• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandacheck

Smash Ace
haha i knew kline was good at tracking runaway smashers, and i also heard its good to run to oregon for smash, u'll place higher in tourney, lol just jk's... OREGON *****

Grunt

Smash Master
oregon grapes
I'm so sad right now, because neither my GC or my Wii reads melee. ;-;
my wii doesn't read anything actually.
;-; ;-; ;-; ;-;

Grunt

Smash Master
i gots a new melee today, so my cube works now.
but my wii is just a homebrew box for retro games. D:

debaser

Smash Lord
The concept of that game is brilliant and it is indeed beautiful. It's just a shame the gameplay was so re-hashed.

Miyamoto is still a genius. Even though he seems like he hardly does anything anymore

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
The concept of that game is brilliant and it is indeed beautiful. It's just a shame the gameplay was so re-hashed.

Miyamoto is still a genius. Even though he seems like he hardly does anything anymore
I dont think you can get genius status rescinded. But im sure he will come out with a big hit if he appeals to the right audience.

**** the kids, we are the ones with money

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
I dont think you can get genius status rescinded. But im sure he will come out with a big hit if he appeals to the right audience.

**** the kids, we are the ones with money
hahaha amen. i wish the people at nintendo would stop making games trying to appeal to a wider, way younger/way older audience and start making games that are good/fun for the more devoted gamers

i thought super mario galaxy was fun and all but it was just too easy. even though it looked amazing while playing its all pointless if i beat it in a week. plus not much replay value. at least not for me :/

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I like beautiful things and that's what Nintendo gives me haha. Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Mario Sunshine, Brawl, etc. Are sooooo good to look at.

Sideshowxela

Smash Cadet
it was fun you should have gone
I would have loved to, but through some bad planning I had to work this weekend. I was in Seattle the weekend before TP, unfortunately. At least I got to hear Toph and Kaostar debate the usage of the term "dirt" in the background while several of us played "lose to Stefan" for a couple hours.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Ello Oregonians... Been playing smash for a while but never with anyone good... Would love to chill in p-town sometime and smash with some people. My knee needs more practice. WTB skilled players to help me actually get good at this game heh. I don't mind getting *****, I'm good natured about it (famous last words). I live in SE in the Clackamas Town Center area. Hit me ups yo.

Grunt

Smash Master
hey gage i saw you play m2k .
no one knew who the red jiggs was.
I was like
"yo dawg that's muthafukkin GAGE!"
I felt so cool.

keeper

Smash Champion
Ello Oregonians... Been playing smash for a while but never with anyone good... Would love to chill in p-town sometime and smash with some people. My knee needs more practice. WTB skilled players to help me actually get good at this game heh. I don't mind getting *****, I'm good natured about it (famous last words). I live in SE in the Clackamas Town Center area. Hit me ups yo.
You're probably about 5 minutes from me.

Maybe up to 15. <_>

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
Ive never been to a tournament. I need to play good people ti get better! HELP! I live in Beaverton/Portland area. PLEASE PM me if a close tournament comes upI always check sites for Oregon listing but all the pros have their own lingo and seem to know where to go when all the location says is "Portland State University". Ummm. Where in PSU exaclty!? ughhhh

edit: BRAWL tournaments please

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Not brawl, **** brawl!
What this guy said ^^

On a side note it looks like i'll be moving back to Olympia, Washington for good, but i'll probably will make a lot more oregon tournies provided i have the money to travel x_X.

Juce your a lot cooler guy then i thought... ****er making me drive back to your place with no directions fml lol

Gage your really good in teams, it seems we have great syenergy ^^

Rest of Oregon you guys are pretty cool always enjoyed playing you guys... should have a crew battle against UW imo.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hey, Oregon! I'll be in the Portland area from the 24th through the 30th. Mostly in Oregon City. I'll of course be busy for the first two days I'm there, but after that, I'm pretty much dry in terms of entertainment, and I can't handle my family for more than 48 hours without killing something.

So I figured I'd maybe find some smashers... or something. Anything going on around then?

keeper

Smash Champion
Ive never been to a tournament. I need to play good people ti get better! HELP! I live in Beaverton/Portland area. PLEASE PM me if a close tournament comes upI always check sites for Oregon listing but all the pros have their own lingo and seem to know where to go when all the location says is "Portland State University". Ummm. Where in PSU exaclty!? ughhhh

edit: BRAWL tournaments please
You realize all of the "super pros" are basically your age, right? The stuff at PSU was at the Smith Memorial Building, which was really hard to find. I had to walk around the campus with a Gamecube in hand while a Saturday market was going on trying to find people that went to the school, haha. Anyway, I can't really help with Brawl as I don't even know who's active in that these days.

Xsyven said:
Hey, Oregon! I'll be in the Portland area from the 24th through the 30th. Mostly in Oregon City. I'll of course be busy for the first two days I'm there, but after that, I'm pretty much dry in terms of entertainment, and I can't handle my family for more than 48 hours without killing something.

So I figured I'd maybe find some smashers... or something. Anything going on around then?
I don't know that anything is going on then, just that I live near there.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
So for people who do like their brawl. There is a link on the front page where you can go to the allisbrawl Oregon Home Page.

BattleChrist, ZodiacMofat lives there. That's all I know. There isn't much going on down there.

Jesse and I will probably hold a smashfest pretty soon.

Syler, we'll miss you :(. Maybe some tournament when for whatever reason I'm not teaming with Jesse we'll team.

Vulcan, that's good you put people in their place on the live stream. How do you NOT know me. Hellllll yeah.

Pass the Syrup. Most of the Brawl players live in Southern Oregon. We do have some strong players here though. I play Brawl along with like 4-5 others. I'll tell you when a smashfest happens and you can come and play good people in Sherwood.

That other guy who said "why did I read this thread" because Oregon *****

Masky, I love you too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom