• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Indeed.

Lucas is low tier until treads like that change. It's just like Ally and Falcon if you think about it: low tiers randomly picked up for occasional use by a very good player.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Although it does bring up a valid concern when a character's second best player (according to you) doesn't even use him in tournaments.
WHAT. he prefers to use viable characters in tournaments?
blasphemy.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
There's 1 thing to be a good player and be a good character. Not everyones San,Reflex,or Deltacod. Poltergust your mad good I hear.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Tbh, I've always heard rumors of you being the best Yoshi so I assumed so. Deltacod is usually on the Ness boards I had no idea he was a yoshi main until Apex which he played very well in.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Shorter name dude. I mean, look at the popular names: San, Reflex, FOW, Nick, Delta, Ally, M2K, Dojo, X, Espy, Lain, Brood: no more than 6 letters. Poltergust? Waaay too long dude. Sorry.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
shorter name dude. I mean, look at the popular names: San, reflex, fow, nick, delta, ally, m2k, dojo, x, espy, lain, brood: No more than 6 letters. Poltergust? Waaay too long dude. Sorry.
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
But wait, don't they call you Niddo?

I smell a contradiction!!!
That's because the only reason that isn't my username is because I don't have a job. I can't even afford the membership here required to change your name. :laugh: I've been telling everyone on the Ike boards to call me Niddo, and word spreads around.

There is also the fact I suck at this game and have never placed better than 2nd worse. So in a way, that only further proves the rule if you go by my current username.

Thought of a few more names: Xyro, Ripple, Ook, Shaky, ESAM, Jerm, Atomsk, Hylian, Judge, Legan.

Also, M2K is actually Mew2King (no space or hyphen there either)
Fine: Having caps and numbers allows for shortening as well, depending on where they are. Like UltimateRazor -> Razor, or NinjaLink to -> NL...unless his name is Ninjalink, in which case he's the exception that proves the rule. >_> <_<

I'm telling you, I'm onto something here. You must have a name that can naturally be shortened to 6 letters or less.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
That's because the only reason that isn't my username is because I don't have a job. I can't even afford the membership here required to change your name. :laugh: I've been telling everyone on the Ike boards to call me Niddo, and word spreads around.
Also consider the fact that people don't care enough either way so if the choice is between Nidtendofreak or Niddo then it's pretty obvious. People call me Yagami or Light but very rarely do I see myself called "YagamiLight" simply because nobody cares enough to spell out the whole thing. Same thing goes with numbers at the end of a user name.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I feel like this is becoming one large namesearch trap.

Too long name: Keitaro

Good names: Bigman, Bigz, Scatz, Rai!

I might add that my preferred name is Deltacod, but even that shortens to Delta easily, and people have been calling me Delta for ages.

BSP

Smash Legend
Have you guys noticed that the #1 character also has the shortest name when abbreviated? There is something to this.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Actually, another example that supports the name rule is Legendary Bleachigo.

mariobrouser, I'm pretty sure the rule does not apply to characters. Otherwise Link would be pretty high up there and Ice Climbers would be bad.

But then again, Ice Climbers shorten to 2 letters, as does MK.

Still, it causes too large an area, as many characters have 5 letter names.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
KID
Speed
Boss
Chu
Fatal
Dazwa
Kain
Kirk
Ryo
Zeton
Shugo
PF
FAE
Galeon
Praxis
Nicole
Anti
Will
Vinnie
TKD
Tyrant
DSF
HAZE
Mr. R
Akira
BluB
Gregs

WHAT THE EFF IS THIS?!

WORLDWIDE CONSPIRACY

BSP

Smash Legend
Actually, another example that supports the name rule is Legendary Bleachigo.

mariobrouser, I'm pretty sure the rule does not apply to characters. Otherwise Link would be pretty high up there and Ice Climbers would be bad.

But then again, Ice Climbers shorten to 2 letters, as does MK.

Still, it causes too large an area, as many characters have 5 letter names.
Link is 2nd best character in G tier, he's "up there" in his own way :bee:

DK?
He's gotta mean DK right?
Yes. His Bair is just too good for any competition.

C.J.

Smash Master
Seibrik, RedHalberd (No one calls him RH and Halzy isn't a natural shortening), Renegade, Gluttony, Calzorz, Souther.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Glut
South
Cal
Brik
Red

They all have shortened names

RAFE

Status