• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I doubt it. The person that runs brawl tournaments for best bout doesn't usually visit smashboards from what I know and they said their main concern is a lack of interest so if you and some more people are wanting melee to be there you should say so on all is brawl.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I'll get the list started.

Alien
Gheb
Wad
Infinitora
Phil
Phanther
Panda

Possible: Vox, Thundercloud

Let me know if you want me to add you to the list. I'll post it on AiB when we get a good amount of players.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Can we get a specific date for Best Bout? I have 2 potential people interested but would need to know an exact date before they can agree. That and I'd rather not say they are interested then have them not show due to time, making our community look flaky despite circumstances. Totally dying to play some smash today though, ho hum....

Binx

Smash Master
Wouldn't that take time to set up? lol
Nope you can donate plasma on the day, you get like $40, I would never do it because Im terrified of needles, but I know some people who used to do it every so often.

I wont be able to go to another tournament for like almost a month, but then I have 30 days w/o school so I'll be looking to get plenty of smash in soon =D

Vox the Fox

Smash Cadet
I'd be interested, but I'll have to see how anal retentive my parents are feeling about me going to a tourney (they don't support my smash playing much).

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
yo check it out. we are tryin to get more and more people comin to this multi-fighter we gonna be doin each year. it was my boys Solidusspriggan (forest sharp) idea but he was tragically lost to us in a car crash on july 3rd :( make it if u can. we are lookin forward to you! especially since we really dont get any coastal people in our area.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306914

keeper

Smash Champion
Hey everyone. For those who don't know me, I'm RedHalberd/Halzy/Holiday, the 2nd ranked player in Florida in SSBB (I also play Melee, though I'm not ranked).

I'll be taking a road trip up to Oregon with my cousin, and will probably be in Portland for about a week before heading back to Florida. I'll be in the area from August 4th-ish to August 10th. Any tourneys/Smashfests happening during this time? I also play MvC3 competitively (I actually really good) so I'm down to play that as well.

Please let me know what's going on, especially brawlwise :)
As previously mentioned, Allisbrawl is much better for finding Brawl stuff; however, some melee things do happen (though if you read the thread you'd have seen that, hah).

Sup guys.

Just moved to Hillsboro recently for work, but I don't know if I can leave smash behind. I rarely have time to play, but it'd be nice to do something once in a while.
Hello and welcome, I suppose. Most of the melee stuff (smashfests) happens in Sherwood. Jeff (Surreal) is a super nice guy that let's me play with him, but Jesse (Juce, also in Sherwood) plays with people too. Unfortunately I don't live particularly close to Hillsboro, but oh well.
When is the date of the next Best Bout? I am very interested in Best Bout if there is going to be Melee, but I can't guarantee my attendance unless I have a date. My brother and others would also be interested.

Edit: We should get a list of interested/confirmed people for Best Bout Melee to post on AllisBrawl.
Hi, you can put me on the list (assuming it's for the Best Bout thing), but I don't know when I'll get internet to be able to check. I just recently moved to a spot in Lake Oswego right off of the 36 bus line and super near the 35. I now have a weekend bus! ^^ I can take it to go to tournaments and stuff in Portland and can even make it out to sherwood in a somewhat reasonable manner now.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Hi, you can put me on the list (assuming it's for the Best Bout thing), but I don't know when I'll get internet to be able to check. I just recently moved to a spot in Lake Oswego right off of the 36 bus line and super near the 35. I now have a weekend bus! ^^ I can take it to go to tournaments and stuff in Portland and can even make it out to sherwood in a somewhat reasonable manner now.
Epic.

When they make the Best Bout page on AiB I'll post this list and ask them to do Melee.

Updated List:

Alien
Gheb
Wad
Infinitora
Phil
Phanther
Panda
Keeper
Juce

Possible: Vox, Thundercloud, Debaser

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Our tournaments are every third Saturday of the month. We skipped July only due to the combination of Genesis and Evo taking up both Best Bout's and my time.
For Alien I'm going to re-post what I said on AiB:
Broseph Stalin wrote at 1:27 PM on Jul 29, 2011 :
@Alien: While I don't wanna be a **** and turn you guys away, the Best Bout guys are discouraged with the silence from you guys the last time I posted on Smashboards hoping to get some Melee attendance. However, I will go ahead and ask how they feel about running a Melee tournament. If yes, you guys are in charge of bringing ALL of the gamecubes and Melee disks.

keeper

Smash Champion
Our tournaments are every third Saturday of the month. We skipped July only due to the combination of Genesis and Evo taking up both Best Bout's and my time.
For Alien I'm going to re-post what I said on AiB:
Broseph Stalin wrote at 1:27 PM on Jul 29, 2011 :
@Alien: While I don't wanna be a **** and turn you guys away, the Best Bout guys are discouraged with the silence from you guys the last time I posted on Smashboards hoping to get some Melee attendance. However, I will go ahead and ask how they feel about running a Melee tournament. If yes, you guys are in charge of bringing ALL of the gamecubes and Melee disks.
You do know that melee stuff is almost overly abundant? It's usually an issue of not having enough televisions/not taking brawl TVs.

ne_Ziggy

Smash Cadet
When is this bout happening? Just moved here about a month ago and I'm itching to play Melee with people that are not level 1 CPUs. :o

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
When is this bout happening? Just moved here about a month ago and I'm itching to play Melee with people that are not level 1 CPUs. :o
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12411

August 20th. Nice to have another Melee smasher!

Updated List:

Alien
Gheb
Wad
Infinitora
Phil
Phanther
Panda
Keeper
Juce
****ard
T.J.