• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Falco Video Thread

Binx

Smash Master
You just need some more tricks. I see you drill behind shields and utilt, try to drill behind shield and drill again, if it hits the payoff is usually just as big and if it doesn't you can pressure faster.

Also, vs Marth especially, you can sometimes replace shines with utilts for more savage combos. Ledgehop wavelands have a lot of invincibility frames, its sometimes better than double lasering, give it a shot sometime. Also try more shine bairs, you can do em with Fox so it should be madly easy for you, it throws off DI if they expect drills and can set up early edgeguards.

VerticallyChallenged

Smash Journeyman
i dont think u remember me, but i was the marth u vsed in cast4 that u 2-1'd me.

i think ur approaches are a bit repetitive, like not much variation and ur techs are easier to read than other people. u got great edgegaurding though.

ditto what kevinM said.
Man you kno wi have noo reason to be telling you what to do lol and it should be the other way around but I was watching the vids the one thing i DID notice is your approaches were the same for a lot of it ... but like I said ... you really shudnt be listenin to me lol :p I could be wrong :p LOL ily tooooooo<3 YAY

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Edgegaurding is great, you tend to use leh-zarz like a mad-man, I see you try to pillar a lot but it fails out on you and your techs are pretty repetitive.

The only things I really noticed.

Falco is no easier character to main. He seems all "sticky" and "gooy" but that's just me.
I agree with this person, I don't think Falco is that much harder or easier to main then Fox. Its cool that you switch mains and all. I know a lot of people who don't like to play both the orignal character and the clone, either one or the other. I respect your choice in switching mains but I hope you still intend to play Fox more too. I know its frustrating when you get that negative mindset and start playing crappy, but we all have our good and bad smash days. So don't give up on Fox just yet, but that's just me. lol

Anyway, may I suggest more empty short hops when you are right in your opponents face? With the the way you shoot it would make a lot of people shield by reflex so I think if you blended empty short hop in your game you would be getting a lot free grabs. That's my main tip for you. XD

Eggz

Smash Hero
Delicious, delicious knowledge. Thanks everyone, keep it up. =]
So far:
Clean up my tech patterns
Suck less at pillaring
Use utilt more, especially on semi floaties/floaties
Vary approaches

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Delicious, delicious knowledge. Thanks everyone, keep it up. =]
So far:
Clean up my tech patterns
Suck less at pillaring
Use utilt more, especially on semi floaties/floaties
Vary approaches
Happy to hear it bro. Its not everyday a pro asks for advice like this. Thanks for the chance. ^^

Oh yeah, do you mind if I add ya to MSN? I figured I'd ask first. :-)

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
The only thing helpful I think I can give you is this: You seem to be focusing on getting combos more than killing your opponent. Keep your play-style simpler until you're more comfortable with your character. Also, you're trying to dair/shine-combo people in situations where you could hit them with a different aerial attack or a tilt and get better results. Remember that Falco can be combo'd just as easy as Fox can, and can be gimped even harder because of his short recovery.

You're technical enough, just work a bit more on the rest.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Your aerial usage and platform play are very creative. lol I started watching these matches thinking that I would actually be able to offer some legitimate critique. Not really the case. Ah, but as everyone said, your approaches are a bit on the repetitive side. At least, I noticed that at first. Although as I watched more I saw more mindgames and general pressuring, and so any repetition in your movement patterns was pretty much made negligible.

Um, yeah. Well, best of luck with Falco. I'm going to go ahead and watch the videos that I skipped now, for my own entertainment.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
If someone sits in his shield just grab more
It's good to throw them off

One neat trick against people who waveshield back when you approach with a shffl'd attack is to just SHL instead.
They will have a bit lag from the laser against their shield and you will only have the usual landing lag, so you can usually shine before he can grab or sth.
If they dont waveshield back, land behind them and pressure from there.
Especially Marth isn't good at hitting ppl behind his shield.

Were those ledgeattack edgeguards intentional?
You gotta teach me that shiz

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Man you kno wi have noo reason to be telling you what to do lol and it should be the other way around but I was watching the vids the one thing i DID notice is your approaches were the same for a lot of it ... but like I said ... you really shudnt be listenin to me lol :p I could be wrong :p LOL ily tooooooo<3 YAY
for the crew battle right?

i know, u're right :(

its cause everyone told me to use fox, and honestly, my fox sucks quite a bit. so i just stuck with one approach and finish his stocks with usmash and i guess it worked lol.

im actually a falco/marth main so fox is hard for me to play cause im not very technical with him lolol.

Yeah, I copied them from Bowser. Its really good.
i noticed that carl does that too, its ****.

mario-man

Smash Lord
**** Eggz I'm not in the falco community technically, so I can't really critique, but still that was ****(at least the ka master vids, I haven't yet watched the rest)

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Grab more. Falco is the one character who will has poor grab options, can get more grabs than anyone else because of laser pressure. Just force techs, and then go to town with his brutal tech chase combo options.\

Nice movement style overall, you tend to use the special platform drop lasers better than even more experienced Falcos. I can't even do that stuff lol. I just pew pew normally without the platform or edge cancels.

Missile

Smash Apprentice
Hands down my fav Falco out there. Thanks for the videos. ThePrime had you guessing at the beginning, hehe. He plays really good, I like his platform game, and yours too, they're just so perfect most of the time(99.9%, hehe). Good job, keep practicing.

One thing I didn't like: you use the blaster so much. From personal experience, I hate blasters.. but yeah. That's just me being a novice. Start practicing your dair combos, and follow up your shines ASAP.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
AZ Falco Dittos FEATURING: Forward, VectorMan, Axe

Just showing some AZ Falco Dittos for all to watch, before I take my leave for the military. I want to thank ALL. (Yes each and everyone of you Falco users, who've helped Axe, myself, or anyone I know with my Falco. Axe and Forward will still be around as AZ Falco's but I will not since i'll be joining the military. However there's one in the making from AZ. His name is Joey (YEAH) watch out for him! n n

Once again. Thanks to EVERYONE, who've helped my Falco when I joined and started him back in the 2006 season when I started him, and even if you didn't help just Thanks for the criticism Without your motivation, advice, who knows where I'd be. Most of you may not remember but more than Half of you have helped me with Falco back in the day, so hopefully I can return the favor with some entertainment. =D Please enjoy the Falco dittos and I hope you rate/enjoy them! Of course special thanks to Axe/Forward, both of you are motivational. =) Anyway here we go!

Forward (Blue Falco) vs VectorMan (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d0Oi_zbGW0
Forward (Blue Falco) vs VectorMan (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQkd0BPFCQE
Forward (Blue Falco) vs VectorMan (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy-hc6Tm3_g

Forward (Blue Falco) vs Axe (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDuxbiiq9Bk
Forward (Blue Falco) vs Axe (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfHqHEAtFUw

VectorMan (Blue Falco) vs Axe (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzsybWffox4
VectorMan (Blue Falco) vs Axe (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idzloOEwicQ (Funny Match)
VectorMan (Blue Falco) vs Axe (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crQGRzYl37g

Most of you already know. Axe and I have many Falco Dittos so I didn't want to post all of them. Just my 3 personal favorite ones, but there are multiples, if you want to see em they're all over youtube!

Once again thanks to everyone who's helped me. and I wish you all the best! It was a great smash career! n n

-

post the set where i dont lose and do combos lol
edit - nvm its labeled as set 2 instead of 1 i think, if i remember the tags right
edit 2 - nvm post the one where im dribble fukker you dribble fukker

well take any teams mms at flatzone

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Hey dude. I got your PM. I definitely remember you. I remember when you first started and were the most wave dash happy Falco ever. Look at how far you've come dude!

Your over all game has improved a ton, and you have both Forward and Axe around to look to for ideas. Lucky :p. I'd personally say work on your laser spacing, and work on getting those first hits. You get together some ok combos once you do land a hit, you just have to focus on getting that first hit. I'll add more when I watch them again.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
eggz, can you make toph and vish better so they have a better chance when they come to hawaii again. lol.
LOL you scrub. fyi in december I beat merc more than he beat me in falco dittos, and im pretty sure merc is better than you

anyway eggz your videos suck stop losing to teddy etc 1/5

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
LOL you scrub. fyi in december I beat merc more than he beat me in falco dittos, and im pretty sure merc is better than you
merc might be better than me, just not in falco dittos. i recall beating him fairly consistantly in dittos in the longest time. although he did beat me in the crew battle when it mattered. and merc has no other characters besides falco that could stand up to mine. you can still say he's better than me if you want, maybe it's just my play style that counters his.

back on topic. eggz's falco tend to tech a certain way, i think somebody else already pointed that out.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
One thing I didn't like: you use the blaster so much. From personal experience, I hate blasters.. but yeah. That's just me being a novice. Start practicing your dair combos, and follow up your shines ASAP.
One thing I didn't like: you use the blaster so much.
blaster so much.
*head asplodes*

But seriously, any critique I give I feel would be mainly down to playstyle difference. Your general skill and experience as a smasher really shows through, you're laser and platform game are both creative and I loved your jab use. The only thing I can see you having to work on in any way is approach variation and tech patterns, but that's all that comes to mind, there's a reason most people have just been repeating stuff, there's not that much to critique.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Just showing some AZ Falco Dittos for all to watch, before I take my leave for the military. I want to thank ALL. (Yes each and everyone of you Falco users, who've helped Axe, myself, or anyone I know with my Falco. Axe and Forward will still be around as AZ Falco's but I will not since i'll be joining the military. However there's one in the making from AZ. His name is Joey (YEAH) watch out for him! n n

Once again. Thanks to EVERYONE, who've helped my Falco when I joined and started him back in the 2006 season when I started him, and even if you didn't help just Thanks for the criticism Without your motivation, advice, who knows where I'd be. Most of you may not remember but more than Half of you have helped me with Falco back in the day, so hopefully I can return the favor with some entertainment. =D Please enjoy the Falco dittos and I hope you rate/enjoy them! Of course special thanks to Axe/Forward, both of you are motivational. =) Anyway here we go!

Forward (Blue Falco) vs VectorMan (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d0Oi_zbGW0
Forward (Blue Falco) vs VectorMan (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQkd0BPFCQE
Forward (Blue Falco) vs VectorMan (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy-hc6Tm3_g

Forward (Blue Falco) vs Axe (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDuxbiiq9Bk
Forward (Blue Falco) vs Axe (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfHqHEAtFUw

VectorMan (Blue Falco) vs Axe (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzsybWffox4
VectorMan (Blue Falco) vs Axe (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idzloOEwicQ (Funny Match)
VectorMan (Blue Falco) vs Axe (Green Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crQGRzYl37g

Most of you already know. Axe and I have many Falco Dittos so I didn't want to post all of them. Just my 3 personal favorite ones, but there are multiples, if you want to see em they're all over youtube!

Once again thanks to everyone who's helped me. and I wish you all the best! It was a great smash career! n n

-
No love for the Tucson Falco mains? I'm saddened!

It's pretty impressive that we both started Melee around the same time, yet we're worlds apart in skill.

Good luck in the military. Arizona will miss you. <3.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
no no.. i know there are other mains...just i'm from sv.. i'm gonna represent the sv crew you know...

Also.. Joey.. has only been playing for 4 months... and he's at a level similar with Tai's level... in only 4 months... .imagine how good he'll be afterwards... ^^: that's all..

but i know you're on the way tai's tryin to make a falco.... other players too..

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
no no.. i know there are other mains...just i'm from sv.. i'm gonna represent the sv crew you know...

Also.. Joey.. has only been playing for 4 months... and he's at a level similar with Tai's level... in only 4 months... .imagine how good he'll be afterwards... ^^: that's all..

but i know you're on the way tai's tryin to make a falco.... other players too..
That's true. I won't argue with you there. I just try to give respect to AZ as a whole. This state is too good. I wouldn't give anything to live in any other state, or part of the world. <3.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
nice falco, but wow is forward ever rusty.

he just started playing again?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Good stuff VMan I liked your matches vs Axe. The one on DL (vs axe) was probably one of the best falco dittos I've ever seen.

I hope you keep playing after finishing with the military stuff or at least play casually =P

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Along with terrible Mogwai commentary :p

Sorry that my commentating sucked in this set, I swear I was more entertaining and educational earlier in the day (and I didn't suck at speaking, god, such epic fail @ speaking at the beginning of that first match).

Top Bottom