• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The official "Ask Your Questions" thread

Foy

Smash Champion
xD too answer 1 and 2. I moved back to NY so cant really drive to Jrs anymore. =[

Johns not a dbag. >_> i dont think. <_<

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I like how RockCrock does spaced Bairs on shields and uptilts afterward to intercept their attempted punishment.

/random post

Foy

Smash Champion

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i have a location field in my profile and it's accurate, sir

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
what
you must suck if you're having trouble as jiggs against dk.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
1. Bair a lot.
2. Don't approach with fairs. You'll get them crouch cancelled to dsmash.
3. Watch out for random fsmashes and punches. They kill Jiggs early.
Summary: Bair him over and over.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I just hate the idea of going into a lower tiered character board and asking how to beat that char..... that'd be like me asking how the Zelda forums how to beat her.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Other than uair and dsmash, DK doesn't really have easy ways to kill Jiggs. If you're getting killed by punches and fsmashes, you should just stay in the air more. DK can't really challenge Jiggs up there.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Spoilers

Strong bad, first off, Jayford = that Mewtwo you were getting pooped on at SMYM

Second, I'm the DK that's beasting Jayford :D

Third, have you not seen RockCrock vs Hungrybox? I guess Hungrybox is bad at this game for not being able to completely destroy RC's DK. OH ****, didn't he just get 2nd at Pound?

This is basically a long way of saying shut the **** up, your sooo bad at posting, let alone the game.

I personally think it's a decent matchup. Bair eats her aerials and she doesn't want to be above you (Uair). If you miss a Bair, ftilt afterwards (recall Mexican's tips vs Marth), Ftilt eats her approach as well. Better yet, uptilt works the same way and can actually setup (props to RockCrock vs Linguini matches on this). Also, Giant Punch is too awesome in this matchup.

Not saying it's **** or one sided, I think it can go fairly either way when you consider how hard of a time Jiggs has killing.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
LOLOL.

Btw, dthrow -> SH giant punch combos in training mode around 106%, just if DK feels like going for overkill.

Utilting with your back to Jiggs is too good.

I've been using CC -> dsmash effectively vs. Jiggs for a WHILE. Kills her around 90% on Yoshi's.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
DK vs jiggs isn't that bad. I took hungrybox to round 3 at genesis. I barely lost first match, won second match and barely lost 3rd match. Biggest problem against jiggs is that she ***** dk at a lot of stages. If you don't win first match, you're probably going to lose the set. Once jiggs gets her choice, its very difficult to win

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
NJzfinest: ...I didn't go to SMYM....

dthrow -> giant punch or dthrow -> dthrow doesn't work against down & away DI, but very few players expect it. I wouldn't use it more than once or twice, though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
but I beat the only mewtwo i played at e52 :(

about the rc vs. hungrybox argument: it was clear to me watching that match that hbox had a lack of DK experience. it seemed like he didn't expect a lot of the stuff RC threw at him (like the up-b stage spike). additionally, it was on RockCrock's counterpick and Hbox still beat him.
it's a 65-35 match-up imo... just combo into rest a lot and use bair. I've never faced a DK player as Jigglypuff so IDK exactly how the match-up is from that side, but it's difficult as DK.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
but I beat the only mewtwo i played at e52 :(

about the rc vs. hungrybox argument: it was clear to me watching that match that hbox had a lack of DK experience. it seemed like he didn't expect a lot of the stuff RC threw at him (like the up-b stage spike). additionally, it was on RockCrock's counterpick and Hbox still beat him.
it's a 65-35 match-up imo... just combo into rest a lot and use bair. I've never faced a DK player as Jigglypuff so IDK exactly how the match-up is from that side, but it's difficult as DK.
It's not that bad for DK. Jiggs is light, dk can ko her with more than just what was said. And giant punch=rest imo. As light as jiggs is, giant punch kills her at really low damages and its easier to land. I know i always use this counterpick stage, but i think that pk stadium is the best for fighting jiggs. You can maneuver fairly well, and can force her to go low enough to b air her, or high enough that she risks getting u air'd. Up b kills jiggs really well. Up b edgeguard works surprisingly well since most people won't expect it and/or think that they can beat it. B air can kill, up b can kill, u air can kill, giant punch can kill, and occasionally a d smash. Just try to not fall for stupid crap. lol. Lure jiggs in by purposely missing a giant punch and land an up b after. Roll out of shield rather than trying to jump out and beat jiggs (you won't win that way). DI whichever way jiggs is facing if she d throws you. Run away a lot and approach with b airs. Sorry that my random tips aren't organized, i'm half asleep right now. Goodnight

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yes, that's mainly the reason why I didn't mention you actually losing to the Mewtwo xD But yeah lol, he was giving you a lot trouble nonetheless. He doesn't even play Mewtwo right and as a player, he was way worse back then.

Also if you're getting rest comboed a lot, you're doing it wrong.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
he wasn't giving me trouble... i had 0 match-up experience and dk vs. mew2 is one of the dumbest matchups ever. I could have easily went Fox or Marth or like Doctor Mario and ***** him if I wanted to, but instead went 100% DK at that tournament.
no johns though.......................clearly I need to get more Mewtwo experience just in case I play any formidable mewtwos, else I'll be called out like this more.

otg

Smash Master
Strong Bad's doc is ****.

That said, I tried out that dthrow -> donkey punch nonsense on jiggs and couldn't get it to work at all. Tried it at multiple %'s too... I dont know what the trick is. I tried both normal dthrow and cargo dthrow.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's usually when they DI in or up to escape bthrow or cargo uthrow -> stuff. i've never looked into it.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Strong Bad's doc is ****.

That said, I tried out that dthrow -> donkey punch nonsense on jiggs and couldn't get it to work at all. Tried it at multiple %'s too... I dont know what the trick is. I tried both normal dthrow and cargo dthrow.
Im pretty sure that its escapable, unless they DI into it like strongbad said. At low percents Jiggs hits the ground after a D-throw (I dont know if she can DI escape this) so you can D-throw/tech chase/giant punch, which looks ****ing manly.

Also up-b ***** jiggs.

peace out

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's not bad, it's just boring as ****
the set literally took 20 minutes. it was the longest set of my pool. <_<

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
DK vs mewtwo is stupid. Unless you're going to play taj sometime soon, i wouldn't worry about the matchup. If you're playing taj's mewtwo, you're probably going to lose either way. lol. He knows the matchup fairly well. I can beat his marth, but his mewtwo is hard as hell to beat

Top Bottom