• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Clash of the Titans 4 Results Thread

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok, I've been delaying saying this, as I know this will upset a lot of people, but it's completely not my fault regardless.

I do not have grand finals Ally vs Mew2king.

Allow me to explain what happened...
How could anything go wrong!? I had a VCR flat out recording the matches. A fresh 8 hour tape ready to record less than 8 hours of smash. There could be virtually no problems! But some people do not listen, and one specific act of not listening to someone has caused this.

After one of the power outages that happened at my apartment, I reset the Wii and got the VCR ready again. Keitaro had asked me something along the lines of "Yo Chibo, do you want me to pause the tape after each match then start recording again when the next match starts since I'm sitting here next to the VCR?"

I flat out denied him. I made sure it was clear I did not want him, or anyone, touching the VCR at all. He continued to ask if I was sure I didn't want the help. No I didn't. I didn't want any chance of something going wrong. I didn't need dead time between matches cut out, especially since I had to re-record it to my computer later anyway. Despite him asking multiple times, I told him not to every time and told him to not touch it.

Now I couldn't keep an eye on him or the TV the entire time considering there was 40 or so people in my tiny one bedroom apartment (WOW). When I later was recording the VCR tape, I saw something disturbing. After each match starting when Keitaro asked me, it was being paused and resumed after each match. I can't describe how angry I was. Thankfully everything seemed fine, so perhaps I was over-exaggerating. Then it happened. I knew it would. This is why I told no one to touch the freicken VCR. After Spammer vs Ally finished, the recording was paused/stopped, and it never started back up. Just as I thought, he forgot to hit record again, and no one noticed. It makes sense too, since it was Spammer just kicked out of the tourney, a friend of Keitaro who he was there with. I'm sure after the set he got up to talk to him and other people etc, and completely forgot about the VCR.

So there you have it. People don't listen, and we lost the grand finals of the biggest Brawl tourney yet.

Unfortunately, I also just broke the news to M2k now when he asked me to put up the set again. I've been trying to put off telling anyone, but I couldn't anymore. I'm sure most of you remember what happened after Cata4. M2k vs Ally was amazing. They saved it to the Wii. People on the stream remember them saving it. Later on, it wasn't there. No one knows why. No one recorded it from the stream. It was lost. M2k was very upset and no longer wanted any more vids of him up.

M2k originally wanted no vids of him up from CoT4, but we were able to convince him to let them up, which I was thankful for. But now, after this act of extreme stupidity and disobey, M2k wants all of his CoT4 vids down. Being a friend of his and realizing how infuriating it must be to have the grand finals of a set you did awesome in lost, I decided to comply with his request and take them down. Maybe you guys can talk him out of it, though I don't expect anyone to do so except maybe have Keitaro apologize for what happened.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Lol I figured someone would. Is it wrong that I'm almost glad you did? :p
But yea, I've been trying to contact Keitaro for a while about this but he's never on AIM. I guess to make sure he was the one who did it, but who else would start pausing the recording after he said he was going to lol.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I felt that he would request them to be taken off right from the start so I did the same thing. Your still missing ally vs lee 1 and 2 though I wish I had saved those now =P

How about some azen videos though did any of those get saved? I was really looking forward to doubles videos but no one seems to be uploading those except for losers finals. Theres still a ton of other great matches out there right? Or did something screw those up too I'd rather be told now than waiting a month and getting nothing.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
im mad cuz i did way better in the grand finals than i did in the first set

from now on no more vids of me. Tired of being screwed by luck
Think of it this way. You did better in grand finals, right? Now that the vids are lost, no one could see (read: STEAL) your super awesome Ally ****** strats.

Now please don't say no more vids of you :(

jugfingers

Smash Champion

its not luck that you aren't consistent. there are causes, or lack of causes, that cause you to not be consistent

be more consistent, john less, play brawl less.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
no need to say no johns jugfingers, especially considering u werent at the tourney
m2k really has been screwed over a lot, especially in videos as of recently. all of his favorite big sets that were or should have been recorded got lost by incredibly random problems.

however i do feel that entrants of a tourney deserve videos of finals, and other ppl to watch and hype it up etc. i didnt make any previous promises for cot4, but for tourneys i run from here on out, i am going to make it a rule that i have a right to record whatever tourney matches i want and put them up, with the exception of incredibly situations, like ally v lee 3rd match where the power went out and messed everything up.

i found this comment i got on my utube profile after i made the m2k vids private. i found it mean, but hilarious:
"Noooooooo I was in the middle of the M2K vs Ally when I decided to change it to high quality, when you had put it on private. How evil."
i should email it to him out of pity lol
but i wont :)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
i found this comment i got on my utube profile after i made the m2k vids private. i found it mean, but hilarious:
"Noooooooo I was in the middle of the M2K vs Ally when I decided to change it to high quality, when you had put it on private. How evil."
i should email it to him out of pity lol
but i wont :)
LOL that sucks.

*watches saved copy over and over and over*

Oh, and please don't PM me asking for the vids. M2K doesn't want them up, and I know that if I send them to someone, they're going to put them up on Youtube...

OverLade

Smash Hero
Man ****s wack. Sorry M2K.

Nothing can be perfect, Chibo you did your best considering the circumstances....

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
dude, why didnt the 2 players make sure it was recording b4 they started the match, so easy..

But now, after this act of extreme stupidity and disobey, M2k wants all of his CoT4 vids down.
dumbest thing ive ever heard of. What does losing a few vids have to do with taking the rest down. why make everyone else suffer? They were such good vids to watch and its down now???

hmm so like, every tourny you go to, we can never see semi-finals and finals? f that.. dont bother going please.
Everyone will be happy so we can actually watch tourny matches.
By the way thats not bad luck. Check to see if the dang matches are recording. And if its saved to a wii, bring an sd card with you to copy them or make sure its saved on your wii. Your screwing yourself over.

TO's plz make it a rule that if you enter the tournament/ take the cash payout, you agree to having your matches put up online.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i should really cut out that stock where that happened lol.m2k at crazy high percent, ally at 0. m2k almost 0-deaths him. m2k trips. dies. he lost a match in winners finals of the biggest brawl tourney yet because of tripping. lol

Niko_K

Smash Master
Vex, upload the 2gb file to a private server or split it into parts and upload it to Rapidshare. I'll take care of it.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
I don't think finalists owe people anything, that being said...if your taking that much **** money it's kinda a **** move to not just allow the vids to be uploaded. you go, win money, and still ***** about ****. Its ridiculous.

hell, I wish I was "unlucky" like m2k too.

Niko_K

Smash Master
i should really cut out that stock where that happened lol.m2k at crazy high percent, ally at 0. m2k almost 0-deaths him. m2k trips. dies. he lost a match in winners finals of the biggest brawl tourney yet because of tripping. lol
We all said it was going to happen eventually...lol brawl

AfroQT

Smash Master
It does suck that your favorite sets werent recorded m2k. I can understand. But saying you arent giong to be recorded anymore is stupid. I dont know what you want outta the smash community, you already have most peoples respect. You are the best brawl player and one of if not the best players in melee. When you win a tourney everyone knows, people just dont want to watch vids sot hey can so you win/lose. they want to watch vids so they can improve. It sucks when there isnt videos for a huge tourney, no matter what the reason is. And right now the reason is fvcking dumb. There are plenty of things that YOU can do to make sure your set is recorded, and hell even if it does end up getting lost or w/e by some stupid chance, WHO CARES. You are the one that walked away with the money, you won the tourney, everyone knows you are clearly superior to whoever you are playing. Its like you dont want us to see matches of you losing or almost losing...even tho you won the tourney ....

Seriously dont be gay, theres nothing wrong with recording your matches so other people can learn. If you REALLY dont want them recorded atleast have a real reason.

OverLade

Smash Hero
You know a tournaments epic when people are still *****ing about it a month later like it happened yesterday.

Some more vids would be nice though....

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
he still didnt put em up?
****it vex...

il piss him off on aim everyday until he does. and next time i see him, if they still arent up, il steal his laptop and put them up myself lol

Top Bottom