• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
There is no other option than winning if you want to have fun. Unless of course you get fame for losing. Like being really freaking good and cool and people like you because you barely lost to m2k in a super close set. That is the only time losing is rewarding.

Also, I do count because I used to suck hella ****. I was one of the worst in the state. I would lose to Timmy and Tommy (their sheik and fox mind you) all the time. I'd lose to Tudios' Pikachu. Then I got better and now I'm where I'm at. Y'all can do the same.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
There is no other option than winning if you want to have fun. Unless of course you get fame for losing. Like being really freaking good and cool and people like you because you barely lost to m2k in a super close set. That is the only time losing is rewarding.

Also, I do count because I used to suck hella ****. I was one of the worst in the state. I would lose to Timmy and Tommy (their sheik and fox mind you) all the time. I'd lose to Tudios' Pikachu. Then I got better and now I'm where I'm at. Y'all can do the same.
I'm working on it too. I just go slower than everyone else :[

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
You have determination Gage, which is good, but I still disagree with your mindset of being so hard on yourself.

In fact, all y'all are too hard on yourselves. Quit being emo guys. And of all people to say that, the fact that it's me is most ironic. haha

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
hey the avatars are back.

In other news, I want to play someone, and I still need to get my ****ing cords back so I can actually start learning this IC's ****

Grunt

Smash Master
hey did anyone leave a controller at our house?
no one has said anything yet, so i assume it's either box or loop or one of those other guys who doesn't post here.

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
Because OR's boring and uneventful and no one has anything to talk about.

SO HOW ABOUT OUR SMASH SCENE? ISN'T IT JUST LIVELY?

-cricket-

miggyS

Smash Rookie
hello oregonians! new smasher on the scene. i moved up to portland for college and i've been itching to play some competitive players. all my college friends are scrubby D=

i go to PSU. anyone live nearby so we can play some smash?

miggyS

Smash Rookie
OSU 5? ooh, i'm interested. details?

EDIT: saw the info. is melee really confirmed? i think i'll be able to find a ride there.

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to OR's smash scene. You're lucky you live in Portland, since Northern Oregon (or NOregon) has most of OR's melee scene, with Portland as the hub kinda, so you're pretty close by to most of us melee players. Anyways, if you want, you can set up an All is Brawl account and have a little more contact with some of the people here, and stay more informed on things such as tournaments and smashfests and whatnot. And if there's anything you else you need, feel free to pm me or Peach Masta or something. Anyways....welcome!

miggyS

Smash Rookie
sweet! i'm usually down to play, so if any of you live by Portland State, i'd be glad to meet up either here or anywhere nearby. i actually didn't know that Portland's in the middle of OR's smash scene. that's awesome! are there any weekly smashfests i should be aware of?

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
The only weekly smashfests which aren't even that weekly anymore is my house. I live in sherwood which is like a hour and half bus ride from PSU

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah most of them are at Gage's (Peach Masta) place. We're having a little issue right now with some of our smashers at the moment, but hopefully things will clear up soon and we can start playing more often.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
anyone want to smash this weekend? perhaps saturday? I really want to play. Also, while it doesn't have to be this weekend, I really want to get some matches recorded.

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
soo i might have a ride to osu tomorrow. if i can come should i bring a tv? its like 20in and not hard to carry.

also, where can i find out stuff about OSU 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom