• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

_umbra_

Smash Champion
IMO
1.Jband/Vex (idk)
3.Rogue
4.Xzax
5.Chibo/.com (idk)
7. Umbra
8. Melon
9. Fishy/Camalange/Fury/Javier

(does rush still play? if so he's in there)

a little early for this though, rankings aren't being done until next month lol

aaand I would like the chance to take out chibo and .com... mwahahaha

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Darn, I must've really fallen off this season, I'm not on anyone's top 10 list. I'm not saying it's not warranted. It's not just for inactivity, either, the one tourney i did go to, I did horribly. Oh well.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I know Rogue is awesome and whenever people ask I always say he's better than me, but if he doesn't get to SNES or something and surprise people there's no way he's going to keep #3. Really, everyone but Vex and I are pretty inactive.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I know Rogue is awesome and whenever people ask I always say he's better than me, but if he doesn't get to SNES or something and surprise people there's no way he's going to keep #3. Really, everyone but Vex and I are pretty inactive.
How many tournaments are needed this season.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its by judges discretion if we feel they have been active or not

i would think it should at least be 2. ranking with only a single tourney is near impossible

i would recommend 3 personally, but if someone has 2 that works (since very few ppl will actually have 3+). if someone has only 2 im sure some MMs will sway theyr placement amongst everyone else with 2.

whens this ending, the end of august?
that will give SNES and VC4 as 2 more decent tournies. I won't be at VC4, but I'm confirmed for SNES.
TSP will probably also have a aug monthly right?

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I would prefer end of september, but w/e

tsp is having a monthly on august 15th... no one from my crew can make it though LOL

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I will most likely be at TSP.

It ain't lookin' so good for the rest of LoCal though.

:093:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
we all said that we should have shorter ranking periods than the normal 3 or max of 4... september would put it right back to at least 3 months, aug 31st would be like 2.5 months.

by extending it to september a couple ppl might be helped, but those ppl it helps get "active" are still going to be hurt with few results. we might as well separate summer as its own season as people know too many ppl wont be active since all the ppl that go to hear moved away or had other things to do in the summer such as myself (didnt rly hurt me tho i guess lol), rush, andyg, mav, etc

by starting in sept we'l be able to kick off a fully active season again the way it was last spring. everything will be back to normal except drexel biweeklies dont start until october or so. all the other schools will be moved back though. kings court should really hold a tourney in like august or something to keep activity up for that month.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
fair enough. I do think we can relax activity requriements for this ranking period based on how inactive the state has been as a whole, and we'll see things pick up beginning in september.

summer sucks in pa :(

Allied

Smash Master
lol no, imo

1. Vex/Jband
2. Rogue
3. Xzax
4. Chibo
5. .com

I havent played Jband in awhile so I honestly don't know lol.
IMO
1.Jband/Vex (idk)
3.Rogue
4.Xzax
5.Chibo/.com (idk)
7. Umbra
8. Melon
9. Fishy/Camalange/Fury/Javier

(does rush still play? if so he's in there)

a little early for this though, rankings aren't being done until next month lol

aaand I would like the chance to take out chibo and .com... mwahahaha
The way i did my list is based off of chibos tournament results i didnt see rogue pit in many tournaments and and not placing too high the only reason i put chibo so high is because

he did just win a tournament and has placed high at pretty much everything (i mean idk its just what i saw)

and as far as activity goes i tried to rate it equally

but then again i'm not a PA player and i'm not basing this off "who would beat who"

as far as 1st and 2nd place i think thats my mistake vex has been way too active therefore deserves 1st jbandrew doesnt go to enough tournaments but is an amazing tournament threat even defending OoS'ers at TSP for 2nd place

knocking out ksizzle in early rounds is quite an accomplishment imo

Chibo has won a tournament and gotten 2nd/Split another i mean sure there not like amazing tournaments but those are solid results none the less and he got 49th at genesis i think thats worth something

what are your thoughts?

once again these are just my opinions just curious to see what people would think?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
1. Vex
2. Jband
3. Xzax
4. Chibo
5. Dotcom

^this should be top 5 imo

@Umbra - You included Melon in the rankings? I'm not saying he's bad but...I don't see him as a very active player. I only know of him attending TSP events and only really placing average at best. There are other players I would put above him for sure.

Well, let's just see how the rest of this month goes. It's not bad to have this discussion now though to have an idea of what's goin' on.

Allied

Smash Master
i wouldnt say melon is deserving of the rankings yet

hes not top 10 no offense to melon =D

and fishy is really good just is a little inconsistant and hes very active i think he can easily take 6th

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
I appreciate it Allied =)

Lawz was in winners when he dropped.
Practically, since his only loss was to m2k. Anyway, he actually won more games than both of us in singles (2 out of 3 to 1 out of 2 on each of us lol). <3 Lawz even though we all get bracket *****.
For No Maps, Low Tier seemed to be the main event >__> lol
Yeah, having around 50 people for low tier singles and low tier doubles (25 teams) sucked =\

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
1. Vex
2. Jband
3. Xzax
4. Chibo
5. Dotcom

^this should be top 5 imo
I like it. Chibo has the consistency to just eek out 4th over .com even though the last set between the two of them went the other way. I just don't know enough people from ToS or ToE to know where other people like Rogue fit in to this

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I like it. Chibo has the consistency to just eek out 4th over .com even though the last set between the two of them went the other way.
That was my reasoning behind it too. Even though Dotcom may have won, Chibo overall has been more active and placing.

Vex also deserves to be above Jband for sure, but even though Jband may not have A LOT of results, what he has done is a huge achievement for any PA player, so I feel that he deserves the 2nd spot, even though he wasn't previously ranked.

I just don't know enough people from ToS or ToE to know where other people like Rogue fit in to this
Same reason why I only did top 5 :/ I would imagine Umbra around 6-7th though. Probably with some LoCal members straggling around 8-10 due to us being rather active, but not having any SPECTACULAR results.

Too bad low tier events don't count toward anything xD lol No Maps

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
so lawz did lose to m2k in winners? if so ima change it to left during losers, cause a loss is a loss, even if its m2k lol. more light will be shed on everythihng once the tio file is out also

dont forget about rogue though
its not too late to count him out of the top 5 :laugh:

edit: can someone get some AiB results for SCS and the TSP tourneys?
I'm gonna try and re-create the one from Real Pimps, and im sure no maps will have one soon

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I still don't understand why i got the lowest out of me, fishy, and cam at No Maps. Somebody must've screwed up pretty badly. I wanted to place well at No Maps so I could make it on the PRs, but stuff happens.

And if I go to TSP and place well I still doubt I can make it up there. I just want to make sure I at least get an honorable mention this time >_>.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
This is Xzax.
My Opinion for Rankings should be.....

1. Vex
2. Jbandrew
3. Rogue/Me
5. .com
6. Chibo

Heres Why:

1. Vex- Hes an amazing player has placed well with Bowser has beaten Cable, HugS, Kismet, Praxis, BoA, Cable, Jmex, and others. He has been very active, and we can base his results off of many tournaments and not just a few like most top players in our state.

2. JBandrew- Although I don't want to just put Vex above him after his performance at the tournament where Ksizzle, Eazy, and Keitaro went but he isn't very active and vex also has a lot of great wins, hopefully some point before the season ends you guys can see who deserves 1st and who deserves 2nd.

3. Rogue Pit/Xzax
Rogue Pit- Has beaten Me in a MM and taken a game off atomsk and has done a lot has a top pit, but all the things I have outweigh him besides he beat me in a MM 1-2. I have beaten Snakeee twice in MM's, Eazy, Izumi, Keitaro, Doom, R00kie, and DMBrandon. I also lost to Smurf tho, so its a tough choice and I want the panelist to make this choice.
5. .com- This dude stepped his game up, beating Rogue Pit, ITT, Chibo x2. Hes been doing mad good and the only reason I put him over Chibo is because of the Pitts tournament, but its still very debatable and by no means is Chibo not up for 5th place.

6. ChiboSempai- Hes been doing good at tournaments with PA people and he did well at Genesis, but the thing is he doesn't have any amazing wins ATM. I would like to see how he does before the seasons over.

I have spoken, anyones thoughts?

Allied

Smash Master
I like your explaination

i personnaly think of it

1. Vex
2. Jbandrew
3. Xzax
4. Rogue
5. .com
6. Chibo
7. Umbra
8. Fishy
9. Fury
10. Camalange

the reason i put xzax over rogue is merely because of activity

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hmmm...

1. Vex/Jbandrew
2. Vex/Jbandrew
3. Xzax
4. Rogue Pit
5. .com
6. Chibosempai

After that, maybe Umbra. That's just my opinion but there's still more tournies left for the rankings here that could easily change these spots since there haven't been that many tournies that you guys went to recently this season.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
so lawz did lose to m2k in winners? if so ima change it to left during losers, cause a loss is a loss, even if its m2k lol. more light will be shed on everythihng once the tio file is out also

dont forget about rogue though
its not too late to count him out of the top 5 :laugh:

edit: can someone get some AiB results for SCS and the TSP tourneys?
I'm gonna try and re-create the one from Real Pimps, and im sure no maps will have one soon

No Maps:
Standard Singles (entered as Vex)
Defeated Que
Defeated NJz2Raw
Lost to Snakeee
Defeated Cable
Defeated bschung
Lost to Seph
Placed 9 out of 69

Standard Singles (entered as Xzax)
Defeated Gilgamesh
Defeated Doom
Lost to Inui
Defeated DMBrandon
Defeated Rookie
Defeated Keitaro
Lost to Snakeee
Placed 7 out of 69

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol i think its funny that out of the 6 being debated rogue pit is being put above anyone results wise

atm me,.com,vex,xzax > rogue

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
This is Xzax.
The thing is I just don't wanna see Rogue have an awful placings due to activity when a lot of players aren't active. He has beaten me this season btw.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
he didnt beat u, that mm is invalid
if he doesnt get another tourney hes inactive
i dont even know why were discussing rankings, its too early

stop account sharing when banned

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I'll give my opinion, but I want what all the other panelists have to say to count more than what I have to say. Only being to one tournament I haven't really gotten to see much of the PA scene and limits my views so I can't get a full picture of everything, but I'll do my best to compare, contrast and analyze everything the best I can.

1.Vex Kasrani- Very active, Top Bowser, Very good player overall. Has many convincing wins vs great players and has proven himself time and time again to be PA's top player. Without a doubt Vex is #1.

2. Me!?- People keep saying I should be 1st or 2nd... 0_o... Only being to one tournament I think PA is being too nice to me. Honestly I don't believe I deserve this spot, as a panelist I have to be honest about this even if it hinders me, but if I go to viridian on aug 29th and do good then I guess its safe to say that this is about right... I guess :p

3.Xzax- I'm in favor of Xzax taking the 3rd position, he has beaten Snakeee in a MM twice and has beaten Keitaro, Dmbrandon, Doom, r00kie, and such in tournament. He's also been more active than Rogue Pit this season.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I beat Atomsk and Snakeee.
(in low tiers)

xD

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lmao, I dunno Chibo what GwJ says is word xD

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
And got owned by my Ike. :)
Hey now ):<

You have a legit Ike, but each match was last stock. No "owning" took place, but a win is a win.

Actually I beat PA all day in low tiers. You, Lawz, then Vex.

lmao
Ike has replaced Sonic as the MK of Low Tier, lol
Double Ike is the new Double MK xD

Ban Ike >_< lol jk

Top Bottom