• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

Ambix

Smash Ace
Yeah i say we do it. Off the top of my head Pittsbirgh wise
1. Taki
2. TheLake/Vudujin
4. Ambix
5. Abate
6. nakamaru
7. D20
8. Silent swag
9. Carroll

:phone:
no.....

1. naka
2. lake
3. silent swag/Vudu
4. ambix
5. taki
6. Abate
7. Carrol
8. D20

Arbitrary.

Everyone in the top 5 goes really back and forth.

I can beat taki

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Let's talk consistency over what you've seen over the couple tourneys you actaully made it to.

Although Taki got screwed at the last small butler tourney.
He's been the highest placing Pittsburgh player at almost every tourney in the last year too years. Except for hope 3 and Carroll fest. He got 1st and 2nd at about half of the tourneys we've been to. Usually only losing to tope, Vanz, ect. Although you beat him last tourney I wouldn't say you consistantly can. And that's not an insult. His track record is unreal. 3rd pools at pound5, has taken a game of m2ks marth with fox.

And you have swag way to high. He's never been close to winning a tourney. The highest place hes every had in tourney is 3rd and that was teaming with you at carroll fest. And hasn't beaten anyone in tourney that I can't or haven't. I would agree that he's the most improved but he's not in that top five yet. Any list that has Johny over Taki is just wrong.. Lol teammate bias.

Naka kicks our ***... But his OOS record is what holds him back.

I'm also pretty sure that in tourney, Lake vudu Naka me swag d20 have never beaten Taki ever.

Lake is mind blowing don't get me wrong! And he has taken some games and sets off really good players.. But he's also lost to some pretty bad players as well. If there was a PR on personality he'd be number one.

Vudu every once in a while goes nuts and beats everyone. Vanz duck redd, ect he's been in grand finals twice vs hungrybox and once with Vanz. Won teams with Vanz and once got 3rd with a Lvl 9 luigi partner!

D20 is so low just because of inactivity. He's the best young link in the world

M@v

Subarashii!
If you guys wanted to a state melee PR, I would be fine with it. I'd have no issue helping organize it(although i wouldn't take part in any discussions, I don't have any right to). I could make a banner for the rankings with photo shop as well if you wanted. For an example of my work look at the current brawl PR image.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
There is really no point in doing melee power rankings cause aside from Cactuar no one in state travels and places well on regular basis. Even though i know SilentSwag did well @ Rom4 So hear are my power rankings

1. Cactuar
2. Cactuar's Marth (Aka Dobs white Marth)
3. Cactuar's G&W
Then everyone else lol

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
We travel a **** ton. We came to Philly for mad2 and Taki placed 5th
Tied with chops and just under Nando strict and cactus and eggm.

Also lake and Taki both made it to 3rd round pools at pound

Im just not up to date on Phillys good players. I know cactus, Pakman, velocity and that's about it.

Maybe if someone comes up with a current Philly PR we could merge them to a good state PR.. Since I'm pretty sure that there's no one worth listing from other parts of PA. Maybe renth. Idk many players in middle America.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
We travel a **** ton. We came to Philly for mad2 and Taki placed 5th
Tied with chops and just under Nando strict and cactus and eggm.

Also lake and Taki both made it to 3rd round pools at pound

Im just not up to date on Phillys good players. I know cactus, Pakman, velocity and that's about it.

Maybe if someone comes up with a current Philly PR we could merge them to a good state PR.. Since I'm pretty sure that there's no one worth listing from other parts of PA. Maybe renth. Idk many players in middle America.

Maybe it's cause I'm old and nvr really travel anymore and miss old school PA... Mogwai Pocky D Scar Swiftbass Javi Cape but ya I still know current Philly scene Pakman is still good but nvr really travels much so aside from Cactuar and Velocity only 2 players from philly really. I'm old same with Gotm aside from Philly Umbra from Scranton is still decent at melee

Also didn't realize you guys where at Mad2 I was there but just played friendlies and left early...

Renth

Smash Hero
I live in the Johnstown/Altoona area. I haven't played a game of competitive smash brothers since pound 5.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Maybe it's cause I'm old and nvr really travel anymore and miss old school PA... Mogwai Pocky D Scar Swiftbass Javi Cape but ya I still know current Philly scene Pakman is still good but nvr really travels much so aside from Cactuar and Velocity only 2 players from philly really. I'm old same with Gotm aside from Philly Umbra from Scranton is still decent at melee

Also didn't realize you guys where at Mad2 I was there but just played friendlies and left early...
I forgot I don't exist in philly!

D

Deleted member

I think cactus's fox is still the best and no one is close for the time being. After that no one from PA is really worth mentioning (including cactuar's other characters) and I don't think a rankings serves any purpose.

Chibo I'm pretty sure I can body you with Kirby. Stick to Brawl.

edit: Tim come down and play me. Get a weekend off or something and do a day trip. I'll make sure to do horrible, horrible things to you with sheik again lol.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I actually think there are several people from PA showing some promise. Having an active PR might provide some extra motivation for them to go out there and step their games up. Plus, discussing up and comers and watching them improve closely would be fun.

I'd love to have to work to keep my #1 spot.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Vudu > Pakman
D'awww. I'm blushing. Pakman you were my inspiration in the beginning.

A few pages back someone said no one deserves to be mentioned from PA except Cactuar. . . . . . . that's total BS.

TheLake, Taki, Naka, and myself should definitely be on there somewhere. I'm sure by the end of the tourney season we'll have the proof in the pudding. Silent Swag will be taking some names too; kid knows how to win.

TheLake

Smash Master
Every region deserves PR list

It helps players get better lol whats wrong with that?

Tis competition after all

Pakman's nasus > lakes nasus

<3

D

Deleted member

idk maybe i just have higher standards for "good" than you guys do.

i'll be moving back to PA in january. I'll be surprised if the PA tournaments aren't free.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I forgot I don't exist in philly!
Nope

I think cactus's fox is still the best and no one is close for the time being. After that no one from PA is really worth mentioning (including cactuar's other characters) and I don't think a rankings serves any purpose.

Chibo I'm pretty sure I can body you with Kirby. Stick to Brawl.

edit: Tim come down and play me. Get a weekend off or something and do a day trip. I'll make sure to do horrible, horrible things to you with sheik again lol.
What this guy said

Edit: Smashboards is fun u guys take stuff way too seriously. Also Cactuar you can't work thoughs 40hr work days are already too much for u. Also if we had PA pong or drinking rankings I'd be 1 ;) get at me at Apex...

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
lots of yall be sleepin' on Pittsburgh, them cats is pretty good at Melee. and in the same breath, no one in PA is really that much of a threat at a national/regional (including Cactuar, though he is head and shoulders above the rest of the state right now as far as I can tell). at least that's my take on things.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
So what do ya say. New melee PR?

1. Cactuar (philly)
2. Vudujin. (Butler)
3. Taki. (Pittsburgh)
4. TheLake. (Butler)
5. Pakman. (Philly)
6. Nakamaru. (Pittsburgh)
7. Ambix. (Pittsburgh)
8. Abate. (Monroeville/Pitts)
9. silent swag (Pittsburgh)
10. D20. (Pittsburgh)
11. Carroll. (Pittsburgh)
12. Velocity. (Philly)
13. Vex. (Philly)
14. UmbreonMow. (Erie)
15. Renth. (middle pa)
------------

Mentionable

The cape. (inactive/retired?)
Ultimascout. (Is he pa?)
Umbra. (doesn't travel?)
Cavedweller. (up and coming)
Syick (up and coming)
Jreed. (pa? I thought he was impressive at mad2)
Mogwai. (pa? Philly I think right?) deff should be up there if so

Off the top of my head. In kind of order. Feel free to discuss add subtract players. Move players up and down. And again.. This list is just IMO

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
is that the pittsburgh rankings? looks like it lol

vex velocity and umbreon need to be higher imo

and i live in nj but rank me cause i should

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
From what I know mow is less then active. Aside from the one time he came down to Pittsburgh to play a couple of us. And like I said its mostly Pitt since middle pa and the "good but not well known players from Philly im not sure of. So I'd like some other I'm put from some Philly guys.

I'm thinking Pittsburgh vs Philly crew battle at apex!?!?

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
1. Cactuar
2. Vudujin
3. Taki
4. TheLake
5. Nakamaru
6. abate
7. ambix
8. silentswag
9. Pakman