• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

theleocat5

Smash Cadet
I noticed that after i posted, it would be crazy to do that much.
Either way,
GENO 4 SSBB!!!!!

Office_Shredder

Smash Ace
Devastlian said:
Ya, its been in both fan made movesets posted in this thread...Somehow I doubt it'll be able to to do max damage, though...
They could make it his special move (the one you need the item for).

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
McFox said:
B-Down - The Geno Flash. Geno plants himself, and a series of multicolored lights rain down from the heavens on either side of him.

Super Move - The Geno Blast. Geno turns into a cannon, and shoots a spark into the center of the stage. The spark grows a face, blinks, and then explodes.
I dont really feel right correcting a moderator but but Geno Flash is the Cannon move and Geno Blast is the multi colored beam attack from above.

believe me I would know ;) (hence my name)

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
To see Geno in this game will surely impress me. Looks like he has a lot of fans, and I thought he was a very forgotten character (I mean, it's not like he is the main character of Super Mario RPG; and in Mario & Luigi, he was just a cameo).
But if so many people want it, maybe they should put him in. Mallow is gonna be pissed.

IDEA: If they revive the character intros for Brawl. Geno's would be the moment he descends from the sky and gets inside the doll.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah someone else just said that. I'll edit it. :p

And as for not being owned by Nintendo or not, even if Geno isn't owned by Nintendo, Square obviously doesn't have a problem with Nintendo using him, considering his appearance in Saga. Whether he's owned by Square or Nintendo, I think that's a non-factor in considering his possibility of being in.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Yeah I agree, I doubt Square would care if hes in ssbb. I do know for sure that Square has rights to him though.

They didnt seem to care that he was in Mario & Luigi: Super star saga, so thats a good sign

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
AHA, and here comes the reason why the Old SSBR thread should be left intact [wink]. It had a post from someone who claimed to have written Nintendo directly and gotten a response. Basically the response said they'd recently purchased the rights to Geno and all other characters from SMRPG, so Geno and Mallow have a chance at being in this or any future Smash Brothers game.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Hmm...Have you turned into an ad or something, JmcShocker16? That's coming up in a lot of topics where it has no relevance what so ever.

Jeeze...I never heard of Nintendo buying the SMRPG rights...You shouldn't of told me that, now it might almost be a given.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Devastlian said:
Hmm...Have you turned into an ad or something, JmcShocker16? That's coming up in a lot of topics where it has no relevance what so ever.

i'm just spreading the word. i want people to see it. so shut up!

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
JmcShocker16 said:
Visor for wii
did you guys forget? or maybe you didn't know. nintendo bought visors from a company called eMagin. you guys should really check this out. here's a link to the site http://www.3dvisor.com/

Ever since the appearance of the Nintendo ON video just prior to E3 2005, there has been much speculation regarding the possibility of a visor or external display device to be used in tandem with the Wii controller. Even though Nintendo purchased a number of visors from a company called eMagin, the connection to Wii has been, for the most part, renounced. However, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata did stated in an October interview with Japanese publication Nikkei Business that the Wii would work with any type of monitor, even digital projectors.
WTF are you talking about? & what does it have to do with Geno?

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
I remember seeing in the credits of Mario & Luigi there was something like, "The character 'GENO' was used with permission of SquareEnix", so Nintendo would have to get Sqenix's permission to use him. But, they've obviously gotten it once, what's to say Squenix wouldn't give it to them again?

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
Geno was my (or still one of the most) favourite characters of Nintendo (first is kirby LOLZ <(^.^). I would cry of happiness if they add him....should he be a secret character? or a 'fo real character?

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Yea geno is cool. It would be cool if you could use Geno boost to raise your partners strength. hhmmm what do you guys think?

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
That sounds like it'd be either completely underpowered or completely broken. It just wouldn't be balanceable. Plus, it'd mean Geno would have a move that was completely useless outside of teams. I think that Geno Boost should just be Geno's up+B move, used for recovery purposes, just because it's name sounds like that kind of move, even though that's not the effect that it had in the game.

Has anyone mentioned the idea of Geno having Timed Hits to make his attacks stronger? His attacks would be really weak if you miss the timing, but decently strong if you time it right. Something like that could make Geno a much more deep and interesting character.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Oro said:
That sounds like it'd be either completely underpowered or completely broken. It just wouldn't be balanceable. Plus, it'd mean Geno would have a move that was completely useless outside of teams. I think that Geno Boost should just be Geno's up+B move, used for recovery purposes, just because it's name sounds like that kind of move, even though that's not the effect that it had in the game.

Has anyone mentioned the idea of Geno having Timed Hits to make his attacks stronger? His attacks would be really weak if you miss the timing, but decently strong if you time it right. Something like that could make Geno a much more deep and interesting character.
Just like marth and roy right?

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sort of, only instead of the strength being dependent on what part of the attack you hit with, it'd be more like, as soon as your attack hits, you then hit A again, and if you hit it at the right time, it'd do extra damage. Like, say he had a Hand Cannon attack where he shot out his hands. If you didn't hit A again, his hands would just hit you and do 5% damage and a very small amount of knockback, but if you timed it correctly, it'd do 17% damage and have more knockback.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Since the character symbol thread was closed and Oro said symbols should be for their character's thread, what would Geno's symbol be?

I can't think of anything! Maybe a silhouette of his weapon(s).

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Oro said:
Sort of, only instead of the strength being dependent on what part of the attack you hit with, it'd be more like, as soon as your attack hits, you then hit A again, and if you hit it at the right time, it'd do extra damage. Like, say he had a Hand Cannon attack where he shot out his hands. If you didn't hit A again, his hands would just hit you and do 5% damage and a very small amount of knockback, but if you timed it correctly, it'd do 17% damage and have more knockback.
So would this be a smash attack? or special?

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would imagine that it would apply, at the least, to his smash attacks, aerial attacks, and maybe special moves. It probably wouldn't work with his jab attack or tilt attacks, though.

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
I think Geno would be really fun to play with not only because he's a loved char and he'd probably have a cool moveset, but also because he will act as a possesed doll (well, that's what he is). What I mean is that it will be cool to watch, something like what G&W did in SSBM, but his animation will be both fluid and mechanic-like. I imagine Geno falling apart each time he stands still, but I don't know if you'll get what I mean.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Oro said:
I would imagine that it would apply, at the least, to his smash attacks, aerial attacks, and maybe special moves. It probably wouldn't work with his jab attack or tilt attacks, though.
Do you think star gun could function like sheiks needles? also do you think certain characters should be able to heal %?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
nomis said:
Since the character symbol thread was closed and Oro said symbols should be for their character's thread, what would Geno's symbol be?

I can't think of anything! Maybe a silhouette of his weapon(s).
Smithy, because that kind of sums up that game

Ray Grievous

Smash Rookie
Dunno how true this is, or if it has been posted before, but apparently Nintendo just bought Geno from Square-Enix.

If that's true, it almost definitely means he's going to be in SSB:B.

*drifts back into obscurity*

--Ray

frogfusious

Smash Cadet
Nintendo didn't buy Mallow nor Geno...that was a rumor somebody posted on Wikipedia. Nonetheless, Geno would be great in the new Smash.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Is that so... if I'd known Wiki was the origin of that "info", I wouldn't have made reference to it...
It seemed to make sense, though.
Oh well... Geno did make a cameo in Superstar Saga, so I believe he still has a good shot.

Rowe

Smash Cadet
The reason Geno got to be in M&L:SS was because they got permission from Square. At the end of the game, it says "Regardless of the above, Geno is (C) Square"

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Rowe said:
The reason Geno got to be in M&L:SS was because they got permission from Square. At the end of the game, it says "Regardless of the above, Geno is (C) Square"
I'm aware of that, but they can always get permission to use him again, right?

With Snake making the cut, the idea's not all that outlandish...

D1

Banned via Administration

Geno's Neutral B would be a great edgeguardin move :D the only thing I don't agree w/ McFox is Geno's dsmash and dtilt they need somethin new and fresh not a move copied by another char...Geno's too good he should have a move where he de-possesses himself from his body and....uhh help me out here. : D

Top Bottom