• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
In general, I think we've been trying to be considerate about Southern IL and I've asked several times in the past if anyone reliable was willing to rep Southern/Central IL in the panel. I'll ask again this time. Anyone?!?!

I'm looking at you, Oranos, since you seem to actually care about relations between Chicago and "Not-Chicago" instead of just calling bias. (PM me if you're interested :bee:) We're totally open to communication, but it's just that the actual communicating seems to be the issue at hand here.
Although I would certainly like to, if I continue not making it to enough tournaments, my opinion's value will be diminished. As such, I will politely decline at this time until I can either attend a larger number of IL tournaments or improve to an extent where I would be a notable player. I'll have to send that PM when I feel as though I would become a greater asset to the panel by fulfilling one of those goals.
Host a Springfiled tourny this summer then guys, I'm sure a lot of Chicago will come down
Yeah, we're going to begin organizing it when the semester ends. Dunno if we're doing Melee & Brawl or just Brawl or what yet, depends on the date I guess (hopefully both again).
@Oranos - we changed the current criteria to only two tournies like a couple of seasons ago to help out the non-Chicago people a little more.

But yeah it kinda does suck that our state is so split. But you guys should really come to a Chicago tourney at least once this summer. You guys won't regret it. The venue Kirk got a hold of for the Don't Blink tournies is amazing. Huge venue, tons of setups, free parking, and free arcade games all for $5!
Yeah, I should be going to either DB3 with Surjan (maybe Chewyy? I still owe him a driving trip) Also, the reason I mentioned the note about the number of tournaments attended requirement was because it says "The Inactive list will be used for people who were on the top 10 last time, but have not attended more than 2 tournaments for the current season." That kinda bothered me because it required attendance for at least half of the tournaments for this update, which seemed kinda harsh for some folks. (I was under the impression it was "at least 2", before I looked yesterday)

If I don't make it to DB3, I'll probably be at the M.A.S. the next week, because it might be easier to get a group together on that weekend.
sorry for double post but I just noticed Akashi made this list:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262480

Illinois now has 5 players on there. ****!
awesome!
I got no PM or any notification of discussion.

if chicago wants to discuss, they should make sure to invite people who are on the panel
Is your PM box full? I will facepalm.

I second this. Oranos knows his stuff!
thanks chewyy, but I made a note above about this

Zozefup

Smash Lord
...I wouldn't mind representing southern IL with my completely non biased opinions.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
Although I would certainly like to, if I continue not making it to enough tournaments, my opinion's value will be diminished. As such, I will politely decline at this time until I can either attend a larger number of IL tournaments or improve to an extent where I would be a notable player.
You don't have to be good to be on the panel...or else why would I be on it? :chuckle: Heck, you don't even need to be at every tournament. All you need to do is be aware of what's going on in the smash scene in IL.

@Ripple - Whoops, I assumed Arty sent a PM to everyone. I'll make it more clear next time, or I'll send PMs myself when I stop being lazy.

@Zozefup - I appreciate the interest, but then who would complain about the rankings? lol jkjk, if you're serious then I'll consider letting you join for future updates.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Oh and BTW I should be :ganondorf:/:metaknight: instead of :metaknight:/:ganondorf:, since I played only Ganon for 3/5 of these tournaments (including the huge MAS).

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
yeah but the last two tourneys you went all MK.
3 tournies I went all Ganon... and 2 tournies I went all MK

it doesn't matter who I main now... if it did, you guys might as well go back and edit all PRs to say I main MK (if we kept records, that is).

Don't make me rage again lol XD

CUZ I WILL :mad:

Quik17

Smash Ace
Sponge and DLA are right lol. DLA should have Ganon/MK

Stone Cold Steve Austin just wants to stir up trouble!

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
ha, don't think raging will work again DLA. CAUSE IT WONT.

i actually don't know why it's mk/ganon :D
just know that your main will be the character you play most in tourney

Quik17

Smash Ace
Guys why aren't me and Zoze 1 and 2? We obviously win more tourneys than Arty.
Amount of posts in this thread

Zozefup 186
Oro 150
Dajayman 138
Arty 131
gameandwatch4Lyfe 125

Since skill in Brawl is obviously determined by how much posts you have in this thread and not by how much tournies you win or who you beat, you and Zoze should be number 1 and 2!! We need new panelists!

Akashi

Smash Lord
I'll just leave this here...

Brox put this on my shout-out all on AiB:

Brox said:
thanks for the friend invite! If you are ever up for some smash, you should give me a call and we can hang out. I need the practice. Just post a shoutout to me with your number and I'll do the same. Heck you can call me if you just wanna talk. I'm a good listener. Tomorrow I don't work so we can talk on the phone all day if you want. Just call after 2:00 pm so I can have time to prepare some jokes and topics for our conversation.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Hell yeah! My prowess of posting is soon to represent my skill. Numah one stunna baby!

Just to let you guys know, Brox is just Money's troll account. I can't believe no one has figured it out over the years.

Scythe

Smash Master
Hell yeah! My prowess of posting is soon to represent my skill. Numah one stunna baby!

Just to let you guys know, Brox is just Money's troll account. I can't believe no one has figured it out over the years.
This makes sense......

Quik17

Smash Ace
This better not be true. I had Brox narrowed down to 2 suspects and neither of them were Money!

Edit: Disregard what I said, I just saw ook's avy! Brox is real!!

Akashi

Smash Lord
SERIOUS POST ALERT RINGRINGRINGRING BEE-ROOOOOOOOOOOO BEE-ROOOOOOO

I really want to have a theme and picture for IL's PR. Almost every state has one, and imo it's pretty cool and unique xD. DBZ has been overdone, so I was thinking of something else. Suggestions anyone? It doesn't have to be an anime show or cartoon, and it can be something like a movie (Rocky, Terminator) or a show (Bill Cosby [LOL], House, etc).

I personally prefer One Piece, or something funny like the Cosby show ;D.

edit: I forgot to mention that I'll help in the picture/photoshopping, and I'd like to get this off the ground ASAP.

Top Bottom