• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Vex read everything and hasn't change his mind and Inui the same thing. I still think I'm over you and keep on expressing why so thats 3-1. Sorry I guess?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't even know who is on the panel, you guys have never said publically who is on it. Not to mention a 4 person panel doesn't even make sense. Also I've yet to see someone besides MIB (who just keeps saying it's over who cares and isn't using any logic at all to support his argument) and Mav whose argument is if I was 3rd I "wouldn't have lost to him or placed near last in a couple of tourneys."

On the other hand everyone else who has voiced their opinion has said the opposite.

More or less:
-Who are the panelists?
-Final ruling on me vs RAIN (because if the ruling is it doesn't count, then you can count that I'm going to forfeit some sets next season when I'm down so they don't count against me)
-Solid reasoning for why Xzax is over me from the panelists

Then beyond that, why is .com ranked? Believe me I want to see him ranked but I swore it was 3+ tourneys to be active, and even .com thought that not long ago. Reasoning behind honorable mentions?

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I don't even know who is on the panel, you guys have never said publically who is on it. Not to mention a 4 person panel doesn't even make sense. Also I've yet to see someone besides MIB (who just keeps saying it's over who cares and isn't using any logic at all to support his argument) and Mav whose argument is if I was 3rd I "wouldn't have lost to him or placed near last in a couple of tourneys."

On the other hand everyone else who has voiced their opinion has said the opposite.

More or less:
-Who are the panelists?
-Final ruling on me vs RAIN (because if the ruling is it doesn't count, then you can count that I'm going to forfeit some sets next season when I'm down so they don't count against me)

Then beyond that, why is .com ranked? Believe me I want to see him ranked but I swore it was 3+ tourneys to be active, and even .com thought that not long ago. Reasoning behind honorable mentions?

Panelists:
Me
Vex
Inui
Keitaro

.com- Vex said it was a 2 tournament season minimum(what the previous panel agreed on)

RAIN- Before coming into it since me, inui, and vex were already being seen as acouple of the panelist all felt mutual on it not counting so we didn't even bring it up.(also when me inui vex and jbandrew discussed it about RAIN we all discussed and agreed it was dumb and shouldn't count and me inui and vex stayed with that feeling this time)

Chibo- you left the panel, as did Smurf. You guys are the only people that really care about you being over me. You guys left and now everyone says Me > You and Keitaro said if you get rain then you > me.

People for Chibo 3rd:
Chibo
Smurf
.com
Possibly Keitaro

People for Xzax 3rd:
Xzax
Vex
Inui
MIB
Mav(was one of the considered panelist choices)
Possibly Keitaro

@TUSM- I'm about to join the regionless club since after the panel already discussed it and still feels the same way on me being 3rd, Chibo has to be a little ***** and keep arguing it over and over and won't let it go after Inui, Myself, Vex(the panelists besides Keitaro) and a few others agree im still 3rd so thanks a lot Mark for once again being a little baby backed ***** during rankings *round of applause*

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Well, like I said before, I think the match should count for something. I mean, he has a point, if you're just gonna ignore the set completely, than let's all just abort any MM's we may be in danger of losing. He at least took a game off of the guy in a serious set.

There's my two cents.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Oh and as a solid reason:

Your wins weren't out preforming my wins to an extent where you should be above me then I completely proved that I earned it by not only beating a lot of people YOU lost to, beating you in the MM(Set count during season 1-0 ME), and outplacing you at every tournament and having a harder bracket at most and still doing better.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Even if it was 1-0 before it stopped, he left not because he felt he would lose, he left because his friend was beating m2k, the whole reason they came over to the US to begin with. But even if it is counted, one match still doesn't justify chibo over xzax.
NOT A SINGLE PERSON CAN PROVE THAT HE QUIT OUT BC HIS FRIEND WAS BEATING M2K. The ONLY person that can prove that is Rain himself. He may have been losing and saw that he couldn't win so he quit out of the match and then suddenly noticed his friend was playing M2K in tourney so he went to go watch it. Coincidence? It's certainly possible.

This. I read the rules a bit ago and it was 3 tournies minimum. I want TYPED UP RULES for the following season. They should set standards and be set in stone. I'm sick of things constantly changing and ppl going by hear-say bull****. Set a minimum amount of tournies to attend along w/ minimum entry fee. Set ground rules for MM's (amount, set count, how much they affect your placements, can someone quit out, etc...)

You know, regionless is looking mighty good right now.......
I lol'd.

M@v

Subarashii!
If it is 3 tourneys per season shouldn't that mean I'm 10th then?

If it indeed is 3, that would make .com an HM due to inactivity.

Btw I'm still waiting on an answer on why rogue pit and bnzzaaaa are hms.

Bnzaaaaa wants to know too lol.

You know, regionless is looking mighty good right now.......
This guy.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Oh and as a solid reason:

Your wins weren't out preforming my wins to an extent where you should be above me then I completely proved that I earned it by not only beating a lot of people YOU lost to, beating you in the MM(Set count during season 1-0 ME), and outplacing you at every tournament and having a harder bracket at most and still doing better.
My wins weren't outperforming yours? Brood? Brood is 8000000x any of your wins. Your top two tourney wins are Praxis and Takeover, where neither is power ranked where they are from. I also have wins beyond Brood that can hold some water to yours. You also didn't outplace me at MLG nor Apex just to name a couple.

Edit: It would also be good to hear Vex's input on this, no matter what his opinion is, he should still have proof to back it up.

And Inui's argument of being better practice for him + doing better THIS season (not last) means absolutely nothing.

Also a panel of 4 makes absolutely no sense at all. What happened to Kaylo? Wasn't Nasty going to be on there as a KC rep since Smurf and I dropped out?

Any logs of PR conversation please?

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master

More or less:
-Who are the panelists?

My wins weren't outperforming yours? Brood? Brood is 8000000x any of your wins. Your top two tourney wins are Praxis and Takeover, where neither is power ranked where they are from. I also have wins beyond Brood that can hold some water to yours. You also didn't outplace me at MLG nor Apex just to name a couple.
At APEX 2 I proved I outplayed you...even if I got a 3rd seed r1 I was VERY close to making it out of r2 with Atomsk, NL, Junebug, and Praxis in my pool. Praxis has been inactive recently but still got 1st or 2nd seed r1(not being 1st seed) and Takeover has INACTIVE last season therefore he wasn't ranked(and still did pretty good at the 2-3 tournaments he went to). GJ you beat Brood but that one win can't ride you to 3rd. I have 2 good wins that are better then everything you have besides brood...MM's wins that are mad good and ok/good wins that compare to everything you have besides Brood then on top of that I beat you and like 6 people you lost to THIS season. I'm done arguing with you since the whole panel(besides keit)panel still thinks I'm 3rd and keitaro is iffy

EDIT:
It was

1 KC(Vex)
1 UFB(Me)
2 OOS(Inui/Keitaro)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Completely ridiculous that the panel wasn't even announced to the public and the shift of bias is completely out of whack and now we find out there is a 4 person panel? We've always had a 5 person panel. Also if most of what Inui's going to cite is personal opinion and doubles results of the next season then wow what a terrible panelist.

Edit: I was also one to believe that at least either Nasty or Mav were going to be in it.

And lol at when the panel originally decided that Smurf was 4th. What happened there, why the sudden change of heart?
I obviously believe he should be second, but wow @ the panel officially saying he was 4th

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Same here. And I was led to believe I was more likely than not going to be on the panel. People didn't contact me and next thing I know there are rankings up :dizzy:
We weren't 100% on you guys joining then there was 1 from each main crew and 2 OOS online so we did it with how was confirmed

EDIT:

Me vs Chibo:
Even if Mav and Nasty(the only other possible panelists)
Mav is for Xzax
Nasty is for Chibo
Inui, Me, and Vex are for me
Keitaro isn't sure

Let's say Keitaro is for Chibo

Panel is 4-2 for me.

EDIT once again:
Vex wasn't right about the 2 tournament rule so 10th will be between Nasty/Mav(only active honorable mentions)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
We weren't 100% on you guys joining then there was 1 from each main crew and 2 OOS online so we did it with how was confirmed
Giving OOS as much power as much power as in state is ridiculous.
Having a panel of an even amount of people is ridiculous.
Also the panel appears to be fairly Xzax bias. Keitaro is the only one I'm 100% not worried about after how well last panel's discussion went with him. Xzax is himself, Vex is his cousin and is slipping more and more from KC, and Inui is in the same crew as Xzax.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
To be fair, Vex did text me to get online for panel discussion, but I had people over. Rankings were put off long enough, so I don't blame them for going ahead with it.

Honestly..... this **** isn't worth arguing about, although I do think Vex should make an attempt to answer questions about the Rain mm and the Honorable Mentions thing (as little as HMs count, it's still kinda wtf).

Let's just focus on the rules for next season and stop complaining over one spot on a freakin online Smash Bros. list.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
How am I biased I'm explaining why I'm above you and theres LOGIC behind it.

Also I think Mav will be 10th over Nasty since Mav has better wins and Nasty doesn't really have anything despite Nasty being a better friend of mine)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Chibo when you stop losing to everyone on Earth for no reason I'll consider you above Xzax lol

seriously dude

you can't just lose to everyone and say you should be above someone with all A/S class losses besides one

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
1. Wins are heavily favored over losses
2. Tournament wins are heavily favored over MM wins
3. My losses aren't that bad. Remix is the only one really. Inui you weren't a part of the last panel to know the entire discussion of MIB vs Xzax, where a lot of that applies to this.

Remix != Everyone on Earth

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
why does PA favor wins over losses? sounds like you guys have a ****ty system.
Your right since chibo places terrible(a lot), looses to a lot of people who aren't that amazing(remix, lie, fizzle, mav)

And he has Brood, GIMR, Omni and thats really it and I have Takeover, Praxis, Kingtoon, Smash64 then destroy him in head to head(beating 5 people he lost to and beating CHIBO HIMSELF)

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
How am I biased I'm explaining why I'm above you and theres LOGIC behind it.

Also I think Mav will be 10th over Nasty since Mav has better wins and Nasty doesn't really have anything despite Nasty being a better friend of mine)
lmao...

Anyway, yes i understand that i only have "regular" wins and nothing "outstanding" But Mav's wins seem to be on the same level as mine. In any case, my losses are all legit on a "10th PR'd player's standards." If losses aren't enough to really hurt you, then i don't see why i would move down. But the panel will have to be the one's to decide mine and Mav's fate.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
lmao...

Anyway, yes i understand that i only have "regular" wins and nothing "outstanding" But Mav's wins seem to be on the same level as mine. In any case, my losses are all legit on a "10th PR'd player's standards." If losses aren't enough to really hurt you, then i don't see why i would move down. But the panel will have to be the one's to decide mine and Mav's fate.
Mav beat Chibo and Smurf in mm's

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Your right since chibo places terrible(a lot), looses to a lot of people who aren't that amazing(remix, lie, fizzle, mav)

And he has Brood, GIMR, Omni and thats really it and I have Takeover, Praxis, Kingtoon, Smash64 then destroy him in head to head(beating 5 people he lost to and beating CHIBO HIMSELF)
You vs. Chibo doesn't necessarily proves who's better, it just proves who's better at that MU or who know's who's play style better since you two play each other faily often.

If i beat Smurf, you guys wouldn't say i'm better than him would you? I would just know that specific MU better OR i would know his play style better than he knows mine.

EDIT: @ XZAX... it has already been stated that MM's aren't enough to get you PR'd.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
You can't base rankings off that...its who beat who and who didn't beat who and then if it needs to go to head to head it can and after that losses(atm)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Xzax's PA PR Rules Reformation

1. Order of Ranks

-Overall Wins/Losses
Its who you beat and loose too. If you beat mad good players and get a tough bracket but still do mad good while taking names HELPS you. If you have a free bracket/beat no one and get bad losses it HURTS you(aswell as getting bad losses)

-Head to Head
Who you beat that the other player lost to and vice-versa and if it happened, between the players who beat who.

Consistency-
If someone does good/ok at some tournaments and at other gets ***** then that will affect them since if your not performing as a PR player consistantly then you don't deserve the rank.

2. 3 Tournament Minium
-You have to attend atleast 3 tournaments per season to be ranked on the PR!

3. MM's Count as much as tournament wins($5+)

-If you money match a player for $5 or over it should count as much as a tournament win(none of that tournament priority if someone is throwing up atleast $5 its serious, people don't give out $5)

4. No State vs State MM's(unless like in the case of the UFB Round Robin)

-So players in our state cannot money match each other(and make it count for rankings, non-ranking mms are fine). Unless its like the UFB round robin where it is a tournament scale but isn't worth a tournament rank

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Honorable mentions weren't really thought out, they'll be updated with the PR image.

I also don't believe MM's should count because of BS that can happen.

And Kendall is apart of the Panel.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
You know what, I'm gonna fight fire with fire.

What did Fury do to be ranked above me? I beat some.....mad good people. He plays MK, I play Dedede, I have a character who's much lower on the tier list, and therefore have to work harder for my wins. I think I should be ranked above Fury.

inb4seriousstatement

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Unfortunately there's no adjustment from the standing on your character (**** I wish there was lol) but now that TUSM brings it up, I'd like to hear information on TUSM vs Fury, it's a close match imo. Does Fury have anything outside of Xzax + Snakeee in tourney? I mean it's a great couple, but doesn't TUSM have a lot more wins, including some that can hold some weight to those?

Kaylo, what is your opinion on Me vs Xzax, .com with 2 tournies, and TUSM vs Fury I suppose

Still waiting for Vex to say anything besides something related to HMs hardly being thought out

lol I'm realizing I'm treating this debate like a mafia game

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Unfortunately there's no adjustment from the standing on your character (**** I wish there was lol) but now that TUSM brings it up, I'd like to hear information on TUSM vs Fury, it's a close match imo. Does Fury have anything outside of Xzax + Snakeee in tourney? I mean it's a great couple, but doesn't TUSM have a lot more wins, including some that can hold some weight to those?
Fury's wins outweigh TUSM's, Xzax+Snakeee > GDX+Dapuffster

There mad close though.

Still waiting for Vex to say anything besides something related to HMs hardly being thought out
I would, but I don't feel like it now, all I'm gonna say for now is he has multiple wins over you to people you've lost to, which is a big deal believe it or not.

lol I'm realizing I'm treating this debate like a mafia game
Mafia sucks.

Top Bottom