• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL FL Brawl 2011 Power Rankings (Updated 8/26/11)

Mampam

Smash Ace
Lol so Mampam wants a character banned for all the "wrong" reasons, big deal. That's 75% of the smash community following the same opinion. Including me :awesome:

But nah, real talk, I don't care if the character gets banned. He never bothered me to begin with.
i know you were trolling about the "wrong reasons" part, considering ive NEVER heard an actually reason that benefits the game, for wanting to keep the char

i can write you a book on why he should go, and trust me

i can site my sources, i got pleny' links :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Exdeath

Smash Master
i know you were trolling about the "wrong reasons" part, considering ive NEVER heard an actually reason that benefits the game, for wanting to keep the char

i can write you a book on why he should go, and trust me

i can site my sources, i got pleny' links :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:
I'm sure that someone can write a book on "Proof of Why the Color Orange Caused World War 3 in 1805 -- I Have Links," but that doesn't mean much.

Mampam

Smash Ace
I'm sure that someone can write a book on "Proof of Why the Color Orange Caused World War 3 in 1805 -- I Have Links," but that doesn't mean much.
thank you for writing something that made no sense

if i can site sources, from lets say.... 20 people all of various skill levels, and regions, who are all complaining about the same things

how does that not mean much?

anti bans obviously dont care for majority vote, hence, "I and me"

Exdeath

Smash Master
thank you for writing something that made no sense

if i can site sources, from lets say.... 20 people all of various skill levels, and regions, who are all complaining about the same things

how does that not mean much?

anti bans obviously dont care for majority vote, hence, "I and me"
You missed my point entirely. Just because you can say something doesn't make it true. Just because you can structure something properly doesn't make it true either.

You would still embrace your own view point even if it was in the minority.

Mampam

Smash Ace
You missed my point entirely. Just because you can say something doesn't make it true. Just because you can structure something properly doesn't make it true either.

You would still embrace your own view point even if it was in the minority.
opinion or not, its about the majority, and the majority agrees with me, that is why polls are taken in the first place >__>

all i get from anti bans is, its not true cause its your opinion, and i dont agree with it, and no statistics, well tell that to 75% of 1000

if we do not use statistics to decide which opinion is more plausible, than we cant even argue, and there are no statistics to show that mk shouldnt be banned

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
You'll never, ever EVER see Shieks placing well in tournaments (besides the few exceptions out there, always an exception to any rule). Hell you aren't even going to see more shieks then you see now, because Shiek sucks, hell get Ed in here he'll tell you Shiek sucks but he plays her anyway cuz hes a man.
You rang Mattfro? Sorry Yele, sheik isn't too good and it isn't really MK to blame. She just an ultra precision character that doesnt have many bad MUs in paper but lacks some good tools. I just make her look good at times. Hooray exceptions.

:phone:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
the polls all taken before showed mk shouldn't be banned

so they weren't true? i thought polls showed TRUTH AND FACTS

so all we know according to ur logic is that either we were wrong before, or we are wrong now.

but just the idea that we could be wrong proves ur idea of "polls being facts" to be wrong, even if it's 75%, when a good majority of that % could be based off biased, same for the other end.

Exdeath

Smash Master
opinion or not, its about the majority, and the majority agrees with me, that is why polls are taken in the first place >__>

all i get from anti bans is, its not true cause its your opinion, and i dont agree with it, and no statistics, well tell that to 75% of 1000
An idea's merit is not based on its popularity. Also, I remember the poll being closer to 900.

Mampam

Smash Ace
the polls all taken before showed mk shouldn't be banned

so they weren't true? i thought polls showed TRUTH AND FACTS

so all we know according to ur logic is that either we were wrong before, or we are wrong now.

but just the idea that we could be wrong proves ur idea of "polls being facts" to be wrong, even if it's 75%, when a good majority of that % could be based off biased, same for the other end.
the polls before were along time ago, now that the metagame has developed further and we have even more statistical evidence of mks dominance, people changed their minds, i didnt say anything about facts, although mks dominance IS a fact

and x, you are pretty much just trolling right now, sorry you're a mk main >>

Exdeath

Smash Master
the polls before were along time ago, now that the metagame has developed further and we have even more statistical evidence of mks dominance, people changed their minds, i didnt say anything about facts

and x, you are pretty much just trolling right now, sorry you're a mk main >>
I'm kind of sad about losing the work that I put into MK and I'm sorry about losing him as a broken character in doubles that let me compete with pretty much anyone in FL (HRNut where you at?), losing MK doesn't actually affect me much in singles.

At first I thought that it would, but then I realized that the only people I can take a set off of with MK that I don't think that I can without him are pretty much Falco and Diddy Kong players. Everyone else is pretty much the same with or without MK in singles. Even there I'm making headway by getting a lot of practice with you at Tampafest.

Mampam

Smash Ace
I'm kind of sad about losing the work that I put into MK and I'm sorry about losing him as a broken character in doubles that let me compete with pretty much anyone in FL (HRNut where you at?), losing MK doesn't actually affect me much in singles.

At first I thought that it would, but then I realized that the only people I can take a set off of with MK that I don't think that I can without him are pretty much Falco and Diddy Kong players. Everyone else is pretty much the same with or without MK in singles. Even there I'm making headway by getting a lot of practice with you at Tampafest.
yes, you can learn to fight diddy and falco with someone else, time for another character

again though, if we dont base the outcome on statistics, then people are just on some bull****

and yeah raven, im waiting eagerly, so i can start orgasming

whether or not you believe another 1/3 of the cast will be viable or not, which many believe they will be, we will not see the same char dittos in gf's 80% of the time

Mampam

Smash Ace
bascially all im understanding from anyone who doesnt agree with me is

"i dont want mk banned because i don't care what todays statistics say, or what the majority think", or "i think its dumb to rid of a character in a game" or "i put all this time into this character" or "i think this character is needed to show my skill" notice all the "I's" no actual reasoning that benefits the community as a whole, as there is no good evidence to support why mk should be kept

while im saying

the majority based on statistics and data we have gathered to this day, have come to the conclusion, that mk as a character in this game, is limiting its progression

which one of these "doesnt make sense?"

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
mampam wow

if the community is that p**** about a character like MK then they are beyond help

man tha **** up

WARIO 4 LIFE

Mampam

Smash Ace
mampam wow

if the community is that ***** about a character like MK then they are beyond help

man tha **** up

WARIO 4 LIFE
you havent been part of the community since late 09, never took the game seriously, and do not exist anymore

please, stop trolling

2-DJeff

Smash Master
yes, you can learn to fight diddy and falco with someone else, time for another character

again though, if we dont base the outcome on statistics, then people are just on some bull****

and yeah raven, im waiting eagerly, so i can start orgasming

whether or not you believe another 1/3 of the cast will be viable or not, which many believe they will be, we will not see the same char dittos in gf's 80% of the time
same with IC to mampam you where using mk yourself for this fight

Mampam

Smash Ace
and yet i, an "antiban," still have more sense than you
where the **** is your sense, someone who is stuck with an 09 mindset, doesnt give a **** about the game, or more than a few people in the community is trying to talk

go stay in jacksonville with your community of two people and play your other ****ty *** games >__> and leave us who actually care, to brawl, even if ur trolling, u still dont exist, so ur opinion means nothing

and jeff, you obviously didnt read my latest reply on youtube

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
if you consider starcraft a ****ty game..... lol

i post on these boards, i play the game and i do travel. You have no sense. I exist.

btw, i have sacrificed and gained more than you ever will for brawl

if my opinion doesn't matter, then neither does any of you little ******* that think that banning MK is gonna drastically cut down on the lack of skill/gayness that you end up seeing

edit: You are butchering a sick, wounded dying horse and expecting for the meat to actually be enjoyable.

Mampam

Smash Ace
if you consider starcraft a ****ty game..... lol

i post on these boards, i play the game and i do travel. You have no sense. I exist.

btw, i have sacrificed and gained more than you ever will for brawl

if my opinion doesn't matter, then neither does any of you little ******* that think that banning MK is gonna drastically cut down on the lack of skill/gayness that you end up seeing

edit: You are butchering a sick, wounded dying horse and expecting for the meat to actually be enjoyable.
most of the new people in this community dont even know who you are, you do not exist, idc if you travel, cause of all the tourneys ive been to since 2010, i havent seen you once

the opinion of someone who doesnt care about a game, and doesnt go to locals or nationals doesnt matter

all you ever did was ***** about brawl every time i was around you, and you are expecting anyone to give a damn about what you have to say? >__>

whos the *****? the guy who is trying to change for the better, or the guy who disappeared cause he couldnt handle the everything he though was dumb about the game?

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
it's not a change for the "better" -- that's a speculation that i don't think a single MK banned tournament has proven

you're skirting around a fundamental problem that brawl is just not the best competitive game

Mampam

Smash Ace
it's not a change for the "better" -- that's a speculation that i don't think a single MK banned tournament has proven

you're skirting around a fundamental problem that brawl is just not the best competitive game
there has been no metagame development without mk, so obviously the results of any current mk banned tourney are going to feed off of what we know of the metagame with mk, (example: fewer of certain chars)

if you dont like brawl, then you should obviously have nothing to do with it

you cannot say nothing will change until we actually give it a chance, and obviously it may take awhile since it took over 3years for 75% of the community to start thinking logically

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
every match that doesn't have a MK in it, is metagame dev. w/out MK

you can't tell me that every match from 08-now involved at least 1 MK

have a little bit more sense

Mampam

Smash Ace
every match that doesn't have a MK in it, is metagame dev. w/out MK

you can't tell me that every match from 08-now involved at least 1 MK

have a little bit more sense
we need to constantly see what happens when hes not limiting peoples decisions >__> things will definitely change

with only the occasional mk banned tourney, people are still likely to only use the characters they use when mk is around

Mampam

Smash Ace
no reason to ban mk this game been out for a good minute now lol.
Gmoney is real talk.
alright, to all you anti bans

give me 10 reasons that benefit the community as to why we should keep mk, and try to pull up some actual statistics to support your arguement (if you even can >__>)

not bull**** like "cause you're a ***** if you want him banned" or "i just dont think hes broken"

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
First, give me 10 to ban him.
Burden of proof, etc. etc.

Btw, just so you know, I'm pro-ban only due to over-centralization.
He's beatable.

Also, no other character would dominate MUs like him.
ICs lose to ZSS for crying out loud. :troll:

Mampam

Smash Ace
First, give me 10 to ban him.
Burden of proof, etc. etc.

Btw, just so you know, I'm pro-ban only due to over-centralization.
He's beatable.

Also, no other character would dominate MUs like him.
ICs lose to ZSS for crying out loud. :troll:
you want me to give you 10 reasons to ban him?

son...... yes son..... i could give you 20, there are also plenty of blogs that i can link you to from aib, if theyre still up

let me get the reasons to keep him first, as i search for all the evidence i can find

Exdeath

Smash Master
you want me to give you 10 reasons to ban him?

son...... yes son..... i could give you 20, there are also plenty of blogs that i can link you to from aib, if theyre still up

let me get the reasons to keep him first, as i search for all the evidence i can find
You said that you already have your reasons and claim that the reasons to keep him don't exist, so it sounds like it'd be a lot easier for you to just post yours first. :awesome:

Mampam

Smash Ace
You said that you already have your reasons and claim that the reasons to keep him don't exist, so it sounds like it'd be a lot easier for you to just post yours first. :awesome:
im really eager to read all the i's and me's plus there are so many blogs, and thers no way to search them, ill be looking for awhile lol

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
but your fine with seeing THE SAME CHARACTER in gfs 80% of the time?

and 4 of them in the top 5?
No, I'm indifferent about it. I'm just gonna break it down to how we go about "winning", and if that's not what you want to hear then too bad, you're just gonna have to hold that ****.

You play to win by counterpicking your way through favorable matchups. I play to win by maximizing my character so I can compete with my unfavorable matchups.

Basically, either you're playing a game of who competes against MK or who can counterpick their opponent better. Personally, I really don't give a ****. I just play Brawl because I like Brawl.

Top Bottom