the age of 16-18 should not be responsible for what is being put in place for adults. Apart from that I find it annoying, but that's not as big of a deal.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
honesty I think that would be cool. minus the repercussions of it all.

id like to do away with the penny, and also force advertisements to be much more up front....ie don't list the price at all or if they do make sure the full minimum balance is quoted. id want stores to list prices after tax.

debaser

Smash Lord
ugh that's my least favorite part about sales tax. it feels like a betrayal, when you go up to pay and it's like 5.38 instead of that nice and clean 4.99. and of course you're at the point of no return at the register so you begrudgingly slap down your last dollar you were gonna buy a damn cheeseburger with but now you just have a pocket full of useless assorted metal little ****s of residual currency all jangling and stressing you out when you're trying to sit down.

you know maybe you've got a point with the sales tax thing, I have a mini conniption whenever I'm confronted by it.

keeper

Smash Champion
honesty I think that would be cool. minus the repercussions of it all.

id like to do away with the penny, and also force advertisements to be much more up front....ie don't list the price at all or if they do make sure the full minimum balance is quoted. id want stores to list prices after tax.

At TP4, Kenzie and Kendall took me to a place called ****'s that accounted for the sales tax. I had never encountered this before all the times I'd been to WA and Canada and it was very nice.

"$x.99" pricing has always irked me.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
In Japan they also make their stuff cost odd amounts so that after sales tax they'll cost an even 500 yen or something like that. Its very common there and really cool.

Vox the Fox

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to say thanks and GG's, Infinitora and Bart. It's awesome to have real (and way better) opponents. Hopefully we'll be able to make it up to Corvallis sometime soon for one of these Smashfests. I'll be in Corvallis, doing college orientation stuff on the 21st and 22nd, so if there's anything going on around then, I might be able to take part, although it would probably have to be in the afternoon of the 22nd.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Those were good games, glad you both could make it! Less of a gap til next smashfest imos, I miss this game too much. :p I can tell how you have improved since even just the last time Vox, keep it up man. And Bart, rad to finally meet you and get a bunch of play time in... Definitely have to play again soon! Your patience is too good with edgeguarding!

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
So, thoughts on Genesis 2? Good **** Armada on taking an international, been a long time coming. Amazing showing from Taj, Mewtwo taking third? What the butt, that's amazing. I was very impressed at Mango's play as well... Was surprised he didn't take it as he seemed to be outplaying Armada, but Mango's sportsmanship actually kinda won me over a bit, giving Armada handshakes and brohugs afterward, not to mention the kind words he had for PP who had (legit) flu johns. Seemed to be a pretty amazing tournament... Hoping to have a cash flow available and skill to be able to participate in Genesis 3.

Thoughts?

keeper

Smash Champion
Lol at people thinking Taj played only or mostly Mewtwo. No disrespect to him, the guy doesn't even play Melee that much anymore, but he also plays a super sexy Marth.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Lol at people thinking Taj played only or mostly Mewtwo. No disrespect to him, the guy doesn't even play Melee that much anymore, but he also plays a super sexy Marth.
True enough, I'm sorta fanboyish in some ways over his mew2, I don't give his marth enough credit. His marth is very sexeh.

keeper

Smash Champion
As far as I know, his Mewtwo is pretty much his anti-Falco thanks to Forward.

Willing to bet his Marth does just as well in the match-up if people know how to deal with Mewtwo though.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I was not expecting Taj to make it so far, I was thinking Axe or Wobbles would be the more likely AZ candidate. Regardless, Taj ***** and that match against Mango was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom