• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~New~ SWF GYM! Newbies and New Years Resolution Peeps Wanted!

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
My main goal right now is to get a split. I can get to about 160 degrees MAXIMUM right now, but I can do about 150 comfortably with a little warm-up.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The weight divisions for the strongman contest at my school are:

200+
175-199
<175 or women

I want to be out of the "and women" category. :urg:

10lbs away! Focusing on strength gains has been very productive. My bench max is like 225 now whaaaat???

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
The weight divisions for the strongman contest at my school are:

200+
175-199
<175 or women

I want to be out of the "and women" category. :urg:

10lbs away! Focusing on strength gains has been very productive. My bench max is like 225 now whaaaat???
Haha, funny stuff.

I'm trying to bulk up and I'm not too far from that Bruce Lee look. Genetics limits the physical nature of muscle shapes unfortunately. I'm pretty satisfied at where I'm at. Just wanna keep pushing myself.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
had a thoroughly fulfilling deadlifting session today. have been doing deficit deads for a few weeks, and now went back to a traditional snatch grip dead.

pumped out 140kgs by 10 on my sixth set. was sufficiently pleased.

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman
been getting into climbing/bouldering the last few weeks. pretty damn enjoyable. hands feel like they're completely raw after a few hours of bouldering, though. gotta toughen 'em up!

i'm also really into bodyweight exercises such as levers and planches. working my way to a full planche, eventually.

my more ideal body type is somewhat of a gymnastic/parkour type.

me currently:

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
this is what i want to look like. lol jk
it will never happen and i would probably get diabetes in the process

one of the best strongmen today

grant pitts

fat guy with a 4 almost 6 pack!...this is crazy. it must have taken forever to get that.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Holy **** I'm jealous of you guys. You're talking about being 170 pounds and ****.

I'm like 140 pounds. I can't wait until the summer, my motto will basically be:

Gym, Work, Gym, Work,

The only times I will take a break are probably weekends.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
How old are you, cause when I was a senior at HS, I was about 145-150. Senior year in college now, and I'm close to 170. Combination of working out, eating, and probably my body maturing. With that being said, I don't recommend working out non-stop lol.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
How old are you, cause when I was a senior at HS, I was about 145-150. Senior year in college now, and I'm close to 170. Combination of working out, eating, and probably my body maturing. With that being said, I don't recommend working out non-stop lol.
I'm 19, so I'm gonna be a sophomore in college.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well I still wouldn't recommend working out non-stop. Your body needs time to rejuvenate between workouts, hence why it's smart to take a day off in between. I know you're waiting until the Summer, but a lot of people here will agree with me when I say, look up Marc Rippetoe's Starting Strength. Get program for beginners who wanna pack on weight, while obviously getting stronger.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So, kinda scary, I've never experienced a cramp before. But after arm day, my bicep locked up into agony. Couldn't move, the muscle was all twitchy and hurty. I'm scared of flexing completely now. wtf was that

I need to take in more water, I think.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
So, kinda scary, I've never experienced a cramp before. But after arm day, my bicep locked up into agony. Couldn't move, the muscle was all twitchy and hurty. I'm scared of flexing completely now. wtf was that

I need to take in more water, I think.
I think I know what you're talking about. I've never had my bis cramp/lock out though. It usually happens to the plantar surface of my foot or my abs and occasionally my neck. It usually happens when I don't stretch, especially since I stretch at the end of my workout. You could try stretching perhaps?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Never had a cramp, but I think the term is "stitch" when you get that sharp pain in your abdominal area while running. Usually happens if I don't let my food digest.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Works out.

Goes to bed.

Wakes up and goes to work.

Walks home from work, gets bored and starts to jog.

PAAAAAIIIIN.

Slows down to a walk.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I clearly cannot workout my legs on Wednesday, and then go try to play ball on Thursday. My legs just don't have it. Wanna play again, cause I sort of sucked last night, but then it would mean I'd suck more on Saturday as well.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Never had a cramp, but I think the term is "stitch" when you get that sharp pain in your abdominal area while running. Usually happens if I don't let my food digest.
I didn't get that from crunches, but I do get stitches from running since my cardio sucks.

When I get cramps or pull something, it's a physical deformity that resolves with straightening out: dorsiflexing foot and extending back when I pull my abs.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
does anyone do a lot of running stuff? i need to get some info on what to eat during long runs...gonna try some gels i bought but i think i will like the clif block things better

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
During? Unless you're running a really long way (like, 20kms) I wouldn't eat anything. If you're running that far, I'd probably go the energy gels. Might wanna chase them with water, though.

:phone:

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
starting max ot tomorrow

wish me luck!

I love how i always kill this thread...
First day was great. Here's some of the basics.

GET BIG SON workout. Max OT

1 warm up set (10 reps) (increase blood flow)
^super essential^
1-2 weight acclimation sets (6-8 reps) (very important) this set get your muscles used to the movement with light resistance)
4-6 heavy sets (4-6 reps)
1-2 min break in between every single set

1. NEVER end workout with high reps until failure - This has to deal with muscle memory. Your muscles will remember the last set and will be more prepared for it the next time.
2. You need to clear your mind when lifting and focus in on the muscles you are building.

Day 1
Weigh in: 177.8
squat: 195
leg press: 280
straight leg dead lift: 185

week one was great I went up in all of my lifts !! and I'm 180 now.
Gonna finish off the week with a good swim. Gettin that beach body back.
I'm so motivated to see what I will look like after the program is done.
11 weeks to go.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I was taking some pics of myself to see how far along I've come dating back to January. Kinda sucks that when I took my initial pics, I didn't bother flexing, or trying to get pics of my back.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
They are mine, and mine alone to look at.

In all seriousness, I don't like sharing shirtless pics of myself like that. A bit too modest for that.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So i work weird hours so i cant go to a gym, so instead i just do push ups. I also plan on starting to run again now that its starting to get warm.

I just want to get into better shape not necessarily ripped or buff as hell, do u guys think doing push ups and running will be enough? Or should i add some other exercise?

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman
So i work weird hours so i cant go to a gym, so instead i just do push ups. I also plan on starting to run again now that its starting to get warm.

I just want to get into better shape not necessarily ripped or buff as hell, do u guys think doing push ups and running will be enough? Or should i add some other exercise?

pull ups.

and this stress fracture is ****ing killing me, it's never going to heal.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace

Or don't do what he says to do here. No piracy discussion. ~Werekill

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
week one bench press: 165

week 2

weight 179 (+2)
squat 215 (+20)
leg press 360 (+80)

im so out of shape. need to stretch more.
starting yoga twice a week. leggooo

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
pull ups are amazing. Marine style.
I love gripping a towel and doing pull ups.

I Need to work up to weighted dips

dumbbell curl 40 (+5)
barbell curl 80 (+10)
Wire curl 30 (+5)
skullcrush 70
kick back 20 (+5)

+yoga

theeboredone

Smash Legend
WSFB encourages changing your opening exercise every now and then. Originally went from Bench to Incline Bench, and now back to Bench. Didn't lose anything, but didn't gain anything either. Gonna switch back from Squats to Deadlifts next week.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Hey, no discussion of pirating books. You can recommend books, but you can't say to go download a pdf.

Anyway, I do admit that that Convict Conditioning book seems interesting. I've needed to get back into a routine for a while, so it would be good material for workouts. I'll have access to a weight room soon, though, so I'm not sure how useful it will be.

Top Bottom